Chiefs at Blots - Early Thoughts

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Chiefs at Blots - Early Thoughts

Post by Truman »

Oh wait... My bad.

The Blots still have a game to play Sunday.

Despite Tag's version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and the rath of some fickle bitch called Wilma, the Chiefs escaped South Florida with a "W" - only their second victory of the week. More importantly, tonight's win allows KC to keep pace with Dungver, who face a tough challenge against the Giants in the Cancerlands on Sunday.

In light of the fact that KC was forced to fly into Miami today for tonight's game, the Chiefs laid claim to their first victory in the state of Florida in living memory. And they did it by dominating both sides of the ball and playing old time Kansas City-style football.

Despite the score, this game was never close. Yeah, the 'Phins posted scores on two big plays - the Chiefs D is, afterall, the Chiefs D (and I'm convinced that Warfield still drinks), but the D also shut down the Fish running game and stuffed Ricky for -1 yards rushing on six carries.

Offensively, the Chiefs played their best game of the season and held the ball for almost 40 minutes tonight. Priest and Grand-mama combined for a buck-seventy on the ground on the way to over 450 yards in total offense.

So what effect does all this have on next week's game?

Two extra days. The Chiefs have two extra days to game plan - not to mention, rest - before their October 30 showdown against the Blots. Now, we all know how Marty places such a huge premium on Division home games, but SD will have its hands full on the road this Sunday against the NFC Champions . Add a long cross country flight, a hostile crowd, and a very physical Philadelphia defense to the mix, and I see a tired, beat up team ripe for a home upset.

Chiefs 31
Blots 23
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dimmo shows up in a thread and it's usually the kiss o' fucking death.

Can't let that happen to a Truman started Picasso of poigent platitudes.

As I've said since the begining of the year - Marty is cursed and by default so are the Blots. My guess is a Nate Kaeding miss or 3, maybe LT doesn't see Drew Brees and trips over him in the locker room or Maybe Antonio Gates finds Marty doing his old lady (don't laugh it could happen -Sin, G. Hill)

Whatever the case, something bad will happen and then Trent carves up the San Diego secondary - KC holds LT under 100 yds, while Brees passes for 350.

Final Score

Chiefs 34
Blots 31
Joe in PB -$294 for additional repairs to his steering column
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Im sure there will be a fair amount of shit talking from both sides as this week goes along, but fans on both sides have to be gripping a bit in reality.

Straight up, this game scares the shit outta me. Bolts will be coming home, after a very tough road loss. Chiefs have to be full of themselves after gutting the fish. Never a good thing. Bolts @ 3-4 from the outside would appear to be a patsie at first glance. But those 4 losses were by a combined total of 12 points. Add on the fact that they have scored more points than any team in the NFL.

In the Chiefs favor, the Bolts are accustomed to losing @ home. They also give more than their fair share of points @ home. Chiefs have had 2 extra days of preparation, while the Bolts were flying across the entire country, and back.

Chiefs need to win this game, if they want to regain some respect. Bolts must win this game, or they will be in a hole thats almost impossible to climb out of. As good as the Bolts have looked at times, and I do really believe they are one of the better teams in the league, a loss next week, and raiduhs winning @ Tenn, would have the Bolts IN LAST PLACE, in the division. :shock:

Right now, I gotta think the Bolts win this game, 30 something to a lower 30 something. LT will get his, more from rec. than rushing. Look for Gates and the recieving corp to do rather well. Larry Holmes will land lots of punches for the Chiefs. Special teams will be HUGE on both sides. Dante and Darren will both be looking to break every return.

Look for Trent and Drew to be the deciding factors in the game. Either of them goes INT happy, as they have both been known to do, its OVER. Chiefs had better hope Brees tosses at least 2 INT's and Trent/Dick/Al/Eddie/Daunte/Tony/Sammy/Mark need to get the passing game turned up a notch or 5.

OK, resume the shit talking.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Early money is pointing to a Bolt victory, and alot of money at that. Game opened, Bolts by 4 1/2. Its now at 6. :shock:

Non-gamblers - a spread moving 1 1/2 points is a pretty big fucking deal. Would normally take something completely out of the norm to make a swing like that. (Serious injury, mid-week, to a major player.)

Pretty safe in saying right now, I will be going kctart.

KC - 1

Gambling degenerates may want to layout a day or 2. If the money keeps flowing, Bolts could be favored by 7 or more. If so, take the Chiefs, the points, and bet the farm.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Gambling degenerates might want to take the over.

If the partisans for either side realisticly assess the Chiefs chances of containing LT after the Sunday he just had, or the Chargers secondary's ability to cover KC's wideouts (plus Gonzales) you'll understand why the line is at 50.

And the spread is what it is because A) a high scoring game is anticipated B) the Dolts are at home and C) they anticipate them and especially LT to be pissed after the Philly game.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I wonder if the Chiefs have learned from the Eagles and the Steelers how to contain LT and make Brees step up to win the game?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Early thoughts, the Bolts are going to be pissed off and are going to kick the shit out the Chiefs this coming Sunday.

As has been already stated, no way in hell KC will shut down LT like Philly did.

The Bolts secondary is much improved over the last 2 weeks, they have been playing like an entirely different group.

The D-Line and LB are finally getting a pass rush together after nothing for several years.

On the O-side, Caldwell is starting to look like he did before he got injured last year. That adds another target for Brees to work with.

42-17 Bolts,

Sig bets, bring 'em on Chumpzillas.

No av bets though, my witching skills are pathetic.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:I wonder if the Chiefs have learned from the Eagles and the Steelers how to contain LT and make Brees step up to win the game?
Knowing how to do something is different than actually being able to do it. I suppose the first ingredient is having one of the best safeties in the league.
Don't forget about a pro bowl middle linebacker.
The Chargers are easily good enough to win if LT is contained. Gates and McCardell are scoring plenty of TDs. What they aren't good enough to do is overcome their own stupid mistakes. The Eagles didn't win because they shut down LT. They won because of a special teams fuck up.
Has Caldwell's late fumble also escaped your memory? Had he held onto the ball the Chargers were easily within field goal range and had time for at least 1-2 shots in the end zone. Result.. at least a tie game.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Don't forget about a pro bowl middle linebacker.
Not to mention the fact that our starting center did not play. The interior line was a mess.
and the Eagles soaked the field.. LT was slipping all over the place.

:lol:
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Being as how it isn't exaactly one of those games the Chargers can't afford to lose, Schottenheimer probably won't find a way to lose it.

For the Chefs, it's pretty much a must-win game- which at the very minimum quadruples their chances of losing.

Take the Chargers & give as many points as necessary.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote:Being as how it isn't exaactly one of those games the Chargers can't afford to lose, Schottenheimer probably won't find a way to lose it.

For the Chefs, it's pretty much a must-win game- which at the very minimum quadruples their chances of losing.
Most ignorant, illogical post I've ever seen you make regarding the NFL, Coods. Just how in the fuck do you arrive at the conclusion that this is a more important game for KC than SD?

I'd say that you have your premise bass-ackwards. That, or you're bi-polar. Hell, prolly both.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:DELETE
RACK
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
trev wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:DELETE TREV AND HER DEAD FISH-SMELLING PUSSY
RACK
RACK X2.
What a smackless gimp of a loser you are, KC MayIdear.

Much like your manhood after your wife slaps your mouth, jacks your weekly paycheck to buy new shoes and pays the lawnboy shes fucking, your smack ability is fucking nonexistant.

RACK Trev for making KC Apronstrings Melt that hard.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

War Wagon wrote:
Cuda wrote:Being as how it isn't exaactly one of those games the Chargers can't afford to lose, Schottenheimer probably won't find a way to lose it.

Most ignorant, illogical post I've ever seen you make regarding the NFL, Coods. Just how in the fuck do you arrive at the conclusion that this is a more important game for KC than SD?

I'd say that you have your premise bass-ackwards. That, or you're bi-polar. Hell, prolly both.
I also happen to be right.

It's a must win game for the Chefs because they're a game out of first place. When they lose to the Chargers, they'll be doomed to ending up no better than 3rd in the division because regardless whether it's Denver or San Diego in 2nd, the Chefs come up short on tie-breakers.

It's not a must win game for the Chargers because even if they lose, they're only a game behind the Chefs- which means they'll pull ahead by the end of the season.

No pressure on Schottenheimer means he'll be unlikely to lose his mind on the sidelines. Must-win pressure on the Chefs means they're likely to bend-over like Guy_Fawkes at a Rock Hudson Film Festival
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cuda wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

I also happen to be right.

It's a must win game for the Chefs because they're a game out of first place. When they lose to the Chargers, they'll be doomed to ending up no better than 3rd in the division because regardless whether it's Denver or San Diego in 2nd, the Chefs come up short on tie-breakers.

It's not a must win game for the Chargers because even if they lose, they're only a game behind the Chefs- which means they'll pull ahead by the end of the season.

No pressure on Schottenheimer means he'll be unlikely to lose his mind on the sidelines. Must-win pressure on the Chefs means they're likely to bend-over like Guy_Fawkes at a Rock Hudson Film Festival
RACK
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

BIG Racks to RJ. And damn, Cuda too. He's on a roll today.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

You should probably quit while you're behind, Paul.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Cuda wrote:I also happen to be right.

Entertaining take, Scud-a. Inanely wrong... But still highly entertaining. Why? Well, because you apparently can't add or subtract.

And because this Sunday is an elimination game for the Blots. Let's assume Elwayville actually finishes a game for a change this Sunday and defeats the Iggles - no easy task that, as demonstrated against the Giants. Still, the Mules are at home, so I'm good with a "W".

Now, we here in these parts are very much aware of Marty's woody for Division games, but for argument's sake, let's say the Chiefs pull a serious rabbit out of their helmet and escape the Murphcomm with a win.

The Division would look this way come next Sunday night:

Mules: 6-2
Chiefs: 5-2
Blots: 3-5
Duhs: Who gives a rat's ass?

Ever see a horse count, Cuds? Just tap your hoof three times and that will tell you how many games the Blots will trail the Chiefs in the ol' loss column. I know, I know... Word problems blow. You can thank me later.

And since you're on such a roll here, let's talk a bit about tie-breakers: Dungver currently has one Conference loss, the Chiefs one Conference and one Division loss; and the Blots three Conference losses and one Division.

Home teams are supposed to win home games. Even if the Blots do win, the Chiefs would still only have two Conference losses - as well as two in the Division. But SD, like Elwayville, must still come to Arrowhead in December. The only thing "doomed" is your li'l tie-breaker theory.

Half-way through the season, and the Division race is far from over. The Hee Haws play five of the next eight on the road, and the Blots don't see another team with a winning record until after Turkeyday. But a SD loss sure will leave them hoping that the leaders stumble.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

To further enlighten the DF. The Mules lose to the iggles and the Bolts rip the Chefs a new asshole. Sunday night looks this way:

Mules: 5-3
Chiefs: 4-3
Blots: 4-4
Duhs: RJ and Poptart are swinging from the shower rod.

Compared to the least favorable outcome posted in Truman's post it is pretty plain to see that although this is not a "must-win" for the Bolts, it is a need to win or we are going to start getting puckered sphincters.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

YOOO, mods. Where is the guy that comes in and cleans all the shit out this thread? You were doing a great job earlier in the week, feel free to continue cleaning up this crap.

Adad, you seem to be the only Bolt fan willing to say anything besides Trev, and she is to busy humping RJ's leg to give a real take. (Barb, ya got the finest fucking legs in the world, but get a room w/ RJ already, give a take on the game, or just do what hot chicks with fine ass sticks do in SD, when the men are talking about the game.)

Adad, back to you. You being the only one yapping your gums, seem to think SD is going to drop an ass kicking on the Chiefs. Whatya thinking brah? Whatya see that I do not? Typing just to read your own words?

I see Mike and Joe have remained silent to this point on the game. That has to be a better play than calling for an ass kicking in games that are normally won in the last 5 minutes.

Gripping just a bit, that your team, a pretty damn good team at that, faces a real possibility of being in last place, washed up and done for the season, come Sunday night? Yea, I thought so. :D
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

this thread seems to be back on TRACK...without any interference...so, the pruning shears will remain out in the Shed...for Now.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

kcdave wrote:You .....seem to think SD is going to drop an ass kicking on the Chiefs.
Me too.....

Chefs get smoked

Bolts-42
Chefs-2
get out, get out while there's still time
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Dave,
I may give my take on this game later in the week. It's only Tuesday and I was jus' havin' some fun. RJ just called it succinctly on the Paul melt job. I save my suckling for when it's well deserved. Not like premature Paul and his nut-sucking on a regular basis in here. What RJ and I have is very misinterpretted, but that's alright. At least we don't have people writing our "material" :wink:

Right now my thoughts are that San Diego will win by at least 2 touchdowns. Maybe I'll post more later on. I'm not into the predicting and all, am I still welcome to join the men here???

jidar
Crack Whore

Post by jidar »

Most signs point to a Chiefs loss so I can't predict a win, but I wont predict a loss against my team either so you get no score from me.
Chiefs have the advantage of the long week, but that's all the advantages they have against a very tough opponent that I think matches up well against them.
Let's see what happens.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Dave

1) Chargers stand to take a big hit in the division if they lose. They will be coming in pissed off, and as stated before, Marty typically has a big woodie for division games.

2) KC does not have the LB's and Safeties to consistently put 8-9 in the box to shut down LT, and not get burned in the passing game.

3) Chargers D has been playing very well and I beleive they will slow down the Chiefs offense. Green will be harrassed all day long.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Hey Dan want to put a sig or av bet on? C Mike is already booked up.

------------------------

As stated in another thread, Marty is cursed.

I called a Special teams fuck up, little did I know it would happen vs. the Eagles that afternoon.

The Chiefs D does have the LBs to contain LT.
Cheifs have done pretty well vs. the Run all season, no reason to think they'd open the flood gates now.

The passing game is a different story.
Since we're not playing Gus the Farrot this week It's Brees to Gates I'm more worried about.

On offense, expect to see Tony G and Kennison continue to continue the fine tradition of torching the Chargers secondary. Green looked real good last week against a tougher pass defense so I expect KC to go 4 wide quite a bit for him to air it out. This should open some lanes for Holmes to exploit.

So in summary:

Rushing Game - Even
Passing Game - Advantage Chiefs
Rush Defense - Even
Pass Defense - Advantage Chiefs
Kickers - Advantage Chiefs
Special Teams - Even (I like Sproles)
Coaching - Even (Though Marty plays Martyball which cost him again in Philly)

San Diego has home field, which is worth something, But I see it:

Chiefs 34
Chargers 33
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Truman wrote:And since you're on such a roll here, let's talk a bit about tie-breakers: Dungver currently has one Conference loss, the Chiefs one Conference and one Division loss; and the Blots three Conference losses and one Division.
Reading comprehension, motherfucker- do you speak it?

I never said the Chargers would have tie-breaker advantage over the Chefs THIS WEEK. I said they'd have it at the end of the year, when it fucking matters.

Half-way through the season, and the Division race is far from over.
Never said it was. Dr. DeTard much?

The Hee Haws play five of the next eight on the road, and the Blots don't see another team with a winning record until after Turkeyday.
None of which hurts San Diego a bit- or helps the Chefs in the slightest
But a SD loss sure will leave them hoping that the leaders stumble.
While they're at it, maybe they'll hope that the sun keeps rising in the east. Not even the most ardent True-Believer thinks the Broncos & Chargers will finish the season with no more losses, and if you're counting on the Chefs not to take a huge dump over the next 8 weeks, you're probably counting on the sun to start rising in the west too- and why not? One is just as likely as the other to happen.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Blots - 27
Chefs - 21
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Sure thing Scotty, Sig only, my witching skills are not up to par so I don't want to hang some hack job on ya.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

KC 37
SD 35

KC's defense has an average performance, but their special teams won't stop Darren Sproles (#2 kick returner in the NFL) worth a shit.

It's up to the offense to win it, which they will.
Last edited by JHawkBCD on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nope. Not dead.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

I think the Chiefs can win this game but I don't think they will.

Chargers 28
Chiefs 24

I hope i'm wrong.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote: Reading comprehension, motherfucker- do you speak it?

I never said the Chargers would have tie-breaker advantage over the Chefs THIS WEEK. I said they'd have it at the end of the year, when it fucking matters.
And what do you base this on? The result of this weeks game? Actually, dumbfuck, if the blots do win this game, then they will have the tiebreaker "THIS WEEK".

No matter. What YOU DID say (and what you're getting your chops busted for) is that this game is a must win for KC but not for SD. You've made no case whatsoever for this illogical statement because there is none and you can't.

The next time you can convince anyone (other than trev) that a team that is 4-2 playing a division rival on the road who is 3-4 is a must win game for the visitor (with the re-match still to come) will be the first.

As for reading comprehension...If I were you, I'd be more concerned with reality comprehension, because that wack take is sheer lunacy.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

War Wagon wrote: The next time you can convince anyone (other than trev) that a team that is 4-2 playing a division rival on the road who is 3-4 is a must win game for the visitor (with the re-match still to come) will be the first.
So you're saying it's NOT a must win game for Kansas City?

The legacy of support for mediocrity that is Whitey Wagon churns on.
Nope. Not dead.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ok, now that i'm done dispensing with the current thread idiot, I'll actually give my take on the game itself.

Bolts are a very good team, but seem to have a real penchant for shooting themselves in the foot late in games. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that they are the best team in the league...for 3 quarters.

Unfortunately for the Chargeless, an NFL game lasts 60 minutes, and Chokenheimer once again finds a way to sabotage his team at crunch time.

KC, on the other hand, appears to have their shit coming together at just the right time.

KC 38
Blots 31
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JHawkBCD wrote: So you're saying it's NOT a must win game for Kansas City?
Gee Jdork, how the fuck did you figure THAT out? Of course it's NOT a must win game at this point in the season. It'd be great win towards winning the division, but it's definitely not a "must win".
The legacy of support for mediocrity that is Whitey Wagon churns on.
Speaking of mediocrity, or worse...don't you have a shit squad of Jaybitches to be worried about come Saturday?
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

War Wagon wrote:Of course it's NOT a must win game at this point in the season. It'd be great win towards winning the division, but it's definitely not a "must win".
Every game must be approached as a "must win" game when you make millions of dollars to play the game, you fucking mediocre douche.
Speaking of mediocrity, or worse...don't you have a shit squad of Jaybitches to be worried about come Saturday?
Those same Jaybitches that have laid waste to your less-than-mediocre squad of Pussies two years straight?
Nope. Not dead.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JHawkBCD wrote:
Every game must be approached as a "must win" game when you make millions of dollars to play the game, you fucking mediocre douche.
Oh, I see. It's only because they make lot's of money that it's a "must win"? Doesn't really matter as far as the big picture of making the playoffs go. It's only about the money. :meds:

Do you even believe the stupid shit you sometimes type?
Those same Jaybitches that have laid waste to your less-than-mediocre squad of Pussies two years straight?
Them be the ones. We owe 'em bigtime, and payback is gonna' be a mofo. In more ways than one.

sig bet?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Trev, you can post here anytime ya like, you know that. Just be respectful, and remember to LIFT the toilet seat when you are done in the restroom.

Adad, you are not giving the Chiefs any respect for this season, or past seasons. Standing show the Bolts at 3-4. Chiefs at 4-2. Chiefs must be doing something right. Also, these games are ALWAYS close, so why you think this game will be any different, is beyond me. 6 point game max. More than likely whomever wins, will do it by 3, or less.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

War Wagon wrote:Do you even believe the stupid shit you sometimes type?
I just can't believe the stupid shit you type, Average Wagon.
sig bet?
Already on the hook for a sig bet with CM on the KC/SD game, so the sig would have to be queued up in a worst case scenario... but you're on.
Nope. Not dead.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JHawkBCD wrote:...but you're on.
Done.

Rack Paul, btw. :lol: