Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Re: TAM to the SEC?

Post by Mr T »

Carson wrote:
Mr T wrote:SEC gets to renegotiate with ESPN/ABC if they expand
That is the ONLY reason this is being discussed right now.
Well then I get it.

I dont see Miami, FSU, GaTech, Louisville, Clemson or any NC school getting an offer.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

American Statesman reporting that DeLoss Dodds expects Aggies to leave Big 12 for SEC. Rumps ya'll might get called up to the big leagues.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: 2. Kick Vandy to the curb (Miami would replace Vandy as the conference's private school).
so many people talk about kicking Vandy to the curb and you're the first I've seen who recognizes their importance in avoiding sunshine laws
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Cornhusker wrote: where will Missouri begin to put out feelers?
begin to put out feelers? Mizzou was the original "GET ME OUT OF THIS CONFERENCE". They were in the front of the room raising their hand and screaming for attention when the old men of the Big Ten opted for Nebraska football instead.

people in Columbia prefer the Big Ten because the academics are closer to Mizzou than the SEC. i worry that Mizzou will lose a lot of recruiting inroads they've made in Texas, but I'll gladly trade that for a conference that beebee ain't involved in.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: 2. Kick Vandy to the curb (Miami would replace Vandy as the conference's private school).
so many people talk about kicking Vandy to the curb and you're the first I've seen who recognizes their importance in avoiding sunshine laws
It's a popular take on the homer boards. It irks me as well.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

see also Baylor, Northwestern...
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: where will Missouri begin to put out feelers?
begin to put out feelers? Mizzou was the original "GET ME OUT OF THIS CONFERENCE". They were in the front of the room raising their hand and screaming for attention when the old men of the Big Ten opted for Nebraska football instead.
I know that is / has been in the front of their wish list, but B1G homies might clarify this, my understanding is the next team is Notre Dame or bust.
Without ND coming into conference, they will not add anyone before hand.

Thus Missouri must become pro-active, and if ND isn't coming anytime soon, assuming that is B1G policy, where will Missouri look?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Jsc810 wrote:
Mr T wrote:Are you already working on your SEC chant?
You should be as well.
Not so fast my friend...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... -alignment
http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1251245

Just rumors at the moment
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Mr T wrote:I dont see Miami, FSU, GaTech, Louisville, Clemson or any NC school getting an offer.
Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree, why not? They expand their footprint up the eastern seaboard and pick up a great school in the process (assuming UNC) with a decent football history and a rabid fan base.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Killian wrote:
Mr T wrote:I dont see Miami, FSU, GaTech, Louisville, Clemson or any NC school getting an offer.
Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree, why not? They expand their footprint up the eastern seaboard and pick up a great school in the process (assuming UNC) with a decent football history and a rabid fan base.
It is like Texas leaving the Big XII. NC schools hold all the cards in the ACC.

Also, I think UNC would have to drop some sports if they joined the SEC.

SEC offers 9 mens and 10 womens
UNC has 12 mens and 14 womens
ACC offers 13 mens and 12 womens
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mr T wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I can't wait for this. Aside from my kids being born and work promotions, A&M to the SEC will bring me happiness more than anything else has in the last 5 years. Not that I'm an SEC honk or anything. Just the fact I can go to more A&M games easily (Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky, Florida) All driveable and easy to get to.
Are you already working on your SEC chant?
You are kidding me, right? I never waved a big xii flag and I damn sure won't wave an sec flag. Soon as the announcemEnt is made, I am getting rid of this avatar. I want the sec so A&M has more games closer to where I live so i can go watch them. Period. I had a 14" boner last year when there was rumors of us going to the big 10. I'd much rather that than the sec.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Mr T wrote:
Killian wrote:
It is like Texas leaving the Big XII. NC schools hold all the cards in the ACC.

Isn't that exactly why the SEC would offer? UNC holds all those cards, but it's still the ACC. The only conference they have a better TV deal than is the Big East. As far as the other sports, I'm sure UNC wouldn't have a problem dropping some of those sports to club level to get into a more lucrative conference.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
people in Columbia prefer the Big Ten because the academics are closer to Mizzou than the SEC. i worry that Mizzou will lose a lot of recruiting inroads they've made in Texas, but I'll gladly trade that for a conference that beebee ain't involved in.
IN. Joining aTm in the SEC protects those Texas inroads, and opens up the rest of the South to kids deemed not good enough to play on Saturdays in Baton Rouge, Gainsville, and Tuscaloosa.

The Border War would make for a perfect, non-con cream puff built into the schedule each year. And developing a brand-new rivalry with the Sooies could prove intriguing.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:
Mr T wrote:It is like Texas leaving the Big XII. NC schools hold all the cards in the ACC.

Isn't that exactly why the SEC would offer? UNC holds all those cards, but it's still the ACC. The only conference they have a better TV deal than is the Big East. As far as the other sports, I'm sure UNC wouldn't have a problem dropping some of those sports to club level to get into a more lucrative conference.
Two of the more prominent olympic sports programs at UNC are mens' soccer and mens' lacrosse. Although the SEC sponsors neither sport, I'd see no reason to drop either one:

Mens' soccer: UNC could join C-USA for this sport, Kentucky and South Carolina (the only SEC schools that play this sport) are already members. In mens' soccer, this is a Top 5 conference, the others being the ACC, Big East, Big Ten and Pac-12.

Mens' lacrosse: Given that the ACC only has four members that participate in this sport at the varsity level, those schools all operate as quasi-independents anyway. Very little would change if North Carolina became an independent in this sport. Certainly they could continue annual series against Duke and Virginia, even if it meant giving them an annual game in a revenue sport in return.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

KC Scott wrote:
txangler74 wrote:American Statesman reporting that DeLoss Dodds expects Aggies to leave Big 12 for SEC. Rumps ya'll might get called up to the big leagues.

Yea, that's what one of the KC Star Blogs said - the Big 12 would try and grab some market share in Houston

As for AtM - they go from one league, where in a down year for UT or OU they may have a chance, to a league where they'll be playing in the Music City Bowl every December.

At least Nashville is a short drive from Indy
I hope the aggys go. I am so tired of hearing about how bad the Big XII is. If it wasn't for Texas and OU, A&M would be in the MWC. These 2 teams have carried the Big XII. They are the teams that got the $$$$$ for the conference. They are the teams that have national exposure because they actually win games and compete for National Championships.

A&M is in for such a shock that their regents will be begging to leave the SEC after a few years. Everytime the aggys play an average SEC team, they get killed. Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl in 2005......ass raping.....38-7. Georgia in your annual weedeater bowl in Shreveport......ass raping 44-20......You best team in 10 years goes to the Cotton Bowl and plays an average LSU team and you get what????? ASS RAPED again. 41-24.

If it wasn't aggy and their inferiority complex, I wouldn't care, but this is strictly about penis envy. Their regents think that they are the most important piece in the Big XII and they really think that the conference is going to fail if they leave. Guess again. The BIG XII will pick up 3 schools and it will be business as usual. Texas and OU will be playing for championships and eaTme will be getting their asses kicked by Vanderbilt. But at least they will be out of the shadow of their daddy, Texas.

I would never play those fuckers again. If Texas is so bad, then go out and stop sucking on the teet of the people that feed you and made you. The only way you have national exposure is by the 77-0 beating OU put on you and the annual T+1 games on ABC and ESPN where the whole country saw you lose. Just because you some success in the 1980's when everyone was cheating doesn't mean that the whole country could give a squirt of piss about aggy. You think that some kid in Florida wants to go to College Station for college???? You think some kid from Alabama wants to come to College Station??? Me either. Try winning a BCS bowl game before you start running your cockholster about how great you are. At least Shreveport is close so you should travel well to your bowl game.

I live in Houston and believe me there are equal representations from both schools. If the Big XII added UofH, then all you do is strengthen the Coogs. Rumps will love that. They need a new stadium, but they will do well. But there is no way that kids are going to start thinking about the SEC because aggy is a member of the conference. Alabama, Florida and LSU have recruited Houston and East Texas well for the last few years and that won't change. Texas and OU will continue to pick the kids they want in Texas and the rest are left for whoever wants them.

If the LHN is the issue, then go get your own deal. I was trying to figure out programming on the A&M network when there is no football to talk about.....

10:00AM Fish Camp Stories
11:00AM How to "Hump" it on gameday
12:00PM Cooking with the head chef of the Dixie chicken
1:00 PM Why you don't walk on the grass
2:00 PM How to draw a sword in a crowd
3:00 PM White towel waving is about wrist movement
4:00 PM Boot shining
5:00 PM Kissing your skank at the game
6:00 PM Game day with Coach Sherm
7:00 PM Best of the 80's...the glory years

If Texas has an unfair recruiting advantage with the LHN, then they need to stop hosting the state 7-on-7 in College Station. It gives the aggys a free on campus visit and the ability to coerce potential recruits.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

It's all so confusing.....

Funny that these hypocrites are so willing to jump into new conferences, risk traditional rivalries, etc. etc.....yet scream all about "tradition!" as they argue against playoff system.

:meds:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

txangler74 wrote:American Statesman reporting that DeLoss Dodds expects Aggies to leave Big 12 for SEC. Rumps ya'll might get called up to the big leagues.
Don't know how that helps the Big XII. Our stadium is tiny (33,000), Hoffeinz Pavillion is a dinosaur and Texas already has the Houston market cornered. The Big XII has nothing to gain out of Houston joining. That would be a lateral move unless Houston agreed to host OU and Texas games at Reliant.

Texas wants this to happen (independence) IMO. More money for them in the long run.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

PSSST!

TAM isn't south of the 101!

the truth
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.