Longwhorens?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Re: Longwhorens?

Post by Danimal »

Mvscal, I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Of course tradition matters but IMO tradition is OU and ATM. UCLA? Not so much. UCLA is a noncon the horns happened to play shitty against thirteen years ago. Middle-aged fans like me see the payback aspect but kids are different. I do think maybe Mack could've used the payback angle some to get the kids more up and focused for this one, but I couldn't see them breathing fire and screaming for vengeance.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

King Crimson wrote:...if 2 lost MNC's dissipate, 66-3 surely does as well. JMO.
But it didn't really dissipate until you finally kicked the shit out them, did it? That's the point I'm trying to make here.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

mvscal wrote:
King Crimson wrote:...if 2 lost MNC's dissipate, 66-3 surely does as well. JMO.
But it didn't really dissipate until you finally kicked the shit out them, did it? That's the point I'm trying to make here.
i get your point. my point is that the game didn't matter in any significant way in terms of the past. it's NOT the case that the "ghosts" of Miami were exorcised after the W (your point). Quite the opposite, I'm saying once the game started, it didn't matter at all except in the flimsiest of symbolic ways, perhaps.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

All such payback wins are essentially symbolic. I really wouldn't consider that flimsy. Anything that can ratchet up the interest and intensity of an otherwise meaningless game is a big value add to the experience, IMO.

Personally, the tightrope walk to 12-0 and a MNC doesn't do much for me.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

If 66-3 is forgotten, isn't losing by 3 touchdowns, in your house, while ranked in top 10, to an unranked opponent, enough to rekindle memories and at least stir up echoes?????

Personally, I wish all our games were vs. Texas teams....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

These kids could give a shit about a game that happened 15+ years ago. Fuck kids these days think the Clinton Presidency is ancient history. They don't give a shit unless it's a big time rivalry......

I can just see the locker room now.....Listen up Gentlemen....there was a time when this dude Carter was president....well those fuckers across the hall kicked our ass that year.....so we need payback........It matters nothing to the kids of today. Fans and coaches, maybe but we ALL take this shit way too seriously.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Laxplayer wrote:These kids could give a shit about a game that happened 15+ years ago.
You're flat out wrong. It's a point of pride to get some payback for a legendary ass whipping.

What, exactly, do you base that opinion on anyway?
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Bwahahahhahahahaha! A fucking big BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yea, you don't want this week in and week out you redneck fucks!
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

mvscal wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:These kids could give a shit about a game that happened 15+ years ago.
You're flat out wrong. It's a point of pride to get some payback for a legendary ass whipping.

What, exactly, do you base that opinion on anyway?
What do you base your opinion on? I know that on the way home from Florida State in 2002, Willingham showed the entire team the film from the 1993 ND/BC game. At the time, ND was 8-0 and ranked 4th, I believe and at the time of the 1993 game, ND was #1.

ND's response? They fumbled the ball 7 times and lost to BC 14-7. Players were asked after the game if the film helped or hurt them and they all basically said neither. They were more concerned with the 2002 version of BC, not what happened in 1993. One of the back up RB's even went as far as to say he had no idea Bryant Young and Jeff Burris played for ND.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

mvscal wrote:What, exactly, do you base that opinion on anyway?
What's a marketing report?

/s/
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield