Round One

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: Round One

Post by .m2 »

mvscal wrote:
.m2 wrote:Double and triple teamed all year long and the NFL still makes him the number 10 pick makes you yet again....
He would have been there in the second round. The Fags choked hard.
This is pretty much why you and mom love the basement in La Habrea....
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

NE trading out of the 22nd pick and passing on need positions like WR (Dez Bryant) and DE (Jared Odrick) only to take some CB that no one had on their 1st Rd board is baffling to me.

:waz:

Moss is leaving after this year, Welker is hurt, and you pass on Bryant. WTF? Also, you have a shitload of CB and there's little chance this dude will start over Bodden (who you re-signed in the offseason) or Butler (who was your best corner last year.) So basically, you draft a nickel back who's a great special teams player in the 1st Rd. Seriously. I don't fucking get it. This team has a shitload of needs and you're trading down and bolstering your special teams. I am out. Fuck this shit. I don't get it.

:brad:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

godzilla2002 wrote:29 Jets Wilson, Kyle CB 5'10" 194 Boise State
30 Lions (From Vikings) Best, Jahvid RB 5'10" 199 California

I'm happy the Lions were able to get one of the better backs available...albeit, they gave up 28 spots in the fourth to move up a few picks. Seeing Wilson go just ahead of that spot kind of makes me wish they tried to trade up to get that spot to take Wilson instead.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Felix wrote:
godzilla2002 wrote: For the 25th pick in 2010 NFL draft the Broncos select QB Tim Tebow
outfuckingstanding

I wonder what other totally nonsensical picks they've got up their sleeves
Get rid of Marshall, Cutler and Scheffler

Draft Thomas, Tebow and ???

Looks like the trend is to get rid of your players then draft new ones to replace them. A Tight End is in the Broncos future.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:And everyone conveniently ignores the Dez Bryant move :lol:

Romo already has Miles and Roy and Witten....and now you throw in BRYANT? :shock:

Talk about an offense that's going to be even more explosive. Dez is going to have 12 TDs easy with all that help around him. This is Jerry's way of making up for not drafting Randy Moss.
Not to mention he's a lazy prima donna with character issues, so he should fit right in.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Not to mention he's a lazy prima donna with character issues.
Link? He lied about meeting with Deion/his handlers and is habitually tardy. Yeah, this guy is a total fucktard. Didn't Harvin slip last year for having... "character issues"? How'd that work out? Convincing some dude to be on time is a lot easier than convincing him not to do drugs, rape chicks, and beat his wife. The last time I checked, tardiness doesn't really equate to these other real character flaws.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Gil Brandt's thoughts on players still available:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000 ... nfirm=true
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Link? He lied about meeting with Deion/his handlers and is habitually tardy. Yeah, this guy is a total fucktard. Didn't Harvin slip last year for having... "character issues"? How'd that work out? Convincing some dude to be on time is a lot easier than convincing him not to do drugs, rape chicks, and beat his wife. The last time I checked, tardiness doesn't really equate to these other real character flaws.
Can't a guy troll a troll around here?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:And everyone conveniently ignores the Dez Bryant move :lol:

Romo already has Miles and Roy and Witten....and now you throw in BRYANT? :shock:
Are you going to call him and remind him to bring his shoes to the press conference?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Nixhex wrote:

Get rid of Marshall, Cutler and Scheffler

Draft Thomas, Tebow and ???

Looks like the trend is to get rid of your players then draft new ones to replace them. A Tight End is in the Broncos future.
Orton proved to be a serviceable (albeit unexciting) quarterback...the Tebow pick sends him a pretty clear message....if Denver didn't have so many other pressing needs, I might not have as big a problem with that pick
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:Orton proved to be a serviceable (albeit unexciting) quarterback...the Tebow pick sends him a pretty clear message....if Denver didn't have so many other pressing needs, I might not have as big a problem with that pick
Sucks to be Brady Quinn. He hasn't even had time to get unpacked.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Here's my problem with the Tebow pick. Denver has already come out and said that Orton is the QB. They traded some draft picks to get Brady Quinn, a guy with some experience that still has some (probably little) upside to him. Then they trade down, then back up to take a guy who is considered a project for at best their back up QB spot, but more likely will spend the year as the 3rd QB. This is a team that just missed out on the play offs and has some pressing needs that they could have addressed in what many people are calling the deepest draft in years.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:Is LB your most pressing need? Second most pressing? Third even?
Good job....

Not a good job, a great job.

Is MLB a pressing need. You bet your ass. Sure Kirk Morrison is one of the leading tacklers in the league. But most of his tackles occur 5+ yards down field because he can't read/shed blocks and consistently bites on the first move.

OT and DT are definite needs, but from what was/is available, waiting for the second and third rounds was the right choice.

In McLain, the Raiders got the Butkus Award winner, a stud in the middle for the next ten years, and more importantly the guy is a fucking great leader, something this team is in dire need of.

great pick.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sirfindafold wrote:Sure Kirk Morrison is one of the leading tacklers in the league. But most of his tackles occur 5+ yards down field because he can't read/shed blocks and consistently bites on the first move.
Either that your defensive line sucks shit through a straw. McClain will have the same problems Morrison has.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

When the Chargers drafted Matthews at 12 the Texans had nowhere to go but CB. I think Jackson is a smart and safe pick. The kid can play right away but probably lacks the upside of Kyle Wilson or the McCourty kid out of Rutgers. If the Texans wanted Jackson over the other two guys, then they could have traded down IMO. Maybe they did try and there were no suitors; I don’t know.
Tebow to the Broncos was a fucking joke.
Cowboys trading up for Bryant was nice.
If I’m the Texans though, I do everything I can to trade up for Taylor Mays. The safety positions on the team are still weak. They can still get a decent RB in the 3rd. Getting two NFL ready DBs in the first two rounds could be enough to push this team into the playoffs.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Killian wrote:Here's my problem with the Tebow pick. Denver has already come out and said that Orton is the QB. They traded some draft picks to get Brady Quinn, a guy with some experience that still has some (probably little) upside to him. Then they trade down, then back up to take a guy who is considered a project for at best their back up QB spot, but more likely will spend the year as the 3rd QB. This is a team that just missed out on the play offs and has some pressing needs that they could have addressed in what many people are calling the deepest draft in years.

Dude, I forget they picked up Quinn...that trade is even worse now.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Taylor Mayes is fucking garbage. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Brady Quinn = Rick Mirer

Tebow might pan out better in a couple of years, & agree Denver should have used that pick for this season.

No complaints though. :wink:
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

As much as I wanted the Eagles to draft a safety, they needed to find a player that will bring pressure from the line and Brandon Graham should do just that. They have a high value pick in the 2nd round which could potentially net them back a 3rd rounder should McCoy or Clausen be there and Buffalo wanting to vault Cleveland for the pick.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Joe in PB wrote:Brady Quinn = Rick Mirer
Outside of both being from Notre Dame, how so?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Joe in PB wrote:I preferred Mathews to Spiller since we have Sproles who brings a lot of the same things to the table. Spiller is 15 lbs or so lighter than Mathews, who is more of an every down RB.

..."He has struggled to stay healthy as he has missed time in each season at Fresno State."

... :shock:
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian wrote:Taylor Mayes is fucking garbage. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Yet he still managed to be a multi-time All American, and better over his entire career than any ND player during those same four years. He'll also be no worse than a 2nd round pick, and he may yet have a fine NFL career.

He had a bad senior year, though, by his standards. Following the injury he suffered in Week 2 at Ohio St, he played on a bum knee for much of the year, and his reads were often wrong. He was a Top Five pick following his junior year, so coming back for his senior year just cost him a TON of money.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Killian

Post by Killian »

Did he win the Thorpe? Oh. Because Golden Tate won the Belitnikof.

He was an overrated safety the last two year who takes shitty angles and doesn't play the pass very well. He was bigger and faster than everyone he played against in college. Not so much the NFL. There's a reason they're talking about moving him to LB.

He may very well have been a top 5 pick, but it's interesting to see how those "top 5 picks" fall once they come out and their game starts to get picked apart.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:He was a Top Five pick following his junior year, so coming back for his senior year just cost him a TON of money.

Maybe he can file a civil suit against Jim Tressel, tOSU, and Woody Hayes' ghost for injuring his knee. After all, it's not his fault he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had every right to be there.

P.S. BITCHES: Take your faggoty CF rivalry to its appropriate forum. Fuck you and your pom poms.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:A good QB coach would be wetting his pants to get Tebow.
Why? Because he's a "grinder" and has a bunch of physical tools? So does Brady Quinn. If anything, I would think a QB coach would not be looking forward to teaching him because he has to go back and teach Tebow basic fundamentials of QB play.

Plus, just because the guy changed his throwing motion for his pro day doesn't mean he has proven he can change it in game situations.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Joe in PB wrote:Brady Quinn < Rick Mirer
FTFY
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Killian

Post by Killian »

Through three years, you're absolutely correct.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

BSmack wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:Brady Quinn < Rick Mirer
FTFY
Certainly that could be true. My impression of Quinn is, his pop gun arm isn't good enough to make all the throws an NFL QB needs to make. Defenses don't repect the deep ball and play up on the WRs making his job harder. Mirer looked like a scare crow playing in Seattle, and often felt pressure even when there wasn't any. I see the same things with Quinn, that's probably because he can't make defenses play honest. It certainly didn't take Holmgren long to give him the boot, ah trade him. If McDaniels thought he had something with Quinn, the Tebow pick never happens.

Pass.......
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Mirer wasn't the brightest bulb around and after Flores was fired and Erickson took over, he never was the same.

Quinn's main problem is that he's not very accurate, especially when he has a lot of pressure.

If McDaniels wanted a QB to come in and start right away, he should have taken Clausen. Clausen ran that exact offense to near perfection in college, and is one of the most accruate QB's I've seen in the past 10 years.

If Clausen goes to a team that is rebuilding, he will bust. If he goes to a team that is already a winner and has an offensive line, he will be a very good NFL QB.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

With insincere apologies to ucant...

Killian, Mays was a three-time All-American. That means he played well, and the fact that he'll be no worse than a 2nd round pick (same as your hallowed Jimmy Clausen) means the pros also think he can play.

ND had no three-time All Americans during the time Mays played in college. I don't even know that ND had three All Americans combined during that same time period.

By himself he was better than your entire program.

:lol:

:hfal:

Killian

Post by Killian »

Hallowed Jimmy Clausen? Not me. He was a good QB, but not a world beater. I outlined above what I thought of him.

The "NFL" just took Tim Tebow in the first round, and miss quite often on picks. Mayes may end up being a good pro. I don't think he'll be that great, but he'll hang around for a few years. Not worth spending a second round pick on.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And yet the people who do it for a living disagree with you, Killian. Imagine that.

His size, speed and hitting ability don't grow on trees, not even NFL trees. Depending on whose times you believe, he's as fast as Chris Johnson - a 4.24 40...the fastest ever timed by NFL scouts - and he's 230 lbs with almost zero % body fat. He was definitely the fastest player on a talent-rich USC team.

His lack of INTs at USC means nothing. In Pete's system there the safety is never a ballhawk. He's a center fielder and run stopper. Not too many teams tried to throw deep against USC during most of his time there, so opportunites for INTs were rare.

His issues in his senior year centered around the bad angles he took and the bad reads he made, along with playing on an injured knee. If he can shore up his reads, he's the epitome of an NFL safety.

Killian

Post by Killian »

You mean the 4.24 that was quickly changed to a 4.4+? He's no where near as fast as Chris Johnson. And his body fat % doesn't mean shit. If NFL scouts were drooling over him, he'd be gone by now.

"If" he does this and "if" he does that...If my uncle had an axe wound, he'd be JON. "If" he was the safety you think he is, they wouldn't be talking about moving him to LB.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

KC Scott wrote:Damn, Bruce campbell has fallen like a rock.

BTW The Chiefs 2nd rd. pick looks like a waste - WTF?

Needs: OT / LB / WR - the pick?

A 5'7" KR / RB -fucking genius

Wags will love the pick for some reason
I get it- the Chiefs need a good return guy so Jamaal Charles won't have to.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian, show me where I said scouts were drooling over him in this draft. I said the pros think he can play, which was proven by him being taken in the 2nd round, one spot behind TD Calvin, aka the most accurate passer Killian's seen in the last ten years.

Does he have work to do? Yes, he does. Nearly all rookies do. Was he timed at 4.24, and on more than one occasion, in different locations? Yes, he was, according to numerous sources. Was he considered to be the fastest DB in this entire draft? Yes, he was. He was the fastest DB at this year's NFL combine. Is he also 230 lbs while being fast as fuck? Yes, he is. Do these things give him buttloads of the proverbial "upside"? Yes, they do. Might he fall on his face? Yes, he might, which can be said of every single player taken in the draft.

The bottom line is you're wrong. He's been a damn good player, and he was known more than anything for being a big hitter, so your saying that he plays like a Jane is just sour grapes from a guy whose team never beat him.

Killian

Post by Killian »

I guess "top 5 last year" doesn't mean scouts were drooling over him. What was his electronic time at the combine? 4.4's. I remember his big hit against ND, the one where he went for the knock out hit on ND's 5'11", 195 lb reciever and ended up like the bitch during the play. Or the one where he went for the knock out blow instead of playing the ball. Great instincts. If his size and speed are so rare, why did it take until pick 50 for him to go? Because if you ask scouts and others, he's a tweener that takes poor angles for a safety, and they aren't sure he's physical enough for LB.

He's a rich mans Cato June.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:His lack of INTs at USC means nothing. In Pete's system there the safety is never a ballhawk. He's a center fielder and run stopper. Not too many teams tried to throw deep against USC during most of his time there, so opportunites for INTs were rare.
If Mays was such hot shit, why did Pete draft Earl Thomas instead?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Paul wrote:I get it- the Chiefs need a good return guy so Jamaal Charles won't have to.
It was a silly pick.
The kind of pick you make if you are in a "luxury" situation, which KC isn't.
They've got other pressing needs.

Nice draft by Oakland so far.

LB - R. McClain
DT - L. Houston
T - J. Veldheer

Meat and potatoes.

What I was hoping for.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:His lack of INTs at USC means nothing. In Pete's system there the safety is never a ballhawk. He's a center fielder and run stopper. Not too many teams tried to throw deep against USC during most of his time there, so opportunites for INTs were rare.
If Mays was such hot shit, why did Pete draft Earl Thomas instead?
Good point. Mayes is a remarkable athlete...big, strong, fast, big hitter....but he lacks basic fundies and football instincts. He likes to deliver the big hit as a headhunter but lacks tackling skills. ESPN liked to show his big hits but neglected to show all of the broken tackles. He is not a ball hawk and blows coverages that he was able to overcome in college with his speed and athleticism which will not work in the NFL. He has to learn some defensive skills, reads, and tackling fundamentals before he'll be able to play at the next level and, while he has a lot of upside due to his size and athleticism, he is behind other safeties drafted earlier because they are more prepared to step in and play. I know nothing of his work ethic, intelligence, or attitude, but it will be those three things that determine how soon he sees the field. If he's capable and willing to do the work, he could be a very good player. If not, he'll just be another overhyped bust.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Mays Throws Carroll Under the Bus .....

This gets better and better.

Mays just said "sweet pete" is a fucking liar.

Ya think ???

Here's the quotes on Mays' exchange with reporters about Pete Carroll.

"It was just interesting. I thought, I definitely thought from the relationship that we have, from the things that he had told me about what I needed to be, what the draft process is, things that I needed to do, I felt he told me the complete opposite of the actions that he took, which was definitely alarming. There were things he told me I needed to do as a football player versus the actions he took and who he took as a safety. I understand it's a business, but with it being a business, honesty is all I'm asking for.

Rest of blog entry:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz0lyP8KSgL

poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.