Rosenhaus

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Rosenhaus

Post by jiminphilly »

Anyone see him on PTI the other day? He said one the reasons TO's contract should be re-negotiated is because Owens 'outperformed' his contract.

If he truly feels that way then is he ready to have his clients give back money from their contracts if any of them 'under-performed'?

I know of one player on the Eagles that he represents that couldn't even make it onto the field until the 2nd half of the year b/c he sucked so bad and he was a 1st round pick.

What an ass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Rosenhaus

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:Anyone see him on PTI the other day? He said one the reasons TO's contract should be re-negotiated is because Owens 'outperformed' his contract.

If he truly feels that way then is he ready to have his clients give back money from their contracts if any of them 'under-performed'?

I know of one player on the Eagles that he represents that couldn't even make it onto the field until the 2nd half of the year b/c he sucked so bad and he was a 1st round pick.

What an ass.
Teams have a very easy way to get rid of players who underperform their contracts. And I don't think Rosenhaus is suggesting that Owens be paid retroactively.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Anyone see him on PTI the other day? He said one the reasons TO's contract should be re-negotiated is because Owens 'outperformed' his contract.

What an ass.
Teams have a very easy way to get rid of players who underperform their contracts. And I don't think Rosenhaus is suggesting that Owens be paid retroactively.
Really? Can you tell us how we could have gotten rid of Freddie Mitchell any sooner?

Sinc-

Philadelphia Eagles

Can you please inform us of how we can avoid the $1.8 mill cap hit this year and the $5 mill cap hit we are taking NEXT year by cutting Kyle Turley this year?

thanks,

Sinc

St. Louis Rams.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:
BSmack wrote:Teams have a very easy way to get rid of players who underperform their contracts. And I don't think Rosenhaus is suggesting that Owens be paid retroactively.
Really? Can you tell us how we could have gotten rid of Freddie Mitchell any sooner?

Sinc-

Philadelphia Eagles
It didn't seem to hurt the Eagles keeping him.
Can you please inform us of how we can avoid the $1.8 mill cap hit this year and the $5 mill cap hit we are taking NEXT year by cutting Kyle Turley this year?

thanks,

Sinc

St. Louis Rams.
No, but you could have avoided the whole mess by firing Mike Martz.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
BSmack wrote:Teams have a very easy way to get rid of players who underperform their contracts. And I don't think Rosenhaus is suggesting that Owens be paid retroactively.

Sinc-

Philadelphia Eagles
It didn't seem to hurt the Eagles keeping him.

thanks,

Sinc

St. Louis Rams.
No, but you could have avoided the whole mess by firing Mike Martz.
Stay on topic.

What does what you posted above have anything to do with what you posted here-
Teams have a very easy way to get rid of players who underperform their contracts.
And I don't think Rosenhaus is suggesting that Owens be paid retroactively.
Of course not but I don't see him suggesting his clients who under-performed give back any money in the way of renegotiating contracts.

Jerome McDougal by all accounts is turning into a 1st round bust for the Eagles yet I don't see them asking for money back nor do I see Rosenhause offering any money back so that his other client could get what he thinks he deserves.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:Stay on topic.
I will as soon as you do. Your take seems to be that teams are too stupid to properly design contracts, so players should just lie back and accept what's comming to them if they overperform on their contract. My take is Rosenhaus is not there to make you or the team owner happy. He's there to get the best deal he can for his client. And, for the most part, he has.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
I will as soon as you do. Your take seems to be that teams are too stupid to properly design contracts...
Wrong. The NFL has designed contracts rather brilliantly. No contract is guranteed yet to appease the player and keep the league competive they have signing bonus that are to be prorated through the the first 3-4 years of a contract. There is a reason why the NFL is the best at what it does.

....so players should just lie back and accept what's comming to them if they overperform on their contract. My take is Rosenhaus is not there to make you or the team owner happy. He's there to get the best deal he can for his client. And, for the most part, he has.
The players should read the freaking language in the contract before they sign it. Owen knew he'd be paid $3 mill this year so what's his fucking problem?? Rosenhaus is trying to change the collective bargaining agreement and he's trying to use Walker and Owens as pawns and he's failing miserably. How great of an agent is he if the team he is trying to negotiate with won't return his phone calls?

Post by Guest »

BSmack wrote:

What an ass.
Gotta rack Been smacked for that.

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and paying a salary cap penality is not much of a penality compared to being cut outright.

It always amuses to see the fans getting riled up over a dude holding out in order to better take care of his family.

Owens is the best receiver in the NFL - hands down. He has what? 4 or 5 years at the most left in his career?

Stop being jealous over someone who is better than you in every conceivable way trying to get paid during his small window of opportunity.

BTW i'll say it again, Owens is the heart and soul of that team. The Eagles are fucking themselves if they expect McNabb to suddenly step up and be a man.

In the Super Bowl Owens was making plays everywhere while McNabb was paralyzed with fear as he threw pick after pick and cost his team the game.

Philly fan is so close, unfortunate their management is soooooo clueless.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

icantstopfarting wrote:
BSmack wrote:

What an ass.
Gotta rack Been smacked for that.

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and paying a salary cap penality is not much of a penality compared to being cut outright.

It always amuses to see the fans getting riled up over a dude holding out in order to better take care of his family.

Owens is the best receiver in the NFL - hands down. He has what? 4 or 5 years at the most left in his career?

Stop being jealous over someone who is better than you in every conceivable way trying to get paid during his small window of opportunity.

BTW i'll say it again, Owens is the heart and soul of that team. The Eagles are fucking themselves if they expect McNabb to suddenly step up and be a man.

In the Super Bowl Owens was making plays everywhere while McNabb was paralyzed with fear as he threw pick after pick and cost his team the game.

Philly fan is so close, unfortunate their management is soooooo clueless.

... and yet the Eagles managed to get to the SB without Owens. McNabb certainly choked in the SB and Owens was superhuman but don't kid yourself if you think Owens was the reason the Eagles got to the SB.

As for your comment about the cap penalty... why is it the teams with the best cap situation typically are the ones that competing for the SB at the end of the year while teams like the 49'ers dwell in mediocrity because of the way they mismanaged the cap?

If you don't think the Rams taking a $5 mill cap hit next year won't hurt them, you're smoking some good shit.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

BTW i'll say it again, Owens is the heart and soul of that team.

Ican'tstopspewing obviously has never played a team sport. If a selfish asshole like Owens is the heart and soul of the Eagles, self promotion would replace winning a championship as the teams goal.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Funny, I find it amusing that players still try to pull the 'family' bs on fans then wonder why fans boo them when they drop a ball.
You say that like he's a rookie. He's been the league since 1996. 9 years in the league is a long time for a receiver.
Now you're just trolling. ..... right? :roll:

heard and soul you say? you think his teammates didn't catch this recent statement?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3662038
Owens held a press conference Thursday to promote his benefit event for Alzheimer's this weekend, and was supposed to talk about Alzheimer's, and not football. But according to The Philadelphia Daily News, T.O. talked a little football too.
"It doesn't matter what they say (about me), whether in Philly, in San Francisco, and all over the world," Owens said in a television interview which was broadcast by Comcast SportsNet.

"They believe what they want to believe. In my heart, I know I'm doing the right thing. I don't have to play football. I don't have to play for the Eagles. I don't care what my teammates say."
What do you think his teammates are saying that TO needs to address in the media by saying he does not care what they say? Could it be that he's being an idiot?

It's Mcnabb's team. Andy Reid made it that way from day 1. The defense may actually be the strength but McNabb leads this team, no question.[font=Arial] [/font]