ICE = KKK

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: ICE = KKK

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: And international laws says you seek asylum in the closest nation.
Really?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:

Our policy should be you follow the rules for applying for asylum and if you are found attempting to sneak in, asylum is off the table.....forever.
You apparently aren't aware of the laws in your own country, much less "international" law.

Your asshole must be getting pretty loose from pulling so much BS out.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... 229990a261
Trump is failing miserably on his biggest issue. And he’s covering it up with lies.
By Greg Sargent

U.S. border agents fired tear gas into crowds of asylum-seeking migrants at the southern border Sunday,
and you can be certain that President Trump will amplify the claim that this turmoil strengthens his case
for getting his way on immigration.

He will be aided in this by one of the worst conventions in political reporting — the habit of asserting
that a given occurrence “provides fodder” for a politician’s attacks or arguments, simply by virtue of the
fact that the politician will try to use it that way, regardless of whether facts or logic support it. For
example, the New York Times claims “the unrest” will “likely provide him with additional ammunition”
to keep out the migrants.

So let’s be clear on the real meaning of the latest mayhem: It doesn’t give Trump “ammunition” at all.
Instead, it shows that Trump’s immigration agenda is a total and abject failure and that he is covering up
this glaring reality with lies.

In a series of tweets, Trump lashed out over the latest border clash. He blamed it on the fact that his
administration has stopped separating families, claiming this now means “vast numbers of additional
people storm the Border.” He raged that the migrants are “stone cold criminals” and that the Obama
administration used the same family separation policy. He vowed to close the border entirely if Mexico
does not ship the migrants back home, insisted that Democrats “created this problem” and once again
demanded that Congress “fund the WALL!”

Trump is making a real argument, but it’s nonsense
It’s important to understand that Trump is making a real argument of sorts here. To simplify, his basic
claim is that Democrats and/or Congress will not change the law in a way that would allow Trump to
detain asylum-seeking families all together for extended periods, which means the administration must
choose between separating children or ultimately releasing parents pending their hearing.

Trump had to drop the separations due to the political and legal backlash. He’s now saying that means
he’ll have to release the parents, and that this will help adults game the system by disappearing into the
interior — what he calls “catch and release” — thus encouraging more asylum-seekers to come. In short,
Trump blames the current crisis on being hamstrung in one way or another from deterring them with
cruel and inhumane policies — he can’t separate the kids, and he can’t detain families indefinitely.

But this whole argument is based on a lie. We already know that cruelty as deterrence doesn’t actually
work — and we know this because Trump’s own effort to do this failed.

Vox’s Dara Lind examined the data and found that even during the period of family separations, there
was “no evidence” that this “harsh treatment … actually works as a deterrent.” Careful reporting explains
why: Asylum seekers from Central America are driven by horrific economic, political and civil conditions
at home, so they’re willing to risk the worst to escape it.

The whole premise of Trump’s approach to the migrant crisis — that the answer is ever-escalating
deterrence, which is supposed to showcase his “toughness” — has already been revealed as a failure.
Indeed, as BuzzFeed points out, the administration has also done other things to try to dissuade
migrants, such as eliminate fear of gang violence as a criterion for asylum, yet they keep coming.
Trump’s decision to send troops to the border — in addition to using the military as a prop in the GOP’s
failed midterm propaganda message — can also be seen as an attempt at deterrence (remember when
Trump suggested migrants might be shot?), one that also failed.

Trump is trying to mask this epic failure with other lies. The suggestion that the failure to build the wall
is to blame — and that funding it would stop this situation — is absurd, since asylum seekers want to
turn themselves in at the border so their claims can be heard. The whole narrative of a “catch and
release” criminal menace is itself based on lies and wild exaggerations. Trump’s rage tweet about “stone
cold criminals” echoes previous similar claims that have been roundly debunked. And migrants and
asylum seekers actually show up for immigration court proceedings at far greater rates than he claims.
Meanwhile, Trump is trying to mask the cruelty of his deterrence approach before domestic audiences by
claiming his predecessor did the same thing, which is false (though the Obama administration did
experiment with forms of deterrence, disastrously).

Trump’s agenda is failing in another way: Other prescriptions he still hopes to implement are deeply
misguided and are all-but-certain non-starters. Trump hopes to restart family separations, but some
officials remain worried about the blowback — since it would just revive the cruelty in another form —
and it’s not even clear it would be legal. Trump just tried to ban asylum-seeking by people who don’t
cross at an official port of entry — a cruelly contrived way of restricting people from exercising their legal
right to apply for asylum here — but this has been blocked in court. Trump’s threat to close down the
whole border — which appears to mean restricting all asylum-seeking, even at official ports of entry —
would be a humanitarian and diplomatic disaster, and also likely would not survive legal challenge.

Fox News thinks the border clash helps Trump. It doesn’t.
There is no way what happened Sunday gives Trump “ammunition” to argue for any of those things. The
border patrol claims it used tear gas only after migrants threw things at them, but at the same time, tear
gas was used on groups that included children. The resulting horrifying imagery only underscores the
deep disconnect between the root causes of the crisis and Trump’s “solutions” to it, which only highlights
that the crisis remains intractable in the face of Trump’s fabled toughness.

Indeed, the specifics of this event cannot change the underlying reality that the prescriptions Trump now
wants would either produce all kinds of unacceptable outcomes or are unlikely to stand up in court, or
both. This is an extremely complicated problem, one that bedeviled the Obama administration as well,
and one that can probably be addressed only by regional solutions of some kind that seriously grapple
with both its complex causes and the need to treat migrants humanely. But Trump’s unstable bluster and
threats only make that harder.

Fox News, however, appears convinced that all this imagery helps Trump. As Matthew Gertz of Media
Matters shows, Fox has been plastered with coverage of the clash. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us
have to pretend it boosts Trump’s arguments. The exact opposite is true.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That's beautiful.

I love the small of napalm in the morning.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:dilemma
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Although it's also one of those words that's been misused so frequently, taht people are starting to accept the incorrect definition. Much like the suffix "phobe/phobia."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Care to elaborate ditch digger?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Dinsdale wrote: taht
You are stupid.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Carson wrote:
Kierland wrote:From tax payers to mail carriers and post office admin.
...for shitty, uninspired service because they know they'll get paid anyway.

Die in a post office mass shooting.
The post office guys will at least put the packages inside the porch door. The worst ones are the non-union FedEx guys who just about toss the package at your door as they're sprinting back to their truck for the next stop.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

When is Mexico paying for this fence?
Go Bucs, Gators
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Kierland wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: taht
You are stupid.
You are a Hadron Collider of stupidity, Billy.

The level of your stupidity reaches "heights" that mathematicians can only speculate to in the realm of theory.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Punkazz beyotch.

Sin,

Miguelito Loveless
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote:That's beautiful.

I love the small of napalm in the morning.

Damn you Mikey, I was going to go for that one.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

“The caravan is not going to lose its unity,” Colindre said. “We are going to insist and insist and insist until we are able to enter,” he said

Yep, I am going to try that at the next upcoming Gulls or Aztecs sporting event I want to go to without a ticket. Ok, apples to oranges argument. But what about the people that have already filed for asylum and are peacefully biding their time going through the process? These people think that since they went on a march through Mexico they can just jump to the front of the line. Sorry, somebody fed them a shit sandwich and they gobbled it down like Screwy would a 6-dick burrito.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How about adding staff to accelerate the processing of these migrants? Instead Trump opts for the political charade of an "invasion" at the border and ops for tear gassing desperate women and children. And Trump ball lickers like ass to mouth dad eat it up.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Although it's also one of those words that's been misused so frequently, taht people are starting to accept the incorrect definition. Much like the suffix "phobe/phobia."

I was thinking about this and sorta agreeing, then this definition arrived at my door:

a difficult situation or problem

So it works.
You just proved my point.

"Di" out front should have told you. It means "two." Not "several," nor "difficult." It means "two." As in "you have to choose between TWO bad options."

But again, it's been misused so badly for so long, its misuse is becoming (has become?) accepted.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Screw_Michigan wrote:gassing desperate women
I think this is more your speed. Happy Thanksgiving Screwy :grin:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Sudden Sam wrote:Ahhhh...I see what you mean.
I don’t. The Di-lemma is do we go with Don the Con and change the regulations or stick with the regulations we have. Taking pointers from Dims is dumb.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:How about adding staff to accelerate the processing of these migrants?
Why sure. Grow government some more. We all know how much better things will be if we add more government drones. Add those immigrants, give them government cheese teach them how to cocksucker the President.

Send your resume in, a job like that would fit your lazy ass, get paid to do nothing. Something you are an expert at.
Derron
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Derron wrote:Why sure. Grow government some more.
Why not?
Donald continues to increase federal spending.

Do you even know this?

#KYOA
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:How about adding staff to accelerate the processing of these migrants?
Why sure. Grow government some more. We all know how much better things will be if we add more government drones. Add those immigrants, give them government cheese teach them how to cocksucker the President.

Send your resume in, a job like that would fit your lazy ass, get paid to do nothing. Something you are an expert at.
lol

You gotta be kidding. He's already growing ICE/DHS/CBP/Border Police, why not allocate these resources to actually legally processing these migrants instead of the charade of defending an "invasion" and gassing and torturing desperate women and children and families? And as Poptart already pointed out, Trump is busting deficit spending records.

Fuck you.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mary and Joseph were refugees, Sam.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yes, he's great.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Mary and Joseph were refugees, Sam.
And I'm guessing there's more than one Jesus chillin' in Tijuana.
"I see everything twice!"
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

How do you figure Joseph and Mary were refugees? They were on the road due to a census that Caesar had mandated for taxation purposes and were in their ancestral town of Bethlehem because of it. The reason they stayed in a stable was because everyone was on the road due to the census and there was no room at the inn/hotel. Joseph had a job and a trade as a carpenter in the town of Nazareth. He wasn’t wandering around looking for a day job picking lettuce.

Don’t any of you have any literacy in the Bible?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

You have to love the lefts denial of anything religious until they can spin it for their own purposes. Classic.
Derron
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

And just for fairness’ sake, know that during the Obama administration the Border Patrol under his direction used “chemical weapons” against illegal aliens chucking rocks at agents while attempting to sneak and steal their way into the US. The funny thing is, nobody made a big deal about it at the time. I guess that was then and this is now, right?

November 25, 2013
A group of about 100 people trying to illegally cross the border Sunday near the San Ysidro port of entry threw rocks and bottles at U.S. Border Patrol agents, who responded by using pepper spray and other means to force the crowd back into Mexico, federal officials said.

Makes you go, “Hmmm.”
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Screw_Michigan wrote:How about adding staff to accelerate the processing of these migrants? Instead Trump opts for the political charade of an "invasion" at the border and ops for tear gassing desperate women and children. And Trump ball lickers like ass to mouth dad eat it up.
Why is it incumbent on the US taxpayer to pay for more staff to process a shit load of asylum applications in a crisis which we did not foment? The US taxpayer did not encourage or promise any additional staff to these migrants to incite them to arrive on our doorstep en masse. These people created an atmosphere of urgency which is entirely of their own making.

As that old saw says, “Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.” Get in the back of the line, lettuce picker. There’s a lot of people who have been patiently and lawfully waiting their turn to get into the US. No cutting in line.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rooster wrote: These people created an atmosphere of urgency which is entirely of their own making.
I laffed
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Glad to have made your heart lighter, Screwy. As to the issue at hand, are you suggesting that the United States is responsible for causing the caravan to arrive at our border? That we, collectively, are the cause of this band of migrants to have left their native country and attempt to gain entry into America?

Please, illuminate me as to how this crisis is of our own making. I’m quite curious!
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I think, SS, people like Screwy are expecting us to shower these Caravaners with taxpayer provided gold, frankincense, and myrrh as they sneak into our stables to give birth to their little bambinos. Instead of wise men coming with gifts to pay homage to a newly born king, we are to bring tribute to wise Latinas who are blessedly increasing the Democrats' voter rolls while the evil King Herod Trump tries to slay all male (and female) children under the age of three. Presumably, these intrepid adventurers will depart henceforth and forthwith to work in meat packing plants out in the Midwest whereupon they will lead crime-free and honorable lives turning those icy red states blue, not from the cold, but from their hard earned political knowledge that the GOP is out to get them.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rooster wrote:Presumably, these intrepid adventurers will depart henceforth and forthwith to work in meat packing plants out in the Midwest whereupon they will lead crime-free and honorable lives turning those icy red states blue, not from the cold, but from their hard earned political knowledge that the GOP is out to get them.
It doesn't take long for minorities to realize the GOP is truly out to get them. Just ask all the people who voted for Trump and got their spouses deported. :doh:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Screwy, you gotta admit jobs are important and minority unemployment is way down.

Having the government support families doesn't display respect for those families, whereas providing them jobs does.

Yes, I know corporate welfare is far more disgusting and far more costly.
Yes, please ask all these kids with dads in Mexico thanks to Trump deporting them how it's working out.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I would, but I don’t speak Spanish, nor do they hable englais, so right there is a problem.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/driver-leads ... red-report

I am taking the position that the only humane policy is to deny all illegals visas or citizenship in order to stop the senseless vehicular violence being forced onto these poor oppressed migrants. By applying common sense immigration reform such as denying any asylum, citizenship, or work visas to people who attempt to circumvent the system by sneaking into the United States, it removes any motive to flee the police and Border Patrol from engaging in their lawfully appointed duties. This policy would be based on the same principle and thinking that is foundational to common sense gun ownership reforms, wherein by making a law it removes any reason or excuse for the necessity of the now-defined crime, ie. ownership of firearms via the strict gun laws in locations such as Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington DC which purportedly were enacted to stop black-on-black gun violence in poorer neighborhoods.

As such, by taking away the means by which senseless vehicular deaths are now occurring, these common sense reforms will, if enthusiastically embraced, reduce, if not eliminate all deaths caused by running from the authorities.

Furthermore, by taking such four wheeled implements of destruction off our nation's highways and byways, we are actively taking measures to decrease our carbon footprint and reduce the CO2 in our atmosphere, all of which I am certain environmentalists would heartily cheer.

Let's reach across the aisle and make a bipartisan effort to keep undocumented families intact and alive by turning this idea into law. It's the only humane thing to do.
Cock o' the walk, baby!