Denver Airport

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Denver Airport

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:And to Dins' point of airport food gouging, the Libertarian in me says they should be free to screw you for as much as they can.
I'm pretty much all about the free market. Except airport vendors are selling shit on the ground I own. We, The People can imposeregulations on our own shit. And they have a captive audience, to an extent. If We say you can't do shady business shit, on our land, then that's the way it is.
This is a valid point. But they should be allowed to charge a reasonable premium. Maybe 15-20% over local economy.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

88 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:It's art.
Yup. And he kind that is so ugly that the only place you could possibly display it is in an airport, where no one is likely to bother to look at it.
Apparently enough people have looked at it that it's become a subject of conversation as wide-reaching as this obscure shithole.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I've never been to PDX but I suspect it is not big enough to have this. I am all too familiar with this as I am regularly putting lead curtains back on the xray because the palate of water they just ran through, knocked it off.
I dunno. I have a buddy who does HVAC work, much of it at the airport (a bunch in the huge paint shop where they do 747s and the big stuff). He uses a different entrance, and he comes and goes as he pleases (obviously after getting security clearance), and can bring whatever he wants. On an occasion, a government entity he works for sends him to a different site in the U&L on their company Learjet, and he can bring whatever he wants, including a gun (if he owned one)or anything else that fit in his bag.
Yes, they are called SIDA doors and I use them all the time, as do other contractors/airport employees. But food vendors typically don't have that ability. It varies quite widely from airport to airport. You'd think they'd all have to play by TSA's tune regarding this, but it is not the case at all. Every airport has completely different rules. It's a shitshow. But then again pretty much everything TSA is involved in is a shitshow.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

I was just there. I loooooooooooooove it.