Where’s miketheangrydrunkenCUfan?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Where’s miketheangrydrunkenCUfan?

Post by L45B »

Not sure what happened to that guy. 88 and I met him during a Fiesta Bowl years back.

Dude would be seriously pimping the rekindling of Colorado vs Nebraska right about now. Thought he had a Husker pal that frequented the boards as well.

https://youtu.be/OadvLy3AamM[/youtube]
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Where’s miketheangrydrunkenCUfan?

Post by King Crimson »

mike, good guy. we talked on the phone at least once when i was living in Boulder/working at CU and he was in town for the CU-NU game.

i live in new mexico now but all my CU friends are pretty fired up.

some are making the trip.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as far as the game.....strange component NU having to cancel game 1. Buffs looked pretty good against CSU.

i like Mike McIntyre but hard to know about CU. NU is starting a FR qb? and i thought Mike Riley was one of the most weird hires ever. guy who is famous for winning 7 games.....and NU looks like that team despite what Scott Frost might do?

no outcome here that would surprise me.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote:as far as the game.....strange component NU having to cancel game 1. Buffs looked pretty good against CSU.

i like Mike McIntyre but hard to know about CU. NU is starting a FR qb? and i thought Mike Riley was one of the most weird hires ever. guy who is famous for winning 7 games.....and NU looks like that team despite what Scott Frost might do?

no outcome here that would surprise me.
You are correct about the Riley hire. He was hand picked by Shawn Eichorst who was every bit a mystery as Riley.
Just a complete cluster fukk.
The toilet has been flushed and antipation has not been anywhere near it is, in 20 years.
The general consensus is make a bowl, get six wins, seven would be fine, 8 would propel 2019 into frenzy mode.
The schedule is brutal, at OSU Wisconsin Michigan and Iowa. MSU at home. Northwestern is in Evanston.
As far as CU...just don’t know what to expect from NU, not playing last week. Frost said this week of practice was as good as he’s seen, and he was comparing it to UCF practices last year.
NU has some very good offensive players that were handcuffed last year. I expect the offense to make some big plays, but with a true freshman QB, mistakes are bound to happen.
Frost has added 51 new players from last years team, lots of new faces, and some sound pretty talented.
The defense will be the key to Saturday. They will have to find a way to get a couple key stops if they hope to beat CU.
That may be a problem.
Should be entertaining..
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I met with him & Lax in SoCal some years back...He was living in AZ...Now that I'm in AZ too bad he's out of touch....Kinda like Jay_Duck....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

nice W for the Buffs. they've been shit on the road for a long time.

pretty iffy targeting/personal foul on a 3rd and long.....against the Bugeaters.

tasteless in victory or defeat and proud of it, the CU fans.....
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Greetings from Lincoln, gentlemen! (And lady, I guess, if AggieGal ever resurfaced.) Sorry I’ve been AWOL for a while. I’ve gotten really into dynasty football in the past few years and that seems to take up the majority of my message board time these days. Here’s my post from the college football thread over there. I think it sums up my feelings pretty succinctly. I’ll try to pop in here more often. #RTT
Went to the CU/NU game today. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t shed a tear or two. My dad took me to my first college football game at Memorial Stadium in 1981. The Buffs got blown out that day to the tune of 59-0. I’ve had my heart broken there three other times since. When they both left the Big XII and went their separate ways, I had serious doubts if I’d ever get to experience the feeling of beating the Huskers at home. It’s hard to even put into words how great this day has been. Husker fans are amazing people in victory and defeat. They’re the most passionate, knowledgeable fans in the country. They have a great young team that completely outplayed us in many aspects of the game. But goddamn it feels good to be a Buffalo!

Obligatory dynasty take: Start stocking up on 2020 1sts right now, folks. Laviska Shenault is gonna be special...
"Keys, woman!"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Rack you Mike and congrats on the big win
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Thanks mang! It’s been a long time coming.

Seer,
We definitely need to meet up for a beer soon. I know we exchanged a few texts a couple years ago and it never came to fruition, but let’s try again. I’ve got Saturdays off.

Oh, and off-topic as fuck but I don’t care: Guess who’s seeing Ween play two nights at the Ryman in Nashville this October?

Troll Stop™️ anyone?

8) 8) 8)
"Keys, woman!"