Conf title games...in game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Conf title games...in game

Post by Dinsdale »

USC won a division where the worst team went 5-7 (with a 9 game conference schedule). Bama didn't win a division with one other good team, and was otherwise pathetic. Bama's "best win" was Fresno State, who didn't quite win the Mountain West.

The commitee screwed the pooch.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Left Seater wrote:Overtime in Orlando. First two snaps have had fouls that a Blind person could call. Talk about tight.
The game should have never reached OT.

Memphis was set up on 3rd down to run a play to the middle go the field for the PK. Instead, they opt to pass and it goes incomplete, keeping UCF with 1 timeout and not improving the angle for their PK. Bad coaching to say the least.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
dcubed wrote:I like an eight team playoff. Conference Champs from the power 5, and 3 at large. Win your conference and you've got a chance.
More football isn't going to hurt my feelings, but at some point you're going to get the "but the children - they'll be playing too much and they'll get hurt!" shit. I'm thinking they would only go two more teams for that reason alone.
8 teams and you have 2 teams playing 3 games. 6 teams and you could still have 2 teams playing 3 games. Dumb.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Carson wrote:Well, shit.

Now Gus will go to Arky and Auburn will have to go to the boneyard to find a coach.

As shitty a job as he did getting the players ready for this game, I'm okay with that.

Auburn didn't get off the fucking bus. Too cocky, too much partying after 'Bama.

And now I get to live in a sea of loudmouthed, delusional UGA fans. I hope somebody beats them.
And your parting gift is undefeated UCF in a bowl game. Good luck with that. :lol:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

What part of plain English do you not understand? 6 games or 8 games, you can still have 2 teams playing 3 games. Go with 8. Dumbfuck.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:What part of plain English do you not understand? 6 games or 8 games, you can still have 2 teams playing 3 games. Go with 8. Dumbfuck.
You're only saying that because you think the Badgers would get a chance. Auburn would be in that as well, and they don't deserve it.

Wow, Goobs. What do they do in the NFC & AFC? Take your time on this. I know it's going to be tough on you, but see if you can figure it out!
Who gives a flying fuck, you fat fucking retard? That's the NFL. I could give two shits about the NFL. The path to the NCAA title should be the same for all participating teams. With 6, the top two teams only have to win two games, the other four would have to win three. This shouldn't be that hard to understand. Even for a drooling, inbred fucktard like yourself.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:So you guys would be happy with a 3 or 4 loss conference champion making the playoff ahead of a 1 loss second place division finisher? Not me. That could easily happen and it would suck horse cocks.

The idea is to get the BEST 4 TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFF.
Too bad that wouldn't include Alabama this year. I noticed that a few of the talking heads were saying that right now Wisconsin or tOSU would probably beat Alabama. :lol:

dcubed
Crack Whore

Post by dcubed »

Sudden Sam wrote:So you guys would be happy with a 3 or 4 loss conference champion making the playoff ahead of a 1 loss second place division finisher? Not me. That could easily happen and it would suck horse cocks.

The idea is to get the BEST 4 TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFF.
The problem is the "best 4 teams" is completely subjective. Win your (power 5) conference and you're in. the 2nd place finisher can get an at large (subjective) bid.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Who did Bama beat? Fresno State? MSU? Mercer?

The SEC (and ACC) need to play by the same rules as everyone else.

But as it is, the SEC spent 9 games figuring out who the best SEC team was. Do they really need another? Hell, had Auburn won the SECCCG, I'd be OK with them being left out -- we already figured out which team was better between them and Clemson. Which would have defaulted to USC, since we already know that OU is better than tOSU.

You guys bitching about more playoff games -- you got them... in September. That's the glorious beauty of CFB -- every game is a playoff game, making it unique among sports.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Who did Bama beat? Fresno State? MSU? Mercer?

The SEC (and ACC) need to play by the same rules as everyone else.

But as it is, the SEC spent 9 games figuring out who the best SEC team was. Do they really need another? Hell, had Auburn won the SECCCG, I'd be OK with them being left out -- we already figured out which team was better between them and Clemson. Which would have defaulted to USC, since we already know that OU is better than tOSU.

You guys bitching about more playoff games -- you got them... in September. That's the glorious beauty of CFB -- every game is a playoff game, making it unique among sports.
Come on, you know that Bama is the best team in the country. Who cares who they played - look at all those blowout wins. If enough people (on ESPN) say it enough times, it becomes the truth.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:You're only saying that because you think the Badgers would get a chance. Auburn would be in that as well, and they don't deserve it.

Wow, Goobs. What do they do in the NFC & AFC? Take your time on this. I know it's going to be tough on you, but see if you can figure it out!
Who gives a flying fuck, you fat fucking retard? That's the NFL. I could give two shits about the NFL. The path to the NCAA title should be the same for all participating teams. With 6, the top two teams only have to win two games, the other four would have to win three. This shouldn't be that hard to understand. Even for a drooling, inbred fucktard like yourself.
Nice white flag, you inbred fag. And then you were just stupid enough to cry about it after you realized the error of your ways.
White flag? Error? You really are this fucking stupid.

English, motherfucker. Do you understand it?

Obviously not.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
I could give two shits about the NFL.
And you're worried about English? Or wait - does this mean you DO want to give 2 (two) shits about the NFL?
I'd like to take 2 shits on the NFL.

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Goober McTuber wrote:I'd like to take 2 shits on the NFL.
While kneeling or standing?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Strawman wrote:Wisconsin? Please.
I didn't see anyone in here arguing for Wisconsin.

Though the talking heads on the selection show did point out that they had the same record as Alabama, plus they won their division. :mrgreen:

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Strawman wrote:Wisconsin? Please.
I didn't see anyone in here arguing for Wisconsin.

Though the talking heads on the selection show did point out that they had the same record as Alabama, plus they won their division. :mrgreen:
Good points for sure.

And the Badgers kept getting slammed all year for their "easy" schedule just as Alabama did.
Hornibrook was second team All-B1G.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Which speaks to the pathetic QB play in the B1G.

Even worse than the SEC.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Which speaks to the pathetic QB play in the B1G.

Even worse than the SEC.
But not as bad as the PAC. If we go to Sam's link and look at the top 20, SEC has 5, the B1G has 2, and the PAC has 1. :mrgreen:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you think Hornibrook is better than Darnold, Rosen, Falk, Herbert, or even Browning, you're out of your fucking mind.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:If you think Hornibrook is better than Darnold, Rosen, Falk, Herbert, or even Browning, you're out of your fucking mind.
That's not really what I said, and I didn't create the rating system that put Falk 25 positions below Hornibrook.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

schmick wrote:The every game is a playoff game stuff only works if everyone plays by the same rules.
This is spot on. The days leading up to Bama-Allbarn, all I heard on talk radio was how the Iron Bowl was a de-facto play-in game. Turns out, the game only mattered for Auburn.

Basically, every game is a playoff game...except when it isn't.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

My point was that it didn't matter for Bama only in the context of getting to the playoff.

Why is reading comprehension always so hard for you?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:My point was that it didn't matter for Bama only in the context of getting to the playoff.

Why is reading comprehension always so hard for you?
His glasses are smeared with poo.

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
schmick wrote:The days leading up to Bama-Allbarn, all I heard on talk radio was how the Iron Bowl was a de-facto play-in game.
As it turned out, it was a play-in game.

The loser advanced.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield