California to make first sensical tax law in 40 years

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: California to make first sensical tax law in 40 years

Post by smackaholic »

The poor can't pay it.

The rich send their kids to prep school.

The middle class would have to pay the whole thing....and they can't.

Horrible idea.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Fucking clueless scmuck.
Go Bucs, Gators
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:Californians may get to vote on a law next year that will allow property owners who do no have children in public schools to opt out of public education taxes.
Right.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

That is the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:Look it up on ballotpedia yourself, then make sure to sign to get it on the ballot. (Innitiative petition 17-0028)

The California No Taxes on Residents Without Students for Public Schools Initiative (#17-0028) may appear on the ballot in California as an initiated constitutional amendment on November 6, 2018.

The measure would add a provision to the state constitution prohibiting the state and local governments from levying or assessing taxes and fees for public schools and the University of California on residents that do not have financially-dependent students enrolled in public schools
A lot of crackpot dickwads have unsuccessfully tried to pass ballot initiatives.

So, how many signatures do they have so far?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I’d be in favor of a reduced rate for homeowners with no children.

Sent from Screwey's Lint Filter
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The public educashun system works fine in the burbs.

It works for shit in da hood because, you have people who largely don't value it and don't give their kids the support they need at home. There isn't much hope for them, no matter how much money you throw at it.

But, there is a group in this area where the kids do want to learn and mom (and occasionally) dad is trying to help them, but these kids are in a tough spot, because they are relying on a system that is being dragged down by the problem kids.

So, WTF do you do about it?

Either, you put a system in place where you make it painfully clear to all involved that if your kid isn't serious about school, he will be warehoused in a school with others like him. We will make it clear to these kids that if and when they want to get serious about being educated, maybe they can move to a school where they do stand a chance.

The problem is, we are talking about a gumit run system that is handcuffed by PC bullshit and all around government style incompetence. I don't hold much hope for such a system. I think the simplest and best system would be a voucher system. I am even open to hearing arguments about means testing it to a point, just to make some attempt to codify the whiny bitch libs.

You could even use incentives that would make it worth the private schools time to try to pull up some of the hood rats.

Coogs, I am not for cutting you sterile fukks a break simply because you didn't piss in the gene pool. Yeah, it would be fair, but the fac of the matter is, there needs to be some sort of incentive to re-populate the world. And it would help if that re-population be as many white employed folks who will benefit from a tax break because they actually have taxable income.

But, I do believe that you folks shouldn't be taxed MORE as you currently are. I think we ought to do away with dependent exemptions. I would do away with ALL exemptions.

Wanna have 5 kids?

Fine.

Wanna carry an 800K mortgage?

Good for you.

Wanna plaster your roof/shade tree with a PV array?

Knock yourself the fukk out!

Just stop looking for others to pay for it.

We should all pay our income taxes when we get our checks. I am OK with brackets, but lets stop with the "withholding" bullshit.

You make X dollars, you have Y% taken out, right then and there. Buh bye, dollars! It was nice not knowing you. And I would start it on the first dollar you make. It might only be 1/2 percent, but you would be a taxpayer.

Where I am a bit progressive is in the way the current system tops out somewhere around a few hundred K. You know, what we call "88 money" round these parts. You are doing OK. You can afford to pay your "fair share", whatever the fukk that means, but you still pretty much gotta get up and go to work everyday. You can't just say fuggit, I'm gonna go buy me a half million dollar flying machine and play top gun.

I think a dude that 10 million a year can pay more than 88. Kick it up a few points. If you make 44 mil a year for sucking badly at your job ('sup Roger Goodell?) you can pay a few more points on top of it. I mean, it's for the fukking children after all.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

schmick wrote:Subsidizing public education that, statewide, is 35% illegal immigrants or their offspring is the dumbest shit that's ever been seen
And of course you came up with this idea AFTER your kid/s left school.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:
schmick wrote:Subsidizing public education that, statewide, is 35% illegal immigrants or their offspring is the dumbest shit that's ever been seen
And of course you came up with this idea AFTER your kid/s left school.
Now and then the blind squirrel finds a nut.

Rack it.
MsCJ
Jake

Post by MsCJ »

12.5% of children in California schools have at least one undocumented parent. Of those 12.5% nearly 50% of the children are legal citizens. But whatever fits your narrative.
Really everything you need to know about me, MP said:
I stopped posting because of msck2trashy
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

His narrative is if you ain't here legally, GTFO. Bring your little citizens with you, or put them in the care of someone who actually is here legally.

As for the rules regarding natural born citizens, there should be a clarification or an amendment, if that's what it takes.

If you are here a a legal resident, when you shit out a little lettuce picker, he is a full natural born citizen.

If you are here for the day or on vacation, GTFO and take little consuella with you.

If you are here illegally, see ^^^^^.

We also need to make one thing extremely clear. If we catch you here illegally, whether you snuck over the fence or overstayed a work/education visa, you will be immediately deported. No court, no nothing. If it happens a second time, you will get the same and you will be made inelligible for any type of legal status in the US. Evuh.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

We put our kids through school in a private Christian school. It was money well spent albeit being a hefty portion of our income. We and others like us determined what the circullum was going to be, dispensed with the stuff the Marxist teachers unions push on the impressionable youngsters, and had exceedingly few disciplinary problems with attendees. Furthermore, it taught our kids respect for our country, values, and traditional institutions.

You don't get any of that with your typical PS.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

So you made this decision after you pulled your kid from PS. Good job shedick.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

My nephew Hymie (knock it off...that's his real name, you Jew-bashing sons-of-bitches) is going to the best yeshiva shekels can buy.
He can count money like some kind of brilliant "Rain Man"...it's truly something to behold.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Our troops are in the Middle East. Maybe someother time.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

schmick wrote:
smackaholic wrote:His narrative is if you ain't here legally, GTFO. Bring your little citizens with you, or put them in the care of someone who actually is here legally.

As for the rules regarding natural born citizens, there should be a clarification or an amendment, if that's what it takes.

If you are here a a legal resident, when you shit out a little lettuce picker, he is a full natural born citizen.

If you are here for the day or on vacation, GTFO and take little consuella with you.

We also need to make one thing extremely clear. If we catch you here illegally, whether you snuck over the fence or overstayed a work/education visa, you will be immediately deported. No court, no nothing. If it happens a second time, you will get the same and you will be made inelligible for any type of legal status in the US. Evuh.

Militarize the border, crossing the border illegally would be the same as illegally entering a us military base and face the same penalties. No need for a wall, GIs with machine guns and helicopter gunships or armed drones blasting anything that enters the no go zone will do the trick.
Care to tell us how much it would cost to put enough troops on the border to stop illegal immigration?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:Bill is written well.
It’s not a bill if it’s an initiative. If you don’t even know how this shit works why do you bother blathering about it?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:
Mikey wrote:
schmick wrote:Bill is written well.
It’s not a bill if it’s an initiative. If you don’t even know how this shit works why do you bother blathering about it?
Initiative now, ballot measure soon and a bill later.

Are you going to vote for more taxes?
You’ve still got it wrong dumbass. People who don’t know how the process works shouldn’t be allowed to vote.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

schmick wrote:How much does the border patrol cost?

Fly armed drones back and forth 24/7 covering the entire border, have them fire on and deploy troops on to anyone in the no go zones.
Which would be a violation of federal law 18 U.S.C. § 1385.

Do you work to be this stupid, or does it come naturally?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

schmick wrote:
Mikey wrote:
schmick wrote:
Initiative now, ballot measure soon and a bill later.

Are you going to vote for more taxes?
You’ve still got it wrong dumbass. People who don’t know how the process works shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

People who do not pay income taxes or who qualify for earned income credits shouldn't be allowed to vote
Usually it takes the onset of dementia before you get so out of touch with how real life is. How do you do it Schmick?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

schmick wrote:
smackaholic wrote:His narrative is if you ain't here legally, GTFO. Bring your little citizens with you, or put them in the care of someone who actually is here legally.

Militarize the border, crossing the border illegally would be the same as illegally entering a us military base and face the same penalties. No need for a wall, GIs with machine guns and helicopter gunships or armed drones blasting anything that enters the no go zone will do the trick.
In. What’s the pay?
:bode:
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Care to tell us how much it would cost to put enough troops on the border to stop illegal immigration?
About the same as it costs to provide Obamaphones to welfare queens, crackheads, 25 year olds still living at home, and pedos who submit shit posts on T1B.

p.s. Maria Bartiromo has big tits.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Sirfindafold wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Care to tell us how much it would cost to put enough troops on the border to stop illegal immigration?
About the same as it costs to provide Obamaphones to welfare queens, crackheads, 25 year olds still living at home, and pedos who submit shit posts on T1B.

p.s. Maria Bartiromo has big tits.
9/27/22
bigredretard
Elwood

Post by bigredretard »

MsCJ wrote:
12.5% of children in California schools have at least one undocumented parent. Of those 12.5% nearly 50% of the children are legal citizens. But whatever fits your narrative.
100% of your kids are speds.
dcubed
Crack Whore

Post by dcubed »

schmick wrote:Prop 187 would have fixed California 23 years ago, the dims blocking the will of the people has sent California in to a death spiral for nearly a quarter century, it is time to enact prop 187
That was when I decided that I could no longer tolerate the government of California. So glad I no longer live there.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Prop 187 passed and was overturned in Federal court.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If I remember correctly it was only Heard at the District Court level. A new governor later withdrew the appeal.

If so CA residents should be upset that the will of the people was ended not by the court system but by one person’s feelings.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The idea of breaking up large states for political reasons actually makes sense. A californian having to share a senator with roughly 17 million people while a resident of wyoming shares one with a few hundred thousand has never made any damn sense to me. I understand this was done back in the day to throw a bone to small states to get them to ratify the constitution, but it really should be looked at again. Carve things up so that a Senator has roughly 6 million constituents. Not sure what that would do for the R/D balance. I suspect it might help the Rs as democrats tend to be concentrated in small areas. Cali would have roughly 6 Senators. At least 3 would be Republican.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:The idea of breaking up large states for political reasons actually makes sense. A californian having to share a senator with roughly 17 million people while a resident of wyoming shares one with a few hundred thousand has never made any damn sense to me. I understand this was done back in the day to throw a bone to small states to get them to ratify the constitution, but it really should be looked at again. Carve things up so that a Senator has roughly 6 million constituents. Not sure what that would do for the R/D balance. I suspect it might help the Rs as democrats tend to be concentrated in small areas. Cali would have roughly 6 Senators. At least 3 would be Republican.
Again, you're about as ignorant as can be. 45% of registered voters in California are Democratic. 25% Republican. How does that translate to "at least 3" of of 6 would be Republican?
I know you were never very good at math, but really?

As of February of this year the voter registration looked like this. If there were six Senators divided up there would b 2.7 Democrats, 1.6 Republicans and 1.5 invisible

Party…………………………. voters………. Pct
Democratic…………...…… 8,700,440…. 45%
Republican……………….... 5,027,714…. 26%
American Independent…. 510,486……. 3%
Green………..……………….. 94,720…….. 0%
Libertarian……….………….. 141,461….. 1%
Peace and Freedom……. 76,021……. 0%
Other…………..……………… 119,555……. 1%
No Party Preference……. 4,762,212….. 25%
Total……………….……….. 19,432,609…
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:
smackaholic wrote:The idea of breaking up large states for political reasons actually makes sense. A californian having to share a senator with roughly 17 million people while a resident of wyoming shares one with a few hundred thousand has never made any damn sense to me. I understand this was done back in the day to throw a bone to small states to get them to ratify the constitution, but it really should be looked at again. Carve things up so that a Senator has roughly 6 million constituents. Not sure what that would do for the R/D balance. I suspect it might help the Rs as democrats tend to be concentrated in small areas. Cali would have roughly 6 Senators. At least 3 would be Republican.
The 6 California deal would give California 12 senators and the way the state lines are drawn up, 8 of them would be Republicans
You're even dumber than dumbaholic.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:The 6 states are not divided by population, stupid ass. Look at the way the borders of those states are drawn. 4 of those 6 states would vote Republican.
What "states" are you talking about you fucking moron? There's only one state.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey,

Did you miss the part where I said dems tend to be heavily concentrated?

If you break up the state into 6 separate states, using both geography and population as considerations, I am guessing 4 of them would be in the LA/SD area, one for the bay area and one for most of the interior. The bay area state would be very heavily democrat, not sure about the 4 socal states, but I am guessing 2, maybe 3 go republican. The SD state would, OC probably would. The interior state would as well.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:
schmick wrote:The 6 states are not divided by population, stupid ass. Look at the way the borders of those states are drawn. 4 of those 6 states would vote Republican.
What "states" are you talking about you fucking moron? There's only one state.
Did you miss his post about a hypothetical 6 state split?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote:The fucking moron is the one who can't follow along with the thread.

There's a group called 6 states California that is trying to break California up in to 6 states since Sacramento has been such a failure at governing.
That's where the discussion about more senators came from.
How do you stupid fucking liberals remember to breathe? Or is that something else you cunts want to tax the workers for, machines that remind you oxygen thieves to take your next breath?
And just how do you think this is going to happen? Through some kind of fiat coming from Adam Corolla's audience? Or because you think it's a great idea?
:meds:

Do you really think that the 75% of the state that's not Republican is going to vote themselves into even more of a gerrymandered minority than they already are, just to get rid of 5 million slack jawed, gap toothed inbreds?

You and smackaholic together have reached a historical level of stupid that I don't think has ever before been approached.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

BTW, Schmick, you're apparently not even keeping up with your own monumentally stupid group of drooling mouthbreathing fuckwads.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essenti ... story.html
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I am the first to say that edumacation is messed up in this country. Feds getting involved has been a disaster. States should back away a bunch as well.

Local control is the way to go with learning our kids. For this reason I have no problem with property taxes funding education. Some will argue that this creates too much inequality as areas with higher property values will have better schools. Prolly need to keep that in mind.

All that said though I would never vote to exempt myself from my local property school taxes even though I don't have kids. The school district we live in is very well thought of in the city of San Antonio. As such that helps keep property values higher than similar properties just across the school district boundary line. I would rather have my property continue to appreciate at 6% a year and have to pay $3500 in school district taxes vs the alternative.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote:Local control is the way to go with learning our kids. For this reason I have no problem with property taxes funding education. Some will argue that this creates too much inequality as areas with higher property values will have better schools. Prolly need to keep that in mind.
What does "keep that in mind" mean?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

It means exactly what it says. Need to consider that. However, throwing more money at education and some school districts has done little or nothing to help improve test scores, graduation rates, absences, etc. More money isn't the end all be all answer.

One idea would be to turn some of these schools and or districts into trade schools. Actually teach a trade or trades vs college prep work. Might keep some kids more invested and set them up for a career.