Your 11/12 Top 10

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Your 11/12 Top 10

Post by Shoalzie »

The best week of the season until the next best week comes along. Had to hit the blender on my rankings a bit after a large shake up...

1. Alabama (1)...shouldn't be punished for surviving yesterday when so many top teams were embarrassed.
2. Oklahoma (4)...a rematch of Bedlam in the conference title game? Yes please.
3. Miami (6)...had control of their playoff fate and made a big statement last night.
4. Wisconsin (3)...resume is a bit thin but wins over Michigan and Ohio State will help.
5. Clemson (5)...the ACC title game has stakes and that's fine with me.
6. Auburn (10)...impressive win over Georgia; the Iron Bowl just became a play-in to a play-in game.
7. Georgia (2)...got exposed yesterday but still can make the playoff with a win in Atlanta.
8. Notre Dame (7)...not a huge drop on these rankings but I'm sure they'll plummet in that OTHER ranking.
9. Ohio State (NR)...don't see a scenario where Ohio State wins in Indy and goes to a playoff but never say never.
10. USC (NR)...someone had to be number 10.

OUT: TCU (8), Washington (9)

= = = = =

The playoff field will reveal itself in the coming weeks so debating over who should be where in the top 4 now is silly.

Alabama/Auburn/Georgia will be the SEC champ and whomever comes out of that group belongs in the playoff.

Clemson/Miami is a true elimination game and is why the concept of conference title games should exist.

Oklahoma seems to be the only worthy Big XII team that can make the playoff. It would be messy situation if a 2-loss team wins that conference.

Wisconsin has to be thankful for last night's fallout. Resume isn't there but why would an unbeaten power five conference winner be left out?

I think the ideal playoff field would be the SEC champ, ACC champ, Oklahoma and Wisconsin (assuming they prevail). The next bit of rankings chaos would be if Oklahoma not winning the Big XII and Wisconsin losing to Michigan next week but still winning the B1G.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Your 11/12 Top 10

Post by King Crimson »

as per Bedlam rematch.....TCU still controls its destiny with the head to head W against Oklahoma State in Stillwater, FWIW. Frogs play @Texas Tech and have Baylor in Fort Worth. OU plays @Kansas and hosts West Virginia to close out.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Alabama
_________________|

Oklahoma
_________________|
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Sam, you said Clemson was the scary team and you did not want them to play Bama and you said the Auburn would roll the Tide in a couple of weeks. So why do you have those teams ranked below Alabama?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sam always poor-mouths Alabama. I don't get it.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

He’s a byproduct of the head coach.

Saban’s the type who would demand his guys be in the film room the day after the national championship game.. the day after they won it.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Alabama's far and away the best team in the land. If they don't win the national championship this year, Saban should be fired.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I hear Saban's a pedophile.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

King Crimson wrote:as per Bedlam rematch.....TCU still controls its destiny with the head to head W against Oklahoma State in Stillwater, FWIW. Frogs play @Texas Tech and have Baylor in Fort Worth. OU plays @Kansas and hosts West Virginia to close out.

Didn't go over all the tiebreaker scenarios...wishful thinking to see OU-OSU II.

I know the conference playoff games are a big money maker but in a conference like the Big XII with one division and potentially a team that wins the league outright in what amounts to a round-robin schedule...why make them beat a team twice?

I kinda think they either need to go with divisions or just have the playoff game in case of a tie at the top of the league. Oklahoma is playoff-worthy without the extra game. If they handle their business, then there's no reason to bitch.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Carson wrote:I hear Saban's a pedophile.

He gets off on yelling at 18 and 19 year old boys.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Shoalzie wrote:
Carson wrote:I hear Saban's a pedophile.

He gets off on yelling at 18 and 19 year old boys.
The age of consent in Alabama is 14.

Sin
Smackaholic
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Shoalzie wrote:
I know the conference playoff games are a big money maker but in a conference like the Big XII with one division and potentially a team that wins the league outright in what amounts to a round-robin schedule...why make them beat a team twice?
Easy, the playoff committee said the thirteenth data point carried ton of weight.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

No need for a new thread...not much accomplished from yesterday other than Wisconsin gets their best win of the season. Unless you found them killing Iowa after they killed Ohio State the week before more impressive.

Left Seater wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:
Easy, the playoff committee said the thirteenth data point carried ton of weight.

If 13 data points is a thing then where does the Mercer game fall on the graph for Alabama?

I honestly think if they are going to put all the major conferences on the same plane in terms of having to play a conference title game then I think all conferences should have to play the same number of conference games across the board. The B1G, Pac-12 and Big XII all play 9 conference and 3 out of conference. Why is the SEC or the ACC allowed to skate by with one less conference game in place of a televised sacrifice of a FCS or D-II team?

To me if you're going to hold all these Big 5 conferences to the same standard...make them all play 12 regular season games with 9 conference games and disallow the playing of any non-conference games against teams outside of the FBS. If you're going to fairly stack up resumes with these teams...they need to all have comparable data points. All 3 non-con games must be against FBS opponents.