Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Week 8

Post by Shoalzie »

Wisconsin takes care of business.

Virginia letting their fraud flag fly.

Iowa State on a nice run right now.

Purdue...wait for it...has gone off the tracks.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Week 8

Post by King Crimson »

it is sort of incredible how some guy who is 2nd on the depth chart or plays lb until the #1 guy gets hurt puts a mike stoops lb core on their heels. run, pass? who knows?

grampa snyder has done that for years.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hate to say it but Michigan is the 4th best team in their half of the conference and they'll likely have 4 conference losses when it's all said and done. Forget about nationally, they need to become relevant within the B1G.

Expectations-wise, I figured there were a few losses on the schedule. I figured this was a 9-3 team at best. Too many new faces and they're not good enough at the key offensive positions. A quality defense can only do so much and the dam finally broke last night. I'm not shocked at the loss but seeing them crumble in the second half was disappointing.

They should fatten up on the next 3 opponents. Fleck ran his mouth after the State game so I better see a message-sending performance in the game for the Little Brown Jug. The final two games will be tough to watch but they have time to iron out some the numerous problems. Harbaugh can't get dominated in those last two games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shoalzie wrote:Fleck ran his mouth after the State game so I better see a message-sending performance in the game for the Little Brown Jug.
What was wrong with what he said? It's not like he brought up Michigan unprovoked. A reporter -- clearly trolling for a sound byte -- asked him if he was surprised that MSU beat UofM. He said no because MSU has beaten Michigan 8 out of the last 10. His answer was succinct and factual. But if UM wants to use that as some sort of bulletin board material to get over on big bad Minnesota, more power to 'em I guess.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You mean like Dantonio still obsessing over a statement made by a running back almost a decade ago? Sticks and stones, right...

I don't think State needed Hart to light a fire under them but it was a turning point in the series. Everyone can get motivation from anything. Post game smack talk or driving a flag or sword in the middle of the field or a throwaway comment in a media scrum.