No Mo' Makin' Some Noise

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: No Mo' Makin' Some Noise

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Papa Willie wrote:...he was acting like a dumbass and not catering to the music - but rather - making himself look silly.
If you get up on stage with Prince...and this comes as a surprise to you, you definitely need a check up from the neck up.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Image

No, this is a nice Dodge.

Use your words, tiny lawyer.
I saw a Hennessey hellcat the other day on the 101. Thing was loud as fuck.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Papa Willie wrote:If you take a shit on a Beatles' song like this, you're being a turd.
No argument there.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Pretty wack take considering the song.

On a related note...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp9V3D3ufn4[/youtube]
Recorded the week SPLHCB was released.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

As much as I admire Prince's talent as a musician, I have to agree with spray on this one. He looks like a tool up there.

Want to see someone absolutely crush this tune?

Yeah, I have put it up here before, but it was 10 years or more ago.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Just another nog that doesn't know his place eh?
It's a tribute to GH and his son's face says you all are idiots.

Or maybe you will believe Tom Petty:

Tom Petty and Others Tell the Story Behind Prince’s “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Solo
By Christopher Scapelliti
April 21, 2017

“You see me nodding at him, to say, ‘Go on, go on,’” Petty says. “I remember I leaned out at him at one point and gave him a ‘This is going great!’ kind of look.

“He just burned it up. You could feel the electricity of ‘something really big’s going down here,'"

So while his face shows that he is clearly miffed, he isn't stupid enough to try and pull the "it wasn't so great" card.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Papa Willie wrote:And for the record, I'm not sure how classic this clip really is. Petty & Co. are looking at Prince pretty much like "dude - chill the fuck out". A classic case of overplaying.
Papa Willie wrote: Seriously - watch the faces of the other guys when Prince is doing this. You'll note: slightly nervous smiles with the thoughts of "JFC, dude - chill out and fit the groove better".

Is it any surprise that Papa Willie aka (Porky) has no idea what he's talking about? I've read some of his posts and he clearly seems clueless about almost everything.

The song was rehearsed and Prince was asked to play the lead solo and cut the hell loose!

The Day Prince’s Guitar Wept the Loudest

CRAIG INCIARDI (Curator at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum) I’ve seen every induction performance from ’92 to the present, so that’s like 24 shows. On a purely musical level, a technical level as far as musicianship, that performance seems like the most impressive one.
GALLEN It became one of the most satisfying musical moments in my history of watching and producing live music.
PETTY You see me nodding at him, to say, “Go on, go on.” I remember I leaned out at him at one point and gave him a “This is going great!” kind of look. He just burned it up. You could feel the electricity of “something really big’s going down here.”
FERRONE Tom sort of went over to him and said, “Just cut loose and don’t feel sort of inhibited to copy anything that we have, just play your thing, just have a good time.” It was a hell of a guitar solo, and a hell of a show he actually put on for the band.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/28/arts ... -fame.html

And there you have it, from the Band and producers mouth.

Does this Porky guy just sit around at home and post on message boards all day? It wouldn't surprise me, since he doesn't seem like the most aware or brightest bulb on the block.

EDIT :opps, looks like someone else got to it before me. Should have posted it a few hours ago while I had it lined up, but went out to run some errands. Different articles though.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

There are 2 of Pettys band on there with them..Steve Ferrone on the drum kit and Scott Thurston on electric guitar. Guess they thought they were good enough for the show.

As far as them not knowing Prince was not headed to some kind of impressive break there, they had to have some kind of idea he was going to do that. I don't think it was disrespecting GH at all. Pretty fucking impressive really.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Wow, just wow. This Porky guy is freaking delusional.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Ok, can someone tell me what this nut-job is babbling about?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Doubtful. I think he's a huffer.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Doubtful. I think he's a huffer.
Jesus, Goobs. You're now aiming for a reacharound from Melton now?
I don't take sides or look for support. You do because you're weak. And high on glue. :mrgreen:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Bullshit. You're just looking for somebody's shit to appear on your dick.
Extremely high on glue.

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Goober McTuber wrote:Doubtful. I think he's a huffer.

So Porky is a huffer, as well as a fat pig? It's starting to make sense now. By the way, can someone link me to a thread where he isn't getting his ass-kicked like he did in this thread and a few of the others I've read that he posted in?
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Papa Willie wrote:Being the chicken shit you are, you just smile and say "that's okay", but you're really not too happy with it in reality.

Petty was classy enough to know that saying what he really felt wouldn't go down very good. Understand?
Tarkus, I wish I could see the video, because you're on the edge of insightful, here. It really can be a big difference between what one's mouth explains versus what's one's body language betrays.

Unfortunately, you're also being two-faced. If it's chicken-shit of m2, it is not classy of Petty. If anything, it's worse because Petty moves from saying it's ok to saying he encouraged the dump-taking.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Went back and watched Petty during Prince's shred fest. The look I see during one of his rips looks more like a "damn that little niggger can shred" look rather than a "dude, you're over playing it" look.

I do still agree with spray's thought that the song is called WMG gently weeps, not WMG shreds like a motherfukker. And clapton did capture this sentiment perfectly.

But spray, you still wish you had his chops.

Motherfukker was one of the best rock guitarists in history.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Not even trying to brag - but I could have made myself look equally as silly in that scenario if I wanted to. Prince wasn't bad as a guitarist, but he wasn't even a pimple on the ass of somebody like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse, and a shit-heap more. Sometimes when you over-do in a situation like that, it makes you look better than you are.
:meds:

Meow!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:Went back and watched Petty during Prince's shred fest. The look I see during one of his rips looks more like a "damn that little niggger can shred" look rather than a "dude, you're over playing it" look.
That is what I got too, and I have watched that video probably 50 times.
I do still agree with spray's thought that the song is called WMG gently weeps, not WMG shreds like a motherfukker. And clapton did capture this sentiment perfectly.

it is called innovation and variants on a lot of songs are pretty common.

Motherfukker was one of the best rock guitarists in history.
Agreed. One of the best. I disagree with Sprays take that he was not of the talent that Jeff Beck has. Beck has a different style and can shred in his own style. I watched Joe Walsh do some crazy shit last Saturday in Seattle, but he don't even come close to Prince's chops.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Imagine there was a fun charity basketball game back in the day -- and some NBA players were part of it.

All of a sudden in the middle of the game, Michael Jordan decides he's going to -----> GET OFF.

MJ starts performing windmill dunks over celebrity participants.
Launching himself from the free throw line for flying dunks.
Crossover dribble, spinning, finger-roll layups.
Etc.

Other NBA players there would be like, "Damn, that's some crazy bad ass shit."

They respect it, but know inside that it isn't exactly the forum for it.

That's Prince's performance.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Softball Bat wrote:Other NBA players there would be like, "Damn, that's some crazy bad ass shit."

They respect it, but know inside that it isn't exactly the forum for it.

That's Prince's performance.

Tom Petty and the band ASKED/ Prince to go off and get crazy and end the show with a solo and make it his own interpretation. He was SCRIPTED by the band to end the show with a solo. You can also see George Harrison's son ABSOLUTELY loving the performance by Prince, by the look on his face.

This is all well documented by the LINK I provided early in the thread. The FACT that this is even being debated, is solely attributed to the FACT that most in this thread can't read.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

m2 wrote:Tom Petty and the band ASKED/ Prince to go off and get crazy and end the show with a solo and make it his own interpretation. He was SCRIPTED by the band to end the show with a solo. You can also see George Harrison's son ABSOLUTELY loving the performance by Prince, by the look on his face.

This is all well documented by the LINK I provided early in the thread. The FACT that this is even being debated, is solely attributed to the FACT that most in this thread can't read.
Twinkle toes, I don't doubt that Prince was asked to end with a "cut loose" solo.
I don't doubt that TP said he loved it.
I see George's kid smiling and nodding.

Prince's solo did not match the song. He took it too far.
He did not match the sentiment of the evening.
He flipped the guitar and walked away.
lol

No acknowledgment of the other (great) band members.
No, Prince took a time to celebrate George Harrison and made it a grand "ME" moment of the highest order.

People can have their own opinion on what went on there.
It's the nature of musical performance.
It's all good.

I view and provide my own take.

Anyway...

We saw Prince's performance many years earlier.

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

smackaholic wrote:Went back and watched Petty during Prince's shred fest. The look I see during one of his rips looks more like a "damn that little niggger can shred" look rather than a "dude, you're over playing it" look.
Wait, what? :? That's not better. The word choice turns Prince from a respected colleague to an exotic token.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Papa Willie wrote:
Not even trying to brag - but I could have made myself look equally as silly in that scenario if I wanted to. Prince wasn't bad as a guitarist, but he wasn't even a pimple on the ass of somebody like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse, and a shit-heap more. Sometimes when you over-do in a situation like that, it makes you look better than you are.
You are bragging. You go from the humblebrag of 'silly' to the envybrag of 'look better than...'

So you're upset that Prince showed up your favorite guitarists, the guitarists you see yourself as wanting to be most like -- but you can't say he sucks. So you say it was inappropriate for him to be better than guitarists you feel a deeper kinship with.

You still have a general point about body language. Your phrasing here is your body language.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:If they would have done this in a studio, there is not a producer alive that wouldn't have said "errrrr - okay - errrrrr - you're going to have to tone that down a little bit."
That's probably why Prince never had a producer. He produced and wrote and in some cases played all the instruments on his albums.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Papa Willie wrote:Prince doing his best Marty McFly.
If Prince played triangle...

"I see everything twice!"
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

haha!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Game over.

He's right up there with Jimi Hendrix and Brian May
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think part of what annoys people is the look of arrogance captured perfectly in the pic m2 just posted. It's that tough guy scowl you usually see from boxers at a weigh in hen they are trying to stare down their opponent. He had that same scowl in the video with TP. The tossing of the guitar is the icing on the cake.

Is it intentional? Is he trying to just let everybody know how badass he is?

Who knows?

Seems more a cultural thing. Balck folks and braggadocio just seem to go hand in hand. Although, I think it is bleeding over more and more into other cultures.

Fortunately, there were some pretty fair balck guitarists that didn't suffer from it. The best example I can give is Albert King. Albert is up there having the time of his life. I love his laughing out loud between rips. Dude realizes that he is getting paid to do what he loves and it shows. He KNOWS he's the man, but he doesn't have to remind the audience. And yeah, Prince can squeeze more notes into a bar, but he can't come close to Albert's feel.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:I think part of what annoys people is the look of arrogance captured perfectly in the pic m2 just posted. It's that tough guy scowl you usually see from boxers at a weigh in hen they are trying to stare down their opponent. He had that same scowl in the video with TP. The tossing of the guitar is the icing on the cake.

Is it intentional? Is he trying to just let everybody know how badass he is?

Who knows?

Seems more a cultural thing. Balck folks and braggadocio just seem to go hand in hand. Although, I think it is bleeding over more and more into other cultures.

Fortunately, there were some pretty fair balck guitarists that didn't suffer from it. The best example I can give is Albert King. Albert is up there having the time of his life. I love his laughing out loud between rips. Dude realizes that he is getting paid to do what he loves and it shows. He KNOWS he's the man, but he doesn't have to remind the audience. And yeah, Prince can squeeze more notes into a bar, but he can't come close to Albert's feel.
You are one whiny fuck.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

If it wasn't for whining, this board wouldn't get 3 posts a week.

Now stop whining about my whining and go check the dryer before someone throws your shit on the floor.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Image
ftfy
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wasn't he the goodfellas character always bitching about the moolians?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Wasn't he the goodfellas character always bitching about the moolians?
Go home and get your fucking shine box.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The joke stopped being funny once you had to explain it to suckaholic, which isn't too surprising considering he needs to be explained a lot of things, particularly that it's a monumentally stupid idea to allow people to shoot up a high rise building from 400 yards away.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48564

'Nuff said.
What the fuck do you know, except sucking and being fat, considering you are...how should I say...bringing up the rear in BTPCFB pick 'em.