Notre Dame representation: they just bailed out?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Notre Dame representation: they just bailed out?

Post by King Crimson »

Terry in Crapchester......Killian.

all like that, gone. poof?

seriously?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Notre Dame representation: they just bailed out?

Post by King Crimson »

we could turn out a Chip Kelly thread....or better...."the real reason ND is about to join the ACC".

those cats can't resist an "exceptionalism" thread. i should have thought of that before.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

King Crimson wrote:Terry in Crapchester......Killian.

all like that, gone. poof?

seriously?
I'm still here on rare occasions. Just don't check daily like I used to. Hell, I probably haven't checked out this shit hole in months.

Terry has been MIA for awhile. Lax is still around....I think.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I'm still around...and I see so is Schmuck and his 2nd grade insults.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

glad to see you guys....Lax and Killian.

i guess the original impetus moving forward is where Brian Kelly stands in the eyes of ND fan? i remember one of his Cincy teams came into Norman to play a very good Sam Bradford OU team. OU kinda whooped the Bearcats but it was clear Cincy played with swagger, physical and were a good team*. So, I respected that. and he had success at ND for sure.....last year was a dumpster fire and Kelly didn't help the cause that much in the media, seems. kinda changed my opinion of the guy some.

*2008 Cincy finished 11-3, #17.
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I NEVER liked the hire. All I heard from people is that he won at GVSU...so what, all you need is a few good players at those levels and you'll be successful. Ok, he did pretty well at Cincy......put them in a tough conference with a tough schedule and they get rolled. Yes he's had some success at ND but I look at the fact that his teams still make stupid mistakes throughout a game and it seems they don't really improve and play better as the season goes on. I don't like his antics and the way he does things no the sidelines. Either way, I'm still a fan and I'll painfully watch every Saturday only to be disappointed in the end.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

There are basically two camps when it comes to Kelly: The Kelly Lovers who think he can do no wrong and the poor seasons are the result of bad luck and/or injury, and then there are the Fuck Kelly, he needs to go crew. I probably tend to fall more towards the latter, but closer to the middle.

Kelly can't get out of his own way and his "smartest man in the room" act has worn very thin. He rarely ventured outside of his small circle when it came to hires and it bit him in the ass (Brian Van Gorder and Paul Longo to name a few). But this year he made two smart hires to bolster a piss poor S&C program and made some damn good hires at the coordinator spots. But will he keep his hands out of things? My guess is no because a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

I think he was told that shit needed to change, which is why he appears to actually be trying in recruiting and with other shit with the team.

Cut, rinse, repeat. Going on 20 years now. Getting really sick and fucking tired of this game.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

ND's schedule doesn't seem too rough. tough, lot of ACC teams.....lot of tweener type teams that ND needs to be better than to have a good season.

they get USC at South Bend....the best team Irish play, likely. based on today. UGA at home, too. though i refuse to believe Georgia is better than 7-9 underachieving wins anything with top 15 talent....year after year. they are the Texas ATM of the SEC....oh wait....

@UNC is tough (though i think the Heels lose a lot starters 2016).....but not a mid-season game that a winning team should outright fear. i don't know what @Sparty is up to, @Miami (who i also don't believe in)....and @Stanford, ok. tough one. not a huge believer in David Shaw.....as a newly minted Pac observer in Boulder, Colorado.

very winnable schedule for Kelly, IMO. for ND in the long term....still hard to know. if it's not a "winnable" schedule, time for ND admins to fire up the search committee.
"