Props to the Buckeyes

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Props to the Buckeyes

Post by WolverineSteve »

Michigan had plenty of opportunities to salt this one away. OSU made more plays, scoreboard.

I love the trajectory that M is on. Harbaugh will win his share in this series.

Enjoy the hard fought victory. Lots of controversy surrounding the fourth down spot...I feel like he was short, but no way they decide that game on a walk off review...no way. Props to OSU'S 88 (not our 88) for doing his best to stop Barrett short of the 15.

Props to Harbaugh's red assed post game presser. It may be a bad look in the public opinion, but his guys will love him more for getting their back. I'd rather have a coach tell it like he really feels than babble on in aimless coach speak.

I want to play the number 5 team in the bowl game. This team is literally 2 plays from being undefeated (sup Noj).

We will be back.

Congrats again Buckeyes.

And as always...GO Blue!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Props to the Buckeyes

Post by Shoalzie »

Quite a senior class leaving Ann Arbor...and probably Peppers. There's going to be a lot of new starters next year and the bulk of Hoke's players will be gone. This will truly be Harbaugh's program starting next year.

Ohio State won't go away although I won't miss facing Barrett.

Michigan State will turn it around but it doesn't sound like Dantonio is making any changes to his coaching staff.

Now, Penn State looks like they've got a program.

The B1G East is going to be a bitch in the coming years.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote: Props to Harbaugh's red assed post game presser. It may be a bad look in the public opinion, but his guys will love him more for getting their back. I'd rather have a coach tell it like he really feels than babble on in aimless coach speak.
Yeah, kind of like how he attended the HRC rally, right? "His guys will love him for it!"

Harbaugh is a classless piece of shit and the sorest loser. This is what happens when you ride the refs all game. Too bad morons like Harbaugh never get that.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Looked like he got the first from the aerial view.

In any event, there wasn't anything conclusive to overturn the call on the field. Harbaugh should've been more upset at himself for his little temper tantrum leading to a Buckeye touchdown.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ TL, DR

Can we get cliff notes?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

Which is exactly how it looked to me from a crappy angle, in real time. Pretty much down to the millimeter, and the spot was perfect. They still should have brought the chains out, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Why bring the chains out? The drive started on the full yard line. Therefore if any part of the ball is across the second full yard line from the initial spot, it is a first down. No need to measure that ever.

Would love to see Harbaugh explain the overhead view and how he can claim the spot was so far off? Unlikely he man's up and addresses it though.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Michigan could have won, probably should have. They had their chances but fell short. Is it legitimate to question refs when a team gets a total waste of f 2 penalties for 6 yards? I think so. The PI on hill was garbage, the ball was behind, high, and past the receiver...it allowed a drive to continue, it was a bad call. The non call PI against Grant Perry on third down in the second OT ended a drive and forced M to settle for a fg...it was a bad non call.

You can accept the outcome and still be critical of the refs. If only Hillary voters could grasp the concept.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I agree that Michigan probably should have won. But Harbaugh basically blaming the loss on the officials is garbage. Michigan was cited for 2 pre snap fouls and then Harbaugh lost his mind and got the Unsportsman like foul on top of the pre snap foul. If you take those out of the mix (since the home team usually has fewer pre snap fouls regardless) the calls look a lot more even. Nor is it the officials fault that the illegal use of hands call on OSU happened when Michigan had moved the ball to the OSU 2 yard line.

I haven't seen anyone disagreeing with the facemask call, the running into the kicker call or the holding call. Those are the reason for the foul discrepancy.

Meanwhile Harbaugh is throwing stuff on the sideline and screaming like a three year old before he was flagged. His post game presser was nothing more than trying to distract fans from all the chances his team had to win the game and shift the focus/blame on to someone other than himself and his team.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

"probably should have won"

Link?

And I thought you knew football. Give me a fucking break. If they should have won they would have won.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Mikey wrote:"probably should have won"

Link?

And I thought you knew football. Give me a fucking break. If they should have won they would have won.
Dumbest fucking response ever. Go fuck yourself.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

WolverineSteve wrote:
Mikey wrote:"probably should have won"

Link?

Dumbest fucking response ever. Go fuck yourself.
Suck it up. Your team lost. Better luck next year.

BTW...I was responding to LS not to your post. Sure Michigan "could" have won. But "should?" Sorry, nuh-uh.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No, Jim. They sure don't.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:I agree that Michigan probably should have won. But Harbaugh basically blaming the loss on the officials is garbage. Michigan was cited for 2 pre snap fouls and then Harbaugh lost his mind and got the Unsportsman like foul on top of the pre snap foul. If you take those out of the mix (since the home team usually has fewer pre snap fouls regardless) the calls look a lot more even. Nor is it the officials fault that the illegal use of hands call on OSU happened when Michigan had moved the ball to the OSU 2 yard line.

I haven't seen anyone disagreeing with the facemask call, the running into the kicker call or the holding call. Those are the reason for the foul discrepancy.

Meanwhile Harbaugh is throwing stuff on the sideline and screaming like a three year old before he was flagged. His post game presser was nothing more than trying to distract fans from all the chances his team had to win the game and shift the focus/blame on to someone other than himself and his team.
Blaming the officials for a loss (except for the rare exception of OK ST vs. Central Michigan) is for cowards and pussies. Harbaugh only acts like this because he can get away with it. Good to see these officials standing up to him, Harbaugh's sideline behavior is disgusting.

Fuck Harbaugh and fuck his enablers.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Dumbest fucking response ever. Go fuck yourself.
Way to shit all over your own attempt to be classy, idiot.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Way to shit all over your own attempt to be classy, idiot.
He did kinda KHOA there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote: Props to Harbaugh's red assed post game presser. It may be a bad look in the public opinion, but his guys will love him more for getting their back. I'd rather have a coach tell it like he really feels than babble on in aimless coach speak.
Yeah, kind of like how he attended the HRC rally, right? "His guys will love him for it!"

Harbaugh is a classless piece of shit and the sorest loser. This is what happens when you ride the refs all game. Too bad morons like Harbaugh never get that.
Rack.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ I think that's my favorite one.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jimmy still needs to work on his one-hander.

/s/
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Image
A lot going on here...the quick glimpse of Mike Shanahan hanging out on the UM sideline, and the random OSU guy clapping in front of a hoard of pissed off players and coaches. That takes some balls.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Blaming the officials for a loss (except for the rare exception of OK ST vs. Central Michigan) is for cowards and pussies. Harbaugh only acts like this because he can get away with it. Good to see these officials standing up to him, Harbaugh's sideline behavior is disgusting.
And let's not act like Michigan hasn't been the recipient of many favorable calls over the years. What goes around comes around. Remember, this was ruled a first down for UM in the 2012 Outback Bowl:

But you can't even say this was karma, because the Barrett ball spot was correct.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The OSU guy clapping is the ball boy. Acting like that on the opponents sideline is a great way to end up "tripping" and breaking your nose or some other body part. Most ball boys do everything they can to not be noticed. This guy is either incredibly grave or stupid.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dude was probably trolling Harbaugh.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

And today Michigan gets fined and Harbaugh gets reprimanded.

Nothing posted on the CFO site today regarding any of the calls. If any were egregious they would show up there with comments.

Typical Harbaugh, look over here so you don't focus on my failures.