OK, I'm not RACKing the Padres OK?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

OK, I'm not RACKing the Padres OK?

Post by Mikey »

But they're 20-6 in May, the most wins ever for the Pads in a month, with two games to go.

Trevor has 12 saves in May and the Padres haven't made an error in more than 10 games.

But......I'm not RACKing the Pads.

Can you believe those Sox? 17 runs last night and another win over the Spankme's today?
FUCKin' RACK the BoSox!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Do your thing, man. If your team is playing well...you can rub it in our faces. Most of us are believers in the Padres already. If my Tigers get on a roll, I'd probably do the same thing.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey, please shut up.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Tip of the cap to your Pads.

8)
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

rack the rangers too BTW

1st place...pitching half decent...Praying for a mild summer :?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:Mikey, please shut up.
What's your problem?
You afraid you're going to jinx the team or something by giving them a little praise?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Moby Dick wrote:rack the rangers too BTW

1st place...pitching half decent...Praying for a mild summer :?

Take it easy on my Tigers...we're trying to get back to .500 and become a winning team. They just finished sweeping the Orioles to get them back to 2 under but I'm very nervous to see that Rangers' lineup come to the CoPa this week. Should be a great series...the Tigers and Rangers are tied for 8th in the majors in batting average but the great matchup will be the Rangers being 3rd in runs scored against the Tigers pitching that is 9th in ERA. They're coming off one of their best months that I can remember as far as pitching is concerned. Their problem has been losing one-run games and the lack of run production...23rd in the majors. The Tigers were able to take 2 of 3 from them at AmeriQuest Field but think the Rangers are playing a lot better now than they were back in the first part of the month.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

21 wins in May.......22 today

RACK the fuck out of the Padres....even though needing 9th inning doubles from my bench against the Brewers doesn't do my poor, aged heart any good.
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

Loganfan wrote:even though needing 9th inning doubles from my bench against the Brewers doesn't do my poor, aged heart any good.
Bruce Bochy in da hizzie?
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

1tnacU wrote:
Loganfan wrote:even though needing 9th inning doubles from my bench against the Brewers doesn't do my poor, aged heart any good.
Bruce Bochy in da hizzie?
I thought you knew?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: OK, I'm not RACKing the Padres OK?

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mikey wrote:But they're 20-6 in May, the most wins ever for the Pads in a month
Awful big event for such a long and storied team. They've only ha, what, 17 years of existence from which to pull?
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Re: OK, I'm not RACKing the Padres OK?

Post by Loganfan »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Mikey wrote:But they're 20-6 in May, the most wins ever for the Pads in a month
Awful big event for such a long and storied team. They've only ha, what, 17 years of existence from which to pull?
They're gonna be 22-6 after today....that's a damn good month regardless of who you are.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I know, but I gotta hate on the gold lame uniforms at every opportunity.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I know, but I gotta hate on the gold lame uniforms at every opportunity.
lame????

You gonna tell me you don't want one of the Winfield throw-back beauties?

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Sorry. I don't do the accent thing well. lame as in "lah-may"

The padres away uniforms are as gay as can be.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Who cares about the uniform when we beat the Cardinals at home.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

trev wrote:Who cares about the uniform when we beat the Cardinals at home.
For the first time in years.
:roll:
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

ALWAYS rack gold lamé Elvis. ALL. WAYS.
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Toddowen wrote:San Diego will never have a champion in any sport....

Sockers.....10 or 11 titles
Gulls......5 titles.....

Don't make stupid comments Todd.....it's very unbecoming.
Luckily.......even for those of us that bleed with every loss in SD, it's STILL not our entire life.
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

Loganfan wrote:
Toddowen wrote:any sport

Sockers.....
Gulls......

Rollerderby and Skeetshooting aren't "sports".
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

1tnacU wrote:
Loganfan wrote:
Toddowen wrote:any sport

Sockers.....
Gulls......

Rollerderby and Skeetshooting aren't "sports".
True.....but oddly enough soccer is played by most of the world, and THe Gulls are in the predominant hockey league in the country......'sup no NHL?

And are you REALLY gonna tell me you didn't used to watch the TBirds on Saturday mornings??

1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

There are 4 "sports"... that can be attributed to a city winning a title. RACK TardOwen for putting SD... and you... in its place = ETERNAL BITCHES.

0 Titles. 0 Takes.

Bye.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

1tnacU wrote:There are 4 "sports"... that can be attributed to a city winning a title. RACK TardOwen for putting SD... and you... in its place = ETERNAL BITCHES.

0 Titles. 0 Takes.

Bye.
:roll: ............ we play hockey as a past-time here and STILL won several titles.
You said "sports" right? Or will you now say it only counts if it's the NHL?
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

What do you mean "now"? As I already stated. 4 sports Those being NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL. Was that not clear enough for you?

If I said just "Basketball", could I come at you with UConn Men, UConn Women, WNBA, USBL, WBL, and CBA for Hartford CT titles? Fuck no. San Diego... like Hartford CT, has ZERO TITLES.

I might have counted 1963/64 as SD winning a title... because the AFL was cool and the Chargers had a sick offense. I wish I could have seen Alworth, Hadl, or Lincoln play. You could have regaled me with tales of Sid Gillman. Instead, you brought up figure skating and rodeo. Anyways... you now get nothing.

Seeing as how you like gay assed emoticons so much, enclosed please find two such animals... named after you:

:logan: :logan:
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

1tnacU wrote:What do you mean "now"? As I already stated. 4 sports Those being NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL. Was that not clear enough for you?

If I said just "Basketball", could I come at you with UConn Men, UConn Women, WNBA, USBL, WBL, and CBA for Hartford CT titles? Fuck no. San Diego... like Hartford CT, has ZERO TITLES.

I might have counted 1963/64 as SD winning a title... because the AFL was cool and the Chargers had a sick offense. I wish I could have seen Alworth, Hadl, or Lincoln play. You could have regaled me with tales of Sid Gillman. Instead, you brought up figure skating and rodeo. Anyways... you now get nothing.

Seeing as how you like gay assed emoticons so much, enclosed please find two such animals... named after you:

:logan: :logan:
Rack those smilies.

So when you say 'sports' you really mean LEAGUES.
For one that is so proud of his writing skills, you are really, really vague sometimes
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

1tnacU wrote:What do you mean "now"? As I already stated. 4 sports Those being NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL. Was that not clear enough for you?
NHL?
Please explain exactly what you're referring to here.

If you're going to accept defunct leagues in your hallowed list, then you definitely need to include the AFL, the All-American Conference, the American Association, Federal League, Union League, Players League and National Association of Professional Base Ball Players.
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

I'd bet a million dollars you had no clue the Chargers own an AFL Title.

Anyway...

If you were a chick, your 'vague' argument might hold water. When someone says 4 sports in regards to city owning a title, 99.9% of the men on this planet (who aren't gay) would know that means the 4 major sports. Good gawd.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

1tnacU wrote:I'd bet a million dollars you had no clue the Chargers own an AFL Title.
Some of the memorabilia in my garage would prove you wrong.