The genius that is Scott Walker

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

The genius that is Scott Walker

Post by Goober McTuber »

WATERTOWN — Gov. Scott Walker said Tuesday he agrees that delegates to the Republican national convention should be free to vote their conscience, even if that means not supporting presumptive nominee Donald Trump.

Walker is a former presidential candidate and a delegate to the convention next month. He told reporters following a groundbreaking at a sausage factory that he will follow Wisconsin Republican Party rules and cast his ballot for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the first round because Cruz won the state primary.

But he also left open the possibility that the rules could change between now and the convention next month, and gave credence to House Speaker Paul Ryan's comments from last week that delegates should vote their conscience.

"I think his comments are legitimate," Walker said. "I think historically, not just this year, delegates are and should be able to vote the way they see fit. ... We'll see how things go between now and the convention as to what the next steps are. I'm not going to speculate now only because you all know the situation may change by this afternoon, let alone between now and the convention."

Under Wisconsin rules, at-large delegates like Walker are bound to vote for whichever candidate won statewide. Cruz beat Trump by 13 points on April 5, the billionaire's last defeat before becoming the presumptive nominee. Delegates can switch their votes to another candidate only if they are released or the candidate fails to get 30 percent of the vote in any round at the convention.

Walker backed Cruz in the primary, then endorsed Trump when he became the presumptive nominee. But he wavered in his backing since Trump questioned the ability of a judge to be fair in a lawsuit involving Trump University because of the judge's Mexican heritage. Walker said he wanted Trump to rescind those comments and "I still haven't heard those clarified."

Even as Walker wavers, the top Republican in the Wisconsin state Senate repeated his call Tuesday for the GOP to get behind Trump. Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, R-Juneau, said attempts to abandon Trump for some other alternative "is just not going to work." Doing that would hurt other Republicans on the ballot, including U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson of Oshkosh, he said.
Never mind that the people have spoken and chosen Trump as their candidate. Delegates should just vote their conscience. Not that Snotty Walker even has one.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: The genius that is Scott Walker

Post by smackaholic »

Why the fukk do they even bother with primaries anymore?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Why the fukk do they even bother with primaries anymore?

Good question. Just think of all the money that was pissed down the drain during the whole primary fiasco. Why not just let each state party appoint a certain number of delegates at random from the county/parish registration lists. Let them go to a convention where any candidate gets say 15 minutes to plead their case, and bring it all to a vote.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

— ...groundbreaking at a sausage factory
He really should stick with sausage factories.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:
— ...groundbreaking at a sausage factory
He really should stick with sausage factories.
I was going to say.....
"He told reporters following a groundbreaking at a sausage factory"
why should it be a surprise that a Republican chose a sausage factory to make that announcement.....yeah, go ahead and change the rules further dividing an already fractionalized party......why have a primary? the question should be "why even have an election" if the Reps are going to hand the Presidency to Clinton on a silver platter which is exactly what they're doing with these buffoonish antics.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And don't forget...
Washington (CNN) — Donald Trump faces an extraordinary money deficit unheard of in modern presidential politics, entering the month with tens of millions of dollars less than Hillary Clinton.

Clinton's campaign had $42 million in the bank as of May 31, according to its report filed with the Federal Election Commission Monday. Her super PAC Priorities USA has $52 million.

Trump's campaign has $1.3 million.

The gulf emerges as Democrats lay out plans to spend that cash on an onslaught of television advertising that Trump has shown no urgency in matching. Clinton and her allied groups are planning to spend $117 million between Tuesday and Election Day on television -- much of it anti-Trump television -- while Trump and his groups have $700,000 in time awaiting him thus far.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Always with the glass being half empty, Goobs. The obverse of what Walker said is that it allows Cruz, Kasich, or Huckabee delegates to vote for Trump. Why are you always so negative, man?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:So Goobs is going to vote for Hillary, because she has more money to spend on campaigning than Trump does.

Doesn't that sort of go against everything a liberal would want? Oh wait. She's got that "D" next to her name, so it doesn't matter what she does.

Carry on.
Fat and stupid is no way to go through life, but you don't really have any other options. No, I won't vote for Hillary. Gary Johnson, maybe. Or a write-in.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:So Goobs is going to vote for Hillary, because she has more money to spend on campaigning than Trump does.

Doesn't that sort of go against everything a liberal would want? Oh wait. She's got that "D" next to her name, so it doesn't matter what she does.

Carry on.
Trumpster is going to get blow the fuck out and all you can muster in support is "WELL GOBBLES IS GOING TO VOTE HILLARY BECAUSE SHE HAS A D NEXT TO HER NAME!"

If you could even see your penis beneath your giant gut, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.