Anybody use Uber?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Anybody use Uber?

Post by Mikey »

Clinton. The best qualified candidate remaining.
Also Kamala Harris though I have some second thoughts about her.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Mikey wrote:Clinton. The best qualified candidate remaining.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Carson wrote:
Mikey wrote:Clinton. The best qualified candidate remaining.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a real incisive response.

So, you think Trump or Sanders is better qualified?

Let's hear what qualifications you think are important, and how either one of them better fits that description.
This should be good (if you can come up anything more than :lol: :lol: :lol:).

I notice trev hasn't responded yet. Probably nursing a hangover.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

What has she ever done that "qualifies" her for president, other than her fat ass residing in the USA?

What makes her more qualified than anyone else, when she's done nothing but wear a name tag and draw checks all of her life?

At least Trump can negotiate.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey wrote:

No Mikey. I was actually being respectful of you choice.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Carson wrote:What has she ever done that "qualifies" her for president, other than her fat ass residing in the USA?

What makes her more qualified than anyone else, when she's done nothing but wear a name tag and draw checks all of her life?

At least Trump can negotiate.
Nice try. No, wait, not even a decent attempt. You're dismissed.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:
Mikey wrote:

No Mikey. I was actually being respectful of you choice.
My apologies then. So, who are you voting for?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'm torn. Ugh. I guess Trump since I'm registered repub.

Not sure about him though.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I use Uber weekly. On a whole drivers are better than cabbies and the cars are in better shape. There are of course exceptions.

On issue Uber has is you can't make a time call. For example, yesterday I had an American Airlines 5:15am flight to catch. I wanted to be at the airport at 4:50am. That means I need to leave the house at 4:40am. I can call yellow cab the night before and set up a pick up for exactly 4:40am. I can also request Tony or Rob. Those two know the drill, and I tip them well. On the flip side if I wanted to Uber I would have to get my phone and see if a car was around. Then depending on the distance it might be 5-20 minutes before they show up. That just means an earlier wake up call to make sure there is time to find an Uber in the area to make sure I get there on time.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:I'm torn. Ugh. I guess Trump since I'm registered repub.

Not sure about him though.
Not much choice there in a closed primary. It could be interesting in the general though.

My two kids are both volunteering at polls today.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:I use Uber weekly. On a whole drivers are better than cabbies and the cars are in better shape. There are of course exceptions.

On issue Uber has is you can't make a time call. For example, yesterday I had an American Airlines 5:15am flight to catch. I wanted to be at the airport at 4:50am. That means I need to leave the house at 4:40am. I can call yellow cab the night before and set up a pick up for exactly 4:40am. I can also request Tony or Rob. Those two know the drill, and I tip them well. On the flip side if I wanted to Uber I would have to get my phone and see if a car was around. Then depending on the distance it might be 5-20 minutes before they show up. That just means an earlier wake up call to make sure there is time to find an Uber in the area to make sure I get there on time.
Definitely one area where Uber is at a disadvantage. Another is, as I mentioned earlier, places (and there are some) that have no cell phone coverage. You can't call for an Uber on a land line.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It would seem that for regular recurring trips such as the early morning airport runs, your best bet would be to make an ongoing friendship with an Uberer so you could set it up the day before with him directly. And if Uber has a problem with that, you just call your new buddy directly and pay him cash or paypal directly.

What is Uber's cut, BTW? If it is much at all, I am sure that plenty of people have already used this practice. Does Uber have any sort of policy to discourage this tactic such as firing drivers that do it, not that they really have any way of knowing.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:What is Uber's cut?
20% is what my daughter said when asked, seems about right.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:
smackaholic wrote:What is Uber's cut?
20% is what my daughter said when asked, seems about right.
Sounds fair enough. I suspect you end up with plenty of cases where the driver/rider just share numbers and do it directly for repeat bidness.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carson wrote:What has she ever done that "qualifies" her for president, other than her fat ass residing in the USA?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/ ... index.html

"I don't think there's ever been someone so qualified to hold this office," Obama said

:mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I will admit that she is more qualified than Barry was, but, that really isn't saying much.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Goober McTuber wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/ ... index.html

"I don't think there's ever been someone so qualified to hold this office," Obama said

:mrgreen:
A Demoncrat endorsing another Demoncrat.

Even one under a federal investigation.

I bet you and the boys down at the union hall are so proud.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You have a problem with being in a union?

Damn, you really are one ignorant waste of space.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Subterfuge, thy name is Mikey.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:You have a problem with being in a union?
Hell yes there are problems with unions. Twice I have had the opportunity to join and both times I said no. It was uncomfortable a few times in the NE but no big deal south of the Mason Dixon line.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:
Mikey wrote:You have a problem with being in a union?
Hell yes there are problems with unions. Twice I have had the opportunity to join and both times I said no. It was uncomfortable a few times in the NE but no big deal south of the Mason Dixon line.

I don't think you got the point. I'm pretty sure I didn't say that there are no problems with unions.

Carson was basically saying:

Evil Democrat <=> Union hall thug

Sure there are asshole Democrats, just like there are asshole Republicans, and there are problems with unions as well as important functions that they server.

But I'm pretty sure that all Democrats aren't evil or necessarily union members, and vice versa.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

No, what I was saying is that Joe Sixpack is scratching his head.

His union dues are going toward 1st degree political wankery.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Of course not all of them are, but damn near all of them in Union dominated states are. Don't want to piss off your biggest donors.

The worst part of unions is they often take skill and incentive out of the hands of their members.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote: We went to a special dinner at a winery that we're members of, and had wine pairings with each course.
How Californiaian. Is that like Costco where you pay a fee and get a card ?/ Member of a winery..do you get a discount on country club memberships as well ?
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I drive for both Lyft and Uber, since I'm semi-retired it's fun and easy to do. I work 60 to 80 hours a month and am clearing about 20 an hour after expenses. I drive a nice clean 2010 Impala a perfect taxi car, I see shitloads of fine pussy and get into some great conversations along the way. work when i want to and since I know the town I'm quick and effecient. Have a great ratings at both and having a great time along the way. I prefer Lyft, it pays better, has some great driver bonuses, and has a better app. When it's slow I use both GPS beacons and I stay busy, no need on busy days, just use Lyft because the pay is 50+ % more than Uber.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Unions are fine.....when they are not mandatory. When they are mandatory, they are shit.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:Of course not all of them are, but damn near all of them in Union dominated states are. Don't want to piss off your biggest donors.
There are no union dominated states. Get your head out of your ass.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Wrong. I lived in MA and that state is completely Union dominated. My freaking admin was in a union. Nice lady, horrible admin. She loved to say not my job and she apparently was correct. After about 7 months I just had them eliminate the position and I went without an admin.

The worst was the toll workers on the Mass Pike. They were making close to 6 figures for nothing more than handing drivers a card which showed the fees per exit. This literally required zero thought just the ability to hand out a card. These same folks of course fought automation which would have sped up traffic.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:
Mikey wrote: We went to a special dinner at a winery that we're members of, and had wine pairings with each course.
How Californiaian. Is that like Costco where you pay a fee and get a card ?/ Member of a winery..do you get a discount on country club memberships as well ?
No, and no.

Assuming you're really as pathetically ignorant as you seem to be, it's how about 99% of wineries in the US sell their product.
Including the ones in Oregon, BTW.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Maybe California just seems like a union dominated state. You know, when millions of state money in union dues goes to pay for political campaigns.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:
Derron wrote:

Assuming you're really as pathetically ignorant as you seem to be, it's how about 99% of wineries in the US sell their product.

Going to have to call bull crap on the 99% number. I am not a member of any winery and have purchased plenty in my day. I also don't know a single person that is a member (well other than yourself) but they still manage to purchase wine.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:

Going to have to call bull crap on the 99% number. I am not a member of any winery and have purchased plenty in my day. I also don't know a single person that is a member (well other than yourself) but they still manage to purchase wine.
I didn't say that 99% of wine was sold that way. Probably 99% is NOT sold that way, but through regular retail outlets and restaurants. In fact, Costco is the largest volume retailer of wine in the US. I buy most of my wine at Costco.

But most wineries, and there are thousands that you've never heard of, sell their wines directly through the winery, with a discount and access to "exclusive" releases and events, for regular quarterly or semi-annual purchases - i.e. their wine club. 99% may be an exaggeration but 90% is probably reasonable. A large percentage of those wineries have NO retail distribution other than through a few restaurants or local stores.