Anybody use Uber?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Anybody use Uber?

Post by War Wagon »

As either a driver or passenger?

My daughter just signed up to be a driver a few days ago and anytime she logs in as "available", she's got a fare in minutes. One after another. Easy money and no bad riders yet. Being a college softball coach and teacher, she basically has 3 months downtime every year. This seems to be the perfect part time summer job while still being paid her monthly salary.

Over/under on the lesbian cracks is less time than it takes to drive from our house to KCI airport. The only question being... who will be the first to swing at the hanging curve ball? Try not to whiff on the meatball, you degenerate fags and pedos.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Anybody use Uber?

Post by smackaholic »

She should trade the wrangler in for an Outback. More comfy for her passengers and better mileage.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

She drives a 4 door Toyota Corrola, (which took me aback for awhile, seeing it parked in the driveway beside a Gran Prix and Malibu), where did you get "wrangler" from? Anyways, it gets good gas mileage. I suppose it's comfy enough for somebodies who just want to get from point A to point B.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Don't use, but gave it a thought to make some extra caysh. The thought has since passed on.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:As either a driver or passenger?

My daughter just signed up to be a driver a few days ago and anytime she logs in as "available", she's got a fare in minutes. One after another. Easy money and no bad riders yet. Being a college softball coach and teacher, she basically has 3 months downtime every year. This seems to be the perfect part time summer job while still being paid her monthly salary.

Over/under on the lesbian cracks is less time than it takes to drive from our house to KCI airport. The only question being... who will be the first to swing at the hanging curve ball? Try not to whiff on the meatball, you degenerate fags and pedos.
Hey Wags, no "cracks" so to speak... :grin: Anyway, have used Uber and know people who drive for it. Overall, less expensive than cabs. Vehicle quality is hit and miss, though my last driver had an Escalade, so pretty nice ride. Drivers are also a mixed bag, but usually reliable and Uber gets there much quicker than a cab. Hope that helps.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:She drives a 4 door Toyota Corrola, (which took me aback for awhile, seeing it parked in the driveway beside a Gran Prix and Malibu), where did you get "wrangler" from? Anyways, it gets good gas mileage. I suppose it's comfy enough for somebodies who just want to get from point A to point B.
Guess that flew right over your fly-over dome. No surprise. Try googling official lesbian car.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Here you go Wags. Somebody has to educate you fukkin' flyover hillbillies.

http://roygbiv.jezebel.com/these-are-th ... 1569142181
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote: Try googling official lesbian car.
I confess that I didn't know there was an official lesbian car and also that I will never search for it. In some cases, ignorance is bliss

Leave it to a cockaholic to be aware of such mundane trivia. Did you learn of that in research for taking an online quiz about the LGBT lifestyle agenda?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You the most blissful sum'bitch on this board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

As long as I can take my meds, as prescribed, I'm at least in the top 5.

What's your excuse?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:As long as I can take my meds, as prescribed, I'm at least in the top 5.

What's your excuse?
Do you always have to play to the stereotype? Unreal.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sudden Sam wrote:
War Wagon wrote:She drives a 4 door Toyota Corrola, (which took me aback for awhile, seeing it parked in the driveway beside a Gran Prix and Malibu)
I'll bet. Must be weird to have a car that's reliable and doesn't have a puddle of oil under it.
We can relate.

Sin,
Harley owners
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

We've used Uber twice. Kind of hit and miss

First time was in San Francisco to get from our hotel at 4th and Market to a restaurant at Bush and Stockton, about 0.9 mile away. It was rush hour on a Friday evening so the traffic was pretty bad. The first driver was a moron and couldn't figure out how to get where we were, so he texted me to cancel the ride. The next guy made it to our hotel and knew exactly how to get where we were going. Prolly could have walked there faster if we had been dressed for a one mile uphill climb.

Second time was two weekends ago in Paso Robles. We went to a special dinner at a winery that we're members of, and had wine pairings with each course. We drove there from the hotel, about 11 miles on winding back roads. My brother was also there, staying with a somewhat well off friend that lives in the area, and they hired a limo for the evening. After a fair amount of wine, we decided to take the limo back to our hotel. Ubered back to the winery the next day to get our car. The driver was very knowledgeable and informative about the area (had been a limo driver in the past). Most of the wineries on the back roads in Paso have no cell phone service, so Uber has a service where you can hire a car for the mileage plus $0.50/minute down time. Not cheap but cheaper than a limo and a good alternative if you're going to be doing a lot of tasting.

Both times we used Uber we had SUVs. First one a Ford Flex and the second one an Explorer. Not sure I'd want to pay for a ride in the back seat of a Corolla.

A friend of mine drives for Uber. He has a Chrysler mini van. The guy can be somewhat lacking in reserve in his conversation, and some of his passengers didn't apparently appreciate that. When his average rating fell below 4.5 he had to go to a class to learn to be nice.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I was just thinking, Wags, lil' miss wagette may also run into ADA issues. You get some old fat dude with a bum hip like mikey and he ain't gonna appreciate having to climb into a lifted Wrangler. Yeah, the Outback is sounding better by the minute.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:I was just thinking
Yes, that can be a problem.

Sometimes, it's best to think twice before even logging in. In your case, thrice would better serve when hovering over that dratted submit button,
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't have an Uber account. I live in a city with a plethora of transportation options and where cab service is relatively robust, convenient and on time. Plus, it's usually easy to get one. I also prefer the anonymity of taxis. As a jizz mopper, I don't like how Uber not only keeps all my data but sells it.

I also don't like Uber drivers rating me. What the fuck? The only tracking I will consent to is a credit card transaction, nothing else. Finally, I don't like how Uber is entering the sub prime mortgage business to sell cars to its drivers, either. Sounds so slimy.

But I can say if I lived in a city where cab service was terrible (like Grand Rapids), I can definitely see myself using it much much more, especially when going out. GR is a taxi desert outside of downtown and it is (probably) very difficult to get one to come out to the burbs. They'll come get you (almost) anywhere and get you home. That is great. Plus as everyone says, they're cheaper.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I was just thinking
Yes, that can be a problem.

Sometimes, it's best to think twice before even logging in. In your case, thrice would better serve when hovering over that dratted submit button,

RACK!

Sincerely,
That was fucking stale in 1998

But about as expected from a IKYABWAI Master.

Screw_Michigan wrote: But I can say if I lived in a city where cab service was terrible (like Portland), I can definitely see myself using it much much more, especially when going out. Portland is a taxi desert outside of downtown and it is (definitely) very difficult to get one to come out to the burbs.

FTFY

But there's buses/trains up the yingyang (although the last one leaves downtown around 1AM, which makes going out to party challenging.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey wrote:
First time was in San Francisco to get from our hotel at 4th and Market to a restaurant at Bush and Stockton, about 0.9 mile away.
Lazy slug. You should have walked.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We walked back with a mile detour past the top of Nob Hill, then about 7 miles the next day. Up through Chinatown to North Beach and then Coit Tower, down the stairs to the Embarcadero, over to Fisherman's Warf and then took the Powell St cable car back.

Plenty of walking actually.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

We've used Uber many times. We take the train to SLO and usually walk everywhere, but take one to our hotel so we aren't schlepping our suitcases down the road. There, we get white liberal hippies picking us up in their Prius.

In San Diego, it's usually while drinking and we get mostly young white men or women who are very friendly with very clean cars of different varieties.

In Nashville, about the same. White, friendly people. Which is nice. You get to chat up where everyones from and been and the vehicles nice to ride in.

For our father in law, we call Uber if we don't feel like picking him up or taking him home. He loves it. We order him a "black" uber, which is a fancier vehicle. In our little community, it's often an a-rab picking him up. Which might bother him a bit, but what are you going to do when you can't drive.

Yes, this is a racial post. Kiss my white ass if you don't like it.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Always take Uber, mostly on the strength of cabbies generally being assholes.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Taxis here are very clean black Mercedes and the drivers wear suit and tie.

Uber is still popular, though, probably because of price.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

trev wrote:We've used Uber many times. We take the train to SLO and usually walk everywhere, but take one to our hotel so we aren't schlepping our suitcases down the road. There, we get white liberal hippies picking us up in their Prius.

In San Diego, it's usually while drinking and we get mostly young white men or women who are very friendly with very clean cars of different varieties.

In Nashville, about the same. White, friendly people. Which is nice. You get to chat up where everyones from and been and the vehicles nice to ride in.

For our father in law, we call Uber if we don't feel like picking him up or taking him home. He loves it. We order him a "black" uber, which is a fancier vehicle. In our little community, it's often an a-rab picking him up. Which might bother him a bit, but what are you going to do when you can't drive.

Yes, this is a racial post. Kiss my white ass if you don't like it.
Why do you care so much if the drivers of your temporary transportation method are white? Do you prefer to blow them instead of tipping them?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:Kiss my white ass.
Just regurgitated a little of my breakfast. Thanks a lot.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Article in today's News-Press about how the licensed cab companies are hurting because of Uber. Wonder if that's common.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You wonder if it's common that a $60 billion company that offers faster service and cheaper fares is hurting the cab industry? Really?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

In Trev-speak, I guess you could call the bulk of my drivers "one of the good ones"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I have considered doing this as I am usually at an airport at the end of the day. Can you specify which direction you are looking for a fare in? Getting someone to pay you to drive home at the end of your work day would be kinda nice. Only problem is that my tools/parts frequently overflow from the trunk into the rear seat. It would make a fare of 2 people/luggage a slight problem. 3 would be impossible.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

smackaholic wrote:I have considered doing this as I am usually at an airport at the end of the day. Can you specify which direction you are looking for a fare in? Getting someone to pay you to drive home at the end of your work day would be kinda nice. Only problem is that my tools/parts frequently overflow from the trunk into the rear seat. It would make a fare of 2 people/luggage a slight problem. 3 would be impossible.
What?

I think I know what you are saying. No, you can't drive people around with tools in their seats. Get another vehicle that would fit your stuff and a couple riders/luggage. That sounds very lucrative for you.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Why do you care so much if the drivers of your temporary transportation method are white? Do you prefer to blow them instead of tipping them?
Because. I certainly would not want Chinks, Muslims, Mexicans, etc. driving me around. Blacks would be ok, on both accounts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:Kiss my white ass
Sounds like a lovely starting point.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Because. I certainly would not want Chinks, Muslims, Mexicans, etc. driving me around. Blacks would be ok, on both accounts.
How the fuck did Pickle get Trev's password?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

trev wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I have considered doing this as I am usually at an airport at the end of the day. Can you specify which direction you are looking for a fare in? Getting someone to pay you to drive home at the end of your work day would be kinda nice. Only problem is that my tools/parts frequently overflow from the trunk into the rear seat. It would make a fare of 2 people/luggage a slight problem. 3 would be impossible.
What?

I think I know what you are saying. No, you can't drive people around with tools in their seats. Get another vehicle that would fit your stuff and a couple riders/luggage. That sounds very lucrative for you.
I have no interest in getting a vehicle just to do uber and I am gainfully employed. I am simply talking about killing 2 birds with one stone. If I am already at the airport and headed home, why the fukk not have a passenger to give me a few bucks extra for a drive I am already making. My question is, can I asy I am available for a single person, headed in a particular direction. I thought I explained it clearly enough the first time, but then again, I haven't been hitting the kettle one bottle yet today.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
trev wrote:Kiss my white ass
Sounds like a lovely starting point.
You probably drive around with your tool on the seat.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
trev wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
How the fuck did Pickle get Trev's password?
Vote for Trump.

"Making Racism Cool Again"

Trev probably has a pile of Trump gear already, and wears it every day.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey, Who are you voting for tomorrow?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:Mikey, Who are you voting for tomorrow?
Nobody
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

You have an obligation to vote. Figures you would not.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I voted two weeks ago. What about you?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey wrote:I voted two weeks ago. What about you?
Who did you vote for 2 weeks ago? If you want to say.

I'm voting tomorrow.