College Playoff: Call it!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

College Playoff: Call it!

Post by Shoalzie »

We'll know at noon but what's it going to be?

#1 Clemson: close win against hot Tar Heel team but running the table has to count for something; best team all year long.
#2 Alabama: Florida wasn't the same since Grier was suspended; Tide didn't do anything to jump Clemson.
#3 Michigan State: absolutely worthy of being a top 4 team but does the committee have them jump the Sooners because of this extra win or was the B1G champ slotted for #4 regardless? I say option A. I think Iowa would've jumped Oklahoma also if they won.
#4 Oklahoma: wouldn't shock me if the committee keeps them #3 but the fact they didn't get an extra quality win added to their resume, advantage B1G champ. Michigan State now has wins over Iowa (neutral site), Ohio State (road), Michigan (road) and Oregon (home).

= = = =

#5 Stanford: very good season but the 2nd loss costs them.
#6 Ohio State: best non-conference champ team but not good enough to jump any of the power 5 champs.
#7 Iowa: quality season but lacks a showcase win; they absolutely needed to win yesterday to get in.
#8 Notre Dame: two quality losses on the road; had a legit shot at the playoff if they beat Stanford.

I'm cooling on the need for an 8-team playoff because you watch yesterday and that was basically the quarterfinals. With 5 power conferences, you kinda leave the door open for expanding the playoff but do you want to give at-large teams a 2nd or 3rd shot? You look at team like Houston...do you give them a shot in an 8-team field? 8 is the absolute limit on the playoff but I think having just 4 team gets the job done in most seasons.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: College Playoff: Call it!

Post by Moby Dick »

Clemson
MSU
Bama
Oklahoma
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

^ That stat can't possibly be right.

Were the teams ranked top 25 at the time they played? Memphis isn't ranked anymore. Only 3 American Conference teams are currently ranked...including Houston. They've beaten Navy and Temple (currently in the top 25). At most, Houston beat 3 ranked opponents that were ranked when they played.

Alabama has beaten 6 ranked teams (ranked at the time). Only LSU and Florida are still ranked.

Iowa's only remain ranked team they've beaten is Northwestern. Iowa along with Alabama beat Wisconsin when they were ranked at the time.

Ohio State didn't play a ranked team until Michigan State and they lost but has a win over a ranked Michigan.

Must be some crazy SEC math that came up with that stat...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Style wise...the matchups make sense.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Semi 1: Clemson over Okies

Semi 2: MSU over Tide

Championship: MSU over Clemson
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Clemson
Oklahoma
Alabama
MSU

Should have made my pick.

OU over Clemson
MSU over Alabama

Oklahoma over Sparty
2rd
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I think the Sooners kick the shit out of Clemson and the MSU-Alabama game will be similar to what we saw last night in the B1G championship game with a low scoring defensive affair and the winner being determined late in the game. Not sure who I'd pick in this one, but probably MSU. You know, B1G, B1G, B1G and all.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

My heart says MSU over Oklahoma.

My head says Oklahoma over Alabama.

My dick says FUCK YEAH!!
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Yall have way more confidence in my Sooners than i do.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not me, Dave, I see Okie as one and done. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:Not me, Dave, I see Okie as one and done. :mrgreen:
Agreed. OU is totally overrated. Any team that got kicked in the dick by Texas has no business in the final four, IMO.

MSU v Clemson >>> MSU wins.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Not me, Dave, I see Okie as one and done. :mrgreen:
Agreed. OU is totally overrated. Any team that got kicked in the dick by Texas has no business in the final four, IMO.

MSU v Clemson >>> MSU wins.
That's what I'm thinking, too. But for an inept official, MSU is also undefeated and probably #1.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:How do y'all see Michigan State being able to move the ball at all on Alabama's D?

160 rushing ypg for MSU. Alabama gives up 74 ypg.

Connor Cook's shoulder better heal before December 31st!

Bama's offense is what worries me...too much stuttering.
Yes, Sparty may have problems moving the ball against the 'Bama defense, but not as much as 'Bama will have trying to score against the Sparty D.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:
That's what I'm thinking, too. But for an inept official, MSU is also undefeated and probably #1.
Oh, we are going to play that game? If the Michigan punter could catch, Michigan beats MSU.

:hfal:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:How do y'all see Michigan State being able to move the ball at all on Alabama's D?

160 rushing ypg for MSU. Alabama gives up 74 ypg.

Connor Cook's shoulder better heal before December 31st!

Bama's offense is what worries me...too much stuttering.
Cook's shoulder is my main concern. With almost a month to heal up, I think he'll be fine, though it could be one of those things that is more serious than they're letting on. But, if he suits up and plays the whole game, no excuses.

MSU will struggle to run the ball consistently on Bama. The hope is that, in turn, MSU will contain Henry and this game will come down to who plays better between Cook and Coker.

I know about their front 7, but how good is Bama's secondary? It looked like Florida had some open WRs who either dropped the ball or Treon Harris couldn't find them. If the run game isn't working, MSU can do other things. They can spread 'em out and go full aerial if they have to. See the Baylor game last year. But ideally they'd rather sit on the ball and churn out long drives like at the end against Iowa.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Oh, we are going to play that game? If the Michigan punter could catch, Michigan beats MSU.

:hfal:
That game was decided by the players. Not some inept official. Try again.