The SEC

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: The SEC

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Can you imagine how many years we'd have been talking about how much the SEC sucked if it wasn't for the god damn BCS propping them up every year?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'm calling bullshit.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Can you imagine how many years we'd have been talking about how much the SEC sucked if it wasn't for the god damn BCS propping them up every year?
Yeah, imagine... :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:the SEC at #3 - being tied with the Big 12 ]

No. I think if the top 3-4 teams in each league squared off, I think the SEC would mop the floor with them. Heck, put the B12 against the SEC top 10 against the SEC top 10, and it might be a sweep.

But this discussion came up today -- not sure how it happened, but the B1G is probably the toughest league this season. Although the bottom half is pretty freaking weak. The bottom tier of the PAC is much better than the B1G, but the top half isn't as strong.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Gee, SECBSH is applying the Transitive Theory, in which wins on the road don't count for much?

Shocked, I tell's ya.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Iowa is undefeated, but who have they beaten and how impressive have they been? They beat Wisconsin, 10-6. Bama beat the Badgers like Ray Rice whupped his old lady.
So according to this logic are you prepared to admit that Memphis is better than Alabama?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Iowa is a good team. I don't think they're playoff caliber good, but they're sound in all phases. The problem is their schedule is so rifuckulously bad, we won't know exactly how good they are if and until the play in the ccg.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:At this point, I'd say Florida, LSU, and Alabama are far from mediocre. Next Saturday may force changes to this statement. If Tennessee (who forced Oklahoma to OT) gives Alabama a hard time, I'll have to revamp my thinking about the Tide. UA has to get Ryan Kelly healthy. When he went out with a concussion, the O-line came unglued.

Texas A&M made Arizona State look bad. A&M plays Mississippi this weekend...that should be interesting.

How the f**k did Alabama lose to Ole Miss?! I have yet to see that game. 5 turnovers are tough to overcome apparently.

Georgia, Missouri, Kentucky, UT, Miss State, Arkansas, and Auburn are all mediocre as hell. I think Arkansas will blow Auburn off the field Saturday. South Carolina and Vandy should be in the ACC this year.

So who in the B1G is so impressive? Ohio State, MSU and Michigan are all they have. Iowa is undefeated, but who have they beaten and how impressive have they been? They beat Wisconsin, 10-6. Bama beat the Badgers like Ray Rice whupped his old lady. (I lose points for insensitivity there.)

ACC? Clemson and FSU is it. And FSU has shown me nothing.

PAC12? Stanford and Utah. That's it.

Big12? Baylor and who? TCU sucks on defense, which is so weird for a Gary Patterson team (at least until last year.) Oklahoma? Shocked at how they handled KSU, but remember this is the Sooner team that Tennessee had 17-3 and lost to in OT. Tennessee. And Texas beat 'em. Texas.

So nobody in the country has more good teams than the SEC, as per usual. Is the middle of the B1G or anyone else better than the mediocre middle-dwellers of the SEC? I don't think so.
This post is the epitome of what is wrong with college football today. ESPiN/SECPN Hog wash.

When Alabama has a loss to a shit team it's "How did that happen." When any other school (i.e. Oklahoma here) does so it is "But they lost to Insert Random Team Here."

Like their shit shows smells any better than our shit shows; the data says otherwise but I'll get to that.

While we're on the subject of Tennessee, and I quote "but remember this is the Sooner team that Tennessee had 17-3 and lost to in OT. Tennessee." . . . Florida is clearly a juggernaught from their resume of eeking out that one point victory against the same [Multiple expletives] Tennessee team in Gainesville.

Didn't the Big 12 win their only two inter-conference match ups on SEC fields this season?

The spin is stronger than a Cat 5 hurricane in this post. You should run a Presidential campaign . . .
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

One thing the SEC does have is a great PR team at CBS.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: The spin is stronger than a Cat 5 hurricane in this post. You should run a Presidential campaign . . .
Actually I'm Ben Carson's campaign manager. :grin:

No, you make good points SCS, but...

If you're suggesting that Mississippi is as bad a team as Texas, I think you're mistaken. Texas manhandled your Sooners. Ole Miss scored on a freakish play and benefited from 5 TOs. It happened. Alabama lost. But the Tide outgained Ole Miss, had double the rushing yardage, almost double the 1st downs, etc. And a much better team than Texas beat 'em.

As far as good teams in the SEC, it's down to Alabama and LSU. And if either Miss State or Auburn sneaks up on Bama and beats them, the SEC will prove to have NOTHING.
I'm suggesting you're biased and full of shit. I'll take any Big 12 Champs chances against Bama in a potential playoff.

Oklahoma loses by a touchdown while giving up fewer yards than the example you're using in your defense and it's getting manhandled. Bama does the same thing it's justa freak accident they can't protect the ball and Ole Miss could. Keep spinning, the emperor has no clothes.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'd love to play Baylor, Okie State, or Oklahoma.
At the Sugar Bowl, no doubt.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:Gee, SECBSH is applying the Transitive Theory, in which wins on the road don't count for much?

Shocked, I tell's ya.
Just for hahas, I googled transitive theory (yes, I knew what it was, kinda :oops: ) and it said that while it worked well in math, it wasn't applicable to teams beating one another.

BTW, I think your apostrophe above is incorrect. I realize it is a made up word, but they gots rules for them too.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Citadel beats South Carolina. Florida currently in OT with Florida Atlantic.

Good thing the SEC schedules these late November "breathers." :lol:
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

See these are tuff teams and tuff games. You need to back away from giving us crap about scheduling these amazing teams. We shouldn't be punished for playing these teams.

Sincerely,

SEC honks
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Iowa is a good team. I don't think they're playoff caliber good, but they're sound in all phases. The problem is their schedule is so rifuckulously bad, we won't know exactly how good they are if and until the play in the ccg.
I totally agree. Iowa beat Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road for quality wins, and Pitt at home. They haven't really blown out their lesser opponents and seem to play just good enough to win...so far, and, as an Iowa fan, I'm looking forward to the CCG as a litmus test to see just how good they might be. I was hoping for a game against an undefeated tOSU, but Sparty ended that matchup yesterday. All that said, I think there are at least 4 teams in the country better than Iowa but, should they win out and make the playoffs, I won't give a shit about that. They have to beat the Huskers on Friday to keep any playoff hopes alive, and I'm anxious to see that game...even if I'll be freezing my ass off in Lincoln. The warming powers of Fireball will be seriously tested.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:I totally agree. Iowa beat Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road for quality wins, and Pitt at home. They haven't really blown out their lesser opponents and seem to play just good enough to win...so far, and, as an Iowa fan, I'm looking forward to the CCG as a litmus test to see just how good they might be. I was hoping for a game against an undefeated tOSU, but Sparty ended that matchup yesterday. All that said, I think there are at least 4 teams in the country better than Iowa but, should they win out and make the playoffs, I won't give a shit about that. They have to beat the Huskers on Friday to keep any playoff hopes alive, and I'm anxious to see that game...even if I'll be freezing my ass off in Lincoln. The warming powers of Fireball will be seriously tested.
Nebraska is a dangerous team with a shitty record. I think Iowa will have less trouble with the Huskers than MSU did because their pass defense is better.

Main concern for MSU going forward is Cook's health. There is no timetable on his shoulder injury. I think MSU will beat Penn State with or without him, but they will need him to beat Iowa in the ccg.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:The SEC sucks BADLY this year. Not sure they will win a single bowl game. Florida almost getting beat by Florida Meetingblackpeopledownbythewaterfountain and CITADEL beating SC?

And Auburn - can't even cover a spread against I Da Ho?

Just fucking pathetic.

'Bama may well get trounced in their opening round game. I'd move them back now just from the conference they're in.
You are one reactionary dude. I like to crack on the SEC as much as anyone, but let's not get crazy here. :lol:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:The SEC sucks BADLY this year. Not sure they will win a single bowl game. Florida almost getting beat by Florida Meetingblackpeopledownbythewaterfountain and CITADEL beating SC?

And Auburn - can't even cover a spread against I Da Ho?

Just fucking pathetic.

'Bama may well get trounced in their opening round game. I'd move them back now just from the conference they're in.
You are one reactionary dude. I like to crack on the SEC as much as anyone, but let's not get crazy here. :lol:
Nope - this isn't reactionary at all, dude. Review the season.

Arkansas gets beat by Toledo
Auburn beats Jacksonville State in OT
Auburn struggles against San Jose State
Florida beats East Carolina by 1 TD
Florida beats Vandy 9-7
Florida beats Florida Atlantic in OT
Georgia beats Georgia Southern in OT
Kentucky beats LA-Lafeyette by 7
Kentucky beats Eastern KY in OT
Mizzou beats Arkansas State by 7
Mizzou beats UConn 9-6
Ole Miss loses to Memphis
South Carolina loses to the Citadel
Texas A&M loses to Auburn at home
Vandy loses to Western Kentucky
Vandy beats Mid Tennessee by 4
Vandy loses to Houston 0-34
Vandy is Vandy

These are just inexcusable examples of horseshit. The SEC was going downhill last year, but it's bad this year. Really bad...
if the SEC was all that bad, Vandy would be throwing down, kicking all kinds of hillbilly ass....and winning like 3 or 4 conference games instead of 1 or 2 (in the every third year they beat UK).

ATM will always disappoint. that's how they do. they constantly lose big games at Kyle and everyone talks about how great Kyle Field and the 12th man....weird stuff. Kevin Sumlin is living them right through this Charlie Strong moment where they could be "the team" in the Great State of Texas....with all the ESPN/SEC monies and uncritical bluster....but he's winning 8 games and being average. just like Francione had a chance when Mack "couldn't win the Big Game".....winning 7 or 8 games and a bunch of towels. and they'll hire some clown like Mike Sherman who will also win 7 games a year...and turned Brett Favre in his prime into 9 NFL wins in the NFC Whatever with 2 games a year against Detroit....who was a DC once for RC Slocum or Saint Jackie Sherrill.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

all that said, Godspeed Gary Pinkel.

like i said one time, when Chase Daniel touches himself in the shower....new worlds are born.

MIZ--
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

shutyomouth, are any of the conferences top heavy?
"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Pac 12 is middle heavy.

Maybe a low carb diet would help.