Michigan/Sparty

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Michigan/Sparty

Post by Mikey »

Very competitive. A lot of dropped passes by Sparty though.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:Very competitive. A lot of dropped passes by Sparty though.
Yeah - but some damned good defense by both sides. Gotta feeling this one's going to go down to the last snap...
Seems like it. Too many damned replays too.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

As long as Sparty keeps it within 7 I'm good.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sort of wondering about the play calling at 2nd and 19. Seems like they should have been going for 7 or 8 per play.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Papa Willie wrote:HOLY FUCKING JESUS.
How?
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Alrighty then.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Oh shit. That's #2 to Cal-Stanford
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:Very competitive. A lot of dropped passes by Sparty though.
Yeah - but some damned good defense by both sides. Gotta feeling this one's going to go down to the last snap...
Guess you were right.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

The dumbfounded nerd was priceless. Poor guy just bought himself a trip to the meme HOF. Haha.
"Keys, woman!"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:The dumbfounded nerd was priceless. Poor guy just bought himself a trip to the meme HOF. Haha.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No doubt.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I missed the nerd. Was it on the level of Stunned Aggie?

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

"Keys, woman!"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I'll take a whack.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

"Keys, woman!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Wolvie noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That there is karma, bitches, for 8 months of non-stop Harbaugh blowing by the media and fans.

But seriously. It was a great game. UM is very good.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

"You've got to be pooping me!"
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That there is karma, bitches, for 8 months of non-stop Harbaugh blowing by the media and fans.
He was getting blown for good reason. Anyone here other than shit trolls have Michigan being a top ten team at any point this year? Say what you will, Hairball can fucking coach.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Of course he can coach. Guy up the road from him can coach too. Everyone around here seemed to forget about that.

Order maintained.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wolvie noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That there is karma, bitches, for 8 months of non-stop Harbaugh blowing by the media and fans.

But seriously. It was a great game. UM is very good.
Almost as hilarious as the -7 Harbaugh dong slurping Vegas gave UM before the game was all the Walvies defending the line as legit because UM was 6-0 ATS while MSU was 4-2. Line should have been -3 or -3.5 or -4 at the most for UM, the -7 was insulting.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Actually MSU was 0-6 ATS. -7.5 was still pretty ridiculous though for an in-state rivalry that MSU has owned the last 8 years, and a game most knew would be a defensive battle.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

And the final tally is one dislocated hip, one embarrassed Ann Arbor reporter and one Michigan fan recovering from a heart attack.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... ll/411160/

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:This is a grown man, folks. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/scott.edwards. ... 670154213/
Carr guy?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

BTW if Harbaugh is God's gift to coaching, you would think he would know how to set his punt coverage. He basically had 4 guys trying to block 10. Granted it still took a crazy return for MSU to score, but Harbaugh did his punter no favors there, sending gunners down field when MSU had nobody back to receive the punt. In the infamous words of John L. Smith, "that was a dang coaching mistake!"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Not sure why they were even punting.

This may be a dumb question but...

Ten seconds on the clock (did Sparty have any timeouts left?), 4th and 2 at the MSU 47. Why didn't they just run the ball, either into the line (maybe get a first down) or a sweep and try to run all 10 seconds off the clock? Either way they either run out the clock of MSU has one desperation play left, and not chance for a FG. A punt was riskier from both the perspective of getting blocked or returned.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Running a play deep in your own territory with 10 seconds left was probly a bit too risky. If you don't get the 1st or don't drain the clock, then MSU has the ball instantly in FG range only down 2. I thought punting the ball was the right move, they just didn't line up in the correct formation to counter the all-out punt block, and the punter basically shit his pants when he saw a stampede of unblocked guys in white looking to take his life.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

When your team goes for the win on a Hail Mary or a long field goal, most of the time you know the outcome is going to go one way or the other and so celebration is a natural reaction if they convert. But that play...I wasn't even prepared for that scenario. Immediate reaction was shock/disbelief, then waiting for a flag or something that would nullify the play. MSU finds themselves in these types of games all the time so I should be getting used to this shit.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Michigan's 2nd TD was a gift from an officiating crew that must have been borrowed from the PAC. Michigan runner's progress was stopped for 3 or 4 or 6 seconds and they never blew a whistle. Can't remember when I've seen that many calls reviewed and reversed in a game. Should have been 3 in a row right there.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Running a play deep in your own territory with 10 seconds left was probly a bit too risky. If you don't get the 1st or don't drain the clock, then MSU has the ball instantly in FG range only down 2. I thought punting the ball was the right move, they just didn't line up in the correct formation to counter the all-out punt block, and the punter basically shit his pants when he saw a stampede of unblocked guys in white looking to take his life.
I get that but they weren't deep in their own territory. They were on the Sparty 47, way out of FG range.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

:doh: You're right, I thought they were deeper than that. I had a few adult beverages which may have clouded my memory.

I still would've punted.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It sucks...of course. They appeared to have escaped with that game. State had several chances to take that game away from them in the second half. I felt comfortable for a moment when they made 9 but State answered back with the Pendleton play. It was butt-hole puckering, stomach ache-inducing the rest of the way.

Harbaugh brought it up during the week...State was at an advantage that they've dealt with close games this year. The shutout streak was great but they played weak teams that gave up by the end of the 3rd quarter. The one game Michigan faced a test...they lost to Utah.

In terms of the state of the program and the rivalry...I loved seeing a game with State matter again. The team is pretty much ahead of schedule in my view. They weren't supposed to be contending for the conference this quickly. I want to see what kind of coach Harbaugh is with a game on the road next Saturday. How do they regroup and respond...they really shouldn't lose another game before November 28.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Local news fail good for a chuckle...and GR is typically pro-Sparty.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/ ... igan-state
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:GR is typically pro-Sparty.
Sure about that? Why don't you ask the other GR native who posts here what he thinks about that.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Okay...maybe they're more bandwagon-y. There's no disputing who the Detroit media favors though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:There's no disputing who the Detroit media favors though.
No doubt--UM.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Every media market in this state is pro-UM, except for Lansing/Mid-Michigan (duh). As for fan base, I'd say GR is at least 60/40 Michigan fans. Probably used to be closer to 70/30, but the kids growing up today don't know what it's like for UM to be the big dog in this state.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:There's no disputing who the Detroit media favors though.
We could really use some clarification on this Shoalz. You aren't insinuating that the Detroit area media favors MSU, are you? Has it really come to this? UM fans accusing Detroit media of being in the tank for MSU?

Never thought I'd see the day. Unreal.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Love that guy with the CCHA patch on his UM hockey jersey.