It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Christians among us...

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Jay in Phoenix wrote:Here is a question of Christian logic for poptart.

Who was Gadreel? Why does his presence contradict Azazel in the book of Enoch?

There is a specific act which Gadreel was said to have committed unto God and Heaven.

Azazel is then credited for the same act.

While he was a cool X-Men character, this is a HUGE contradiction.

Care to explain you literal goof?
Enoch? That's not even part of the Bible.
Where did I say it was Goober?

It was a question specifically asked to see how far poptart's theology logic is developed.

He answered honestly, he didn't know. So be it.

Since you have butted in here mister expert, what is your answer to the question?
I have never read Enoch. Or any books in the Apocrypha. I don't know many Christians who have, outside of a few ministers when they were in Divinity School. I guess I don't understand why you would expect poptart's theological logic to be informed by non-inspired writings.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Moby Dick wrote:I would agree. Altho isnt he saying that Isaac is allegory then? which would then make Jacob allegory? etc etc?
Jesus spoke of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as real people.
John 8:56, Matthew 22:31-32.

Paul was just using the births of Isaac and Ishmael in an allegorical way to make the point he wanted to make.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

poptart wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:I would agree. Altho isnt he saying that Isaac is allegory then? which would then make Jacob allegory? etc etc?
Jesus spoke of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as real people.
John 8:56, Matthew 22:31-32.

Paul was just using the births of Isaac and Ishmael in an allegorical way to make the point he wanted to make.

Thanks for the clarification!
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Goober McTuber wrote:I have never read Enoch. Or any books in the Apocrypha. I don't know many Christians who have, outside of a few ministers when they were in Divinity School. I guess I don't understand why you would expect poptart's theological logic to be informed by non-inspired writings.
Because his opinions are based on basic theology. Yes, I approached a non-Christian book and was hoping poptart was at least as broadly educated in other faith systems as he was Christianity. He is not and that is fine as to my question.

As to those writings being "non-inspired", well, check your history before you embarrass yourself further.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I have never read Enoch. Or any books in the Apocrypha. I don't know many Christians who have, outside of a few ministers when they were in Divinity School. I guess I don't understand why you would expect poptart's theological logic to be informed by non-inspired writings.
Because his opinions are based on basic theology. Yes, I approached a non-Christian book and was hoping poptart was at least as broadly educated in other faith systems as he was Christianity. He is not and that is fine as to my question.

As to those writings being "non-inspired", well, check your history before you embarrass yourself further.
Oh, really? You Ethiopian or Eritrean?
The Great Oracle wrote:It is not part of the biblical canon as used by Jews, apart from Beta Israel. Most Christian denominations and traditions may accept the Books of Enoch as having some historical or theological interest or significance, but they generally regard the Books of Enoch as non-canonical or non-inspired.[3] It is regarded as canonical by the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church, but not by any other Christian group.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

Shrub...
patron Saint...MCET.

No. Suggesting any correlation between MCET and this brand of humorless trolling would be truly blasphemous and could possibly be THE unpardonable sin. Just lookin out for your two-wheeled, opiate addled soul, old friend :lol: