The Rod of God -- (!) Pages 33 and 34 (!)

The best of the best
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Re: The Rod of God

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

poptart wrote:
Jay wrote:you are one hateful motherfucker
:lol:

I had been called into the thread and so on page one, I put up a handful of posts telling where I was coming from.
No big deal.
Then you came right in and put up these remarks...
Jay wrote:you are one seriously confused idiot.
your sad little life with your nose brown stained from keeping it buried in a fairy tale and a non-existent saviors ass.
You are a pathetic little old man
deluded or stupid
a fool.

Hateful
Nope, just honest when it comes to you and your nonsense.

But please, carry on.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

poptart wrote:
poptart wrote:Image
If the brown is the earth and you are at settled cruising altitude just above it in this diagram, if you fly from one end of the brown to the other, is the plane flying on a straight line or is it flying on a downward bend?
LS wrote:Neither. This is one of the parts of flight you and your video buddy don't get. I would be flying at a constant altitude above mean sea level. Not nose down to use your words.

LOL

Ahhh, yes.
The ol' "anything can mean anything" weasel out.

Speaking of kindergarten, a kindergartener knows that the line at the bottom of the brown is STRAIGHT.

Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean someone else is weaseling out of anything. Go ask a kindergartner to help you with the rock and string experiment and get back to us.

But you calling anyone a weasel in this thread when you need to research and think about the things that make your flat earth model fall apart yet demand answers from others is just more comedy gold.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I still want to know if a plane takes into account the earth's curve when it is flying.
At 500 miles an hour there is a lot of curving going on underneath the plane.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Yea cause those two things are comparable.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:I still want to know if a plane takes into account the earth's curve when it is flying.
It is traveling about 8 miles per minute, which I guess means about 5-6 ft of curve per minute. This is something, but it pales in comparison to the up and down drafts which are effecting it more. And there is also that gravity thing which is pulling the aircraft down with far more force. In othe rwords, it is pretty much irrelevant.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Would anyone mind explaining the purpose of this alleged "Round Earth" Conspiracy to me? I'm not really sure I understand the angle.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:I still want to know if a plane takes into account the earth's curve when it is flying.
It doesn't have to. Every bit of mass in the gravitational field of the earth is tied on a string running from its center of mass to the earth's center of mass. I've lost count of how many times I've said it in this thread.

One more time: Centripetal force.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Well it's obviously not flying in a straight line when it is level at altitude. It has to be following the curve of the earth. I'm thinking of a tether ball. The boat is not overcoming gravity using thrust and lift so there is no way a boat is a good analogy.
I just want to know if the curve is accounted for in a plane. Oh and it must be more than 8in per mile since r is greater at 30,000 ft.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

But you just said there was no curving in flight, now there is?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Moving Sale wrote:But you (88) just said there was no curving in flight, now there is?
Here is the deal. You fly at assigned altitudes. If you're flying at FL 350 or any altitude, then Altitude Hold is on to trim the aircraft if you want. You can even fly manually trimming the aircraft to stay at whatever ATC assigns you or you might get a flight violation. It is true that as you fly, you burn off fuel that lightens the aircraft so there is less weight for gravity to effect.

Now when the aircraft gets lighter, it would gain altitude to overcome gravity up to a point where the atmosphere is too thin to maintain altitude with the less dense and expanded air molecules under the wings to maintain the same lift. ATC assigns an altitude so you maintain it as assigned and "pilot" the aircraft. Hope that helps.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

That sounds like a yes from AP and a no from 88.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Moving Sale wrote:That sounds like a yes from AP and a no from 88.
To clarify, if you have the autopilot on, then it will fly the MACH and altitude as programmed. So as you lose fuel weight, the same force of gravity applies, but to a lesser extent. That means trimming the attitude and it pulling back the throttles to keep the same speed and altitude. Those are very minor and unnoticeable corrections over time on a flight track. The principles of physics still apply, but are barely noticed. The same happens if you manually do those corrections without the aid of an autopilot.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

If they are not noticeable why are you or the autopilot making them?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

This seems to be a silly question, and I guess one would have to define what is meant by "takes into account." We also have to make the subtle distinction between level and straight when using those terms together in the context of this discussion. If a plane flying over any appreciable distance is maintaining a level altitude, it's path is curved. I'm no pilot, but I'm guessing there is little to no "effort" involved in maintaining a constant altitude to "account for" the earth's curvature - gravity & centripetal force will take care of that. A greater amount of effort would be required to overcome those forces and fly in a straight line because the aircraft would have to climb at a constant rate, since if it is flying in a truly straight line, it will be gaining altitude until it reaches one that can no longer be aerodynamically sustained. If a boat is sailing from California to Hawaii, it's path along the ocean is curved, and zero effort is needed for that to occur since we don't have to factor in lift. In both cases, the curvature being followed will be imperceptible and the vessels will appear to passengers and observers to be following straight paths.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:If they are not noticeable why are you or the autopilot making them?
Are you just trolling or are you a dumbfukk?

Pop is either carrying on the greatest troll job since LTL2 or has his mind clouded by a book written by primitives a really long time ago. I don't recall you being religious, so I will assume either trolling or dumbfukkery.

As has been said here by actual trained pilots and other assorted smarty pants, flying is simply a matter of managing various forces. You are stuck on the following the arc of the flight path, which is a very, very small part of the equation.

Your comment above proves your dumbfukkery. You seem to imply with it, that all pilot inputs must be noticable. I'm no pilot, but, I am pretty sure that a pilot who flies by a series of noticable inputs is what others in the trade would refer to as a really shitty pilot. A good pilot/autopilot would be one that is constantly making such imperceptable adjustments they go unnoticed to a passenger. A failure to make these eventally leads to "noticeable" adjustments or a fukking hole in the ground.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Lots of great info here by non pilots.

Sale, if you were sitting on the moon looking at a flight path of a single plane from point A to point B it would appear as a wild line until cruise was reached. Then while in cruise it would appear as a nice arc until there was either a step climb as the plane burned fuel allowing a higher cruise or until descent. Then it would be another crazy line until landing.

One problem you might be having which Pop certainly is, is all the factors that effect flight. If the planes weight was constant, if the winds and atmospheric pressure were constant and on and on a plane would require no input to maintain a constant level above the earth's surface. Problem is this never happens and other factors are always in play for a plane.

Each second the plane is getting lighter as it burns fuel. As AP and others have said this reduction in weight means the plane will want to climb slightly. The auto pilot will change the angle of attack slightly to keep the plane at the assigned altitude. This is important because planes are assigned a specific flight level. In some areas there can be other planes 1000 feet above or below your assigned flight level. If both creep a few hundred feet and then there is turbulence a real danger.

But think about level cruise flight like the rock on the end of a string. Spin the rock in a circle and the string holds the rock at a constant distance from your hand. The string acts like gravity does on a plane flying.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

So you take into account the weight loss due to fuel burn but not the 6 or so feet you rise (if that is the right word) every minute at 500mph? Do I have that right?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:So you take into account the weight loss due to fuel burn but not the 6 or so feet you rise (if that is the right word) every minute at 500mph? Do I have that right?
No, you don't. You still seem to be struggling with the concept of gravity.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:The boat is not overcoming gravity using thrust and lift so there is no way a boat is a good analogy.
Yes, actually it is. Buoyancy is a different set of calculations but it also involves overcoming gravity. That's why boats sink when they lose it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:So you take into account the weight loss due to fuel burn but not the 6 or so feet you rise (if that is the right word) every minute at 500mph? Do I have that right?
As Mvscal pointed out you do not have it correct because you are ignoring gravity. If nothing changes with the plane or atmosphere the plane will stay a flight level due to gravity. As soon as something changes though you have to change something to maintain your assigned altitude.

So we compensate for the lighter plane due to fuel burn. We don't have to do anything due to the curvature of the earth. Again put a rock on a string and spin it. The string keeps the rock at a fixed distance from your hand. Gravity does the same to a plane.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hello Moving Sale,

Sincerely,

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Roach wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Again put a rock on a string and spin it.
Pop's string broke quite a while ago, the day he tripped on a bible.

I'm just glad this thread's title isn't The Rod Of Todd(owen)...

ewwwww

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MS,

Here is another way of explaining it. That 8" per mile is an acceleration. A really, really, really small one. Gravity is another acceleration which works opposite of it. It is 32ft/second squared. It is about, ohhhhh, a few billion times bigger, give'r'take. Once you get outside the atmosphere where you can achieve some pretty good speeds without becoming a fireball, astronauts put the hammer down and go really, really fukking fast. When they go fast enough, the acceleration you are hung up on actually catches up to that gravity thingy. And waaaah fukking laaaah, you are in orbit and weightless. Even shutyomouth would be weightless up there! And guess what? Technically, it is not weightlessness. Gravity is still tugging on your ass, it is just that you are now going fast enough that that 8" per mile thing means some shit, because you are now covering a bunch of miles per second. As you step harder on the gas and go faster, your 8" per mile thing starts buttfukking gravity in the mouf. The result is, now you actually do start gaining altitude until you achieve such an altitude that you once again reach an equilibrium with gravity. If you go faster yet, gravity eventually taps out. This is called escape velocity. This is like 25000 mph or some shit. It is so fukking fast that it even stiff arms right through that firmament bullshit like Earl Campbell did the dolphins one night on monday night football.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Or was it the vikings?

Fukk, it was 40 years ago.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The rest of it is accurate too, sort of kind of. What part do you dispute?
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

smackaholic wrote:The rest of it is accurate too, sort of kind of. What part do you dispute?
The part that you got wrong?

Sort of kind of, dumb ass.

--sin. Goober McTrarian

Eternal dumb fuck and eternal egotistical shitstain.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote:
As Mvscal pointed out you do not have it correct because you are ignoring gravity. If nothing changes with the plane or atmosphere the plane will stay a flight level due to gravity. As soon as something changes though you have to change something to maintain your assigned altitude.

So we compensate for the lighter plane due to fuel burn. We don't have to do anything due to the curvature of the earth. Again put a rock on a string and spin it. The string keeps the rock at a fixed distance from your hand. Gravity does the same to a plane.
So a plane flies in an arc. Got cha. Can you fly in a straight line for many miles if you try?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I don't care how good a pilot he is, he can not maintain a straight line +/- 8" per mile. And that is the amount of curve we are talking about. It is so fukking small, it is irrelevant.

Is any of this sinking into your melon yet?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

At 30,000 ft it would be more than 8in/mile.

Sin,
Pythagorus
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Holllleeee fuck. Are you, kidding me?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:At 30,000 ft it would be more than 8in/mile.

Sin,
Pythagorus
If it is 8.000" at the surface, it is probably somewhere around 7.999" at 30,000 ft.

Looks like you suck at geometry as much as everything else. Think about it for a minute, dumbass. As the radius of the arc gets larger, it becomes flatter. It will curve less over a mile.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
smackaholic wrote:The rest of it is accurate too, sort of kind of. What part do you dispute?
The part that you got wrong?

Sort of kind of, dumb ass.

--sin. Goober McTrarian

Eternal dumb fuck and eternal egotistical shitstain.
Ooh, someone's mommy parts have been seriously bruised. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote: So a plane flies in an arc. Got cha. Can you fly in a straight line for many miles if you try?
Negative ghost rider. ATC assigns altitudes. They get pissy when you do your own thing.

On top of that there is going to be turbulence that while light and most likely unnoticed by anyone will still move the plane up or down slightly. Then the turbulence you can feel is moving the plane around quite a bit. But trying to climb 8 inches each mile is damn hard to do. The instruments aren't calibrated for such.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Left Seater wrote:But trying to climb 8 inches each mile is damn hard to do. The instruments aren't calibrated for such.
He won't understand the principles of changing barometric pressure, the altimeter, the VSI, needle lag, etc. and how that all works when gravity is constant on a changing weight issue in the gas tanks.

It's amusing to watch people that don't understand one discipline, but are "educated" in another discipline... So that qualifies them as being educated in everything? :lol:

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: So a plane flies in an arc. Got cha. Can you fly in a straight line for many miles if you try?
Negative ghost rider. ATC assigns altitudes. They get pissy when you do your own thing.

On top of that there is going to be turbulence that while light and most likely unnoticed by anyone will still move the plane up or down slightly. Then the turbulence you can feel is moving the plane around quite a bit. But trying to climb 8 inches each mile is damn hard to do. The instruments aren't calibrated for such.
If you fly a straight line you'll also be gaining altitude, eventually pretty quickly. At some point there's not enough air to provide sufficient lift.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Mikey wrote:
Left Seater wrote:

If you fly a straight line you'll also be gaining altitude, eventually pretty quickly. At some point there's not enough air to provide sufficient lift.
Atomic Punk wrote:Now when the aircraft gets lighter, it would gain altitude to overcome gravity up to a point where the atmosphere is too thin to maintain altitude with the less dense and expanded air molecules under the wings to maintain the same lift. ATC assigns an altitude so you maintain it as assigned and "pilot" the aircraft. Hope that helps.
Thanks for clearing that up Mikey. I do understand your point in theory. Overcoming gravity even with a fixed weight will lose that possibility unless you have a tremendous velocity which can't happen in a commercial aircraft as you know. :wink:

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

They don't.

From a flight instructor in Iowa:

I calculated what it would take for an aircraft to sustain a constant altitude above the ground while flying 100 miles away. If the aircraft is going 120mph (small piston aircraft like I fly) then it would need to do a constant decent at 133 feet per minute. If the aircraft was doing 360 mph (typical for small regional jets) then it would have to maintain at least 400 feet per minute.

A normal decent rate for a small aircraft is around 5-700 ft/min, and airliners are about 1000 ft/min. CLEARLY... we would notice the fact that we are losing 100' of altitude.

Here is my exact calculation:
Scenario:
Aircraft flies 100sm along the surface of the earth (altitude in AGL is arbitrary).

How much angle, and what decent rate would be required to maintain a constant altitude above

the earth's surface, assuming the given curvature of the earth (per modern science).

Distance Travelled = 100sm (528000 feet)

Altitude Loss = 6669 feet (per standard curvature formula)

Angle Required to maintain level = -0.72°

Feet Per Minute (120 mph) = 133 ft/min
Feet Per Minute (360 mph) = 400 ft/min

The flight instructor was on a talk show recently and some other points made were...

- A gyroscope will only work on a flat earth

- GPS has major issues. MAJOR.

- No text book or flight instructor he's ever seen has said a word about earth curvature

Also recently...

US Navy Submarine Chief: What Curve? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFi98T8phoI

30 Year Career Land Surveyor: No curve ever measured - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSKVE9pp60

US Navy Missile Instructor confirms FLAT EARTH - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOB0vcZ4NI
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

smackaholic wrote:It is traveling about 8 miles per minute, which I guess means about 5-6 ft of curve per minute. This is something, but it pales in comparison to the up and down drafts which are effecting it more. And there is also that gravity thing which is pulling the aircraft down with far more force. In othe rwords, it is pretty much irrelevant.
:lol: :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A gyroscope will work just fine on a rotating globe, dumbass, assuming you know the rate of rotation.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Listen to the interview.

Starts at about 10:15.

Ball earth is bullshit.

Just like your takes.