Tom Brady's 4-game suspension upheld by Goodell

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Tom Brady's 4-game suspension upheld by Goodell

Post by Joe in PB »

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... er-goodell

We'll see if it stands. My gut feeling is Brady fell on the sword for the organization, and its Belicheat & Kraft who should have had 8-16 game suspensions. Nothing happens on that team without Belicheat's approval. Making the owner liable for cheating & scams by their team will help ensure this stuff doesn't happen in the future, or least its less likely.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Tom Brady's 4-game suspension upheld by Goodell

Post by BSmack »

If Brady fell on the sword, how come he's going to take his case to court?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sword may have been partially deflated.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

BSmack wrote:If Brady fell on the sword, how come he's going to take his case to court?
Just a feeling I have. I'm sure NE had a big pow wow and probably came to the conclusion a suspension would happen for Brady, all the while planing to take the NFL to court to challenge it, & where the league hasn't fared well in the past.

Meanwhile Belicheat's involvement has been totally overlooked.

Unless of course you believe Belicheat had no idea ball deflation's were happening...... :meds:
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:Meanwhile Belicheat's involvement has been totally overlooked.
Please describe the nature of this alleged involvement in specific detail.

Thanks in advance.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Brady is going full Arod on this deal. Except in this instance the coverup is 10 x worse than the crime. BTW, why not just delete any incriminating texts/emails from your phone and hand it over? My guess is he had some other shit on there he didn't want anyone to discover. Either do that, or flat out refuse to hand it over. Literally any other option would have been better than destroying it on the day of your appeal. Allegedly.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Joe in PB wrote:My gut feeling is Brady fell on the sword for the organization, and its Belicheat & Kraft who should have had 8-16 game suspensions.
Then your gut is just as stupid as your brain. Do you honestly believe a head coach and team owner had any part in the deflation of some footballs? Why would they give a fuck or even know about it? They don't have to throw them. This was strictly involving Brady and the equipment manager.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Of course I do, Belicheat controls every aspect of that team. No way Brady who is not innocent either, has balls under inflated without Belicheat's approval. Kraft might not have known, that is believable, but his organization has been found compromising the rules or cheating for a second time. Like a Captain of a ship, when it runs aground he takes a fall, even though he most likely wasn't at the controls. I feel Kraft & Belicheat both should be suspended too. That would send a strong statement to other teams about cheating, and to the public that the league is legit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Brady is going full Arod on this deal. Except in this instance the coverup is 10 x worse than the crime. BTW, why not just delete any incriminating texts/emails from your phone and hand it over? My guess is he had some other shit on there he didn't want anyone to discover.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Joe in PB wrote:No way Brady who is not innocent either, has balls under inflated without Belicheat's approval.
It's Tom Brady, not some dickslap rookie. I sincerely doubt he's going to the head coach to get "approval" on how he likes the football.

You act like ball or equipment manipulation is some new thing. Players have been doing shit like this for years. Do you think Jerry Rice got Bill Walsh's approval before covering his gloves with stickum? Do you think Bill Romanowski cleared it with Mike Shanahan before lathering his jersey with Vaseline? These guys do what the fuck they want and you are naive to think otherwise.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

And what luck. Brady's suspension ends just in time for him to come back for a Sunday night game.....against Indy.

:meds:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: BTW, why not just delete any incriminating texts/emails from your phone and hand it over? My guess is he had some other shit on there he didn't want anyone to discover.
I'm not sure, but doesn't the phone service company have access to what number the texts come from and go to?

He destroyed evidence.

Not that I care. He didn't need to cheat. He and Belichick love cheating.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Didn't Belichick also cheat on his wife? Not with some young hottie, but a frumpy 40-something housewife?

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Goober McTuber wrote:Didn't Belichick also cheat on his wife? Not with some young hottie, but a frumpy 40-something housewife?
Who would touch him with a ten foot pole?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Didn't Belichick also cheat on his wife? Not with some young hottie, but a frumpy 40-something housewife?
Who would touch him with a ten foot pole?
His current girlfriend.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Nice melons.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I couldn't possibly give less of a fukk than I do about this debacle. The pats tried to stretch a rule a bit to get an advantage and got caught. Big fukking whoop. This has never been an issue in the past. It should be a game or two suspension. 4 seems a bit much.

What I think is completely ridiculous is that a government court is going to rule on this. Dude got busted breaking a company rule. How in the fukk is this the business of gubmint?

It ain't.

They should tell Brady to pound sand. Don't like the solution the "company" has issued, feel fukking free to retire or go play in the cfl.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:Who would touch him with a ten foot pole?
You're suggesting that Belicheat has a ten foot pole?

:shock:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:How in the fukk is this the business of gubmint?
Because a union is involved... duh.

To address a bunch of stupid:
Joe in PB wrote:Nothing happens on that team without Belicheat's approval.
Brady is smarter than you. It's far more likely he would go to lengths to ensure that Belichick and Kraft had no idea, rather than seek their approval.

Making the owner liable for cheating & scams by their team will help ensure this stuff doesn't happen in the future, or least its less likely.
Do you have the internet (a great source for news these days) where you're posting from? A 7-figure fine and lost draft picks ring any bells with you?

why not just delete any incriminating texts/emails from your phone and hand it over? My guess is he had some other shit on there he didn't want anyone to discover. Either do that, or flat out refuse to hand it over.
The last sentence works. The CBA prevents the NFL from demanding cell phones and personal items for the purpose of investigations. Therefore, it's his phone to do whatever the fuck he wants with. If I was always being stalked by the papparazzi, and had to replace a broken phone (yeah, right... but not implausible), I'd make damn sure it was completely destroyed, too.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Do you have the internet (a great source for news these days) where you're posting from? A 7-figure fine and lost draft picks ring any bells with you?
Its called a take, not regurgitating internet news, and I do believe suspending owners would have a greater impact on potential cheating by teams than fines & lost draft picks. Of course a suspension can also accompany those things too. The NE organization is a habitual offender of breaking the rules, or cheating.

How about you coming up with something fresh for once Dins?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

If Goodell's appeal attempt falls through, he's done.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kenny Britt was right all along.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Report: Patriots' Spygate scandal was bigger in scope than first realized
ESPN had a huge story on Tuesday morning, saying when the league investigated the New England Patriots in 2007 they were found to have "a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons."
What a surprise.... :meds:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown