1st coaches poll for 2015 is out

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Re: 1st coaches poll for 2015 is out

Post by H4ever »

Nebraska is where they deserve to be right now.... unranked. In a transition year after the Pelini trainwreck, it's very understandable. Though Riley's recruiting thus far is very refreshing. Big get in Stevenson the RB who "Bama wanted.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote:First Coaches poll for 2015.

1* Cal
I laffed. Well played.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

H4ever wrote:Nebraska is where they deserve to be right now.... unranked. In a transition year after the Pelini trainwreck, it's very understandable. Though Riley's recruiting thus far is very refreshing. Big get in Stevenson the RB denied admission to Wisconsin.
FTFY.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Stanford is prolly ranked where they should be but I wouldn't be surprised if they move up pretty quickly. The offense was much improved over the last three games last year and they return all but one starter from that group. The receiving corps, including a group of really good TEs, is sort of under the radar right now will prove to be one of the best in the conference if not CFB. Really looking forward to Christian McCaffrey getting significant playing time.

The defense lost a lot of starters but they've been able to reload pretty successfully over that past 5 or 6 years, so I don't see too much of a drop off there. The biggest question is the DL where they lost big talent but they have one of the best strength coaches in CFB so I'm not too worried. The defensive backfield is young and unproven but very talented. LBs are one of the best groups in the country.

If the offense can pick things up, and the defense is anywhere near what they were last year, this could be a very good season.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sam, are you really that naïve as to suggest that all of those coaches cast these votes? It's a task typically delegated to an underling.

I see Georgia is back in the preseason top 10. Some things never change.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Goober McTuber wrote:
H4ever wrote:Nebraska is where they deserve to be right now.... unranked. In a transition year after the Pelini trainwreck, it's very understandable. Though Riley's recruiting thus far is very refreshing. Big get in Stevenson the RB denied admission to Wisconsin.
FTFY.
And Clement (whisky RB that WILL get lit up in the near future) called NU a flip-phone in a smart phone world. Cool. You don't want to be the next Colorado on Nebraska's radar. Trust me. Enjoy Stevenson butt-fucking your secondary in the mouth (he will find the open field) as he makes a point over the next few years.
Delaware Dave
Jake

Post by Delaware Dave »

Goober McTuber wrote:I see Georgia is back in the preseason top 10. Some things never change.
This!
I like Richt but his act at Georgia reads like an Adam Sandler movie plot. I don't care to look up his contract/buyout status, but there will be the inevitable let down of major expectations in Athens as usual and they need to cut bait. Richt will be better off starting fresh somewhere else and UGA will be better off as well.

*note, you can substitute perfectly OU for Georgia and Stoops for Richt in the above statement.
War Wagon wrote:Just what we need, another Dave around here.

Welcome, I guess.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

H4ever wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
FTFY.
And Clement (whisky RB that WILL get lit up in the near future) called NU a flip-phone in a smart phone world. Cool. You don't want to be the next Colorado on Nebraska's radar. Trust me. Enjoy Stevenson butt-fucking your secondary in the mouth (he will find the open field) as he makes a point over the next few years.
I hadn't heard that blast from Clement. Rack him. At least he didn't refer to your program as a rotary phone.

Hope Stevenson can stay eligible.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Baylor, UCLA, and Ole Piss are too high. Stanford, Georgia Tech, and Arizona are too low. Tennessee should not be ranked. But that's just like, my opinion, man.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Delaware Dave wrote:I like Richt but his act at Georgia reads like an Adam Sandler movie plot. I don't care to look up his contract/buyout status, but there will be the inevitable let down of major expectations in Athens as usual and they need to cut bait. Richt will be better off starting fresh somewhere else and UGA will be better off as well.
I honestly don't get the Richt hate. He seems to do things the right way (not easy being competitive in the SEC abstaining from dirtball tendencies) and if you look at his track record, he's been amazingly consistent there. No he's not playing for NCs every year, but do Georgia fans feel they are entitled to be some national powerhouse every season? Based on what? If and when they "mutually part ways," I hope Georgia goes through a Michigan-esque level of irrelevance for a decade+. Their fans deserve it.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Schmick, I hate to disagree with you again but I don't see $C losing that many games. First of all their first two games are against JV level high school teams. Who will actually challenge them in conference? They have too much talent. I see maybe 1 or 2 losses. Granted I'm hoping for 9 or 10 losses but I think they're too talented to lose that many games. Their wild card is Sark........
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Baylor, UCLA, and Ole Piss are too high. Stanford, Georgia Tech, and Arizona are too low. Tennessee should not be ranked. But that's just like, my opinion, man.
Fuck off, cunt. Word eating will commence in about 4 weeks.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm stunned that the coaches would put 8 SEC teams in the top 25. And 10 of the top 27. The SEC proved last year that its teams are way overrated. The conference as a whole is experiencing a major downturn in quality.

Saban is obviously washed up. Mullen is finished. Freeze is a joke. Malzahn runs a dog and pony show.

Arkansas ranked? Tennessee ranked? WTF?! Two more SEC teams just out of the rankings. Who are these fools doing the voting?

Dino Babers, Bowling Green; David Bailiff, Rice; Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Craig Bohl, Wyoming; Terry Bowden, Akron; Art Briles, Baylor; Troy Calhoun, Air Force; Matt Campbell, Toledo; Rod Carey, Northern Illinois; Norm Chow, Hawaii; Paul Chryst, Wisconsin; Larry Coker, Texas-San Antonio; David Cutcliffe, Duke; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State; Bob Diaco, Connecticut; Larry Fedora, North Carolina; Jimbo Fisher, Florida State; Kyle Flood, Rutgers; Dennis Franchione, Texas State; James Franklin, Penn State; Willie Fritz, Georgia Southern; Al Golden, Miami; Todd Graham, Arizona State; Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State; Jim Harbaugh, Michigan; Mark Helfrich, Oregon; Doc Holliday, Marshall; Mark Hudspeth, Louisiana-Lafayette; Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech; Joey Jones, South Alabama; Brian Kelly, Notre Dame; Brad Lambert, Charlotte; Lance Leipold, Buffalo; Rocky Long, San Diego State; Mike MacIntyre, Colorado; Gus Malzahn, Auburn; Doug Martin, New Mexico State; Dan McCarney, North Texas; Ruffin McNeill, East Carolina; Bronco Mendenhall, Brigham Young; Urban Meyer, Ohio State; Les Miles, LSU; Phillip Montgomery, Tulsa; Jim Mora, UCLA; Ken Niumatalolo, Navy; George O'Leary, Central Florida; Gary Patterson, TCU; Chris Petersen, Washington; Paul Petrino, Idaho; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; Paul Rhoads, Iowa State; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Nebraska; Nick Saban, Alabama; Frank Solich, Ohio; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee State; Bob Stoops, Oklahoma; Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M; Dabo Swinney, Clemson; Tommy Tuberville, Cincinnati; Matt Wells, Utah State; Kyle Whittingham, Utah
How is Saban washed up? Alabama would have defeated Florida State last year in the NC if the old system was still in effect. He puts out great NFL prospects. Derek Carr to Amari Cooper will be great to watch for years. :wink:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I don't see them losing to ND. QB will be a huge issue for the fighting amish. ASU is a wild card. Can Berco stay healthy and carry them? In spots he was real good last year but can he be consistent. UCLA is (as you know) in search of a QB. Although Rosen was an absolute stud in high school and has looked good in spring etc.....will he be able to handle all that CFB is about as a true freshman. He's got a ton of returning talent around him so if he manages and eases into the role they should do well but who knows? I see only one REAL loss on the schedule for you and that's Oregon. Yes numbers will be an issue for $C but talent wise they're loaded. I do think once they get past this year they'll own the conference. They're pulling in most of the best local talent from So Cal.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Laxplayer wrote:They're pulling in most of the best local talent from So Cal.
Indeed.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Seer wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Baylor, UCLA, and Ole Piss are too high. Stanford, Georgia Tech, and Arizona are too low. Tennessee should not be ranked. But that's just like, my opinion, man.
Fuck off, cunt. Word eating will commence in about 4 weeks.
The funny thing here is I'm totally cool with you calling me a cunt because it's in the context of actual college football discussion, so you know we're getting close.

In four weeks, eh? Yeah, I'm sure a beat down over that powerhouse Virginia squad is really going to put the cfb world on notice that UCLA is for real. How about this, if you powder blue peter puffers are undefeated through October 3rd (which would include wins @ Arizona and vs ASU) then maybe I'll start marinating my words, but I'm pretty sure I won't even get a chance to preheat the oven cuz Stanford is gonna kick your shit in the following week.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

They did? Maybe they did in the sticks. The ATL is a blender of college football loyalty.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

A town of transplants. Finding a native Georgian in the ATL is like finding a native Arizonan in Phoenix.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

wait until Cal beats Grambling then they vault to #1...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:And UGA still doesn't even know who their QB is going to be. They don't belong where they're at at all...
Bama hasn't settled on one either. How the hell we're at #3, I don't know.
You seriously don't know?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:The polls don't take into consideration that Urban Meyer recruits thugs.

It is inevitable that two or three critical starters for the Buckeyes will either (1) - rape a coed or (2) - shoot up a liquor store in Columbus by midseason.

The one-game suspensions for the Rutgers game will result in a major upset that knocks the Buckeyes out of the top 4.

:grin:
Their star DE Bosa, and some others, are suspended for the Va Tech game.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:Stanford is prolly ranked where they should be but I wouldn't be surprised if they move up pretty quickly. The offense was much improved over the last three games last year and they return all but one starter from that group. The receiving corps, including a group of really good TEs, is sort of under the radar right now will prove to be one of the best in the conference if not CFB. Really looking forward to Christian McCaffrey getting significant playing time.

The defense lost a lot of starters but they've been able to reload pretty successfully over that past 5 or 6 years, so I don't see too much of a drop off there. The biggest question is the DL where they lost big talent but they have one of the best strength coaches in CFB so I'm not too worried. The defensive backfield is young and unproven but very talented. LBs are one of the best groups in the country.

If the offense can pick things up, and the defense is anywhere near what they were last year, this could be a very good season.
Looks like Stanford was overrated at 21. Same anemic offense as last year but this time the defense doesn't look much better than the offense.