SEAU's Dead?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

SEAU's Dead?

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

I can't believe this, is this a sick joke?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: SEAU's Dead?

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yes, Cosmopolitan, it’s all just a great big sick joke. The media has such a wicked sense of humor.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Apparently his girlfriend found him...am I bad if I think this could be a Steve McNair situation even though the death being investigated as a suicide? Who kills themself with a gunshot to the chest?

(braces for list of famous suicides via shot to the chest)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:Who kills themself with a gunshot to the chest?
Former NFLers who want their brains preserved.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Who kills themself with a gunshot to the chest?
Former NFLers who want their brains preserved.

I see Duerson shot himself in the chest...I think I may be picking my balls off the ground. :oops:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't even know if it was the same crazy girlfriend or not...that's part of where I'm basing my conspiracy theory on.

http://nwe.scout.com/2/1013422.html

He played middle linebacker...I'm sure dude scrambled his brain something fierce.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

The Curse of the 1994 Chargers goes on. Here's the tally so far.

Junior Seau - lead poisoning - 43
Shawn Lee - heart attack - 44.
Chris Mims - enlarged heart - 38
Curtis Whitley - overdose - 39
Doug Miller - lightning - 28
Rodney Culver - plane crash - 26
David Griggs - car accident - 28
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:The Curse of the 1994 Chargers goes on. Here's the tally so far.

Junior Seau - lead poisoning - 43
Shawn Lee - heart attack - 44.
Chris Mims - enlarged heart - 38
Curtis Whitley - overdose - 39
Doug Miller - lightning - 28
Rodney Culver - plane crash - 26
David Griggs - car accident - 28
You missed one.

Lew Bush - heart attack - 42
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Goober McTuber wrote:Yes, Cosmopolitan, it’s all just a great big sick joke. The media has such a wicked sense of humor.
Once again you miss the point you fucking simple minded twat! Why don't you do us a favor and put a bullet in your dome!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

that sucks...dude seemed like a decent guy
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:that sucks...dude seemed like a decent guy
Makes you wonder, was it diet or genetics?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote:that sucks...dude seemed like a decent guy
Makes you wonder, was it diet or genetics?

...check the whack girl friend for gun powder residue
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

A selfish and cowardly act by a man whose great accomplishments on the football field were surpassed by his great work and generosity off of it.

RIP #55
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Keeping cops employed by smacking your woman around and giving rescue workers work by running your car off a cliff aren't charitable works

[BSmack] tell me you knew.[/BSmack]
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote:Keeping cops employed by smacking your woman around and giving rescue workers work by running your car off a cliff aren't charitable works

Yeah...cause that's all he ever did.

Idiot.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

R-Jack wrote:Keeping cops employed by smacking your woman around and giving rescue workers work by running your car off a cliff aren't charitable works

Coming from a 'duhs fan this is almost laughable.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Yes, Cosmopolitan, it’s all just a great big sick joke. The media has such a wicked sense of humor.
Once again you miss the point
The one on the top of your head? Go fuck yourself, you paste-eating cretin.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

At least he buckled his seat belt.

sin

Derrick Thomas

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

A tribute worth reading...

Junior Seau brought joy to many, but we didn't really know him

The former USC and Chargers great was a pleasure to deal with, but his death Wednesday reiterates that the public gets to know most of their favorites only as athletes.

T.J. Simers

8:16 PM PDT, May 2, 2012

A few months ago, the radio daughter and I were in Las Vegas for March Madness and she said she heard Junior Seau was signing autographs across the hall.

I bounced from my chair, and at my age bouncing doesn't come so easily anymore.

But just the mention of his name prompted this incredible feeling of joy, and what a delight it would be to say hello again to someone always so full of life.

How do you not remember someone who took it upon himself to work with the basketball daughter? He invited her to eat with him in training camp, watched her shoot, stressing the importance of working hard. And harder, he would tell her, than any other athlete she could imagine.

He was describing himself, of course, as hard a practice competitor while with the Chargers as I have ever witnessed in almost 40 years doing this job.

He was all out, all the time, and so out of control. But he was also so fast he could almost always recover to make the incredible play.

He was also so quick with the kind heart. When a young girl witnessed her father shoot her mother and then himself, Seau joined with Bill Walton and many of the Chargers' players at a charity basketball game to raise funds for the girl and her four sisters.

When Ryan Leaf came to the Chargers, Seau pulled the same kind of pranks on him that veteran linebackers Billy Ray Smith and Gary Plummer had pulled on Seau.

He bid on a Qualcomm Sky Box for $1,500 in Leaf's name, and after borrowing Leaf's credit card, charged a $2,800 dinner for 21 of his teammates.

Leaf complained to management and the next day Seau decked him in practice, apparently not noticing the bright red jersey Leaf was wearing that made him off limits for contact.

"It's just part of the growing-up process in the NFL," Seau would explain later.

Seau was the quintessential NFL player, the full-speed warrior every Sunday, announcing his retirement and four days later signing on to play again.

I remember the thrill of seeing him sit behind an interview table at Super Bowl XLII. A deserving honor.

He was a New England Patriot, but we laughed about the early days in San Diego, continuing to laugh whenever we bumped into each other in the last few years.

But the daughter was mistaken. It was Gale Sayers signing autographs across the hall, and how she got Seau out of Sayers can probably be answered only by her ear doctor.

The next time I heard Seau's name was Wednesday, and there was no mistake. And now I struggle trying to reconcile the joy he brought to so many and the despair he must have felt.

But then I knew him only as an athlete.

I remember when Kobe Bryant got into trouble in Colorado and Times reporter Ken Reich sent me a scathing email for not defending "my friend."

I had a good relationship with Kobe, as good as a columnist can have with an athlete while standing in front of a locker.

But when we left the arena we went our separate ways. And although most people are convinced no one has it better than an athlete, darn if they're not all human as well.

I knew the Chargers' secretary, who would later marry Seau, before they began to date. But I have no idea why they split, or what it did to him.

I knew the football sledgehammer who would become so big he would have a clothing line named Say-ow.

I knew him as a Charger, Dolphin and Patriot, but I cannot tell you the toll it took on his body, or the void it left when he was done.

Sometimes when he spoke it would be gibberish. Who knows now if it was one hit too many to the head, or maybe it's just there in hindsight as some kind of explanation.

Before I began to rummage through the memories, I had forgotten the kid football player who had struggled after becoming an overnight millionaire in San Diego.

He was the fifth pick in the draft from USC, still smarting from being "labeled a dumb football player" for failing to have the SAT score needed to play his first year as a Trojan.

He held out of training camp wanting more money, and took off for Cancun with the secretary who would become his wife while his teammates practiced. They were slow to forgive.

He signed in time to play the final exhibition game, lasting two plays before being ejected for fighting. The fans were not happy.

It was a nightmarish start, his hometown fans booing him in his first game in Qualcomm Stadium.

A penalty called on him would lead to a loss against Dallas, another a loss to Houston.

That was 22 years ago, and looking back on The Times' story written at the time — chilling now.

"Junior is a guy that gets easily frustrated when things aren't going his way," said Chargers General Manager Bobby Beathard at the time. "The thing we have to watch out for with Junior is that he doesn't get too down on himself."

The Chargers were 1-3, the 23-year-old Seau slumping under the pressure of seemingly letting everyone down.

"You just can't be fun-loving when things aren't going right," Seau said. "It hurts. It hasn't gone like I thought it would. I take it all in and I'd just like to choke myself."

He didn't know it then, but no matter how badly things might appear, they do get better.

Last November more than 70,000 fans were on their feet showering him with love as he was inducted into the Chargers' Ring of Honor.

It was everything an athlete could want, or so you would think. But sometimes beyond what we see, there's so much more.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sim ... 398.column
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hard to believe BSmack didn't have him in the Death Pool.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

mvscal wrote:

Yeah...cause that's all he ever did.

Idiot.
Get off your goddamn high horse and wipe the dead Samoan jizz off your lips you sanctimonious tool. If he never threw on a Bolt uniform, you would be one of the first to label him a woman beating savage with a bone in his nose. To say you of all people wouldn't is disingenuous at best.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

A lot of San Diegans and people around the country have been so sad about this, including myself. A couple days later and I just don't understand how someone like Jr. would do this. I love Jason Mraz, so I thought I would share this.

http://jasonmraz.com/journal/2012/a-song-for-junior/
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Sad.

Most people knew something was amiss when he drove his car off a cliff at the beach about a year ago.

Now there's a lot of local douche bags running around on the news saying they're totally surprised. :meds:

Rampant speculation is now that the suicide is concussion related. I'm not saying its not, but dude was on a pedestal at USC & the Chargers, the toast of the town in both Los Angeles & San Diego. When he retired after his stint with the Patriots I remember him saying that he's graduating. I thought that was odd as he didn't have any real plans beyond his restaurant. No ESPN, NFL Network, or even Charger gigs. He would have been a huge marketing asset for San Diego.

Its almost like Junior Seau was a football player and once that was done, so was he.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

FUCK Seau.

Typical charger pussy. Things get tough so he takes the easy way out and, in turn, fucks his 3 kids' lives up forever.

BUT LETS CELEBRATE THIS GREAT MAN BECAUSE HE PLAYED FOOTBALL WELL FOR AWHILE!!! LETS HAVE A PADDLE OUT BECAUSE HE MADE TACKLES AND WAS NICE SOMETIMES!!!

You people are fucking pathetic.

Check yourselves and get your damn heads on straight. He mind fucked his entire family and friend base with this bitch move.

Also, I cant tell you how many times in the last few months (and up to the weekend before he gave himself lead poisoning) he was drinking his face off at the La Costa Resort and being an asshole in the process. He was there at least 4-5 times a week at the new Diversions/Edge getting LIT the fuck up. Apparently flying off a cliff here in Carlsbad blitzed off his ass (Save it, I know for a fact he was drinking heavily that night) wasnt enough of a wake up call for him.

I love how nobody gave a fuck about or celebrated Duerson doing the same thing because he isnt "hall of fame" bound. :meds:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

RJ wrote:
Look at me!!
I knew Carroll Shelby!!
I know the expensive in-spot where Seau got drunk, I saw him there a bunch of times cause I hang out there too, and he was a loser!!
goD and G0d I'm cool, I think I even saw Sean White once in Carlsbad - he gave me the high sign!!

I have no takes but that doesn't matter. I be bitchin' cause I've seen celebrities.

Sin,
Zy-lite
What a fucking pathetic cry for attention you are. Really, do it like Junior did and...nah nothing worth studying there. Just eat a 12 gauge and give the world a break.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I respect your opinion RJ. I have never heard anything bad about Jr. around town. I have to believe someone that would leave his kids and family in this way are in a very dark place and in pain. Some would say it is selfish what he did.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

RJ wrote:FUCK Seau.

Typical charger pussy. Things get tough so he takes the easy way out and, in turn, fucks his 3 kids' lives up forever.
Easy for a person of sound mind and body to rationalize against suicide. Seau's brain was broken. You and I have no understanding of what that's like and what it can lead you to do.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
RJ wrote:FUCK Seau.

Easy for a person of sound mind and body to rationalize against suicide. Seau's brain was broken. You and I have no understanding of what that's like and what it can lead you to do.

Pretty much.

Ridiculing a mentally ill person for being mentally ill and not being rational is the act of someone who's never dealth with any mentally ill people.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Ridiculing a mentally ill person for being mentally ill and not being rational is the act of someone who's never dealth with any mentally ill people.
Cosmo Kramer, I take back everything I've said about you. :oops:

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Junior will be inducted in the HOF in August but nobody from his family will be allowed to speak.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13313 ... -induction
"There was an acceptance speech for deceased players but it got redundant," Horrigan told The Times. "The honor is supposed to be for the individual."
So, honoring his stated wish that his daughter give his induction speech would not be honoring the individual?

Pretty fucking pathetic excuse there.
Couldn't have anything to do with the lawsuit...could it?
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

This is actually getting a lot of play.

What are the odds that the HOF caves and changes their policy...just this once?