How many of you Johnny Rebs...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

How many of you Johnny Rebs...

Post by Cornhusker »

....busted out ya'll's Stars and Bars this month?

Seems this Yankee doesn't feel the warmth of such a time honored tradition. (That little misunderstanding of slavery excluded, of course.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schw ... 19936.html
Moving Sale

Re: How many of you Johnny Rebs...

Post by Moving Sale »

It's funny how people from the south think they are Patriots and yet they fly the flag of a country that attacked us on our own soil. How dumb are they?
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Moving Fail doesn't represent all Cali folk, just the stupid ones.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

If the south wants to highlight their wrongheaded treasonous past, who am I to complain?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Well, a small handful of wealthy planters might have faced economic ruin anyway.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:By no means am I defending slavery, but the South felt they faced economic ruin if slavery was abolished. So what would you folks have suggested they do?

Remember you're responding from the viewpoint of someone in the late 1850s.
Am I rich or poor? Where do I work? I know 4 million southerners who were just fine with slavery ending.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jerkovich wrote:Moving Fail doesn't represent all Cali folk, just the stupid ones.
You're his client?[/KC]
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Jerkovich wrote:Moving Fail doesn't represent all Cali folk, just the stupid ones.
So you are pro confederacy and don't see any hypocrisy in southerners flying the flag of a treasonous bunch of racists. Gotcha. Nice post tard.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Remember, we're talking about a group of people who have huge celebrations and recreations of a war they lost.

Even sadder than Mexico making their big holiday about their lone win over the French.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

I'm from Chicago and anyone that gets butthurt by stuff like this is simply living in the past. We decided to do an Iwo Jima parody one day in Nam and the only flag we had was one a guy from Geogia had been carrying in his rucksack for months. Show time just for fun. I'm the head honcho in the middle and that's a Marlboro hanging from my lips and not a doobie :)
It would have been a much cooler pic if there were a couple brothers or hispanics with us but there weren't as many out there as the media tried to make everyone believe at the time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Remember, we're talking about a group of people who have huge celebrations and recreations of a war they lost.

Even sadder than Mexico making their big holiday about their lone win over the French.
Much sadder, the French were allied with an Austrian Archduke. That never ends well.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Sudden Sam wrote:By no means am I defending slavery, but the South felt they faced economic ruin if slavery was abolished.
From what I have seen of the economies in the Southern states, seemed like it pretty much worked.

Did a consulting gig in Alabama back around 02-03 and the fine young man running the business we were trying to save was complaining because he was paying them goddamn niqqers $ 5.60 an hour and could not get shit work out of them. Was not going to hire them any more, but the goddamn spics wanted $ 9.00 an hour so he did not know what to do. Dude who also showed me the church where he was a deacon, then told me when I questioned his financial statement that he had 120K in a strong box under his house. Then he tried to fuck us on the last payment on the contract. That did not work and last I heard the Feds took everything in 06.

Great economy and business people down there. You tried to apply Yankee business principles to those cretins in the south and they just could not get it.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I remember a NASCAR race on the dirt track at the NY State Fair (mid-1950's) had a car racing with a rebel flag painted on it. This was a bit later for team Petty. BTW---joke down my way is that the "South" ends around Gainesville FL.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

Papa Willie wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/geo ... st-n347586

So what do you think of this, little man?
don't mean shit to me papa. They were burning flags and shitting on them when I got off the plane in SeaTac after a year in asia. It's a free counbtry man, deal with it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:Even sadder than Mexico making their big holiday about their lone win over the French.
Cinco de Mayo isn't a big holiday in Mexico. It's celebrated locally in Puebla and in the tourist traps, that's about it. It's much bigger in the US.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:It's much bigger in the US.
Turns the roads into a dangerous place to be for a few days here.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I'm willing to bet over half the retards who fly the stars and bars don't even have roots in 'Murica till after the civil war. It's not offensive. Laughably pathetic, but not offensive.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

There's a whole fuckton of ridiculous oversimplification from the usual suspects here. The whole "evil, treasonous racists" take is completely asinine.

The Civil War changed the way that Americans conceptualize our nation on a very basic, fundamental level. Shelby Foote touched on that when he noted that prior to the war Americans said, "The United States are..." and after the war, "The United States is..." That perspective is primarily a product of the Union victory and subsequent constitutional violence to the intended foundation of the Union such as the 17th amendment. Robert E. Lee believed that his primary allegiance was owed to the State of Virginia not the United States. His fellow Virginian, George Thomas, believed otherwise. This story of conflicted loyalties was repeated in households throughout the nation.

Secession is a very difficult issue to confront. The Constitution is mute on the subject yet the question remains. Does our nation have a built in philosophical 'kill switch'? I believe that the Declaration of Independence makes that abundantly clear:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
The problem was that the "Safety and Happiness" of the Confederate States was predicated on the preservation of the institution of human slavery. "Liberty for All" was certainly not advanced by the secession of the slave states and was properly opposed with force. Slavery is a moral cancer. It has poisoned every nation which has ever practiced it throughout history. Ironically, "Liberty for All" was equally not advanced by the creation of the Federal Frankenstein monster which has steamrolled the States into political irrelevance in the aftermath of the war.

Yes, it's complicated just any other family relation. Like it or not, the Confederacy and the Civil War is part of our history and our national and cultural heritage. If some people wish to acknowledge or celebrate that, wipe your fucking nose, empty your diaper and deal with it.

It's a free country, right? .....or what?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

The south attacked the north. That's treason. It was done in part so that people, mostly white, could continue to own other people, mostly black. That is both treasonous and racist. You can stroke the souths' racist cock all you want ofailure, but that won't change the past.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:The south attacked the north. That's treason.
Only if you lose. Oh, by the way, how many Confederate officers and officials were indicted and convicted of treason after the war? A rough ball park number will suffice.

TIA
It was done in part so that people, mostly white, could continue to own other people, mostly black.
Isn't that what I said?
That is...racist.

Only bedwetters like you give a fuck. There were plenty of "racists" who wore blue. "Racism" as you know it and describe it is a modern, secular "sin" with no relevance to the 19th century.
....that won't change the past.
I have no interest in that whatsoever. It's pointless anyway. I would simply rather not see lowlife scum like you and your ideological cohorts erase it.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Treason has both a legal and non-legal definition. The balls that Lincoln and Jackson possessed doesn't change the facts. (Since you are in full CSA ball sucking mode, I'm surprised that you didn't try the "but they succeeded first so it wasn't treason" excuse.)
As for racism, which you posses in spades, yes most people do care. Even if they didn't it wouldn't change the fact that the stars and bars was a flag invented by treasonous racists.
Use of that flag by the people who most feverishly think of themselves as 'Mericans is the height of insanity. Your amateur attempts to white-wash that dichotomy only serve to expose your stupidity and racism.
Go suck another black cock you stupid simple fuck.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:The south attacked the north.
No matter what side you are on, anyone with half a brain realizes this is bullshit!

The rebs have good reason to call it the "war of northern aggression". They simply wanted the north to leave them the fukk alone and would never have pestered the north if they had just agreed to leave them be.

As to whether or not it was a good thing, as mvs has said, it did establish the way of thinking that says the fed government is superior to the states just because it fukking says so. This was OK, so long as the feds respected the limits put on itself by the constitution. Unfortunately, we now have a full century of the feds using the constitution as toilet paper.

My guess is that had they been allowed to peacfully seceed, they would have figured out that slavery is the suck rather quickly and rejoined the Union. Maintaining secession as a viable option would have gone a long way to keep the tyrants in charge over the last century to mind their own bidness.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:Treason has both a legal and non-legal definition.
Any "non-legal" definition of treason is simply a matter of opinion.

'Mericans
Yeah, we're done here. Move to 'Urope, shitstain.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:The south attacked the north.
No matter what side you are on, anyone with half a brain realizes this is bullshit!
Really? The North just wrestled those cannon balls down the barrels and forced the Confederates to open fire at Ft. Sumter? Is that the way it went down?
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Personally, I think the Confederate flag is quite beautiful. It is aesthetically well designed by being simple and visually balanced with complementary colors and lines. If it weren't for the stigma associated with it on the part of the Left, it'd be seen in more places than the South. I suspect you'd see quite a few marketing campaigns utilizing it in various product lines-- and not all being hangman's rope, rat poison, white sheets, and railroad ties either.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Rooster wrote: If it weren't for the stigma associated with it on the part of the Left, it'd be seen in more places than the South. .

Ummm... so, you're saying that it's a left or right thing... when it comes to the confederate flag ???

Too funny.

When I see that retard flag, the first thing that comes to my mind is... retards being proud of getting their ass-kicked by more intelligent people with bigger balls and a shit load more money.

The south... (Right-wing nutjobs and poor white trash) Republicans

The North... (Highly Educated liberals) Democrats

EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

It has something to do with this:

The South got its ass kicked indeed, but not without a fight.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Carson wrote:It has something to do with this:

The South got its ass kicked indeed, but not without a fight.

Doesn't look like much of a fight.

Looks like "Spring Break" in Panama City Beach, Florida (150 years ago)

Some call it... "Karma"
Last edited by The State on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

My neighbor flies a confederate flag every once in a awhile. It's extreme thinking for 2015. Sadly, many people here in So Cal don't even know what it means. I don't believe in looking back to 150 plus years ago and judging what happened because times were different and people evolve. But I do just shake my head and laugh when I see his flag. I am friends with my neighbor and have even told him he needs to go more in the middle with his political thinking.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

trev wrote:My neighbor flies a confederate flag .

Let me go out on a limb... and guess.

You're a "Republican" living in slowcal ?
Last edited by The State on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Yes, I am. So?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Rooster wrote:Personally, I think the Confederate flag is quite beautiful. It is aesthetically well designed by being simple and visually balanced with complementary colors and lines. If it weren't for the stigma associated with it on the part of the Left, it'd be seen in more places than the South.
"All that aside Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

trev wrote:Yes, I am. So?

Just wanted to make sure I had my visual of your neighbor's correct.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

trev wrote:people evolve.
Obviously you haven't seen much of the south...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

M2,

No. But thanks for trying. He's a So Cal redneck. He has many layers. He picks up homeless dogs and brings them home. He just married a cute Asian lady. His first marriage and he's like 45.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

trev wrote:M2,

No. But thanks for trying. He's a So Cal redneck. He has many layers. He picks up homeless dogs and brings them home. He just married a cute Asian lady. His first marriage and he's like 45.

So, he went on the internet and bought a wife... since he couldn't score a chick in this country.

I'm shocked.

What's going happen... when retard realizes that "Asians" aren't white and are hated by his people ?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

M2, you are hilarious. I'm sitting here wondering what me being republican has to do with all of my neighbors.

Then you make another post assuming he got his wife elsewhere. You live in a strange little world, fella.

And you assume a lot.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

trev wrote:M2, you are hilarious. I'm sitting here wondering what me being republican has to do with all of my neighbors.

Just curious as what you and your neighbors look like.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The State wrote:Just curious as what you and your neighbors look like.
Probably not a lot like you and yours:

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

:lol:

Not sure what toolio is attempting to accomplish here.

I live in a mostly white suburb of San Diego with a mix of demos, repubs and indies.