CenCal PET

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

CenCal PET

Post by Mikey »

The OL and I spent this past Sunday through Wednesday in Moving Fail country. The main reason was to see a Steely Dan concert at the Vina Robles Amphitheater, but it made a really good excuse to spend a few days drinking a lot of good wine as well. Depending on the route I take it's a 5 to 6 hour drive. My brother and his wife also came in from Sacramento for the show, about a 4 hour drive for them. First time either of us has been to this venue, but it makes a great halfway point to get together for a good time.

I wasn't thinking of doing a PET, and was too busy drinking to take a lot of pictures, but here are a few.

Paso Robles has a nice river walk along the Salinas River. It was about two minutes from our hotel so we took a 3 mile walk to get started on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

A lot of these black oaks around the area.

I think we visited seven wineries between Sunday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon (we left first thing Wednesday morning). One nice thing about the Paso Robles area is that there are a lot of really scenic roads that you have to take to visit most of the wineries scattered in the hills. This is a picture from the crest of Highway 46, between Paso Robles and Cambria, looking across the drought ravaged landscape down to Morro Rock.

I reserved a place on a guided tour of a winery called Tablas Creek. They make a big point of being totally dry farmed and organic, so I wanted to see their operation. We also had a reserve tasting that included some of their "library" wines. The tour was pretty interesting. We got to see the vines up close and how they graft the varietal cuttings onto the rootstock. Also, the mobile bottling operation was there at the time, so we got to see how that's done. Most of the wineries in the Paso area are too small to do their own bottling, so these guys have a bottling plant that's totally mobile inside a trailer. I thought they'd want us to stay out of the way, but they actually invited us to come up and step inside to see the bottling line. It's all pretty automated but they have to keep things finely tuned all the time.

Many of the wineries in the Paso area specialize in Zinfandel (a heritage grape in California) and Cabernet Sauvignon (a Bordeaux grape) but Tablas Creek specializes in Rhone varietals and Rhone style blends - Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Carnoise, Cinsault, Petit Sirah. Their reds are consistently rated 92 to 96 point by "experts." All I know is that they're pretty good. We ended up joining the wine club.

Some more pics from the tour:

Small barrels:

Large barrels:

Really large barrels:

Vina Robles is a winery on the main drag (Hwy 46) on the east side of Hwy 101. They built a 3000 seat amphitheater a few years and have been having concert series every spring/summer. I decided that the Steely Dan show was a good chance to check it out because the tickets were about 1/3 the price of what they're getting this year at Humphrey's in San Diego. This turns out to be about the nicest outdoor venue I've seen. Since I joined the wine club there I get pre-sale on all of the shows, plus a members only happy hour on a patio for a couple of hours before the show starts. It's nice to relax, eat some tri-tip and drink a couple of bottles of wine before the music starts.

You can't see the band to well in this picture, but the seats were excellent. There's actually a comfortable amount of leg room and butt room as well. The only drawback is that it got pretty fucking cold when the sun went down. 80 degrees in the afternoon, down to about 45 in the early morning.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: CenCal PET

Post by Dinsdale »

Super cool pics.

I deciled an opportunity to work on a bottling line this week. Been there, done that, too many times. The place I/we work out of has their own line. It's not so much the expense to set one up, but the damn things (almost all are Italian-made) break constantly. The mobile trucks are cool.

The "really large barrels" are "oak tanks." Pretty expensive setup. I think most winemakers prefer standard (60 gal) barrels, since they can be moved, and are much easier to clean.

Sounds like you had a blast.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

CenCal is a beautiful place. Too bad moving fail lives there.

As for going there to see SD, I gotta call bullshit. SD must be coming to a closer venue. You were there to fill your water jugs, weren't you, you fukking thief?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Very cool PET, one doesn't have to wonder why the wife and I head over there all the time, Central Coast is awesome. Vina Robles is a great venue.
I also have some great friends that own a winery and use a mobile bottling plant from Gallo. It's pretty cool, I usually help stacking cases when it's up and running, excellent wine and great dinner never sucks after we are done.
This is their place, it's about 10 minutes down the road from my house along the banks of the San joaquin River.
http://sumnerpeckranch.com/
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:CenCal is a beautiful place. Too bad moving fail lives there.

As for going there to see SD, I gotta call bullshit. SD must be coming to a closer venue. You were there to fill your water jugs, weren't you, you fukking thief?
Like I said, the Dan was at Humphrey's in San Diego (where we saw them the past two years) but they're getting almost $200 a ticket this year. For the cost of two tickets at Humphrey's I got two at Vina Robles, and was almost able to cover three nights at the Adelaide Inn at $107 per night.

Plus, we came home with a couple of cases of awesome grape juice.

Going back up in June for Tedeschi/Trucks and some more back roads winery exploration.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Y2K wrote:Very cool PET, one doesn't have to wonder why the wife and I head over there all the time, Central Coast is awesome. Vina Robles is a great venue.
I also have some great friends that own a winery and use a mobile bottling plant from Gallo. It's pretty cool, I usually help stacking cases when it's up and running, excellent wine and great dinner never sucks after we are done.
This is their place, it's about 10 minutes down the road from my house along the banks of the San joaquin River.
http://sumnerpeckranch.com/
Sounds like fun. I need to go out and make friends with some Escondido or Temecula wine makers.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

I'm guess I'm a bit jaded because I live here. Hope you have fun though, but I could have directed you to some really spectacular scenic routes and awesome wineries.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Jerkovich wrote:I'm guess I'm a bit jaded because I live here. Hope you have fun though, but I could have directed you to some really spectacular scenic routes
I don't think Mikey was looking for a tour of all the CenCal glory holes. Keep your tours to yourself.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

A lot wineries around here are setting up concern venues. Decent ticket prices and always a good venue. We have hit a couple of the Maryhill Winery shows up in Eastern Washington.

We have Dobbie Bros tickets for June 21 out at McMenimans Edgefield in Troutdale. Since they are a premier brewery in the Northwest, and have started having a lot of these shows, they are unconcerned with how much people have to drink, if you can still stand they will serve you , and dope smoking is pretty much anywhere at these shows. We did a Skynyrd show there is 08 and it was pretty much off the hook. Especially since Donnie, Ricky and Steve were kicking it in the bar afterwards.

Of course, since they have these on the gold course, another guy in the big turf business and myself got the call to repair the damage caused by 4000 drunken people.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Chateau St. Michelle is the only winery in this are that hosts concerts, and their prices definitely aren't cheap. About the only place to see a band anymore w/o paying an arm & a leg these days is either Washington State Fair or Bumbershoot (which hasn't had a band that I've wanted to see since 2002).
9/27/22
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Did someone mention CenCal glory holes? IN!!!
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/glory ... rkId=74080

Sincerely,
LTS
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Pedo in Seattle wrote:
Jerkovich wrote:I'm guess I'm a bit jaded because I live here. Hope you have fun though, but I could have directed you to some really spectacular scenic routes
I don't think Mikey was looking for a tour of all the CenCal glory holes. Keep your tours to yourself.
Notice how funny you are? Why do you post here? Seriously.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nice job, Mikey.

*Note* to the Ren Faggot: Those are real pictures.

Credibility.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

poptart wrote: Those are real pictures.
Yes.

They're real boring.

Fuuuuuuck...it's like the video montage they were showing people in the "suicide chambers" in Soylent Green...
I'm sure Sam had heart palpitations, but everyone else subjected to Mikey's insomnia-curing PET had a good great night's sleep.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Well yeah, Mikey's PETs generally resemble a 7th grade school field trip, but at least they are genuine.

That's much more than one could say about the Ren Squirrel's offerings.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

poptart wrote:Well yeah, Mikey's PETs generally resemble a 7th grade school field trip, but at least they are genuine.

That's much more than one could say about the Ren Squirrel's offerings.

That's right, my feeble minded one.

All the pictures I post are from a far away place that doesn't exist... in a place called Shangri-La(San Francisco)

Fucking idiot.

By the way, "Prince of Fairy tales"... I just got off the phone with "GOD"... and he wanted me to relay you a message, because he's getting pretty pissed off at you and the gentiles.

He told me he was really fucking busy dealing with his/our people (The Jews)... and to tell you... you're NOT a JEW... and you'r not getting into "heaven" under any circumstances !

His words, not mind.

He said, that he wrote a book for his people called (The Bible) and it was manipulated by retards... and called "The New Testament" or some shit... I wasn't really listening... I was listening to some Sabbath, since the "Old Man's word get's old and bores me to fucking death.

Anyways, He told me also to tell you...

That EVERYONE in "The Bible"... is a fucking JEW !!!

And he was NEVER... recruiting fucking retarded gentiles... to spread his "word" to his own people (The Jews)

I have to agree... with the "old man" on this one... Jews... don't recruit looking for followers that aren't part of their own blood-line.

Bottom-line... God, told me to tell you to go fuck yourself... since you'll NEVER become a "Jew" because it's genetically impossible... and he hates "Christians"... because all they do is ask him for something when they need something.

In conclusion... "you're" NEVER getting into "heaven" with the rest of us... where we get to BANG... 82 virgins on day one.

Good Day Sir!

Last edited by The State on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

tool wrote:And he was NEVER... recruiting fucking retarded gentiles... to spread his "word" to his own people (The Jews)
God's intention is to spread His Word to -----> THE ENTIRE WORLD, not just to the Yews.

Look in your OT, Rabbi.

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

poptart wrote:
tool wrote:And he was NEVER... recruiting fucking retarded gentiles... to spread his "word" to his own people (The Jews)
God's intention is to spread His Word to -----> THE ENTIRE WORLD, not just to the Yews.

Look in your OT, Rabbi.

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

I know it's harsh... but, as stated in my previous post (which you're too stupid to comprehend the context)... there's not a chance in HELL... you're getting into heaven.

Psst... you do recall my "dad" (GOD)... stating in "The Bible"... that "anyone" that shall attack the "Jews"... meaning me.

Shall be "attacked" by him (God).

We've all seen you sophomoric posts addressed to me.

You're shit outta luck... motherfucker.

Too funny.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

NEW Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31-34
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Sorry to inform you, Melton, but I AM Abraham's seed.

:wink:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:We have Dobbie Bros tickets for June 21 out at McMenimans Edgefield in Troutdale.
Dobbie Bros?

Taking it to Hogwarts?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

poptart wrote:NEW Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31-34
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Sorry to inform you, Melton, but I AM Abraham's seed.

Psst... retard

The State wrote:

You're shit outta luck... motherfucker.

Too funny.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Psst... you do recall my "dad" (GOD)... stating in "The Bible"... that "anyone" that shall attack the "Jews"... meaning me.

Considering that Tart is 3000+ miles away on a different continent, I doubt he has any worries about any free swinging Big Black Bath House Boy from the great San Fagsico stopping by anytime soon to render judgement.

Who or which one's your daddy errr (GOD) toolio?
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Y2K wrote:

Considering that Tart is 3000+ miles away on a different continent, I doubt he has any worries about any free swinging Big Black Bath House Boy from the great San Fagsico stopping by anytime soon to render judgement.

Who or which one's your daddy errr (GOD) toolio?

There's a reason... why you live in Fresno.

I'll give you two hints... Reading and Comprehension.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Rack the pet.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Nice PET, Mikey. Beautiful.

I mean...it's not Alabama, but...what is?
Mississippi.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jerkovich

Post by Jerkovich »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
For crying out loud pedo, I was talking about scenic roads and great wineries that very few know about. Keep your demented and gutter thoughts to yourself.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Nice PET, Mikey. Beautiful.

I mean...it's not Alabama, but...what is?
Mississippi.
Touche, indeed.
Having been to both Alabama and Mississippi I can say there is a difference.

Mississippi smells worse.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
Derron wrote:We have Dobbie Bros tickets for June 21 out at McMenimans Edgefield in Troutdale.
Dobbie Bros?

Taking it to Hogwarts?
I would not know since I have not a fucking clue what you faggots and all the Harry Potter queers watch..I guess you are getting over on me with some spelling smack..and some post of some Hollyweed robot...Have you not better things to do on 4/20 ??
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
Having been to both Alabama and Mississippi I can say there is a difference.

Mississippi smells worse.
Rolled into Shrevport one afternoon years ago, and first thing I noticed was this stench of chemicals on the air that never went away, the homicide a block from my hotel that night, and the sheer poverty everwhere.

Did catch some good cajun outside Barksdale AFB while watching B 52's launch to go bomb babies in Iraq though.
Derron
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Jerkovich wrote:I'm guess I'm a bit jaded because I live here. Hope you have fun though, but I could have directed you to some really spectacular scenic routes and awesome wineries.
He posted pics of "spectacular scenic routes and awesome wineries." WTF are u talking about? Certainly not the roads around your hood in Oceano.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

A trip to the central coast is not complete without stopping at the

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:Rolled into Shrevport one afternoon years ago, and first thing I noticed was this stench of chemicals on the air that never went away, the homicide a block from my hotel that night, and the sheer poverty everwhere.
The absolute butthole of the universe has to Laurel, MS. The stench is so bad just driving through that it makes you wonder if the kids there are born with three heads and a set of gills.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Jerkovich

Post by Jerkovich »

Moving Sale wrote:
Jerkovich wrote:I'm guess I'm a bit jaded because I live here. Hope you have fun though, but I could have directed you to some really spectacular scenic routes and awesome wineries.
He posted pics of "spectacular scenic routes and awesome wineries." WTF are u talking about? Certainly not the roads around your hood in Oceano.
You poor tiny little bleach hair little thing. I don't live in the five city getto.

I remember the time I was in SLO talking to a new customer and saw you midget self poking your head in the window of the restaurant and interrupted our conversation, as per usual for an attorney. My customer turned to me said,"what an asshole". I didn't tell him that I knew you, but did have the urge tell you, "fuck of little troll".
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

BSmack wrote:
Derron wrote:Rolled into Shrevport one afternoon years ago, and first thing I noticed was this stench of chemicals on the air that never went away, the homicide a block from my hotel that night, and the sheer poverty everwhere.
The absolute butthole of the universe has to Laurel, MS. The stench is so bad just driving through that it makes you wonder if the kids there are born with three heads and a set of gills.
It's a red state. You were expecting a clean environment?!
9/27/22
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

There is a difference between the typical "fuck treehugging" attitude found in most red states and what I saw in Laurel. Laurel was more like Bophal before the gas leak.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
BSmack wrote:
It's a red state. You were expecting a clean environment?!

As if Red or Blue governing makes a difference on cleanliness. Household income is a much better predictor of cleanliness.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

LS, The stench was from some industrial facility. Later I learned Laurel has a paper mill. Just the worst smell ever, and I used to drop road kill off at a processor back in the day.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

BSmack wrote:LS, The stench was from some industrial facility. Later I learned Laurel has a paper mill. Just the worst smell ever, and I used to drop road kill off at a processor back in the day.

I'm with you on the papermill smell. Camus Washington smells very much bad.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Camus Washington smells very much bad.
It's Camas. AKA Camabama. And it freaking stinks, even across the river, depending on the wind.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I remember my first drive up I-95 through Georgia and S Carolina. My initial thought was, are we already in New Jersey? Holly fukking shit! Paper mill stench has to be about the worst fukking thing evah.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.