Harbaugh to Michigan..

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Carr Guy
Jake

Re: Harbaugh to Michigan..

Post by Carr Guy »

I was sad to see Brady Hoke go. I thought he was a terrific coach and an even better MAN. But it's time to move on to a new era.

THE JIM HARBAUGH ERA!

The Brilliant One has returned home.

The SAVIOR.

The MESSIAH.

I am absolutely tickled to death over this, but I can't say that I am surprised. Let's just say I had some inside information 3 weeks ago that this was happening. The University of Michigan is a very special place. It gets in your blood. When UofM calls on you to come home, you come home. It's as simple as that. Harbaugh's undying love and passion for the greatest university in the world is what sealed the deal.

There is no doubt in my mind we win the Big Ten in CJH's first year and compete in that 4 team playoff. Too much talent, and now with the best coach in the game, there is no reason we won't win multiple national championships.

I am SO JACKED!

GO BLUE!!!
Those who stay will be champions.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Carr Guy wrote:I was sad to see Brady Hoke go. I thought he was a terrific coach and an even better MAN.

Carr Guy wrote:THE JIM HARBAUGH ERA!

The Brilliant One has returned home.

The SAVIOR.

The MESSIAH.

I am SO JACKED!

GO BLUE!!!

Bwhahahahhahahahaha

Rack this troll.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So it appears to finally be a done deal. Press conference tomorrow.

If I'm a Michigan fan, I'm happy to get Harbaugh, but I'm not happy over what it took to get him. This guy is a decorated alum and you had to offer him $3 million more than what he was getting paid in the NFL in order to convince him to take the job. I mean...yeesh. Not a good look. This is a guy who spurned you once, and also threw your program under the bus with negative remarks to the press. And yet, here's Michigan, begging him to "come home" and giving him anything and everything he desires. Michigan is like the desperate boyfriend who lures his ex back with shiny gifts who broke up with HIM and bad mouthed HIM in the past. The whole thing reeks of sadness. But hey, as long as you win, right?? Which even remains to be seen. Anything less than Alabama level success will be viewed as failure. And this is assuming he even sticks around long enough for us to find out. Personally, I think he goes back to the NFL, or goes Woody Hayes on some kid -- the loon that he is -- before too long. Selling your soul to the devil rarely ends well.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Can he at least go back to throwing a handful of sideline tantrums every year? That's what I miss the most.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

funny thing...

most of the _ichigan fans that I am friends with...think Urban and the rest of the B1G should be scared to death of Captain Khakis...what the fuck ever

look at his record at Stanford...did he resurrect them? Sure but the first 2 years he had a all world QB in Andrew Luck...he went 8-5 and 12-1 with him then bolted...so excuse me if I am not kneeling at the altar of Captain Khakis
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If Harbaugh can get Michigan back up to a credible level (top 15), if not elite (top 5-10)...they won't need to throw Monopoly money at the next coach. It's the equivalent to when the horrible Tigers overpaid an old Pudge Rodriguez and Magglio Ordonez but it lead to this current period of winning years...albeit, still no rings. At worst, they're credible again.

Hopefully, he can develop another David Shaw who will inevitably take over for him when he either burns out or wants to go back to the NFL. If he outlasts his contract, I won't think of him as just as a big name mercenary. He's got to leave the program in better condition than he found it...but that's not saying much.

And I'm tired of them being the other team in the rivalry games. I shouldn't dread the last Saturday in November anymore.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:If Harbaugh can get Michigan back up to a credible level (top 15), if not elite (top 5-10)...they won't need to throw Monopoly money at the next coach. It's the equivalent to when the horrible Tigers overpaid an old Pudge Rodriguez and Magglio Ordonez
Solid take.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:funny thing...

most of the _ichigan fans that I am friends with...think Urban and the rest of the B1G should be scared to death of Captain Khakis...what the fuck ever
They're obviously quite a bit smarter than you are. He's been successful everywhere he's been, USD, Stanford and San Francisco. Go ahead and pretend like it didn't happen if you want to. Dumbfucks usually do.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

mvscal wrote:

They're obviously quite a bit smarter than you are. He's been successful everywhere he's been, USD, Stanford and San Francisco. Go ahead and pretend like it didn't happen if you want to. Dumbfucks usually do.
Urban has been pretty successful everywhere he's been, too. And he has a shit load more talent.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

over/under on tantrums thrown in first game??

line is 4.5
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Good point Killian

BGSU, Utah (where they bitchslapped Alabama in the Sugar), UF, and now OSU...

again, excuse me if I as an alum/fan of OSU doesn't bow down and gargle Captain Khakis nuts like dumbfucks like you and the idiots in AA...
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Killian wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Urban has been pretty successful everywhere he's been, too. And he has a shit load more talent.
Sure. That's not in dispute is it?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Good for TSUN, this was a desperately needed hire, as it was obvious from the start that Plan B (whoever that was) would've led to another 4-5 years of the same mediocrity before shuffling the next goon in.

Let's face it, UM has been irrelevant since before the BCS started. Outside of one year when they were considered for the MNC game, they haven't been in a real discussion for a national title since the '98.5 season. That's a long fucking time to wait.

The UM fans I know have a foggy memory-- they forget that their program's flagship coach never won a national title and had a pretty shitty bowl record to boot. But they bask in the glory days of winning Big Ten titles and occassionally upsetting some really good teams from Columbus and South Bend back in the day. Ahhh the nostalgia.

Harbaugh should bring back some of those warm and fuzzy feelings but if he brings those same results before he bolts to the NFL again, will you guys be happy with that? Or is it national title or bust?

Nonetheless, this almost definitely ensures that The Game is back to where it needs to be. Urban vs Harbaugh should bring some epic games in November, hope both guys stick around for a while.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So it appears to finally be a done deal. Press conference tomorrow.

If I'm a Michigan fan, I'm happy to get Harbaugh, but I'm not happy over what it took to get him. This guy is a decorated alum and you had to offer him $3 million more than what he was getting paid in the NFL in order to convince him to take the job. I mean...yeesh. Not a good look.
Or maybe not.
Report: Michigan will pay Jim Harbaugh $5 million per season

Michigan will reportedly pay Jim Harbaugh around $5 million per season, plus incentives, Michigan athletic director Jim Hackett told writer John Bacon on Tuesday.

Harbaugh made the exact same base salary during his four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers.

There were various reports that Michigan offered Harbaugh a deal that would possibly pay him up to $8 million a year.

According to Bacon, Harbaugh told Hackett he did not want to be the highest paid coach in the nation, but was more concerned with salaries for whoever he hires as his assistants.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014 ... act-salary
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

It appears that the contract numbers were exaggerated. He's in for 7 years at $5 mill per. There are incentives but JH wanted money for assistants. He didn't come for the money, he came to his dream job.

This is the greatest day since Jan 1, 1998.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian

Post by Killian »

mvscal wrote:
No. And the original poster didn't poo-poo his accomplishments, just stated that there is no reason to run and cower from the all mighty Harbaugh.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Killian wrote:And the original poster didn't poo-poo his accomplishments,.
Sure looks like it to me.
look at his record at Stanford...did he resurrect them? Sure but the first 2 years he had a all world QB in Andrew Luck...he went 8-5 and 12-1 with him then bolted...so excuse me if I am not kneeling at the altar of Captain Khakis
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Killian wrote:
mvscal wrote:
No. And the original poster didn't poo-poo his accomplishments, just stated that there is no reason to run and cower from the all mighty Harbaugh.
Hell, ND ran before Harbaugh was even mentioned.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

WolverineSteve wrote:This is the greatest day since Jan 1, 1998.
Yeah, and even better, you're getting more than 1/2 a coach! :grin:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

L45B wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:This is the greatest day since Jan 1, 1998.
Yeah, and even better, you're getting more than 1/2 a coach! :grin:
Dick.

:twisted:
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's the perfect storm. The fanbase has wanted a reason to be excited and optimistic and the most popular candidate was available (again) and he was ready to give this job a try. I'm sure the money doesn't hurt...$5 million per still isn't chump change. He seems genuinely excited to be back with the program...in his own awkward way.

Hoke did a solid sell job to the fanbase on him being the right guy for the job and he too was genuinely excited about the opportunity. I think this is finally the right guy with sizzle that can galvanize the school and the fanbase and gets the attention of recruits. He's a name in the coaching game. RichRod was a name but never seemed to get the full support of everyone.
Killian

Post by Killian »

mvscal wrote:
Killian wrote:And the original poster didn't poo-poo his accomplishments,.
Sure looks like it to me.
Looks to me like he is pointing out a fact. Michigan media and their fan base make it out that they just hired Bear Bryant during his prime. They didn't. They hired a coach that has turned around every team he has coached, but has yet to win anything other than a conference championship, and he has yet to do that in 1A. He is a phenomenal coach, but he has some rebuilding to do. There is no QB on that roster and his offensive line needs some serious work.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Killian wrote: Looks to me like he is pointing out a fact. Michigan media and their fan base make it out that they just hired Bear Bryant during his prime. They didn't. They hired a coach that has turned around every team he has coached, but has yet to win anything other than a conference championship, and he has yet to do that in 1A. He is a phenomenal coach, but he has some rebuilding to do. There is no QB on that roster and his offensive line needs some serious work.
Sounds almost exactly like Bear Bryant to me. When he arrived at Alabama, he was an excellent coach who had success at some smaller programs but hadn't won anything other than a couple conference championships.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Did you willfully or accidentally leave out the "in his prime" part of my comparison? I wouldn't call 1957 his prime. It would probably be in the Mid-60's when he won 2 consecutive NC's and had an argument for a 3rd.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

No, I just ignored it because it's an idiotic comparison that nobody is making.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Not big on hyperbole, are you?

I live in Michigan and am surrounded by mostly Michigan fans and I assure you yes, their fans are. They are equating this to Alabama hiring Saban and OSU hiring Meyer. The biggest difference is that those guys had each won at least one NC. Harbaugh hasn't.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Michigan got the number one available coaching target in all of football. It's a lot like Meyer or Saban. He signed for significantly less than first reported. It's not a good hire, it's a great one. There is no other coach out there that makes more sense. The enthusiasm is justifiable, especially given the last 7 years. I'm waiting to see how many decommits come crawling back and how JH fills the recruiting class out. It's going to be small anyway with only 16 available slots or so, but I want to see some blue chippers sign on.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

WolverineSteve wrote:He didn't come for the money, he came to his dream job.
I'm sure the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh loves his alma mater, but let's not act like this was the ideal position that the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh wanted to be in. The J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh did not want to leave the '9ers, he was forced out. Props on landing the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh and for less money than originally thought. I'm sure the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh will turn Michigan around.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:He didn't come for the money, he came to his dream job.
I'm sure the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh loves his alma mater, but let's not act like this was the ideal position that the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh wanted to be in. The J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh did not want to leave the '9ers, he was forced out. Props on landing the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh and for less money than originally thought. I'm sure the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh will turn Michigan around.
Fucking rack. Family titles for university positions will never not be lame.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Part of the Brandon legacy....dude sold everything. I don't know how long the Harris' own the title, but for fucks sake, give them their money back.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Part of the Brandon legacy....dude sold everything. I don't know how long the Harris' own the title, but for fucks sake, give them their money back.
To be fair to UM, I'm sure they're not the only school to do it, but it still pretentious as fuck. Props to you for standing up against it and not circling the wagons.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

WolverineSteve wrote: It's not a good hire, it's a great one.

Might want to wait a season or two before making that declaration. Just because he won the introductory presser doesn't mean he beats Minnesota next season.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

watch it lefty...that means you are poo-poo ing accomplishments...that's not allowed around here... :grin:

again, I'll stand by my assertion the rest of the B1G especially Meyer, Dantonio shouldn't be scared of Captain Khakis...
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

It's a great hire in that JH was the top target of NFL and CFB and the number one choice of UM. Dude will win a lot of games. He is going to recruit well (everyone at UM has), knows the rivalries, knows the alums, gets AA. This was the best hire in this particular situation. It's a home run.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!