4 team playoff, call it!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: 4 team playoff, call it!

Post by WolverineSteve »

Oregon, Florida, MSU, OU
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

WolverineSteve wrote:Oregon, Florida, MSU, OU
Interesting. I wonder if a 1 loss MSU or Oregon will get to the dance?

I'll say OU, FSU, Bama, Oregon.
Last edited by Killian on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jsc810 wrote:Ohio State
Honest question. Do you even follow college football?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Ohio State
Honest question. Do you even follow college football?
The Buckeyes'll be fine. Won't skip a beat....at least according the TOSBSH I work with.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, of course. I mean, when you lose your Heisman Trophy contending QB two weeks before the season, 4/5 starters on the o-line, one of the nation's best RB's, your All-American middle linebacker, and your best defensive back off an already horrendous secondary...it stands to reason you will see no drop-off. :?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Well, of course. I mean, when you lose your Heisman Trophy contending QB two weeks before the season, 4/5 starters on the o-line, one of the nation's best RB's, your All-American middle linebacker, and your best defensive back off an already horrendous secondary...it stands to reason you will see no drop-off. :?
Ever watch Moneyball? :grin:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Florida State
Baylor
Georgia
Oregon
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

FSU
Michigan State
Oregon
Alabama
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Alabama
Florida State
Michigan State
Stanford
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:
Jsc810 wrote: but they do have a coach with SEC experience, so I'm giving the edge to Ohio State.
:shock:
OUCH!
How'd all that "SEC experience" help him against the only two good teams he played last year? And that was WITH Braxton Miller.

:shock:
OUCH!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

L45B wrote:Florida State
Baylor
Georgia
Oregon
Yeah, I'll go with that. Would take Bama over Georgia but it's week 1 and they're still figuring out their QB situation. That rarely bodes well.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Buckeye fan doesn't think their recent losses at key positions is a big deal.

They went from 10:1 in Vegas to 35:1 after Miller went down.

Apparently the people who build billion-dollar hotels off gamblers' losses think it actually is a big deal.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see UGA start 0-2. Clemson's a better team, and SC has a week & a half to get their heads out of their asses. They won't be happy.

Murray is GONE & Hutson Mason isn't worth a shit.
Georgia going 7-5 would surprise me no more than Georgia going 13-0. You just never know with them.

I guess I'll change that pick to "whichever team wins the SEC".
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't know yet with MSU. I want to see how much drop-off there is on defense this year. I don't like all the playoff talk they're getting. Would rather by flying under the radar.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think there's a lot riding on the Sparty/Duck game (thanks, Marcus Allen).

If MSU gets shithammered, they could run the table, and probably still not make The Other Final Four. If they win, or at least put on a good showing, then the sky's the limit.

Same goes for Oregon, but I think Oregon faces a much tougher schedule down the road (because they don't play in the How-The-Mighty-Have-Fallen Conference like MSU).
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: And totally unrelated, Mgo:

It's gonna be a good fall.
Sept 5? FUCK YEAH.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Same goes for Oregon, but I think Oregon faces a much tougher schedule down the road (because they don't play in the How-The-Mighty-Have-Fallen Conference like MSU).
Eh, I guess so, but the Meatgrinder Lite isn't off to a great start. Way to let Rutgers fly across the country and slap you in the nuts.

B1G - 1
Pac - 0
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yup, Rutgers got over. But can we really get too worked up over a battle of bottom-feeders?

Neither Ray Rice nor Jason Gesser is walking through that door any time soon.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Georgia
Oregon
Oklahoma
Florida State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

jason gesser...he's the posterboy for Wazzou being good? i forgot he even existed. and i think he might have started for Wazzou when OU beat them in the Rose Bowl. Nate Hybl was the grandaddy MVP...i bet ya'll forgot HE existed.

kinda surprised Leach is sucking so much at WSU....i guess the out in the bumfuck nowheres of Lubbock middle of Texas hs football really is that much stronger than bumfuck nowhere west coast. he's got to be trying to get in to Cali's 2 star no one respected you in recruiting market. shouldn't take that much for Leach to find some guys who can trick their way to winning 6 games a year. he went to Pepperdine so it's not he's out of his element totally. they lost to Jon Embree's Colorado in Pullman. that is BAD football. Losing to Rutgers is never good. props to the Scarlet Knights.

i can't yet pick Oklahoma as a final four team. there's a lot to like about this team thus far. they have a nice group of athletes, active on D, and seem to be on the same page with an offensive identity in the post-forever Landry Jones era and Blake Bell strengths and limitations fooling about. Last time we saw them outside yesterday they did beat the team that is going to try out gorilla you on the LOS in Bama.

FSU (schedule, Winston)
UO (too much talent, QB)
Bama (too tough upfront, has a gimme loss maybe two based on past success with media lobby)
x

you guys blowing ATM is hilarious. Ags beat a 2nd tier team/program. hooray? the 3rd week in October or maybe sooner the SEC BSH crew will be talking about gimmick offense again....or how Kevin Sumlin invented the forward pass. and i tell you previously the "SEC speed" wasn't about the offense when it came to the spread. it was about how the SEC had the db's to play man on WR's who now can't get separation deep. so, you can close the field and make the spread all dink and dunk. that's how Bama beat Colt McCoy...who honestly didn't have a legit deep threat anyway so the game was loaded even when Colt got hurt**, and UF beat Sam Bradford.

Who said UGA had the same chance to go 13-0 as 7-5. I'll take 7-5 every time and build my own tall ass hotel in Vegas. i might lose once in this imaginary Buck Belue/Hershel Walker reality that does not yet exist but the other Mark Richt top 10 team underachieving force of gravity is my paving stone and penthouse design.

**Colt was all dink/dunk and had to rely on that other guy who was his roommate and lover. but, and i can't believe i'm going to say this, the occasional genius of Greg Davis was to get the big TE into 3rd down bailouts and let the spread option work (like he did with Vince). but that team had no one who could beat your best corner deep. LB's could play up to stop the TE and Colt spread. a shit OU team blue printed this and almost beat a very very good UT team in Dallas.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:jason gesser...he's the posterboy for Wazzou being good? i forgot he even existed. and i think he might have started for Wazzou when OU beat them in the Rose Bowl. Nate Hybl was the grandaddy MVP...i bet ya'll forgot HE existed.

kinda surprised Leach is sucking so much at WSU....i guess the out in the bumfuck nowheres of Lubbock middle of Texas hs football really is that much stronger than bumfuck nowhere west coast. he's got to be trying to get in to Cali's 2 star no one respected you in recruiting market. shouldn't take that much for Leach to find some guys who can trick their way to winning 6 games a year. he went to Pepperdine so it's not he's out of his element totally. they lost to Jon Embree's Colorado in Pullman. that is BAD football. Losing to Rutgers is never good. props to the Scarlet Knights.

i can't yet pick Oklahoma as a final four team. there's a lot to like about this team thus far. they have a nice group of athletes, active on D, and seem to be on the same page with an offensive identity in the post-forever Landry Jones era and Blake Bell strengths and limitations fooling about. Last time we saw them outside yesterday they did beat the team that is going to try out gorilla you on the LOS in Bama.

FSU (schedule, Winston)
UO (too much talent, QB)
Bama (too tough upfront, has a gimme loss maybe two based on past success with media lobby)
x

you guys blowing ATM is hilarious. Ags beat a 2nd tier team/program. hooray? the 3rd week in October or maybe sooner the SEC BSH crew will be talking about gimmick offense again....or how Kevin Sumlin invented the forward pass. and i tell you previously the "SEC speed" wasn't about the offense when it came to the spread. it was about how the SEC had the db's to play man on WR's who now can't get separation deep. so, you can close the field and make the spread all dink and dunk. that's how Bama beat Colt McCoy...who honestly didn't have a legit deep threat anyway so the game was loaded even when Colt got hurt**, and UF beat Sam Bradford.

Who said UGA had the same chance to go 13-0 as 7-5. I'll take 7-5 every time and build my own tall ass hotel in Vegas. i might lose once in this imaginary Buck Belue/Hershel Walker reality that does not yet exist but the other Mark Richt top 10 team underachieving force of gravity is my paving stone and penthouse design.

**Colt was all dink/dunk and had to rely on that other guy who was his roommate and lover. but, and i can't believe i'm going to say this, the occasional genius of Greg Davis was to get the big TE into 3rd down bailouts and let the spread option work (like he did with Vince). but that team had no one who could beat your best corner deep. LB's could play up to stop the TE and Colt spread. a shit OU team blue printed this and almost beat a very very good UT team in Dallas.
Rack the fuck out that entire post.

Get this man a fucking taco.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'll say

Bammer
A Fay Shoe
MSU
Somebody from the PAC12

Next week's PAC12 opener will be interesting.

SC looked good against Fresneck but the Bulldogs don't have Stanford's line - on either side of the ball.
Stanford pretty much overwhelmed UC Davis but...well...UC Davis. Can you say FCS?

Ty Montgomery looks scary right now. Just hope he can stay healthy. The Stanford defense, despite losing a lot of starters, hasn't really lost a step IMO.

SC has a lot of speed, and some good looking freshmen. Stanford has made their living shutting down speed.
Stanford rarely even lets a true freshman on the field, but Christian McCaffrey could turn out to be the best in the conference.

Whoever loses this game, especially if it's Stanford, will have a hard time getting back in the race.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My opening remark will state the obvious -- can't tell much from whooping a cupcake-cash-grabber.

King Crimson wrote:jason gesser...he's the posterboy for Wazzou being good? i forgot he even existed.
I dunno man, I had forgotten about him too -- my "joke" just required a good player from each team, and Rice and Gesser were the most recent ones I could remember from either team. Has there been a dominant player from Wazzu since Gesser? I started with Leaf, then my memory kicked in and I remembered they had a decent QB since him. Had a really good WR in the last couple of years, but Leach made him cry so he quit. As far as Wazzou recruiting, it may not be the same as Lubbock. While the Aryan Nations is pretty much gone, you're still looking at the whitest place in the country, that's ugly and has nothing going for it. Maybe in the days when kids didn't have internet access to check places out by word-of-keyboard and visually, maybe they could snow some African American kids into going there. Only kids going there now are also-rans who are lured by playing in the PAC.

But the teams that actually played somebody (few and far between, but more than previous Week 1's), most of them looked deece on offense, and shitty on defense. Bama's D looked pourous, but they'll undoubtedly improve. LSU was hit-and-miss, but hard to judge that one, since Wisky handed them that game on a silver platter.

Georgia looked better than expected on offense.

OU... didn't see much, and it was a practice squad game.

Oregon... also a tune-up, but the offense looked amazing. Mariota looked sharper than ever, and there was some interesting new sets on offense. And the three-headed RB attack may be our best ever (which is saying a lot) -- just a wrecking crew. O-line looked good, and they rotated a lot of guys. Still have the best center in the country (3+ years starter, replacing a 4 year starter, Max Unger, who was the best center, and is now the best center in the NFL... we've been freaking spoiled at center for a loooong time).

Oregon's defense -- better get that shit dialed in. For a shit-team, SD has a very good offense (their D was helpless). They didn't get much, but broke enough big plays it's a cause for concern. On the bright side, late in the game, there were 9 freshmen in on defense, and they played well. Lots of freshmen on both sides of the ball.

And BTW -- "Royce Freeman." Get used to that name, because you're going to get sick of hearing it on ESPN/highlight shows. True frosh RB, who is huge. Like 6'1, 229 (as a true frosh). Legs bigger than my waist, and fast as all fuck. Between Marshall, Tyner, and Freeman, the rushing numbers are going to be stupid this year. A lot less worried about the "power teams" like Stanford and MSU than prior years (also the D line has gradually got bigger).

And on a sad note -- I watched a little bit of Kal/Northwestern. While not a marquee matchup, Kal actually looked somewhat sharp. I think if we just were to put them in the playoff (or just hand them the trophie) right now, this board could potentially be more tolerable. They hadn't beaten a FBS team in a couple of years.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

For some reason I actually get the Pac 12 Network (but not the SEC Network -- go figure) so I caught a little bit of the South Dakota curb-stomping in between commercial breaks and it looked like SD was gashing the Oregon defense quite bit right up the middle. Your DTs and LBs seem vulnerable. But at the same time MSU's run game didn't look stellar against mighty Jacksonville State. MSU lost a couple starters up front (one late in fall camp and one during Saturday's game) plus Jeremy Langford left the game early after getting banged up (should be good to go next week though), so that battle might be played to a stalemate.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Florida State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Auburn.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Alabama, Oregon, OU and MSU. In that order.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

This weekend will go a long way in determining the Big 10 and the PAC-12 representative.

That being said, I like the following teams:

Alabama
Florida State
Oregon
Oklahoma