I might run for school board

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

I might run for school board

Post by Dan Vogel »

I'm giving this some serious thought and I have two generous people who promise give me financial backing to do it. Has anyone here ever run for any office? My daughter is going to graduate in just over a year but my son still has a few years to go. Part of the reason I might run for school board is because of bad experience I've had with his education. And I have a lot of ideas about education that most people don't have. I think I could contribute. My son was supposed to be held back two times but teachers and admistrators were doing wrong with him and I had many meetings with them. Both times they ended up letting him go to the next grade. There have been some angry words exchanged and some misunderstood parts. I just think our schools need improvement. I think since I see this it is my duty to try to take office and help turn it around. I know most of you don't care and just want to criticize and degrade people but maybe some people here know how to be serious. So if anyone has any suggestions please give them to me.

Have a nice weekend!
mamamustanger
Elwood

Re: I might run for school board

Post by mamamustanger »

Jsc810 wrote:you're not a legitimate candidate.
I always figured him to be a bastard, too.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Bonus rack for Smackie thieving mama's handle to post that.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Bonus rack for Smackie thieving mama's handle to post that.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:...thieving mama's handle...
That's sounds like some kind of weird foreplay.

What kind of sick and twisted sex games are you up to Smackie?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I don't know about that, Dan. I think if you're honest with yourself, you would admit that you have too much pent up anger and violent hostility to ever be considered for public office. I feel as if I'm partially to blame somehow. I know I shouldn't and it's not like I ever took anything that wasn't freely offered, but I almost feel a little bit guilty about raping your whole family...almost.

You should probably reconsider. There are pictures.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:What kind of sick and twisted sex games are you up to Smackie?
The kind never dreamt of in your country.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:That's sounds like some kind of weird foreplay.
No, that was in Mikey's thread.
mamamustanger wrote:Time to break out the sled for a little mud sliding!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dan Vogel wrote:Has anyone here ever run for any office?
I know of one of our posters who ran for office last year. But he lost, so maybe you don't need advice from him.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dan Vogel wrote:Part of the reason I might run for school board is because of bad experience I've had with his education. And I have a lot of ideas about education that most people don't have. I think I could contribute. I just think our schools need improvement. I think since I see this it is my duty to try to take office and help turn it around.
You stupid fuck. Do your research. You are one of at least 5 people on a school board. Your ideas will not mean a fucking thing. Try and get 4 other people to agree with you. Right.

Most school boards are rubber stamp bodies checking off on what the administrations puts in front of them. I have watched washed up retirees and "educated" people elected to the school board, and think they just got a Senate set. They campaign and get signs and shake hands and look like the total tools they really are. They give orders to the administrations, the administrations nods their heads yes, and then does what ever the fuck they want to.

Most school board members don't have the business sense of a donkey and being elected to the " school board" is the closest thing they will ever get to local fame. Make stupid statements and look like the idiots and puppets they are. I have watched you idealist morons think you can change the world, get on a school board, and then watch your ass get handed to you on 4-1 votes all year long. 4 years of that and most run away.

For all that you should fit right in. Knock yourself out.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Derron, you sound upset at your local School Board.

Not sure I followed your rant either, but I felt the venom and passion. If things are going well in a school district then I would expect the Board would be mostly rubber stamping admin decisions. The Board should hire a super who fits their vision and then step back and let that super make the day to day decisions. The Board shouldn't interview every teacher or lunch lady or jizz Mopper, etc. Let the person you hired do their job. The Board should trust but verify the super's work. If the super ignores the high level direction given to him/her then the Board must act to correct the super's action or replace him/her.

As far as people running for School Board positions the worst in my opinion are single issue candidates. Someone who dislikes the fact that their kids textbook discusses the possibility of evolution for example and wants to ensure those texts are never used. Or the hippie mom who is upset that the school offers only one gluten free lunch option and has a coke machine in the lunch room. Her kid is prevented from having coke and anything with gluten in it at home and since she can't control her kid when she isn't there she wants the coke machine removed and only gluten free meals.

These folks are so focused on "their" issue that they really have no clue what it takes to run a district. They don't understand that the Feds and State often have requirements that the district must meet to continue to get funding. They also don't understand that the coke machines turn a profit for the school and removing them will remove the funds used for the "garden" planted out back.

Dan,

Ask yourself if there is anything in your past that you are not comfortable discussing with your Mom, Wife, or boss in front of a TV camera. If the answer is yes, then I suggest you don't run. Then ask yourself if you are ok with pissing off your neighbors and best friends, potentially never speaking to them again. Follow that up with asking your wife if she is ok potentially losing her best friend. If either ofnthose answers are no, then I suggest you not run.

My only experience with anything School Board related was to chair a redistricting committee. Someone thought I would be a good impartial choice since I didn't have any kids. Even though I didn't cast a single vote while on the committee people were upset and vented that anger towards me at times. Be ready.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:I occasionally consider running for office, if only so my opponents could bring up stuff I've done that I've forgotten.

I'd enjoy being reminded of all the shit I've done that makes me unelectable.
We could start right here.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote:Derron, you sound upset at your local School Board.
When someone makes you do 3rd grade twice and 6th grade three times you tend to get a little pissed off.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Lefty has good perception, and makes excellent points. A school board more or less sets the culture of how the districts are ran. Consider this:

Our local superintendent makes about $ 170,000. The business manager probably 150K. The budgeted revenue is about 52 million a year. Over 400 employees. In my book, you get what you pay for. For a business at those numbers, and the top two people only pull down that much ?? At 52 million a year, I want some on the ball mother fucker running that show. So that effects this talent pool, and you get what you get. Oh... and 87% of your 52 million goes to labor and benefit costs.

Most school boards are single issue people. Very few have the broad spectrum view a governing body needs. One got on because the HR dude bypassed him for a job with the district, so he got elected so he could knife the dude, or set it going that way. Another is a library advocate. Only thing she cares about and mentions it in every sentence.

With the increased standards, most unfunded Federal mandates BTW, and the increasing benefits costs, class sizes will rise, school boards will want things done, administrations will be held hostage by very powerful unions, and public education will continue its continual slide to under performing kids.

2 of my grandsons are in kindergarten. Private schools. Even at that young age, I see noticeable differences in the public v private schools. Their parents can afford it, and will probably send them there up to high school age. Private education is so much more unencumbered that public, and makes a much better product.

Politics will continue to make even minor low level offices such as school board as political as they are. They can pay administrators the peanuts they do, and get the results they do. This will continue on that way, as is has for the last 30 years, and will continue on another 30 years. The faces on the board will change, but the problems remain fundamental and seminal in nature and will never change.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Derron, you sound upset at your local School Board.
When someone makes you do 3rd grade twice and 6th grade three times you tend to get a little pissed off.
Well look here... the little ball sack sucking piglet gets off a blast without a black cock reference...there must be some kind of problem.
Derron
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:2 of my grandsons are in kindergarten.
Ages 10 and 12, no doubt.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote:
You got better than that.
Derron
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
You got better than that.
Are you serious? That is comedy gold, right there.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

In your dome very much ??

Enough for a double post. Outstanding.
Derron
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

"In your dome" anything else from 3rd grade you would like to post? Nener nener perhaps? Or maybe a IKYRBWAI?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Derron wrote:You stupid fuck. Do your research. You are one of at least 5 people on a school board. Your ideas will not mean a fucking thing. Try and get 4 other people to agree with you. Right.

Most school boards are rubber stamp bodies checking off on what the administrations puts in front of them. I have watched washed up retirees and "educated" people elected to the school board, and think they just got a Senate set. They campaign and get signs and shake hands and look like the total tools they really are. They give orders to the administrations, the administrations nods their heads yes, and then does what ever the fuck they want to.

Most school board members don't have the business sense of a donkey and being elected to the " school board" is the closest thing they will ever get to local fame. Make stupid statements and look like the idiots and puppets they are. I have watched you idealist morons think you can change the world, get on a school board, and then watch your ass get handed to you on 4-1 votes all year long. 4 years of that and most run away.

For all that you should fit right in. Knock yourself out.
You have a very pessimistic look. I don't live my life that way like you do. It's a can do attitude and it's served me well up until now. When you try to do things and put good ideas out for others to see you can get them to go along with you. I've had that experience. So if you try to rain on my parade I'm not accepting it. I would recommend some books for you to read but they are not full of the F word so I don't think they are at your level.

Those who have offered adult suggestions thank you. Left Seater I have nothing at all to hide. I've followed the law. I've been a good citizen and family man. Trouble makers can do whatever they want. Nothing will stick to me.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Dan,

I didn't only mean criminal things. Just saying the wrong thing to the wrong person can come back to haunt you if you aren't ready to face it head on.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

Derron wrote:Lefty has good perception, and makes excellent points. A school board more or less sets the culture of how the districts are ran. Consider this:

Our local superintendent makes about $ 170,000. The business manager probably 150K. The budgeted revenue is about 52 million a year. Over 400 employees. In my book, you get what you pay for. For a business at those numbers, and the top two people only pull down that much ?? At 52 million a year, I want some on the ball mother fucker running that show. So that effects this talent pool, and you get what you get. Oh... and 87% of your 52 million goes to labor and benefit costs.

Most school boards are single issue people. Very few have the broad spectrum view a governing body needs. One got on because the HR dude bypassed him for a job with the district, so he got elected so he could knife the dude, or set it going that way. Another is a library advocate. Only thing she cares about and mentions it in every sentence.

With the increased standards, most unfunded Federal mandates BTW, and the increasing benefits costs, class sizes will rise, school boards will want things done, administrations will be held hostage by very powerful unions, and public education will continue its continual slide to under performing kids.

2 of my grandsons are in kindergarten. Private schools. Even at that young age, I see noticeable differences in the public v private schools. Their parents can afford it, and will probably send them there up to high school age. Private education is so much more unencumbered that public, and makes a much better product.

Politics will continue to make even minor low level offices such as school board as political as they are. They can pay administrators the peanuts they do, and get the results they do. This will continue on that way, as is has for the last 30 years, and will continue on another 30 years. The faces on the board will change, but the problems remain fundamental and seminal in nature and will never change.
Spot on^^