I like the middle
55%
I'm usually eating my dinner in the right lane
17%

Total votes: 29

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote: And for the record, I actually agree more with Kutter then[sic] absolutely EVERY organization that does accident studies.
Some of that good ol' FTFY stuff.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dinsdale wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: And for the record, I actually agree more with Kutter then[sic] absolutely EVERY organization that does accident studies.
Some of that good ol' FTFY stuff.
wait, what is the discussion? Are we still debating idiots that dont switch lanes?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote: wait, what is the discussion? Are we still debating idiots that dont switch lanes?
Beats me. The bottom-rung got into their usual "I think today might be the day I get over on Dins" bit....once again to no avail. I'm sure they'll keep trying, though.

Their passion to measure up is amusing, though.
AJ
Irrelevant

Post by AJ »

hardcrow wrote:
KUTTER wrote:Left lane is for passing, right lane for merging/exiting, center lane for travel. What the fuck is so hard to understand about this? If I see speeding (15 mph or more over the limit) but driving in a straight line, I'll ticket you but give you a break on the the speed I write down. If you pass on the right, tailgate, cut people off, tap your brakes, change lanes without signalling, or drive too slow in the passing lane, you're getting all of it. No breaks, no warnings, no bullshit.

Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.

If you see something gaining on you in the left lane, move over as soon as the right lane is clear. If its not clear, adjust your speed up or down and get the fuck over. If you are in the right lane and someone is trying to merge, maintain your speed and be alert. DO NOT SLOW DOWN. The merging vehicle must yield right of way to moving traffic. It is acceptable to move left to accomodate the merge but not at the expense of faster traffic.

If there is a center lane, use it. Set the cruise for 8 or 9 mph over the limit and put the fucking cell phone away.
End of discussion.....rack.

Hardcrow, since you live in Denver, I know this is just a theory that you've never actually witnessed.

another satisfied Hardcrow customer
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Dinsdale wrote:OK. Well, the people that get the jobs because they have brains(sup not cops) who get data from 100's of thousands of accidents think you're wrong, too.

And did I see something about you saying you'll ticket someone for 60, if everyone else is doing 90?

Great. That's what this country needs -- low-IQ cops who think it's their job to rewrite the law, rather than enforce it. Just fucking wonderful. It's guys like you that make the methheads seem not-so-bad. Hopefully, the two groups can kill each other off, and cleanse the gene pool.
Then ask your government why there is a law in most states that if you are on a one lane highway and 5 cars are behind you, you must pull over.

"But what if he's doing the speed limit" you whine.

Laws are for idiots. The majority rules, so there are many laws that contradict each other to reflect the majority. For instance in my city their is a noise ordinance for loud mufflers. Yet old people gather every weekend at a park surrounded by a neighborhood and show off their vehicles from about 4pm to 9pm. The neighborhood calls, but there are hundreds of people in the park and only about 3 callers. Nothing is done and the police have to tell the people that the gathering has been happening for years and they know that.

In anycase, cops can enforce any law they want to. Some adult is caught with weed who was a good citizen and wasn't wearing his seatbelt, most likely he walks (that old myth that the cop took my weed to smoke it, comes from this), the guy who acts like a prick gets thrown in jail.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

If she's inexperienced, I'll get in the right lane, hit the gas, ease off, hit the gas, ease off, and repeat as necessary. It usually helps her establish a rhythm. If she's reluctant, sober, or has a really small mouth, I'll get in the left lane and go as fast as the given vehicle allows.

And you junior fucking pigs, GEICO fucks, and wanna be Clarence Darrows can take your motherfucking traffic laws and shove them straight up your quivering, puckered assholes. This isn't about YOU or your goddamn safety. I couldn't fucking care less if you take a dirt nap on the roadside so long as you don't waste MY FUCKING TIME. If you want to waste your own fucking time, have at it, there's the right lane, or fuck, use the goddamn shoulder, but I have MOTHERFUCKING PLACES TO BE. If you are in the left hand fucking lane and going slower than I am, however fast I am going, MOVE THE FUCK OVER. I don't fucking care if you have to speed up and pass a semi full of goats to do it. STOP WASTING MY FUCKING TIME. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY. If I gave a shit about your safety, hell, if you mattered in the slightest fucking bit, you wouldn't be driving anywhere near the speed limit in the motherfucking left lane, and I would not be riding your fucking clueless, bumpkin ass. Buy a fucking pony.

And just to clarify, if you ride my ass while I am in the left lane, YOU ARE ONE IGNORANT FUCKING NECK, and you should be prepared to collect your fucking tooth off the floorboard when I hit the brakes
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Once again, I am in the left lane on the interstate and some cunt gets on my ass while I have 3 vehicles ahead of me. She tries the passing on the right thing and I turn and stare at her as I close the distance in front of the car in front of me. And we drove with me staring at her while she tried not to notice. I should have pulled my cock out and showed it to her while whacking it. Women hate that. :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Moorese wrote: If you are in the left hand fucking lane and going slower than I am, however fast I am going, MOVE THE FUCK OVER.
Sounds about right, but then this?
And just to clarify, if you ride my ass while I am in the left lane, YOU ARE ONE IGNORANT FUCKING NECK, and you should be prepared to collect your fucking tooth off the floorboard when I hit the brakes
Does not compute.

Not a good idea, Moorese. While that NECK is collecting his tooth, your heirs will be collecting on life insurance policies, assuming you have some.

My bad, as selfish as you appear to be in the above post, your kids will be on ADC and foodstamps once you can't provide anymore.

Rock on.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

AJ wrote:
hardcrow wrote:
KUTTER wrote:Left lane is for passing, right lane for merging/exiting, center lane for travel. What the fuck is so hard to understand about this? If I see speeding (15 mph or more over the limit) but driving in a straight line, I'll ticket you but give you a break on the the speed I write down. If you pass on the right, tailgate, cut people off, tap your brakes, change lanes without signalling, or drive too slow in the passing lane, you're getting all of it. No breaks, no warnings, no bullshit.

Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.

If you see something gaining on you in the left lane, move over as soon as the right lane is clear. If its not clear, adjust your speed up or down and get the fuck over. If you are in the right lane and someone is trying to merge, maintain your speed and be alert. DO NOT SLOW DOWN. The merging vehicle must yield right of way to moving traffic. It is acceptable to move left to accomodate the merge but not at the expense of faster traffic.

If there is a center lane, use it. Set the cruise for 8 or 9 mph over the limit and put the fucking cell phone away.
End of discussion.....rack.

Hardcrow, since you live in Denver, I know this is just a theory that you've never actually witnessed.

rack that.

in this town, people are slow and discourteous! At an intersection, they will NOT get out of the way of emergency vehicles with lights and siren on (unless they have a green light), they will go 50 in the left lane of a freeway then get pissed when people tailgate them, they don't allow anyone to change lanes and when someone does allow that, there's no "thank you" wave from the person changing lanes. And I am almost convinced that people have this idea in their minds that when they see a cop, they will get a ticket if they go higher than 10 below the limit and then they will still drive at their obgligitory 10 below and get pissed and people who pass them.

I love Denver, but people in this town need to re-learn how to drive and include less pussification in the process!

oh and PUSH THE DAMN GAS PEDAL!
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

btw, 100th post!

stay safe out there!
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Fuckin' A, Georgia! Way to rise up!

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_ne ... p?ID=61255

Georgia sets record number of Memorial Day weekend traffic deaths

The Associated Press - ATLANTA

Georgia State Patrol officials are trying to determine why 34 people died in traffic deaths in Georgia over the Memorial Day weekend, the highest number of fatalities on record in the state for the holiday period.

"I wish I knew. Perhaps luck was on the side of passengers in previous years," said Trooper Larry Schnall, patrol spokesman.

Speed, alcohol and not wearing seat belts likely contributed to most of the deaths, Schnall said. Officials continued on Tuesday to review accident data collected over the weekend.

"A lot of people killed in fatal accidents do not wear seat belts," he said.

Schnall also said it will take some time for troopers to determine how many Georgia drivers wore seat belts during the holiday weekend. Typically, up to 87 percent of Georgia drivers and passengers wear seat belts.

The fatality total broke the record of 27 set in 1969, the year officials began keeping track of Memorial Day weekend fatalities. The Memorial Day holiday ran from 6 p.m. Friday to midnight Monday.

Schnall said rainy weather also might have been a factor, but it was not one of the three common denominators in the deaths.

The number of recorded deaths far exceeded the 17 the state was expecting. One reason was that several accidents involved multiple deaths.

There were at least 2,129 accidents over the holiday weekend in Georgia, injuring 638 people.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

jiminphilly wrote:Most on-ramps in PA have a yield to the merging traffic, not the on-coming traffic. That being said, I usually switch to the left lane to let traffic in otherwise it slows EVERYONE down.
CORRECTION:
Most on-ramps in PA are practically nonexistent. :P

Perhaps I should clarify my earlier comment on passing:
I'm not an old fart dawdling in the fast lane. Most times when I'm getting passed on the right,
I'm going at least 10 mph over the posted speed. When traffic is light, I'll generally move to the right
in case some fool comes blazing along doing his "I'm on the German Autobahn" impression.
When I'm driving down I-270 to my folks in Bethesda, MD, I have to go AT LEAST 65-70
in what's supposed to be 55, AND try to stay out of the left lane, just to survive. :x
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

d-townmike wrote:
AJ wrote:
hardcrow wrote: End of discussion.....rack.

rack that.

in this town, people are slow and discourteous! At an intersection, they will NOT get out of the way of emergency vehicles with lights and siren on (unless they have a green light), they will go 50 in the left lane of a freeway then get pissed when people tailgate them, they don't allow anyone to change lanes and when someone does allow that, there's no "thank you" wave from the person changing lanes. And I am almost convinced that people have this idea in their minds that when they see a cop, they will get a ticket if they go higher than 10 below the limit and then they will still drive at their obgligitory 10 below and get pissed and people who pass them.

I love Denver, but people in this town need to re-learn how to drive and include less pussification in the process!

oh and PUSH THE DAMN GAS PEDAL!

I agree, the drivers here are kinda brain/dead...

but, I have yet to see a state spend less money on road improvement. There is absolutely no excuse for I-25 to be only 2 lanes from Denver to Pueblo which is over 100 miles on what is the 2nd longest freeway in the state, which also connects the 3 largest cities in the state!!!

I can only imagine how much money Colorado loses due to being in stop and go traffic on I-25 between the Springs and Denver.

m2
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

War Wagon wrote:Does not compute.
I knew I could count on one of you mensas to identify the kantruhdickshun.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moorese posted twice.....let's party.

Although he's from a city where they have off-ramps from the left lane, so I wouldn't put too much stock in his opinions on travelling the interstate.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Dinsdale wrote:off-ramps from the left lane
It's an effective means of keeping the Canucks on the freeway bound for your town instead of scooting around at 5 mph through ours. Besides, left fits.

And in other U&L news, one of our larger off leash dog parks, Marymoor (40 acres), is restricting a portion of the park for use by smaller dogs only so they won't feel "intimidated" by the larger dogs while getting their shit on and their hump on. Praise be.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moorese wrote: And in other U&L news, one of our larger off leash dog parks, Marymoor (40 acres), is restricting a portion of the park for use by smaller dogs only so they won't feel "intimidated" by the larger dogs while getting their shit on and their hump on. Praise be.
We do things a little different down south. The little dogs aren't intimidated by the big dogs in the off-leash park -- they're intimidated by the doggy serial killer that's been offing them.

Also, the Portland Police passed a rule that says...are you ready.....that the police aren't supposed to shoot negroes.....ERRRRRRR....."suspects" in the back as they flee unarmed anymore. Of course, the rule doesn't go into effect until next month or so, so I'm sure they'll get their licks in before that. A good substitute for common sense and upholding the law, I suppose. Actually, I should stop complaining -- due to the public outcry(they shot a couple of white people too, so something had to be done), they've actually only been bagging about one kill every other month, which is way down from previous years.

And I see you guys working the canadian angle. Fuck you, we don't want them either. Do you know how hard it is to drive down 101 in summer with 100,000 British Columbatards driving 3MPH on a two-lane highway? Don't they like have beaches in their own country they can pollute? As touron season approaches, if I hear one more fucking canadian tell me how lame America is, I'm not going to fight them -- I'm going to introduce them to our lax gun-control laws.

BTW - I might have an occasion to visit your not-so-fair city in the next couple of weeks. My good friend has a work sentence.....errrrr....."assignment" in Hellview, and wants me to come up for a game. Maybe the Baltimore series.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh dude....Rush hour in Seattle is best negotiated blindfolded. Otherwise, you'll just be scratching your head the whole time.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

m2 wrote:but, I have yet to see a state spend less money on road improvement. There is absolutely no excuse for I-25 to be only 2 lanes from Denver to Pueblo which is over 100 miles on what is the 2nd longest freeway in the state, which also connects the 3 largest cities in the state!!!

I can only imagine how much money Colorado loses due to being in stop and go traffic on I-25 between the Springs and Denver.

m2
Wrongo! Obviously it's been a LONG time since you've been to Denver. I-25 is now 3+ lanes from Longmont to Castle Rock, roughly 50 miles, with it being 3-6 lanes through the Denver area. And in the Springs, it's now 3-4 lanes through that city with a few areas of two.

The state is, or should I say we are, spending over a billion dollars to improve I-25 between downtown Denver and the Denver Tech Center, about 7 miles, and that project is 75% done. T-rex

As far as making it more than two lanes from Castle Rock to the Springs or Longmont to Fort Collins, it is in the works, but no work has started yet and traffic south of Castle Rock is heavier than usual for a two lane rural interstate, but not bumper to bumper by any means on a good day.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

d-townmike wrote:
m2 wrote:but, I have yet to see a state spend less money on road improvement. There is absolutely no excuse for I-25 to be only 2 lanes from Denver to Pueblo which is over 100 miles on what is the 2nd longest freeway in the state, which also connects the 3 largest cities in the state!!!

m2
Wrongo! Obviously it's been a LONG time since you've been to Denver.
If you consider this morning a LONG time ago, than yeah.
I was talking about connecting your major towns with what is basically rural country highway. Someone changes a tire, and you get a backup of about 7 miles. You know that as well as I do. With the growth that Colorado has had over the last 10 years, it should have been 3 to 4 lanes each way a long time ago.

d-townmike wrote:As far as making it more than two lanes from Castle Rock to the Springs or Longmont to Fort Collins, it is in the works, but no work has started yet and traffic south of Castle Rock is heavier than usual for a two lane rural interstate, but not bumper to bumper by any means on a good day.
Which are far and in between. In another 10 years, Denver to Colorado Springs will be one big city/suburb.

m2
AJ
Irrelevant

Post by AJ »

d-townmike wrote:

m2
Wrongo! Obviously it's been a LONG time since you've been to Denver. I-25 is now 3+ lanes from Longmont to Castle Rock, roughly 50 miles, with it being 3-6 lanes through the Denver area. And in the Springs, it's now 3-4 lanes through that city with a few areas of two.

The state is, or should I say we are, spending over a billion dollars to improve I-25 between downtown Denver and the Denver Tech Center, about 7 miles, and that project is 75% done. T-rex

As far as making it more than two lanes from Castle Rock to the Springs or Longmont to Fort Collins, it is in the works, but no work has started yet and traffic south of Castle Rock is heavier than usual for a two lane rural interstate, but not bumper to bumper by any means on a good day.

Ssssshhhhh! We don't want any more people coming here, especially Californians and Texans.
another satisfied Hardcrow customer
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

m2 wrote:In another 10 years, Denver to Colorado Springs will be one big city/suburb in the middle of the fly-over zone.
Werd to your prairies.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Moorese wrote:
m2 wrote:In another 10 years, Denver to Colorado Springs will be one big city/suburb in the middle of the fly-over zone.
Werd to your prairies.
m2 obviously hasn't been through the 303/719 in about 10 years
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Funkywhiteboy wrote:.....
Perhaps I should clarify my earlier comment on passing:
I'm not an old fart dawdling in the fast lane. Most times when I'm getting passed on the right,
I'm going at least 10 mph over the posted speed. When traffic is light, I'll generally move to the right
in case some fool comes blazing along doing his "I'm on the German Autobahn" impression.
No clarification needed. You are one of an all too common brand of 'tard that thinks that he has the right to park in the "fast" lane because he is exceeding the posted limit.

It is not the "fast" lane. It is the "passing" lane. If you are not in the act of passing someone, stay the fukk out of it. As for the fool doing the german autobahn immitation, would you be refering to the guy who comes rolling up on you and flashes his lights to say, "get the fukk over"? Try staying out of the way and maybe he won't have to.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

m2 wrote:In another 10 years, Denver to Colorado Springs will be one big city/suburb.
North of Denver to Fort Collins has a better shot at the big city/suburb thing in the next 10 years than south to Colorado Springs. South of Castle Rock you don't see any civilization until about Monument!
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Moorese wrote:

And you junior fucking pigs, GEICO fucks, and wanna be Clarence Darrows can take your motherfucking traffic laws and shove them straight up your quivering, puckered assholes. This isn't about YOU or your goddamn safety. I couldn't fucking care less if you take a dirt nap on the roadside so long as you don't waste MY FUCKING TIME. If you want to waste your own fucking time, have at it, there's the right lane, or fuck, use the goddamn shoulder, but I have MOTHERFUCKING PLACES TO BE. If you are in the left hand fucking lane and going slower than I am, however fast I am going, MOVE THE FUCK OVER. I don't fucking care if you have to speed up and pass a semi full of goats to do it. STOP WASTING MY FUCKING TIME. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY.

Rack! :lol:

socal
Prepare to qualify!

Re:

Post by socal »

socal wrote:Fuckin' A, Georgia! Way to rise up!

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_ne ... p?ID=61255

Georgia sets record number of Memorial Day weekend traffic deaths

The Associated Press - ATLANTA

Georgia State Patrol officials are trying to determine why 34 people died in traffic deaths in Georgia over the Memorial Day weekend, the highest number of fatalities on record in the state for the holiday period.

"I wish I knew. Perhaps luck was on the side of passengers in previous years," said Trooper Larry Schnall, patrol spokesman.

Speed, alcohol and not wearing seat belts likely contributed to most of the deaths, Schnall said. Officials continued on Tuesday to review accident data collected over the weekend.

"A lot of people killed in fatal accidents do not wear seat belts," he said.

Schnall also said it will take some time for troopers to determine how many Georgia drivers wore seat belts during the holiday weekend. Typically, up to 87 percent of Georgia drivers and passengers wear seat belts.

The fatality total broke the record of 27 set in 1969, the year officials began keeping track of Memorial Day weekend fatalities. The Memorial Day holiday ran from 6 p.m. Friday to midnight Monday.

Schnall said rainy weather also might have been a factor, but it was not one of the three common denominators in the deaths.

The number of recorded deaths far exceeded the 17 the state was expecting. One reason was that several accidents involved multiple deaths.

There were at least 2,129 accidents over the holiday weekend in Georgia, injuring 638 people.
Props, Georgia for handling the icy zombie apocalypse.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Interstate etiquette

Post by smackaholic »

It was kind of nice to read folks that poptart ran 8 years ago.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Southern states don't have the infrastructure to deal with winter weather, so it's easy to understand school closings and high accident rates. One foot of snow in the north is the equivalent to one inch of snow in the south. I'm glad you made it through the treachery safely, Spray. Try to stay warm, old chum.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Snow isn't so much the issue, rather it is the ice that usually comes along with any snow.

Due to the proximity of the gulf and it's much warmer temps we usually see warm air overriding the cool surface temps. This means the precip is mostly rain until it gets within a few thousand feet of the ground. It then freezes on the roads, cars, etc. A few hours later when the colder air has driven the warmer air alof further south we see snow or at least freezing precip. This just covers the existing ice layer.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Try to stay warm, old chum.
That's what the thick, insulating layer of fat is for.
It gets burned off by springtime, but then it's back to grazing in green, open pastures.

...and by "green, open pastures" I actually mean KFC.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Weather. Pussies. EOS.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:Nobody from anywhere could do shit on the stuff. No - ATL doesn't have fuck loads of salt, sand & trucks to handle such shit. Why? It might snow once a year there.
That was my whole point, friend. No need for barbs or personal attacks. Like I said, southern states don't spend taxpayer dollars to retrofit roads for winter, mobilize salt trucks, etc. It makes no sense when this sort of thing happens once in a blue moon.

I'm glad you made it out okay. This stuff can truly be a nightmare. Continue to be well, old pal.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Rule of thumb: Right lane, do the posted speed limit. Each lane to the left, add 10 mph.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

More like rule of thumb up your ass.

Once again, going a certain speed does not dictate moving left. If you are going 140 mph and you are in the right lane, there is no reason to move left. The krauts have some sort of term for it that means 'stay right', I think. You move left to pass or possibly if there are on ramps ahead with traffic.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Weather. Pussies. EOS.
Uhm... no.

The ex-GF grew up in and around Boston until moving here. Chowds know a thing or two about driving in snow. Her first winter here, it snowed (a bunch), which doesn't happen every winter. After couple of miles, she said "fuck, you can't drive in this shit."

Like Buttsy said -- when it snows here, it's usually 32-33 degrees. The huge flakes are slick as fuck. Plus, here Out West, we have these things called "hills." Outside the middle of the city, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. Easiest (lowest) route for me to go towards downtown is over a 650 foot hill. Let me know when you guys grow some of those.

And with our every-3-year snow, we don't actually spend much money planning for it. We wait a day or two and it melts. Sure, ODOT goes crazy with de-icer when temps are going to dip below freezing (sup, tonight... assholes) on the freeway eamps and steep thoroughfares (but mostly just freeway ramps), since we get black ice frequently. But the "foreigners" who think it's just an inability to drive eventually get a harsh dose of reality. We live down the road from the snowiest place on earth, asshats -- we understand snow. We just think only idiots live in it.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Can't afford any more speeding tickets, so I pretty much turn on the Grateful Dead Channel and stick my cruise control to within 3 mph of the speed limit. I'll generally stay out of the left lane, unless either there are only two lanes or the left lane is moving at or below the speed limit. In either of those cases I don't GARA how bad you want me to move, you can go the fuck around me.

It might piss you off but
1) I won't get any speeding tickets
2) I'm getting 47 mpg
3) My blood pressure has gone way down
5) You're probably not going to get there any faster anyway
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: 5) You're probably not going to get there any faster anyway

A few years ago, a local news station had a race between 2 employees. Peak of rush hour, opposite ends of the metro area (probably a 2 hour drive in heavy traffic). One's directive was to stay in the right lane and go with traffic. The other's was to do everything they could to get there as fast as possible (they offered to pay any tickets, like you'd ever see a cop on the freeways during rush hour here).

The difference was less than 2 minutes. The repeated it with different start and end points, with the same results.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Things are different here -- the few black folk don't do anything to piss people off in traffic.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote:Can't afford any more speeding tickets, so I pretty much turn on the Grateful Dead Channel and stick my cruise control to within 3 mph of the speed limit. I'll generally stay out of the left lane, unless either there are only two lanes or the left lane is moving at or below the speed limit. In either of those cases I don't GARA how bad you want me to move, you can go the fuck around me.

It might piss you off but
1) I won't get any speeding tickets
2) I'm getting 47 mpg
3) My blood pressure has gone way down
5) You're probably not going to get there any faster anyway
No, you won't get a ticket for speeding.

But you could be cited for violating California Vehicle Code section 21650.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22