Who's game?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BarFlie
x-grunt

Re: Who's game?

Post by BarFlie »

I plan to visit my lady friend in NC this april. Her birthday is april 13 and a weekend in DC might make a nice present. Consider me as mulling it over :grin:
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

BarFlie wrote:I plan to visit my lady friend in NC this april. Her birthday is april 13 and a weekend in DC might make a nice present. Consider me as mulling it over :grin:
Fuck that "mulling it over" shit. Get yo' raggedy ass out here!
"I see everything twice!"
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

Now I'm confused. Were the dates changed to the first weekend in April instead of the second weekend? If so then please disregard my mulling it over comment cus it ain't gonna happen.
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

Yeah it's the weekend of the 4th now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

We'll have to mount up a search and destroy mission for Barflie. I'm rolling my pennies.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

The truth is I hate baseball. I wouldn't travel to any city in the world to see a game even if you paid me. :grin:
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Time has come for more details on this whole shebang. Weekend of 4/4 for sure? Nat's ball game ? Details concerning transportation, housing, etc. ?? Inquiring minds gots to know before they pony up for plane tickets from RSW to DCA.
I'll give Barflie a pass. Still we could lie and say we were gathering to protest for federal legalization.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

So any of you planning to hang thru Sunday? I have the chance to work a B1G spring game that Saturday, but will certainly fly thru DC on the way home. Would likely arrive around 8:00 pm Saturday. So what is the Saturday and Sunday schedule shaping up to be?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wolfman wrote:Weekend of 4/4 for sure? Nat's ball game ? Details concerning transportation, housing, etc. ?? Inquiring minds gots to know before they pony up for plane tickets from RSW to DCA.
Still working toward that weekend. No definitive plans yet since I don't know who to expect or when they'll be here. Tentative plans are to meet at a bar in Arlington near where I live on Fri night, go to a Nats game Sat, & figure out what to do the rest of the time between now & then.
Left Seater wrote:So any of you planning to hang thru Sunday? I have the chance to work a B1G spring game that Saturday, but will certainly fly thru DC on the way home. Would likely arrive around 8:00 pm Saturday.
I'm guessing Sunday will be getaway day for most, but I'm sure we can find ways to get into trouble while you're here. The ballgame is at 7:05 Sat, so I probably won't be able to pick you up at the airport. My guess is most folks would be flying in Fri or Sat, and I'll do what I can to be able to pick as many as possible. Washington National is the most convenient airport, but I can make it out to Dulles as well. Would prefer not having to go to BWI.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

I'd love to come
but my next trip to the US isn't scheduled till Feb 2015 for a wedding
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:So any of you planning to hang thru Sunday? I have the chance to work a B1G spring game that Saturday, but will certainly fly thru DC on the way home. Would likely arrive around 8:00 pm Saturday.
I'm guessing Sunday will be getaway day for most, but I'm sure we can find ways to get into trouble while you're here. The ballgame is at 7:05 Sat, so I probably won't be able to pick you up at the airport. My guess is most folks would be flying in Fri or Sat, and I'll do what I can to be able to pick as many as possible. Washington National is the most convenient airport, but I can make it out to Dulles as well. Would prefer not having to go to BWI.
Airport pick up? Way to roll out the red carpet. Prolly totally unnecessary for anyone flying into DCA, but first class treatment for sure.

I will have to miss the baseball game, but meet up with y'all after.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Not game, Smackie.

I might come if'n Mikey had a pool party.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Made my hotel reservation for the troll stop weekend. I thought the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport was a good choice. They have an airport shuttle, the Metro stop is on the same property, and the rate was good.

This property often has last minute weekend rates around $79. I booked a rate of $109, but will check back as the date gets closer and rebook if the rate drops.

If for some reason this hotel isn't kosher throw out your own suggestions.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ ... l-airport/
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'd be so game if I didn't have 2 other trips planned around this time. It's my spring break from work and I have a trip planned up the California coast and another to TN to visit my parents. Otherwise, it would be a perfect time. Maybe I will be able to retire soon and it would be more feasible. Or a troll stop in So Cal would be even better.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

socal wrote:Not game, Smackie.

I might come if'n Mikey had a pool party.
A SoCal troll stop at Mikey's cement pond might be feasible sometime, once we get the yard just the way we want it.

OK never mind.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:I'd be so game if I didn't have 2 other trips planned around this time. It's my spring break from work and I have a trip planned up the California coast and another to TN to visit my parents. Otherwise, it would be a perfect time. Maybe I will be able to retire soon and it would be more feasible. Or a troll stop in So Cal would be even better.
Already been done.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I'd like to start trying to get a head count of those who plan to attend, and find out from those who'll be coming what accommodations you'll be wanting some help with. Last-minute decisions to attend are, of course, welcome, but having a rough idea of who'll be here as early as possible will help with the planning. I'll need to alert the local authorities to warn them of the onslaught of out-of-town assholes descending upon our fair community.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I am arriving DCA at 6:12 pm on Saturday. Leaving Sunday at 4:55 pm.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I'm gonna have to take a pass, as it turns out.

Hope a good time is had by all who go.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

going to be in the baltimore area nnext friday for a yob interview. if i do get the gig, there is a fair chance i would be there for training during the trollstop. if so, i am there.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:going to be in the baltimore area nnext friday for a yob interview.

Safe to assume it's not with Image
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
smackaholic wrote:going to be in the baltimore area nnext friday for a yob interview.

Safe to assume it's not with Image
Yes, very safe.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So Smacky is the plan for Saturday night still a baseball game?

If so do I need to get you some cash?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Flight 327
From (LAX)
Departs: 12:55 PM on 4-4-14
To (DCA)
Arrives: 10:59 PM

Flight 1405
From (DCA)
Departs: 12:42 PM on 4-7-14
To (LAX)
Arrives: 4:52 PM

No hotel booked yet probably stay at a Westin.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Left Seater wrote:So Smacky is the plan for Saturday night still a baseball game?

If so do I need to get you some cash?
That's the plan. The night before is their home opener and I'm told it's sold out. My thought was that we could just buy tickets on game day, (7:05 start against ATL), but if they're hot commodities I may get them in advance if I have a pretty clear idea of how many of us will be going. I don't need anything up front - just pay when you see me.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Moving Sale wrote:Flight 327
From (LAX)
Departs: 12:55 PM on 4-4-14
To (DCA)
Arrives: 10:59 PM

Flight 1405
From (DCA)
Departs: 12:42 PM on 4-7-14
To (LAX)
Arrives: 4:52 PM

No hotel booked yet probably stay at a Westin.
Cool. My thought is if there's a group here on the 4th, we could meet at a sports bar in Crystal City, which is close to DCA, or a bar up the street from where I live in Arlington, which is pretty close, too. If you're getting into DCA around 11pm, I suspect we'll still be out when you arrive & you can meet us there or I could probably even pick you up. Let me know what you wanna do & I'll make the arrangements or you can work things out yourself. I'll PM those who will be here with my cell #.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Left Seater wrote:I am arriving DCA at 6:12 pm on Saturday. Leaving Sunday at 4:55 pm.
You should still be able to make the game; might miss the first inning or so. Is Mrs. Seater coming with you?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No Mrs Seater.

Smackie, yeah, I will likely miss the first inning or so but no big deal.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I'm bringing my 9yo son so straight up bars are out. Other than that it all sounds good, but no need to provide transportation we got that covered. But thanks.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

88 wrote:I made reservations at the hotel Lefty suggested (Marriott: 1999 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington).
Anyone coming out with you? Wife? Kids? Concubine?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Moving Sale wrote:No hotel booked yet probably stay at a Westin.
The nearest Westin out here is in the Ballston area, which isn't really near the Crystal City/DCA area. Shouldn't be a problem, but there are many hotels in Crystal City. Here's the info on the Westin: http://www.westinarlingtongateway.com/
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Westin downtown DC is probably closer to Crystal City and DCA than the one in Ballston, unless you are cabbing. The Westin is near 14 and M NW, right up the yellow line.

Other than the Westin, there are obviously a whole shitload of hotels in the Crystal City area that would do just fine.

Moving Sale, Crystal City Sports Bar is restaurant style, so it would be suitable for your son. Crystal City Restaurant, on the other hand, is not, so don't take him there.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Crystal City Sports Bar is restaurant style, so it would be suitable for your son. Crystal City Restaurant, on the other hand, is not, so don't take him there.
:lol:

Yeah, I'd have him steer clear of CCR with a 9-yr-old. The Sports Bar should be fine, though, other than them getting in so late. But their body clocks will still be on Pacific Time, so all should be good.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Fucked up and Booked Key Bridge Marriott not DCA Marriott. And the room was still more than the transcontinental flight. :shock:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Moving Sale wrote:Fucked up and Booked Key Bridge Marriott not DCA Marriott. And the room was still more than the transcontinental flight. :shock:
Nice job fucking that up, but the Key Bridge Marriott isn't bad, has great views of the Potomac. I attend breakfasts there all the time.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Moving Sale wrote:Fucked up and Booked Key Bridge Marriott not DCA Marriott.
You have plenty of time to change it without penalty.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

There are two Marriotts in Crystal City: Crystal Gateway Marriott and Crystal City Marriott. They are literally right next to each other.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:There are two Marriott's in Crystal City: Crystal Gateway Marriott and Crystal City Marriott. They are literally right next to each other.
And also right next to a Metro station.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I was told we are three blocks from rosylen(sp?) station. Is that not true?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Moving Sale wrote:I was told we are three blocks from rosylen(sp?) station. Is that not true?
Sounds about right. The Crystal City Metro station is literally right below the Marriott. Anywhere you stay should be fine.