Serious response to AP

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Serious response to AP

Post by poptart »

The divorce rate in America is around 50% - and it would be higher than that if all the people who wished they could get a divorce actually went through with it.

People can't even live happily within their own skin, so of course they aren't going to make it when they are living with another human being day after day without end.

Marriage, no marriage, live with a fuck doll, whatever... the issue is, man is living within a curse and he WILL find his failure, unhappiness, and destruction no matter.

Man can not live apart from his Creator.

Genesis 3:17-18
[17] And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
[18] Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee

The very ground is cursed and 'thorns and thistles' is what your labor will bring you.

Those who seek a nice marriage - will find their destruction within it.
Those who seek $$$ - will be destroyed within it.
Those who decide to go at life single - will be destroyed just that way.

Decisions ultimately matter not, and there is no good strategy which will prevail.

Man must meet God and then he can find his way.

I'm here to tell the truth.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Serious response to AP

Post by Van »

pop wrote:I'm here to spin tell the truth.
pop, yeah, just in case you didn't know, plenty of hardcore Christian freaks get divorced/want to get divorced too.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:The divorce rate in America is around 50% - and it would be higher than that if all the people who wished they could get a divorce actually went through with it.
And yet same sex unions are the biggest threat to "traditional" marriage.

:meds:

I guess divorce is now considered traditional.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:
poptart wrote:The divorce rate in America is around 50% - and it would be higher than that if all the people who wished they could get a divorce actually went through with it.
And yet same sex unions are the biggest threat to "traditional" marriage.

of course it is.....didn't you hear that when the first state to ratify same sex unions did so, the sun threw out a giant flare and disrupted phone service in three cities on the Equator?
get out, get out while there's still time
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Oh, look, yet another tired Jsc link that either tries to rationalize the depravity of his dyke sister or validate the murder of his unborn child...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:
pop wrote:I'm here to spin tell the truth.
pop, yeah, just in case you didn't know, plenty of hardcore Christian freaks get divorced/want to get divorced too.
Believers in Christ are not immune to being deceived, making poor decisions, sinning, having bad things done to them, being used, being hurt, hurting others... etc.

What we are immune to is the curse upon mankind which inevitably and undoubtedly takes an individual to complete ruin and failure.

The Kingdom of God has come upon the believer ---> and that Kingdom will never leave.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Who cares? What does that have to do with your original point to AP, which has now been roundly trounced?

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

What do you think my original point to AP was?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

AP posted a question regarding the happiness of married people vs single people, and your response was this...

"Many would not be pleased to read this here, so here is the link to my serious response to your question, AP."

That link brings us to this thread, wherein your response was to quote a bunch of marriage statistics before stating your conclusion that man cannot live apart from his Creator without being cursed with unhappiness.

Well, the ardent Christian isn't living apart from his Creator. To borrow your kitschy parlance, the Believer is "part of God's flow." He is with his Creator, and still our nation's Christian nutjobs are getting divorced at the same clip as non Believers, rendering your entire point worthless. There is no correlation in terms of being with or apart from God and living a happy life, either as part of a marriage or otherwise.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:your conclusion that man cannot live apart from his Creator without being cursed with unhappiness
Just unhappiness?

I think I emphasized destruction four times.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So? That doesn't change the context of your point one iota.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

My point was that man apart from God is in a curse, he will fail utterly, and he will be destroyed.

Finding the right marriage arrangement isn't gonna get a person ---> out of the failure which is certain to come.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

poptart wrote:My point was that man apart from God is in a curse, he will fail utterly, and he will be destroyed.

Finding the right marriage arrangement isn't gonna get a person ---> out of the failure which is certain to come.
And how is that in any way an answer or applicable response to AP's point about marriage, since that's how you framed it?

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It's applicable because people are always trying to manage their own lives (marriage included) by their own understanding - apart from God.

I wanted to point out that I consider those efforts to be a folly, and why.

Whatever such a person thinks they are going to accomplish by making a... smart decision, is ultimately going to crumble down on them.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

poptart wrote:It's applicable because people are always trying to manage their own lives (marriage included) by their own understanding - apart from God.

I wanted to point out that I consider those efforts to be a folly, and why.

Whatever such a person thinks they are going to accomplish by making a... smart decision, is ultimately going to crumble down on them.
And I already pointed out that many devout Believers who (according to you) are not apart from God still see their marriages fail just the same as non Believers. Moreover, they're subject to all the same crushing unhappiness and overwhelming destruction throughout their lives.

Why are you continually glossing over that, when it's the sole point Jsc and I have been making here? That point is the only reason we even responded to this thread.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:Moreover, they're subject to all the same crushing unhappiness and overwhelming destruction throughout their lives.
In my view they are absolutely not subject to destruction and if they are looking correctly, everything in this life is an answer for them.

NOTHING is a problem for the believer - all we can be is deceived.

When Jesus rose from the dead he spoke to the disciples for 40 days about the Kingdom of God - which has come upon them.

The disciples knew what was up and they knew the phenomenal blessings of being within God's Kingdom.
They were rooted in it.

That is why they did not fear death and that is why they were willing to go to those deaths.

Death did not matter.

They were not destroyed - and God's plan will never be stopped.

His Kingdom has come.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And yet Believers' marriages still crumble along with their rest of their lives, just the same as they do for non Believers.

So, as always, you had no point.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pretty sure that one of the main keys to a long and happy marriage is that both partners take their vows seriously from the beginning.

Part and parcel to this is a shared faith that there is no earthly force strong enough, no possible event catastrophic enough, to break those vows. If you have faith in your partner it's a lot easier to have faith in yourself.

Whether you're a "believer" prolly has nothing to do with it. Or it could.

Actually it's kind of like giving up cigarettes. I "quit" smoking a whole bunch of times but it never took until I came to the realization that I really didn't want to smoke anymore. That's when I became serious about it and I haven't touched one in over 20 years.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

this forum is kicking ass!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

H4ever wrote:this forum is kicking ass!
since poptart's departure, theological discussions have ceased although I know there are plenty of believers hanging around.....I was hoping tart would come back at some point, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.....

onward christian soldiers......
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Hi Felix.
I hope you're well, old pal.

I had recently thought about putting up a post in here ---> for old time's sake.

And maybe because... deep down inside, you do hunger for the Word. :wink:

We'll see.

Happy Sunday!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:Hi Felix.
I hope you're well, old pal.

I am, but have been missing our religious debates.....hope you're here for the long haul
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Felix wrote:
H4ever wrote:this forum is kicking ass!
since poptart's departure, theological discussions have ceased although I know there are plenty of believers hanging around.....I was hoping tart would come back at some point, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.....

onward christian soldiers......

reporting for duty sir.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.