Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Oakland Raiders - News and Notes

Post by poptart »

Week One:

Well, the 'dud lost -- like losers do.
0-1.

- Defense: I've been critical of Reggie McKenzie since he took over as 'dud GM, but one thing I credited him with was adding a number of interesting pieces to the defensive side of the ball this offseason.
Thought this unit had potential to improve as the year went on.
Damn, they fucking BALLED in the 2nd half v. Indy.
One of the best Raider D performances I've seen in a while.
Yeah, not saying that much, I know, but anyway...

- T. Pryor: Fun, fun, fun!
A wonderful toy.
Best athlete on the field ---> at the QB position.
Good stuff.
Should have a legit shot at breaking M. Vick's all-time single season rushing yds mark by a QB (1,039) if he stays healthy all year.

Playmaker.
Needs to improve his throwing.
Yeah, minor detail for an NFL QB.

But at least he's something interesting to watch for a change.
Check him out, if you haven't.

- Penalties: 8 for 51 yds. :grin:

- Mark Davis: Perhaps some of you are not aware of what a fucknut this guy is.

:lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Oakland Raiders - News and Notes

Post by poptart »

Btw, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42371

Holy cr@p!

What a friggin' disaster.

Now I know why this forum is a ghost town.

Everyone finally got sick of everyone else's shit. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm actually shocked Pryor is anything more than a dumpster fire. Give it time. Once NFL defenses accumulate a little film on the guy, he's done.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Against Indy he was 19-29 for 217 yds -- but he completed very little downfield.

The Colts did an awful job of keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to make throws.

Every time you looked up he had broken free of the pocket and was improvising, making guys miss, outrunning guys, and pulling shit out of his ass.

Granted he's a very tough guy to contain in the pocket, but I suspect future opponents will have their act together a little bit more than the Clots did.

That said, the guy is a gifted athlete -- and sometimes as he's snaking downfield it has the appearance of 8th grader playing against a bunch of 5th graders.

Know what I mean?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

poptart wrote:gifted athlete
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Image

:lol:
Best argument for the estate tax EVER. Dude is a billionaire and he can't even buy correctly fitting pants?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

BSmack wrote: Dude is a billionaire and he can't even buy correctly fitting pants?
Billionaire? If MD was a Billionaire, the Raiders probably wouldn't be playing in that shithole - O.CO.

Rack him for letting the GM be the GM and the coach be the coach.

Hopefully he'll get some fashion advice before he lifts the Lombardi Trophy in January of 2015.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So what's that guy's deal? How is he with the media? How many dead hookers does he have in his crawl space?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Two

Defense... again: Yeah, it was just the Faguars, who couldn't score naked in a room with Miley Cyrus, but it was still pretty nice to see.
Just 9 pts allowed, 34 rushing yds allowed, just 248 total yds allowed, and 3 more sacks.

Safety T. Branch went down with what appears to be a bad ankle injury, though.
Not helpful.

Penalties: 5 for 30 yds. :)

D. Running game: McFadden busted off a couple of long runs and had 129 yds on the day.
T. Pryor picked up another 50 -- and has 162 on the year.

Look out, M. Vick. :wink:

Next week: MNF @ the buckteeth.
This will give the Raider defense a STIFF (I know some of you like that werd) test.

I expect the 'duds to be THUMPED.
Manning will get his -- and Pryor's lack of downfield passing effectiveness will be exposed.

I hope I'm wrong.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:Week Two

Defense... again: Yeah, it was just the Faguars, who couldn't score naked in a room with Miley Cyrus, but it was still pretty nice to see.
Just 9 pts allowed, 34 rushing yds allowed, just 248 total yds allowed, and 3 more sacks.

Safety T. Branch went down with what appears to be a bad ankle injury, though.
Not helpful.

Penalties: 5 for 30 yds. :)

D. Running game: McFadden busted off a couple of long runs and had 129 yds on the day.
T. Pryor picked up another 50 -- and has 162 on the year.

Look out, M. Vick. :wink:

Next week: MNF @ the buckteeth.
This will give the Raider defense a STIFF (I know some of you like that werd) test.

I expect the 'duds to be THUMPED.
Manning will get his -- and Pryor's lack of downfield passing effectiveness will be exposed.

I hope I'm wrong.
You're not going to be wrong......the broncos are going to pile drive that duds team into the turf....Denver's defense is a lot better than people give them credit for.....when they get bailey and miller back, they'll be really good.....want to wish the pewter and soot the best of luck slowing that offense down......
get out, get out while there's still time
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Jeans is right...the Raiduhs, Bolts, and KC, may be in the same division as Dungver, but they are certainly not in the same league. The games will be interesting when the aforementioned teams play each other, but it will be a serious beatdown and a shock back to reality when they play the Donks.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

please don't.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Three

T. Pryor: Got JACKED UP! Status for Sunday's game v. the Redskins is unclear. Played well in the 2nd half at Denver, and some fans were geeked about that. Me? Not that much. It was "garbage time" stat padding, imo. The Mules were playing soft and content to let a lot of things go, as long as home-run plays didn't occur. Pryor is still on pace to break M. Vick's single season QB rushing mark.

Denver: Appears to be the class of the AFC. Hard to imagine them not winning 13 or more games.

Penalties: 8 for 77 yds

Loser:

Mark Davis, get fucked!:

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Four:

T. Pryor: Was medically cleared to play, but was held out by the coaching staff. I don't question the ultimate decision, but question why they didn't make this determination early in the week. They prepared all week with the intention that Pryor would start. Then on the night before the game they talked with Pryor and came away saying, "Naaah, we better not do this." So Matt Flynn didn't get the proper work this past week (a short week at that) -- and he played like ass against a weak Skin defense. Pryor is no longer on pace to break M. Vick's single season rushing mark by a QB.

Matt Flynn: Sacked 7 times and threw a pick six. Even though Pryor lacks as a passer, the benefit of him playing QB was evident. Escapability. Flynn was a sitting duck behind the 'dud O-Line. He looked like a boy. Not a fan favorite right about now.

Darren McFadden: Hurt. lol Who knew?

TD, Raiders!: Scoring is SO much fun. Some of y'all would like to score.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Five

T. Pryor: Wonder if mvscal enjoyed being bent over by that black man. His best game so far as a pro. Looked legit. You may now swallow, Blot fan.

J. Freeman: Not a Raider. Good.

Defense: Once again played quite well. Kept SD to just 32 yds rushing and 4-11 on 3rd downs. Picked Phyllis Rivers off 3 times and copped 5 turnovers overall. BEATINGS!! OUCH!!

Penalties: 8 for 85 yds. Hmmmm...

Pink: :meds: Does not belong on a football field. Get that shit off my station.

Next Week: @Hooterville. Sounds fun. :)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Turnovers ruined SD last night.

Rivers reminds me of Brent Faver.
He's just never afraid to try to sling the pill somewhere.
And sometimes bad things happen with that approach.
Last night was such a game.

Oakland didn't generate all that much offense in the 2nd half, but they got two early TDs and their defense did enough to hold SD down.

I predict KC holds Oakland under 17 and goes to 6-0 next week.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

poptart wrote:I predict KC holds Oakland under 17 and goes to 6-0 next week.
Then the Chiefs will score 18. I could also see them scoring 16....

I think we're in for a good ol'-fashioned AFL street-fight next week, pops, when the duh's come trotting into Camaroneck to renew acquaintances. The old chestnut, "toss the records out the window," should apply. If anything, the 'duhs should have a bit of a swagger after a good win last night. Reckon we'll see if the Raiders can refrain from playing like, well, the Raiders before a raucous crowd bent on shattering the decibel record set by SeattleFan three weeks ago.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Week Five

T. Pryor: His best game so far as a pro. Looked legit.
The story of that game was five turnovers, a defensive score, a TD taken off the board for an illegal formation penalty and another easy TD pass dropped. What the fuck did Pryor have to do with any of that?

Get a fucking grip.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I said turnovers ruined SD, didn't I?

But about Pryor's impact on that game, don't be in denial.

18-23, 221 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs,
11 rushes for 31 yds.

That black QB was excellent and he was the player of the game.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Those are pretty pedestrian numbers. Are we supposed to be impressed or something? The Dud's offense only managed 14 points and that was with four extra opportunities. That really isn't anything to write home about.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

The Chargers don't know how to play football on a baseball field like the Raiders do.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Those are pretty pedestrian numbers.
Really?

Maybe Scott's right and you really don't know anything about football.

Extrapolate his numbers to a 16 games season and you get this...

78% completions
3500 yds
32 TDs
0 INTs
135.0 QB rating
500 yds rushing

Just stop now.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yes, really. Unless you're also extrapolating the opposition coughing up five turnovers every game, you aren't going win many games with 14 points of offense.

Pryor is nothing more than average...at best. I suppose that represents progress in your world.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He had a real good game.
It shouldn't be such a chore for you to admit the obvious.

In case you didn't notice, the Raider O-Line is a complete disaster.
The only reason the Oakland QB wasn't getting torn up every time he went back to pass is because Pryor has MAD ability to get out of trouble ---> and sometimes turn that around and make a positive play.

Beyond that, Oakland was without their starting back (McFadden) and FB (Reece) -- and their receivers are below NFL average.

The guy is young, inexperience, and playing with a shit hand, and yet he still did a very nice job.

That's the name of that tune.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

OAK @ KC

As noted in the previous post, Oakland has offensive issues.
The Griefs can bring heat from both edges and I look for Pryor to be forced into a turnover or three, which is something he's been pretty good at avoiding so far.

If the Raiders get the same kind of defensive effort they've been getting, they should hold KC down and make this a defensive struggle.
But I think KC will do more than enough, and they will prove to be the better team.

Chiefs - 20
Raiders - 10
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

An old fashioned bare-knuckle first half.

Defense dominates.

7-7.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Six

The end: Even though it was just 7-7 at the time, I knew it was GAME OVER at 7:47 of the 2nd half, when Pryor, from his own 8 yd line, went off his back foot and lobbed a total duck INT to the middle of the field.
Wtf was that all about?
He was coming unglued around that time ---> and it only went further downhilll after that play.
Too much noise, too much constant pressure, too much inexperience.
The one thing Oakland needed to do to win this game is take care of the football.
They didn't.
Credit to KC for heating him up.

Defense: Both KC and Oakland shined. Denver is going to have it's hands full against the Grief defense, imo.

O-Line: The line Oakland has had to cobble together is probably the worst Raider line I can ever remember. Pryor was running for his life the entire game and it's no wonder he finally melted down in the 2nd half.

Fat kicker: Signed a large contract in the off-season and is the highest paid kicker in the league. He's now missing kicks just about every week. Sure, it was a 51 yarder in this game, but everyone knows this is one he's supposed to, and is fully capable of, MAKING. His "excuse" all year for his erratic kicking is that he's got a new holder this year. Put it through the uprights, you big glob.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:The end: Even though it was just 7-7 at the time, I knew it was GAME OVER at 7:47 of the 2nd half, when Pryor, from his own 8 yd line, went off his back foot and lobbed a total duck INT to the middle of the field.
Wtf was that all about?
It was about Pryor being nothing more than a mediocre QB. He is what he is...pedestrian.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

There is no doubt that he's mediocre as an NFL QB now.
And he may be less than that, actually.

But he has done some good things -- and shown some good things.
Hell, he's only had 6 NFL starts.

Can he develop into something substantially more than he is now?

He's got to get himself up to a level where he can sling it downfield better, imo.

We'll see.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:There is no doubt that he's mediocre as an NFL QB now.
And he may be less than that, actually.
I think it's fair to say he's a C- QB. I don't see him getting any better either.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't see the upside with Pryor at all. Maybe he's the guy for now, but is he THE guy? Seems like he's just another one of those dual threat guys who makes an immediate splash (if you can even call it that) only to fade into obscurity once NFL defenses accumulate some game tape on the guy. Either that or the injuries will start piling up...although he IS a big dude and can withstand the hits better than an RGIII. In any event, he doesn't strike me as a guy who's ever going to be able to sit in the pocket and pick apart a defense.

Then again, I never thought Brian Hoyer would so much as make a roster with any team, so what do I know about evaluating quarterbacks.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Hard to tell if he is THE guy from what I've seen. He's been getting a lot of credit for his effort and how much time he spent in the off-season working on being a legit passer. Then again, the last athleticly gifted black QB we had here was falling into cough syrup induced comas during film sessions, so the bar on work ehtic is pretty low in Oakland.

Either way, he has shown he wants it and he makes things interesting right now, so there is some goodwill with the fans right now. I really can't make a judgement on TP until they have someting other than practice squad second-stringers protecting him
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

R-Jack wrote:Then again, the last athleticly gifted black QB we had here was falling into cough syrup induced comas during film sessions, so the bar on work ehtic is pretty low in Oakland.

You saying JaMoolie was more athletically gifted than me?

Youz whack, Dawg.

Sin,
Jason Campbell
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Eight

Defense: Again. Kept Pitty down all day. Best Raider defense I've seen in quite a few years. DBs and LBs are doing an excellent job. DC J. Tarver is, also. Speaking of...

Fuck you!: How often do you see the DC scream that at an official... and actually give him the finger? lol

Prompted lying pussy Mike Periera to notify the league office about it. :meds:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike ... als-102713

LMAO!

T. Pryor: Here's his day...

First play of the game.
Blown assignment by the Steelers.

Other than that, he sucked all day long.

25.something QB rating.

Gotta pick that up. Duh.

.500: Beat Philly at home next week and that's where Oakland will be. It's not 8-0, but... baby steps.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

poptart wrote:

LMAO!

What a fucking cunt. Odds are the NFL saw it anyway. They dock players for sock length and wearing the wrong t shirts under jerseys so I'm sure someone spotted the finger gesture or would have when they watched replays. It's not his job to notify the league and by doing so he just proved why he shouldn't be given any type of media platform outside his own twitter account to be be vocal.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Denver is going to have it's hands full against the Grief defense, imo.

ya think?
fuck, they couldn't slow down the Jacksonville pass rush....what do you think the chefs defensive pass rush is going to do to them?

it'll be like a game of "smear the queer", except manning will be the only "queer".....
poptart wrote:

LMAO!
not to worry, nobody was watching the game so there's nobody to be offended.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:it'll be like a game of "smear the queer", except manning will be the only "queer"

Any time the Donks take the field, rest assured there's going to be more than one queer suited up. Generally, there's 53.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Nine:

NFL Record: Touchdown passes in a game. Nick Foles. Seven. Tied with six other players. Philly obviously came in and packed Oakland's shit in front of the home folks. The Raider defense had been playing VERY well up until this game. But the Eagles up-tempo, spread it out offense was the perfect design to exploit the Raider weakness. Specifically, Oakland's lack of (other than L. Houston) pressure generated by it's front four. The Raiders already looked gassed early in the 2nd quarter and the game was a laugher for the Eagles.

D.J. Hayden: 12th pick in the draft. Toast. Had a horrible day and hasn't come close to living up to his draft status.

Last Place: There has been a lot of talk about the new regime in Oakland, and how things are different and how they are turning it all around. But look up at the halfway point in the season and the Raiduhs are once again bringing up the rear in the AFC West.

The Future: 5 of the last 8 are on the road -- beginning with a game at the New York Giants this Sunday. Despite NY being just 2-6, I expect a NY win. Oakland seldom travels east well and now McFadden is again hurt. I'll stick by my original season prediction of 5-10-1. There could be a couple more wins on the schedule.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Week Ten

Dennis Allen: Has now coached the Oakland Raiders to a 1-11 record on the road. Fail. The roster turnover and the O-Line injuries are documented, but his failure to make in-game adjustments is also evident. The Giants are a poor to mediocre NFL squad -- and they spotted Oakland 14 pts on Sunday. Fumbled kickoff giving the Raiders the ball on the 7 yds line and a very dumb pick six thrown up by Eli. Yet the Raiders still managed to get no offense and lose a game they surely should have been able to win. Pile of shit.

Offense: 29th in the league. 31st in the league in passing. They've got a little speed at receiver (Moore and Ford) but get no downfield passing at all. Since Pryor got beat down in the KC game he has gone seriously downhill. Sure, he often has no pocket, but even in cases where there is a pocket, he seems to immediately want to move outside ---> to play streetball. He's holding the ball too long, he's not decisive enough, and he's just not getting it down the past few weeks. Now his knee has gone gimp and if he can't RUN, I don't think he's gonna cut it. I'd sit him down this week. Regroup, heal a bit, and get ready for the next home game v. Tennessee.

2014 Draft: Time to talk about it? lol