Your Teams Preseason Evaluations

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Your Teams Preseason Evaluations

Post by War Wagon »

Didn't watch one single play lats night, was quite enthralled with the Royals game instead. Every time I'd switch over between innings, it was on commercial breaks. Fuck that.

The only thing more meaningless than an NFL pre-season game is hockey.

Still, all reports are positive and I like what I'm hearing. The Royals will most likely be eliminated soon enough and then it will be time to turn my attention to football.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:Watched the Chiefs last night vs. New Orleans - 1st team offense and defense were only in for one series, but damn.... they looked pretty good for that one series. Of course after wtaching the Pioli / Haley / Crennel abortion the last 4 years and 3 years of Herm Edwards dry humping mediocrity before that just about anything would be an improvement
I know KC fans expectations are always high and usually crushed on the first week of the season, but I think the Chefs will be moderately better than they were.....but Smith is going to be spending a lot of time running for his life with that offensive line.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:The only thing more meaningless than an NFL pre-season game is hockey.
Wrong, Royals baseball in September is more meaningless.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Lions suck balls. There's my evaluation.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

gonna be a loooong season, 5 wins possible, then again 3-4 more likely. I'm beginning to understand how Raiderfan has felt the past decade....
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Eagles-

New coach, new system but likely with an injury prone QB behind center. The offense looks decent/work in progress. D. Jackson and McCoy should have pretty good seasons. The team seems to be buying into the system and the O line is healthy again.

Defense is going to struggle. A Lot.
The secondary is terrible and they are adjusting to a 3-4 scheme this year.

7-9 is possible though.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sudden Sam wrote:I find it amazing any of you are putting any stock at all in what you've seen in a couple of preseason games.
Why is that?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

the broncos offense is going to be scary good, with the addition of Welker as a slot receiver with Decker on one side and Thomas on the other I want to wish opposing defenses the best of luck in shutting down their passing game.....moreno apparently had a come to jesus meeting with Fox last year (you know the old you ain't producing shit so if it continues we're going to get rid of you) type discussion so I expect he'll be running hard again this year.....the addition of Monte Ball gives them a big slugger for inside running......

defense will be good until they can get Von Miller back, at which time they'll be a great defense.....third best last year and they've added a couple of potential impact players that could help them be better (sylvester williams).....losing Dumerville was a hit, but he wasn't all that productive last year....still a tough guy to replace.....O line is the big question, but they should be alright

I'd say probably 11-5 and win the division going away
get out, get out while there's still time
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The Lions suck balls. There's my evaluation.

I don't know what to make of them so far...Calvin is awesome, the defensive line is (young) and intriguing, Bush at worst will do what Best did without having little birdies flying around his head after a routine tackle and either an old guy with the yips or a Euro YouTube sensation is replacing Hanson. I have them at either 7-9 or 8-8.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

D-line and passing game should be strengths. Everything else is either a question mark or flat-out bad.

With one of the toughest schedules in the league, I see six or seven wins max.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How did the LIons get one of the toughest schedules in the league when they went 6-10?

September 22, bitch.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

6-10? Try 4-12.

Sam, I think Fairley could have a breakout year. If he can stay healthy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Even more to my point, idiot.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What do you want me to say, tardling? I don't sit in on the NFL schedule-making meetings. Fire off an email to Roger Goddell if you're so curious. I'm sure he'll get right back to you.

FWIW, here's one source that has the Lions with the 2nd toughest SOS.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... t-or-is-it
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
War Wagon wrote:The only thing more meaningless than an NFL pre-season game is hockey.
Wrong, Royals baseball in September August is more meaningless.
I tend to detest ftfy posts, but there it is. this team has laid down and quit the last 10 days to last place teams. pathetic, and the chiefs don't look much better. they played the starters the entire 1st half while SF played theirs one series and still found a way to lose. yep, they are gonna' suck even with a last place schedule.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Steelers: Who the fuck knows? Get some people healthy and then I might have an idea. Right now shit is looking bleak.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Never mind, they just traded for Felix Jones. SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!

:x
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland was poor on the O-Line -- and now that they have lost their best lineman (LT J. Veldheer), they are simply horrible on the O-Line.
And they have almost no O-Line depth, either.

Some SERIOUS crap there.

They are extremely shaky on the D-Line, also.
I have no idea where they think their pass rush will come from.

You win in the trenches?

Not looking good, boss.

Coaching is a major question mark, as D. Allen was overwhelmed last year, imo.

They've added some defensive pieces, and it's possible that this group can show some improvement as the year goes on -- providing the whole team does not QUIT, which is possible.

QB is another big question.

Matt Flynn was brought in as the supposed starter this season, but he's been very underwhelming in preseason.
Going into game 4 it appears it is now T. Pryor's job to lose... which he might, imo. lol
We'll see what happens against Seattle this Thursday.

I still think the Raider front office wants Flynn to start ---> to avoid having to admit to the mistake of bringing him in and paying him 6 million bones this year.
Joke.
The guy looks like he belongs in KC Scott's toddler league. :wink:

I've thought all along that Pryor is Oakland's best option.
He's a HELL OF AN athlete and can create things when the O-Line falls apart, which it no doubt will often do this year.

But no matter who is at QB, wins are going to be hard to come by.

But the schedule is pretty light and expectations are very low.
So I'm predicting Oakland will exceed expectations slightly.

Another toilet season, and hopefully a number of degenerate fans be shot and killed in the parking lot this autumn. :mrgreen:

5-10-1
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Screw_Michigan wrote:How did the LIons get one of the toughest schedules in the league when they went 6-10?
The NFL revised its scheduling model back in 2002, so previous year's finish affects only two games per season on the following year's schedule.

Each team plays:

Home-and-home vs. every other team in its division (6 games)
All teams from one other division in its conference on a rotating basis (4 games)
All teams from one division in the other conference on a rotating basis (4 games)

Remaining two games are played against teams with corresponding finishes in the other divisions in your conference that you aren't playing that year, i.e., first place teams plays other two first place teams, second place team plays other two second place teams, etc.

The trade-off for not having a schedule based on previous year's finish is that you now get to play every team in relatively short order. You play every team from your conference outside your division at least once every three years, and every team from the other conference once every four years. When schedules were based on previous year's finish (1979-94 seasons inclusive), a team could, at least in theory, play another team within its conference and outside its division every year. And a team mired in a long-term slump might not play a specific team from another conference for quite some time, since the fifth-place teams played only two interconference games the following season.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

My evaluation is: No bueno.

8-8
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.