Tornado Alley

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Tornado Alley

Post by War Wagon »

Seems to be thru NE Oklahoma, up the I-44 corridor. Sucks to be them.

We had a brief storm pass thru. After watching the earlier mess down south, I figured one of those bad boys had my name and address and I was wondering which closet to hide in. Just a few tree limbs blown down but it did look scary there for a bit. Temp dropped about 25 degrees in 5 minutes and the rain was blowing sideways as gale force winds blew thru.

Welcome to May.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Tornado Alley

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Nobody Cares™
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Toddowen
it puts the lotion on its skin....

Post by Toddowen »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Nobody Cares™

Don't jump the gun.

War Wagon wrote: I was wondering which closet to hide in.

None of 'em, Wags. You're the man of the house and can parade around how you please.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

War Wagon wrote:I was wondering which closet to hide in.
If I were insensitive, I'd suggest you ask your daughter. But I'm not, so I won't.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fukkin Smackie. They don't come any more sensitive than him.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

More like I-35, Wags.

Moore OK is... Gone.

Apparently the F-5 was a mile-and-a-quarter wide and spent 30 minutes on the ground. Reports say that mother flattened an elementary school, a daycare, a movie theatre, a hospital, along with several whole sub-divisions. Sweet Jesus.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

didn't think I'd see another like the one that hit Joplin, but this one looks like it could be worse.
Toddowen

Post by Toddowen »

Fuck that shit

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

37 confirmed fatalities at this point, most of them children. The count will only go up.

Sad day indeed for my Okie brethren.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Yup...a pretty fuckin' intimidating day indeed.

had a tornado touch down 3 miles north of the folks' house in Garvin Co.

glad i decided against going to work today...i would have went right thru it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

That's one tough fukkin' swimming pool.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Smackie Chan wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I was wondering which closet to hide in.
If I were insensitive, I'd suggest you ask your daughter. But I'm not, so I won't.
hmm, yeah... about that.

I scored 4 tickets to the Royals game last Saturday and offered her 2 of them. She brought along her boyfriend whom I had not actually met before but they have been going out for awhile. I had only seen him pulling up in my driveway while he had only seen me looking out the window/standing on the porch.

Decent enough sort, avid Royals and Chiefs fan but sorta' a smart ass. I put that down to trying to overly impress the old man.

She could do worse, ask my wife.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Why couldn't it have hit Clay Bennett's house instead? :evil:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Why couldn't it have hit Clay Bennett's house instead? :evil:
RACK

Kinda glad the Thunder aren't playing right now. The cock gobbling would even be too much for m2
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

That's just fucking brutal... I'm actually off work this week and like the fucking nerd I am I watched this shit on the Weather Channel live and it was as frightening as it gets.

Fuck Tornado alley...

I'll take my earthquake probabilities any day.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

I listened to a lot of police, fire and ems traffic on radioreference.com yesterday. You get a pretty unfiltered picture of what is going on.

Pure terror in those voices sometimes.

Then again, I do not understand why people live in places where the weather can smite your ass to death. Just not getting that.

They cannot even catch a break today it looks like, and it is early.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tsa/
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Derron wrote:I listened to a lot of police, fire and ems traffic on radioreference.com yesterday. You get a pretty unfiltered picture of what is going on.

Then again, I do not understand why people live in places where the weather can smite your ass to death. Just not getting that.

Where can you live to escape the tornado, hurricane, earthquake, volcano eruption, floods, or other natural disasters?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I realize OK has a large area, but wonder if an old poster here, Angela in the Moat, is indeed O.K.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Jsc810 wrote:So sad to see that, heartbreaking.

Perhaps this disaster will change some thinking about funding for disaster relief as well as funding the National Weather Service.
Leave it HuffPo (and Jsc) to politicize a tragedy. :meds:
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Someone please help me understand exactly what makes up Federal Disaster Relief funds?

I understand if it includes search and rescue, infrastructure repair (water, sewer, power, etc), assistance in rebuilding schools, etc. But what exactly do individuals need federal funds for? Anyone with a mortgage has insurance or it will be forced placed on them. As such they are covered for loss of use up to 30% of the dwelling coverage, household goods are covered to 50%, and the homes will be rebuilt.

So what exactly do these folks need federal dollars for? The insurance companies will pay for the hotels starting tonight?

Please tell me what I am missing.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:That SOB passed within a mile of an old friend's house. She's been out there thru all 3 of Moore's bad ones. She's finally had enough and is moving to Austin.
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013 ... ma/100518/

Some awesome/unreal pics and a must click link.

Not to downgrade the EF-5 that hit Joplin almost 2 years ago to the day (that fucker killed 161 people while knocking down an 8 story hospital) but I don't think I've ever seen such widespread devastation form a tornado. A tsunami, maybe. Not a tornado.

I worry about my sister sometimes, living in a condo in Tulsa.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Left Seater wrote:Someone please help me understand exactly what makes up Federal Disaster Relief funds?

I understand if it includes search and rescue, infrastructure repair (water, sewer, power, etc), assistance in rebuilding schools, etc. But what exactly do individuals need federal funds for? Anyone with a mortgage has insurance or it will be forced placed on them. As such they are covered for loss of use up to 30% of the dwelling coverage, household goods are covered to 50%, and the homes will be rebuilt.

So what exactly do these folks need federal dollars for? The insurance companies will pay for the hotels starting tonight?

Please tell me what I am missing.
What you're missing, Lefty, is that not everyone has insurance, or adequate insurance.
It's for the uninsured or under-insured and covers everything from temporary housing and home replacement to medical and funeral expenses.

https://cfda.symplicity.com/index?s=pro ... 85f4e4f9ce
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Toddowen

Post by Toddowen »

What a bunch of stupid assholes the news reporters and media are.

As I went to bed early this morning the death toll was placed at around 90 by both CNN and BBC. And that was up from a widely reported 40+ earlier. And there was talk that the death toll was going to be a lot higher.

Now I wake up to find the number currently at 24...but expected to go higher. So for over twelve hours we're given the number of fatalities that is over three times less than the acurate one.

Naturally I'm relieved that there are fewer dead.

But these fucking media dunces cannot be trusted to print accurate facts even when there is no rhyme of reason to cover things up for the good of the party.

Jesus Christ Almighty...I actually read the commentary first on news items on my local papers website for a better assessment of a story. Usually the commentary is better written too.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mace wrote:
Where can you live to escape the tornado, hurricane, earthquake, volcano eruption, floods, or other natural disasters?
Toronto.
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mace wrote:What you're missing, Lefty, is that not everyone has insurance, or adequate insurance.
It's for the uninsured or under-insured and covers everything from temporary housing and home replacement to medical and funeral expenses.
If you own a home and do not have proper insurance on it, you are weapons grade stupid and I have zero sympathy for you. Homeowners insurance is cheap. If buying it means a few less 30 packs of beast light per month, so be it.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mace wrote:
Derron wrote:I listened to a lot of police, fire and ems traffic on radioreference.com yesterday. You get a pretty unfiltered picture of what is going on.

Plenty of places. The U & L where I live for one.

Tornado - A couple in the last 40 years over 35 miles away. A couple of cold air funnel clouds each year, never down, no damage.
Hurricane - Maybe Columbus Day in 1964, predictable with today's forecasting.
Earthquake - Last one of any size in 1995. Potential is there for a big one. But unlike tornado alley, where you know for sure there exists a potential for death by windstorm each year, the odds are still in our favor.
Volcano eruption - Check - 1980, Mt St Helens. Wise people stayed the fuck away from the blast zone, the unwise not so much and very dead. Predictable in today's science. Minor ash fall in our area, no infrastructure damage.
Floods - Happen from time to time, predictable and able to move to safety.

People have to live where ever they have to live. I will just stay here.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:
Mace wrote:What you're missing, Lefty, is that not everyone has insurance, or adequate insurance.
If you own a home and do not have proper insurance on it, you are weapons grade stupid and I have zero sympathy for you. Homeowners insurance is cheap. If buying it means a few less 30 packs of beast light per month, so be it.
So what is your premium running these days on that shack you live in ?? That should not be cutting into your beer fund very deep.
Derron
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

buddy of mine from highschool put a video up on facebook of him recording the tornado..it got about a quarter mile away before he shut the door on their garage shelter.

he was stuck in there for about 7 hrs with his wife and 2 daughters..house is a goner.
Toddowen

Post by Toddowen »

smackaholic wrote:
Aftet seeing the homes in my neighborhood upgraded aftet the damage fron hurricane Sandy [which wasn't that bad] , I'm sort of hoping for another storm and to hit the jackpot this time around.

Why pay thousands of dollars to cut down trees when a hurricane can do it AND give me a new den and bedroom and maybe even a deck?

You should see this place down the street from me. I'll bet his home is close to double the value now from what it was only eight months ago.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Toddowen wrote:What a bunch of stupid assholes the news reporters and media are.

As I went to bed early this morning the death toll was placed at around 90 by both CNN and BBC. And that was up from a widely reported 40+ earlier. And there was talk that the death toll was going to be a lot higher.

Now I wake up to find the number currently at 24...but expected to go higher. So for over twelve hours we're given the number of fatalities that is over three times less than the acurate one.

Naturally I'm relieved that there are fewer dead.

But these fucking media dunces cannot be trusted to print accurate facts even when there is no rhyme of reason to cover things up for the good of the party.

Jesus Christ Almighty...I actually read the commentary first on news items on my local papers website for a better assessment of a story. Usually the commentary is better written too.
The ME was interviewed last night, and she herself said that the confirmed dead was 51 with a bus of 40 more was headed her way.

Since it's not the media's job to maintain accurate body counts, how do you expect the media to report accurate information when the stats they get from the authorities (who are supposed to know) aren't accurate?

Not that logic will stop you from grasping at Faux straws...

Tell us Tard....did the stories of women being buried by debris excite you? No doubt it did, sick pud.
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Perhaps this disaster will change some thinking aboutfunding the National Weather Service.
They had plenty of warning, you handwringing dipshit.
Sophisticated Tornado Warning System Saved A Lot Of Lives In Oklahoma

When a devastating tornado touched down in Moore, Oklahoma on May 20, locals had 16 minutes to get to safety before the mile-wide EF4 hit.

Even that seemingly short warning system is enough to save a ton of lives.

The Oklahoma City siren system, a network of 181 emergency warning sirens, was state-of-the-art when it went online in April, 2002.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/oklahoma ... z2TynSuQiU
What the fuck is wrong with libtarded assholes like you who view every disturbance as a potential opportunity to hit up taxpayers for more money?

Fuck off, already. Jesus fucking Christ.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

That sounds like a personal problem to me.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

War Wagon wrote:She brought along her boyfriend...

I believe the proper term is "beard".
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:But for some stupid reason, some Republicans want to cut funding
According to the article you posted they simply want to
keep the agency’s budget flat
So which is it or were you just talking out your battered and distended colon? Has there been some new break through in tornado detection technology in the past eleven years? Did this system fail?

It worked so they obviously have enough money and you can fuck right off.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc has never met a public funded teat he didn't want to suck off of.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The governor, a rising Republican star, questioned why "something called 'volcano monitoring' " was included in the nearly $800 billion economic stimulus bill Obama signed earlier this month.
Well? Care to answer his question?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

And perhaps for good reason, Jsc. Linked from your own hit piece:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/08/ ... r-service/
Relying on inaccurate government reports can endanger lives. Last year the Service failed to predict major flooding in Nashville because it miscalculated the rate at which water was releasing from dams there. The NWS continued to rely on bad information, even after forecasters knew the data were inaccurate. The flooding resulted in 22 deaths.

Private weather services do exist, and unsurprisingly, they are better than the NWS. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans in 2005, the National Weather Service was twelve hours behind AccuWeather in predicting that New Orleans would be affected. Unlike the NWS, AccuWeather provides precise hour-by-hour storm predictions, one of the reasons private industry supports them.

It is not just random mistakes in crises either. Forecast Watch has found that the National Weather Service predictions of snow and rain have an error rate 20 percent higher than their private alternatives. “All private forecasting companies did much better than the National Weather Service,” their report concludes. In 2008, they found that the NWS’s temperature predictions were worse than every private-sector competitor including the Weather Channel, Intellicast, and Weather Underground. Even NWS’s online ZIP code search for weather reports is in some cases totally inaccurate, giving reports for areas hundreds of miles away.
And then there's this:
The $126 million in cuts would still have left the Service with a larger budget than it had a decade ago. The massive bloat in government should not get a pass just because it’s wrapped in good-of-the-community clothing. NWS services can and are better provided by the private sector. Americans will invest in weather forecasting because if there is one thing we can be certain of, people will want to protect their property and their lives.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Who here turns to the NWS for any forecasts? I bet most use the Weather channel or other private outlets.

Rarely can the government provide a service as cheaply and as accurately as a private source.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.