Te'o hoax

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Te'o hoax

Post by Van »

Well, except for Tebow's string of obvious beards.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Where were the crocodile tears by Swabdick for Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeberg, yeah I thought so.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:There was never, at any point, a rape allegation.
There wasn't? What the fuck do you call a woman telling police she was sexually assaulted?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"Wednesday night"?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:"Wednesday night"?
Good call.

:friday:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:There was never, at any point, a rape allegation.
There wasn't? What the fuck do you call a woman telling police she was sexually assaulted?
So sexual assault = rape? Are you really this fucking stupid?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:
So sexual assault = rape? Are you really this fucking stupid?
Oh I guess sexual assault is nothing to get worked up over. Nothing to see here, we have to prepare for a national title game where we'll get embarrassed on national television.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If merely touching my boobs constitutes rape these days, gosh, I may as well never go to the mall anymore.

-trev, all in a huff.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Oh I guess sexual assault is nothing to get worked up over. Nothing to see here, we have to prepare for a national title game where we'll get embarrassed on national television.
Touching a woman's boob is not rape.....and not even close to being the same thing. E.O.S.
Dr. Bob
Jake

Post by Dr. Bob »

Te'o. Teeeeeeeeeeee'o.
Girlfriend dead and me wanna go home.

Te', be ba Te maybe gay be ba,

Miss big tackles and can't drink rum!
Girlfriend dead and me wanna go home

Stack up trophies but not the Big One!

Come Mr. Twitter Man, Twitter me a girlfriend,

Come Mr. Twitter Man, Twitter me a girlfriend,

Never met her but I still love her!
Girlfriend fake and me wanna go home.

For some reason it didn't make me wonder!

'Cause I'm a gay-o, gaaaaay-o.

Mormon can't say, he can't say,
I'm a gay, I'm a gay, I'm a gay-o

many apologies to Harry Belafonte
Back from the dead
he's a killer of threads
without the use of PEDs
...ain't a doctor, they said.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Te'o is embarrassed because his "girlfriend" was faking her orgasms.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

RACK the doc

Is anyone going to be shocked if it turns out he's a faggot?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Didn't you get the memo? Sexual assault is nothing to get worked up over.
Killian

Post by Killian »

How many times are you going to pivot on this? First you claim it was a rape. Then when the inevitable happened and I proved you wrong, pointing out that it was a sexual assault allegation, you equated that to rape and then continued on with your idiotic rambling. You are without a doubt the dumbest person to post on these boards.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Mace wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Oh I guess sexual assault is nothing to get worked up over. Nothing to see here, we have to prepare for a national title game where we'll get embarrassed on national television.
Touching a woman's boob is not rape.....and not even close to being the same thing. E.O.S.

Hell he was prolly drunk and thought he saw a loose fumble.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Love how Screwball has had to backpedal from 'rape' to 'sexual assault,' even when he knows we're only talking about the touching of a breast. No matter what, come hell or high water, he's just going to remain dogged in his efforts to condemn ND.

Now he's even made a sig out of a nothing quote from Killian. Jeez, what did ND ever do to this guy to turn him into such a screeching little harpy?

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Te'o can make this all go away and turn himself into a hero. All he has to say is I am gay and I made her up to prevent my teammates from freaking out.

Suddenly the PC crowd will love the guy and gush over him. Then overnight he will be the victim in this whole deal.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Van wrote:Now he's even made a sig out of a nothing quote from Killian. Jeez, what did ND ever do to this guy to turn him into such a screeching little harpy?
My speech-to-text on my Nexus picked up "sight" instead of "cite." He sure got me.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

KC, if it's just an anti-Catholic thing then why doesn't Screwball also display the same sort of constant venom towards Boston College?

No, he specifically directs his vitriol at ND and, secondarily, Killian. He doesn't even go after the other Domer fans. He rarely says a peep to TiC or Lax. Instead it's all Killian, all the time.

I dunno, except that it's becoming kinda borderline psychotic. Perhaps Killian raped sexually assaulted groped his sister's boob stole his lunch money one day on the Notre Dame campus, and Screwball just can't let it go.

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

R-Jack wrote:Is anyone going to be shocked if it turns out he's a faggot?
Not me. Manti Gayo is a big old homo. Nothing else makes the least bit of sense.
Dude being queer, getting a phony gal, then killing the bitch off when pressure from friends, teammates,
and possibly the media gets to be a little too much .... makes perfect sense.

Back when I used to listen to Rome, he would wonder aloud from time to time about a high profile athlete coming out
and what a circus is would be. Que up the music, and bring on the clowns.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And still the question remains: what of Manti's claim that he actually met this nonexistent girl? That goes beyond dude merely being duped, which is the latest official spin. If he actually made such a claim, it was nothing but straight-up lying.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Rack Deadspin... these guys think like "the truth"

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote:Te'o can make this all go away and turn himself into a hero. All he has to say is I am gay and I made her up to prevent my teammates from freaking out.

Suddenly the PC crowd will love the guy and gush over him. Then overnight he will be the victim in this whole deal.
Oh look, our resident deep thinker has thought through yet another problem. This whole circus will most definitely go away because everyone will just shrug their shoulders and go home. Then he won't spend the rest of his life being interviewed about what it was like being the first major sports figure to come out of the closet, nevermind whether or not he actually is gay. He probably won't be harassed non-stop by the bigots either. You know, the ones who think it's "PC" to live and let live rather than basic human decency. Perhaps it's just me, but Manti Te'o doesn't seem the type of guy who can handle being the gay Jackie Robinson.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

http://youtu.be/cWmpGhIZJWw

Rack the Taiwanese!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Hey guys, check out these naked pics of Lennay Kekua:
Killian

Post by Killian »

Let's see what the next turn of events in this story is after this:

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man who has been publicly identified as being behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax, called a church friend in early December crying and admitted to duping the Heisman finalist, the friend told Outside the Lines Thursday.

The friend, a woman in her mid-20s, agreed to be interviewed under the condition that she not be identified, saying she was fearful for her family's safety because of the overwhelming publicity the story has generated. In the interview, she did allow for her voice to be recorded.

More From ESPN.com

Is Manti Te'o a world-class liar or the victim of a cruel hoax? A schemer or prey? We all await his version of the truth, Gene Wojciechowski writes. Story

A former roommate of Manti Te'o thinks the star linebacker should be given more support from the Notre Dame community, writes Matt Fortuna. Story

• Munson: Criminal charge unlikely
• Vitale: Sad stories in sports

She says Tuiasosopo gave her the tearful confession and account of how he played, what he said was at first a game, on the unsuspecting Te'o. And, she says, he told her that it wasn't the first time he had done it.

"He (Ronaiah) told me that Manti was not involved at all, he was a victim. ... The girlfriend was a lie, the accident was a lie, the leukemia was a lie," said the woman. "He was crying, he was literally crying, he's like 'I know, I know what I have to do.'

"It's not only Manti, but he was telling me that it's a lot of other people they had done this to."

Notre Dame issued a news release Wednesday after Deadspin.com reported it could find no record of Lennay Kekua, Te'o's supposed girlfriend, existing.

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in a news conference Wednesday night that coaches were informed by Te'o and his parents on Dec. 26 that Te'o had been the victim of what appeared to be a hoax. Someone using a fictitious name "apparently ingratiated herself" with Te'o, the school said, then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had died of leukemia.

Swarbrick said that the relationship took place online and over the phone. Te'o had described staying on the phone with whom he thought was Kekua for hours each night over many months. Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.

OTL also interviewed two other people who said they have a cousin who had the same online hoax pulled on them by Tuiasosopo.

J.R. Vaosa, 28, of Torrance, Calif., and Celeste Tuioti-Mariner, 21, of Whittier, said that in 2008 their cousin began an online romance with a woman who portrayed herself as a model. Vaosa said the cousin showed Vaosa a picture on MySpace of a woman from a Victoria's Secret catalog that he said was Kekua. Vaosa said that the online Kekua would agree to meet his cousin at certain places. Vaosa said he went with the cousin to meet her.

"When Lennay said she was gonna be at this park one day, we'd go to the park and Ronaiah pops up and then we go to the gym in Orange County where the kids have volleyball tournaments, Ronaiah's there," Vaosa said.

Finally, the family convinced Vaosa's cousin that something wasn't right and he needed to cut things off not only with Kekua, but Tuiasosopo, whom they were convinced was the real Kekua, Tuioti-Mariner said.

"I just knew that my cousin would invite her to certain events and Lennay would always say she would go to those things, but she would never end up going and instead of her going we would see Ronaiah," Tuioti-Mariner said.

Then this fall, Vaosa and Tuioti-Mariner saw the story of Te'o's dying girlfriend.

"When I found out about the Samoan football player (and) his girlfriend, his Grandma died the same day, I was like, 'Whoa this is crazy,' I feel so bad for him, so I just looked him up," Vaosa said. "I found out his girlfriend's name was Lennay Kekua. And right when I read the name Lennay Kekua, I immediately thought of Ronaiah. Then I thought of my cousin -- that this has to be the same person."

SportsNation: A Hoax On Te'o?
Details are still emerging regarding Manti Te'o's girlfriend hoax story. What do you make of it?
• Cast your votes

The cousins say they were convinced Te'o was being victimized, but say they were uncertain of what to do. They say they began tweeting their suspicions. Many of their tweets were laced with sarcasm including claims that "they" were the real Lennay Kekua. After Deadspin.com broke the story on Te'o and Swarbrick held a news conference, Vaosa and Tuioti-Mariner found reporters at their door and say there were threats made to them and their families on Twitter.

Meanwhile, the woman who says Tuiasosopo confessed to her says she has urged Tuiasosopo to take responsibility for his actions.

She said he called her Wednesday as the news of the hoax was breaking. She says he sounded calm but she worries about his guilt, to what he did to Te'o and what he did to his family name, one of the most prominent in all of Polynesian sports. She worries what he might do to himself.

"I (still) am worried for him (Ronaiah), not just him and his family but I know that you can't judge people like that and that's why I continue to just encourage (him) to come out and tell the truth," she said.

RECOMMEND45TWEET53COMMENTS126EMAILPRINTSUBSCRIBE

Shelley Smith
SportsCenter correspondent
Archive
Shelley Smith joined ESPN in January 1997 after working part-time as a reporter for the network since 1993. She has covered Super Bowls, the NBA Finals, the BCS championship game, the Stanley Cup playoffs, golf and tennis championships and more.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

ESPN? I'll believe it as soon as Deadspin reports it.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

M Club wrote:ESPN? I'll believe it as soon as Deadspin reports it.
RACK!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dude said he met her, dude's dad said he met her, those facts dont say that he fell for a hoax, it says that they were in on a hoax.
My point, exactly.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Just to summarize:

Shmick = Deadspin

Killian = ESPN
Killian

Post by Killian »

Van wrote:
Dude said he met her, dude's dad said he met her, those facts dont say that he fell for a hoax, it says that they were in on a hoax.
My point, exactly.
Te'o himself never said he physically met her. His father said both. During the season he mentioned her coming to Hawaii, then in an ESPN article before their final home game, he talks about how that weekend was supposed to be the first time they were going to meet her.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I pity the fool. When I have an imaginary girlfriend, she rarely lasts more than 10 minutes.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian, that's what I keep asking: didn't Te'o specifically claim to have met this girl? If he did, then he's part of the hoax.

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Killian

Post by Killian »

Van wrote:Killian, that's what I keep asking: didn't Te'o specifically claim to have met this girl? If he did, then he's part of the hoax.
No, supposedly he didn't admit to physically meeting her. SI (Pete Thamel) went back over his notes from the interview for the October 1st cover story and said Te'o never stated he met her in person. Just talked about phone conversations and emails, etc. Thamel said that was the only time Te'o seemed vague. The article in the SBT in October has quotes from Brian Te'o saying that she flew to Hawaii to meet with Manti, but yet the parents never met her. The article also starts out with a story on how they met but have no quotes from Manti.

He still has to a lot of questions to answer (mainly for me, why his father is saying they met and how long did he know that Ronaiah Tuiasasopo) but there is no smoking gun, per se, of him saying they met. I know it sounds like spinning, but with the way the "facts" have been reported this far, I'm not assuming anything. I'm still going to wait to see what he has to say and if that Ronaiah character comes forward, but I was will say that him not doing an on camera interview doesn't look good for him.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote:I watched a little on this tonight (ESPN), and I just started laughing and turned it off. Even if he had nothing to do with it, it's beyond stupid. If I'm an NFL team, I want no part of a guy who could intentionally or unintentionally get himself wrapped in such a dumbass scenario.
Sure. Because NFL teams really care what the fuck players do in their spare time. If they can ball, they'll have a job. I'm sure teams cut players that wound upon in shady investments and ponzi schemes.

As for the interview, eh. Answered some questions, but I'd really liked it if it was on camera. Oh well.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Killian wrote: As for the interview, eh. Answered some questions, but I'd really liked it if it was on camera. Oh well.
Nice interview:
Schaap said the interview was conducted without cameras because Te'o wanted the discussion to be in a "more intimate setting" and the lack of lights and cameras "probably made him more comfortable."
He was entirely comfortable staring forlorn into the distance for the cameras so the media could illustrate their stories about his girlfriend, and he was entirely comfortable sitting in front of a camera while embellishing his relationship with her, but time comes to tell the truth and he needs a hug? Always tell the truth and you'll never have to remember a thing.

When do we get to meet the girl he was talking to all that time? Or is Tuiasasopo a soprano?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

schmick wrote:Teo made up the fake girlfriend to cover up the fact he's a stool pusher. He got a family friend to jump on the grenade to try to save him from the possible lost millions from a lower draft position.
Dude said he met her, dude's dad said he met her, those facts dont say that he fell for a hoax, it says that they were in on a hoax. The reason he wound up at notre dame in the first place is because they said they would give his high school boyfriend a scholarship too. The french pr machine is working full time to make sure that the blame lands with anyone else other than their closeted line backer
I don't see why it has to be one or the other (strictly a hoax perpetrated by Te'o or strictly duped). To me, the most plausible scenario is that it was a little of both. I think Te'o really did get "involved" with someone online, but then started to embellish and exaggerate the relationship to friends, family members, teammates, the media, etc. He was probably embarrassed to admit he was in an "online relationship," so he tried to make it sound like it was something more authentic than it actually was. Even if he never said he physically met her, he certainly made it sound like the relationship was something more than it was. And once you lie or embellish something, you have to keep the story going, and the story starts to spider in different directions.

I guess he could've fabricated the whole thing to cover up being gay, but to go to such an extent seems far-fetched. Would seem a lot easier to just say "Yeah, I'm kinda busy with all this football and school stuff and don't have time for a girlfriend right now." I know Mormons are pressured to settle down early, but I think that would have been a pretty reasonable "excuse." Plus I had read that some of Te'o's teammates suggested that Te'o was messing around with other girls on campus even when he was "dating" Lennay Kekua. But...who knows. It's been hard to separate fact from fiction in all of this.

What I want to know is if Te'o and ND knew about this before the national championship game, how come nobody said something? Te'o continued the lie the week leading up to the MNC down in Miami. I heard an ND fan call in to local radio saying that when he was down there, people were showing their support for Te'o by wearing leis and donating to charity to fight against leukemia. He apparently made an appearance and "talked to the people," and continued on with the lie about his dead girlfriend and thanked everyone for their support. Hey, if the worst thing that comes from this is a few bucks to cancer research, that isn't so bad. But the whole thing is just so bizarre and fucked up, and his credibility is going to be damaged for a long time. And it's quite obvious nobody had any intention of telling the truth if and unless the truth had been discovered. And then it was.