Cotton Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Cotton Bowl

Post by campinfool »

Makes me throw up a little in my mouth but I must say Boomer Sooner!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Cotton Bowl

Post by Left Seater »

I could see where that would be difficult for you.

Not a fan of the Belldozer formation. I think they score 7 if Landry stays in there.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Better to have taken the penalty and had first down on the 2 than second on the 1.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Well I'm gonna have to miss the rest of this one. I'm on my way to the ER for alcohol poisoning. I thought it would be fun to take a swig every time the announcers said "Johnny Football" or "Belldozer", but I'm so plastered I can't even make it to half time.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Just a question...how does Okie not give up at least 35 points per game, and how does A&M go into halftime with only 14?

OK that was two questions.

Two more...how does A&M not give up at least 35 points per game, and how does Okie go into halftime with only 13?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

being down 1 at halftime against Johnny Flat-top, his heisman, and the SEC...their D not able to stop our O AND we get the ball back at half?

i'll take it.

Millard missing that TD on our 2nd drive was a real bummer...

here's to a badass 2nd half of TDs by OU's offense.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

campinfool wrote:Well I'm gonna have to miss the rest of this one. I'm on my way to the ER for alcohol poisoning. I thought it would be fun to take a swig every time the announcers said "Johnny Football" or "Belldozer", but I'm so plastered I can't even make it to half time.
Be careful driving there.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

bah, game over.

sucks..i work with a peckerhead aggie fan who don't shutup about how much he hates OU fans (he has a point...most are fucking idiots who werent fans pre-stoops). but he just doenst shut the fuck up about it.

guess i gotta deal with 'em for a while
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

props to the Aggies on a great season.

this OU team proved one thing....the 3 top 10 teams they played were better than the Sooners this year.

wins over Texas, WVU, BU and OSU were fun though. not the worst year ever.

i just listen to the Buzzcocks and Glaxo Babies some more and have a few more local IPAs....and it will be tomorrow and basketball season. i kinda saw this one coming....you get preternatural sometimes about games you are going to lose.

ATM has owed us a bit....for a while.

BTPCF....welcome to Johnny Football.....the Tim Tebow for a new decade....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

It looked to me like aTm would have fared pretty well in the Big 12 this year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mace wrote:It looked to me like aTm would have fared pretty well in the Big 12 this year.
...or even the SEC. I think Manziel set the SEC record for most total yards as a QB. Not bad considering the spread doesn't work in the SEC, according to Sam.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Mace wrote:It looked to me like aTm would have fared pretty well in the Big 12 this year.
...or even the SEC. I think Manziel set the SEC record for most total yards as a QB. Not bad considering the spread doesn't work in the SEC, according to Sam.
A&M did pretty well in the SEC and pretty much dominated the Big 12 co-champs last night. Manziel running the spread would pretty much work against anyone in college football, imo. The scary thing is that this kid is only going to get better. They've got a great offensive line and some very good receivers that allows Manziel to be "Johnny Football".
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

the Aggies flat out whooped that ass.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote: this OU team proved one thing....the 3 top 10 teams they played were better than the Sooners this year.
since we're all predisposed to referencing cfb in terms of our own team: michigan was four top 10 teams from being 12-1 this year, their only loss on the road to nebraska while playing a 19th string qb in the 2nd half.
Last edited by M Club on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Where has IndyFrisco been all year? Did he lose a bet or something?
"Keys, woman!"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

DiT wrote:the Aggies flat out whooped that ass.
That pretty well sums it up, Dave.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M Club wrote:
King Crimson wrote: this OU team proved one thing....the 3 top 10 teams they played were better than the Sooners this year.
since we're all predisposed to referencing cfb in terms of our own team: michigan was four top 10 teams from being 12-1 this year, their only loss on the road to nebraska while playing a 19th string qb in the 2nd half.
fair enough. my point is that OU had 3 losses. all to top 10 teams. 2 at home. so, ergo, OU proved 3 times it was not a legit top 10 team. not that me or anyone is trying to make that case OU was legit top 10....but it's clear this OU team was good not great. get a little lucky KSU drops one and split the conference title.

i haven't gone to homer boards but i'm sure landry jones is being non-poetically ripped as per usual....but he's going to look a lot better a year from now. imo. the guy was never josh heupel or sam bradford...but, he was a very good college QB. far from my fave OU QB (Thomas Lott)....but kid gave a lot. doesn't deserve the homerish mistreatment he gets.

beat Texas 3 times as a starter...that's allegedly what we are all about...except when it isn't?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Big12BSHerism runs strong in the SunCoastDipshit house.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote:
M Club wrote:
fair enough. my point is that OU had 3 losses. all to top 10 teams. 2 at home. so, ergo, OU proved 3 times it was not a legit top 10 team. not that me or anyone is trying to make that case OU was legit top 10....but it's clear this OU team was good not great. get a little lucky KSU drops one and split the conference title.

i haven't gone to homer boards but i'm sure landry jones is being non-poetically ripped as per usual....but he's going to look a lot better a year from now. imo. the guy was never josh heupel or sam bradford...but, he was a very good college QB. far from my fave OU QB (Thomas Lott)....but kid gave a lot. doesn't deserve the homerish mistreatment he gets.

beat Texas 3 times as a starter...that's allegedly what we are all about...except when it isn't?
Eh, I wasn't criticizing your point, just pointing out that we got our asses kicked by the Top 10 as well. But due to unbalanced scheduling our 8-5 season looks a lot less successful than, say, Northwestern's 10-3.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M Club wrote: Eh, I wasn't criticizing your point, just pointing out that we got our asses kicked by the Top 10 as well. But due to unbalanced scheduling our 8-5 season looks a lot less successful than, say, Northwestern's 10-3.
oh i know. i just wanted get my "end of year" thoughts in a ducky row.

i suspect OU is an 8 or 9 win team next year.

and for all the all purpose abuse Vandy takes from SEC Hater and Ball Sucking SEC Homer alike....9 wins bitch.

welcome to the new reality. maybe.
"
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Maybe he is trying out the new OU helmets...