Sanchez benched.....finally

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Sanchez benched.....finally

Post by Mace »

And replaced by Greg McElroy who came off the practice squad this week due to Tebow's rib injury and promptly took the Jets on a 10 play scoring drive. Sanchez had 3 INTs in the game and was his usual ineffective self.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... -cardinals
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Sanchez benched.....finally

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

7-6? How did I miss that epic clash?

Sam will be in this thread as soon as he's done vigorously beating off to the replay of that scoring drive.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

They are a truly wretched team, but I don't think you can pin it all on the QB. The O line is a complete shambles and they have absolutely no skill position players worth even the tiniest dribble of prefuck. QB is probably their strongest position.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Isn't it a rule now that at least 16% of NFL QBs have to be Hispanic?

Benching Sanchez could create a major problem. I don't see Jim Plunkett making a comeback any time soon, and Taylor Ramirez just isn't quite ready yet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:They are a truly wretched team, but I don't think you can pin it all on the QB. The O line is a complete shambles and they have absolutely no skill position players worth even the tiniest dribble of prefuck. QB is probably their strongest position.
No, I don't think you can put it all on Sanchez, but he has to shoulder the most responsibility. He was over-hyped coming out of USC and had the misfortune of going to a team in NYC where the hype and expectations were even greater. Sanchez isn't a franchise type QB and never will be. Andrew Luck he isn't. The Jet defense is what got them to the playoffs in previous years, not Sanchez or the offense, and the defense is also bad this year.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:No, I don't think you can put it all on Sanchez, but he has to shoulder the most responsibility.
Why? The team around him is total garbage. What the fuck is he supposed to do if nobody can block, run or catch footballs? Joe Fucking Montana couldn't save that team.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
Mace wrote:No, I don't think you can put it all on Sanchez, but he has to shoulder the most responsibility.
Why? The team around him is total garbage. What the fuck is he supposed to do if nobody can block, run or catch footballs? Joe Fucking Montana couldn't save that team.
The O-line is bad, granted, but they're good enough to have a 1,000 yard rusher by season's end. Maybe they blocked better for McElroy....but I doubt it. He's the QB and they always shoulder the bulk of the criticism when things turn to shit and get most of the praise when they're winning. As I said earlier, they won with defense when they made the playoffs and not because Sanchez and the offense was any great shakes.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:I'd rather watch Goobs fuck one of his cows than watch any Jets game.
You have a weird obsession with my large American penis.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:You have a weird obsession with my large America penis in general.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sanchez isn't half bad when he has receivers to throw to and early in his career, the Jets had one of the best offensive lines and running attacks. He's not a miracle worker...but neither is Tebow. The receivers stink and Shonn Greene is a mediocre running back.

The team, as constructed, is faulty...throwing a big contract at Sanchez doesn't make the problems go away. The Lions are in the same boat with Stafford...same draft year as Sanchez...they've got a much better offense but don't have the team success the Jets have had but haven't moved on signing him to an extension.

It was a mistake to get Tebow and it was a panic move to sign Sanchez to that silly extension. More and more, teams are having success with young QBs...it's not like starting over always means you're going to be awful for years. There aren't Lucks and Griffins in every draft but you get a guy like a Dalton or a Kaepernick or a Flacco and have some solid success.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Shoalzie wrote:Sanchez isn't half bad when he has receivers to throw to and early in his career, the Jets had one of the best offensive lines and running attacks. He's not a miracle worker.
He is awful. He's always been awful. He misses open receivers and isn't accurate at all. With his receiving core injured and the defense weaker than in past years, his ineptitude has been magnified. But believe me... he's always sucked.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What's surprising is that he's actually been decent in the postseason...probably why he's been able to get away with being a sub-60% passer in the regular season. He was upside in TD-to-INT his rookie year but then he wins two playoff games and then did it again the following year.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

True, but with a solid defense and a running game that didn't depend on Sanchez to do much. He could develope into a game managing QB at some point in his career if he plays for a better team. Nothing more. Andrew Luck elevates his team, Sanchez can't.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote: He could develope into a game managing QB at some point in his career if he plays for a better team. Nothing more.
That's all I was saying. Improve his O line and get him a little skill talent to work with and he would be a serviceable NFL QB.
they're good enough to have a 1,000 yard rusher by season's end
That's 62.5 yards per game. Not very impressive by any standard.
Last edited by mvscal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shoalzie wrote:It was a mistake to get Tebow
How would anyone know? They don't use him. Certainly it was a mistake to trade for him if they were just going to park him on the bench.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Sanchez.....BACK!
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

mvscal wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:It was a mistake to get Tebow
How would anyone know? They don't use him. Certainly it was a mistake to trade for him if they were just going to park him on the bench.

A common refrain is that he's not even any good in practice...why put him in an actual game?
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Papa Willie wrote:Sanchez is seriously beyond shit. Worst QB in the NFL.
I'm a little surprised that nobody has factored in the other side of that games equation for suck, which is what the Az. Cardinals are putting on the field. Watching Ryan Lindley play for the last two games has been dreadful. Sanchez might have been intercepted more, but where in the fuck was Lindley throwing all game? I know the guy is/was the third-stringer, but right now Whisenhunt is stubbornly and stupidly sticking him in as starter. The guy is the definition of bad. In fact, given the QB group of the Cardinals as a whole, with Skelton and Kolb thrown in, I would take the Jets QB's over the Cards any day.

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez has been overrated from day one. But he isn't worse than the collective crap that Arizona is thrusting on their fans.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Lindley could do OK is he had a little help. Same thing happened to the poor guy his Sr year at SDSU.....lost all his weapons and had to rely on the running game most of the time. He doesn't even have that in AZ.
Hmmm....kind like Rivers. Spray's left nut for an offensive line for my Bolts
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti