Steve Nash MVP!!

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Steve Nash MVP!!

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

Rack the canadian kid from Victoria B.C., for being this years MVP. I heard Shaq was a little pissed, but sucks for him. Nash has definitely deserved it.
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Fuck that. Shaq deserves the MVP. Its alright, b/c his legacy will be cemented w/ his 4th Finals MVP after this season.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:Fuck that. Shaq deserves the MVP. Its alright, b/c his legacy will be cemented w/ his 4th Finals MVP after this season.
You're a fucking idiot.

Nice to see the NBA get it right for a change.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bitch please. Nash is deserving, but the lakers won 18 games less w/ out him and the Heat won 17 more w/ him. Thats a 37 game swing.

I know the Suns won like 35+ more games but that is also due to the vastly improved play of Amare and Marion.

W/ Shaq everyone on the Heat had career years b/c of him.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

18 + 17 = 35 :lol:
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:Bitch please. Nash is deserving, but the lakers won 18 games less w/ out him and the Heat won 17 more w/ him. Thats a 37 game swing.

I know the Suns won like 35+ more games but that is also due to the vastly improved play of Amare and Marion.

W/ Shaq everyone on the Heat had career years b/c of him.
The Rapers are where they deserve to be for choosing that POS Bryant over basicly everyone else.

The Heat wouldn't be doing shit without Wade.

And as far as the play of Amare and Shaun.......

I wonder exactly what caused it to improve so dramaticly.

Couldn't be the new point guard, could it?

Dumbass.

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Rack Fu wrote:18 + 17 = 35 :lol:

Yeah, I fucked that one up.

Diogenes - I admit that Nash probably aided in the improvement of Marion and Amare. No doubt, he was the second best player in the league. The problem is, the Lakers finished 11 games out of the 8th place spot in the West after winning the West the year before. The Mavs actually improved by 6 wins by Nash leaving.

I feel bad for the Wiz, cause The Diesel is gonna be angry.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:18 + 17 = 35 :lol:
The problem is, the Lakers finished 11 games out of the 8th place spot in the West after winning the West the year before.
That's because they chose an overrated POS over O'Neil, Jackson AND Malone.

Look at the Suns record in games Nash missed vs. the Heat's record when O'Neil is out.

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I will give you that last stat and maybe conceed that Nash is deserving. I think I am just a little ticked that the most dominant big man in the last 25 years has only mustered one MVP trophy despite leading his teams to 5 Final series.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:I will give you that last stat and maybe conceed that Nash is deserving. I think I am just a little ticked that the most dominant big man in the last 25 years has only mustered one MVP trophy despite leading his teams to 5 Final series.
EJECT!!!! EJECT!!!!

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Like I said the last 25 years, meaning from 1980-2005. The Kareem of the 80s couldnt take Shaq, but Kareem in the 70s would have gave him a battle . Hence, the last 25 years.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:Like I said the last 25 years, meaning from 1980-2005. The Kareem of the 80s couldnt take Shaq, but Kareem in the 70s would have gave him a battle . Hence, the last 25 years.
See how many titles the Lackers had before and after Kareem was there and tell me who was the most dominant big man in the league. :roll:

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The same time Kareem got there Magic came and then Worthy came. In the 80s Kareem was winding down. Kareem was awesome and no doubt the 2nd greatest center of all-time but in the 80s, he didnt dominated like Shaq has the last 13 years.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:The same time Kareem got there Magic came and then Worthy came. In the 80s Kareem was winding down. Kareem was awesome and no doubt the 2nd greatest center of all-time but in the 80s, he didnt dominated like Shaq has the last 13 years.
And how many titles did Isaiah's boyfreind get without Kareem?

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

He went to the Finals in 91 but gor run over by Jordan as did the rest of the teams in the 90s. Also, who knows what Magic would have done b/c 2 years after Kareem retired, Magic got HIV and retired.

I am not down playing Lew. He belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of greatest NBA players, but he complimented Magic in the 80s the same way Penny, Kobe and Wade have done the past 13 years.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

I like how fucking Barkley talks out of BOTH sides of his mouth last night on TNT. He said he's sick of the; "Nash won because he was white", crap. But then, he goes on to say how close the final numbers were, and calls out two voters who lkeft Shaq off their top 5. (Obviously trying to imply that if the (racists) had voted right, Shaq would have been MVP.)

But, Charles is "Tired of hearing about how Nash won it because he's white." :roll: And how PJ Brown doesn't deserve a top 5 placement.

Ok, Chuck. Sure. Hey Chuck? STFU, you ass.

Magic by the way, looks great. That dude has HIV???
And his takes are solid. :wink:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

Cicero wrote:The same time Kareem got there Magic came and then Worthy came. In the 80s Kareem was winding down. Kareem was awesome and no doubt the 2nd greatest center of all-time but in the 80s, he didnt dominated like Shaq has the last 13 years.
Shaq's numbers are actually down quite a bit this last year.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille ... index.html

Fewr PPG. Fewer rebounds per gm., less minutes. far worse free throw % than in years past. The Pistons showed the world how to handle the fat ass, last year! Run his ass up and down the floor. Push it up and make the tub-o-lard RUN to get into defensive position!

Sure, Shaq has been dominate over his career, but Lew Alcindor had a great supporting cast, which would obviously take away your overall numbers.
Shaq has only had to deal with the Rapist and Wade.
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cicero wrote:the most dominant big man in the last 25 years
I'm sure I didn't just read that......it must have been a Dream.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Name one big man that has been as dominant as Shaq.

Hakeem, Robinson and Malone were MVP's but they didnt strike the fear that Shaq has.

I'm not saying he is the most dominant of all-time b/c its hard to compare eras.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Cicero wrote:
Hakeem, Robinson and Malone were MVP's but they didnt strike the fear that Shaq has.
Hakeem placed fear in the eyes of every fucking big man that had to face him when he was in his prime. You were probably about two at the time, but try looking for some video footage of the Western Conference Finals in '95 right after Robinson won the MVP. Tell me there was zero fear in David's eyes as Hakeem slaughtered his ass up and down the court. It was called domination. Also, who's the only player Shaq admit to being intimidated by?

Hakeem.

Who's the biggest fucktard on this message board?

mothage...but you're 1b to his 1a.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I'll give Hakeem is due. When Jordan retired the 1st time, he stepped and became the best player in the league. Hakeem played Shaq very well.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I'm sorry for being mean. Dinsdale had my password. He's such a dick.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:
Cicero wrote:the most dominant big man in the last 25 years
I'm sure I didn't just read that......it must have been a Dream.
RAAKKKKK!!
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Im sorry Rozy. Why dont you post a legitimate take once in a while?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Cicero wrote:Im sorry Rozy. Why dont you post a legitimate take once in a while?
I'll try harder
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cicero wrote:Im sorry Rozy. Why dont you post a legitimate take once in a while?
Like your legitamate takes are doing so well........

And anyone who saw last night's game and still doesn't think Nash deserves the MVP is a fucking idiot.

Just sayin'.....

ImageImage
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

Diogenes wrote:
And anyone who saw last night's game and still doesn't think Nash deserves the MVP is a fucking idiot.
rack

and anyone who saw what miami did in game three without shaq has to say that dwayne wade is the co-mvp of that team. unless youre a fucking idiot.

phx is just a different team when nash isnt around and deserved the mvp more than anybody since ive been following phx suns basketball and the lebatard can lick my dirty hairy asshole if he can find my drugs.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Steve must have been watching Kareem's old films.

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

rozy wrote:
I'll try harder
It might be funny if you had the right person. I guess you confuse me w/ Jeff In Tampa or Crown b/c I went to FSU but root for Duke basketball. I admit that I root for two schools but you're a fuckin moron if you think I am him or something. I never posted on Smackbat or Smackchat.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Just heard on the ESPN broadcast of game 6 Suns/Mavs, courtesy of everyone's favorite tie-dyed wearing dork:

Steve Nash is the best player in the NBA. I had no idea he was as good as he is.

That's because you are a fucking moron. Go smoke another bowl and stop trying to comment on something in which you've obviously lost touch.

What a fucking dumbass. Reason No. 467 why it's best to mute the TV and put on ESPN Radio, if you can't get your team's local play-by-play guy.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

memo to nash sycophants: He averaged a paltry 16 pts and 11 assists during the regular season. That is the worst pt average since the award has been given. Anyone who saw the Dallas series KNOWS that Nash was showing up Cuban and Co for not resigning him. There was a revenge factor which was VERIFIED courtside in the interview right after PHX clinched. The first words out of Nash's mouth? "I would have liked to retire a Mav."

Yeah, no hard feelings there.

And please ease up on Miami wins without Shaq bullshit. Don't act like it was San Antonio or Detroit.....it was freaking the Wizards. Who cares? Yeah, Shaq's not important. That is why people are saying if Shaq does not play Detroit will win easily. Yep, not important.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

T REX wrote:That is why people are saying if Shaq does not play Detroit will win easily. Yep, not important.
Even if the lummox does show up, Detroit is still going to win. Six games, max. Probably more like 5.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

T REX wrote:memo to nash sycophants: He averaged a paltry 16 pts and 11 assists during the regular season. That is the worst pt average since the award has been given. Anyone who saw the Dallas series KNOWS that Nash was showing up Cuban and Co for not resigning him. There was a revenge factor which was VERIFIED courtside in the interview right after PHX clinched. The first words out of Nash's mouth? "I would have liked to retire a Mav."
Meaning he still had fond memories of the city and team, idiot.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

The three-time NBA All-Star averaged 15.5 points (.502 FG%) and an NBA-best 11.5 assists in 34.3 minutes per game. The Suns enjoyed a 60-15 record when he was in the lineup this season as he helped guide the team to its first division title since 1994-95 and its fourth overall (1980-81, 1992-93, 1994-95). Nash is one of only seven players since 1970 to notch double figures in assists in 14 or more consecutive games (John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Nate Archibald, Isiah Thomas, Nate Archibald and Kevin Porter).

Nash is in the company of Bob Cousy (1956-57), Oscar Robertson (1963-64), Johnson (1986-87, 1988-89 and 1989-90), Michael Jordan (1990-91, 1992-93, 1995-96, 1997-98) and Allen Iverson (2000-01) as the only guards in NBA history to be named NBA MVP. He is also the fourth player in NBA history to lead the league in assists and win the MVP award in the same season (Cousy, Robertson and then Johnson in 1986-87).

Nash (Canada) is in select company as he joins Hakeem Olajuwon (1993-94, Nigeria) as the only international players to win the award.

Nash, who joins Charles Barkley (1992-93) as the only Suns player to receive the NBA’s top individual honor, was named Western Conference Player of the Week on two occasions this season and was named Western Conference Player of the Month for November. Nash was selected to the 2005 NBA Western Conference All-Star Team and also won the PlayStation Skills Challenge at All-Star Weekend in Denver.

Nash posted the NBA’s highest assist average (11.5) in the last decade, the most since Stockton averaged 12.3 assists in 1994-95. Since 1990-91, only Stockton (six times), Johnson (once) and Mark Jackson (once) have averaged 11-plus assists in a season. Three times this season Nash recorded a double-digit assist streak of 11 games or more, including a franchise-best 14-game streak from March 6-April 3. He notched double figures in assists in 59 of 75 games played in the regular season, including 32 of his last 35 games.

The Suns made a remarkable turnaround from last season when the club finished with a disappointing 29-53 (.354) record, the third-worst in franchise history. Their 33-game improvement this season (62-20, .756) ranks as the third greatest turnaround in NBA history behind the Spurs of 1989-90 and 1997-98.

Nash guided the Suns to a league-best 110.4 points per game, up 16.2 points from last season’s 94.2 scoring average. It ranked as the largest increase in team scoring from one season to the next since the advent of the shot clock (1954-55). The previous largest increase was 15.3 points by the Philadelphia Warriors from 1958-59 (103.3) to 1959-60 (118.6) and was due to the presence of rookie Wilt Chamberlain.

The NBA MVP trophy is named in honor of the late Maurice Podoloff, the first commissioner of the NBA who served from 1946 until his retirement in 1963.

Get over it, bitter little bitches.

ImageImage
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Diogenes wrote:
T REX wrote:memo to nash sycophants: He averaged a paltry 16 pts and 11 assists during the regular season. That is the worst pt average since the award has been given. Anyone who saw the Dallas series KNOWS that Nash was showing up Cuban and Co for not resigning him. There was a revenge factor which was VERIFIED courtside in the interview right after PHX clinched. The first words out of Nash's mouth? "I would have liked to retire a Mav."
You're a tard if you think that. Why did he suddenly go off? Hmmmm, couldn't be because it was the team that left him at the altar. Nope. You aren't that naive, are you?

Calling me an idiot? How the fuck could you know that he still had fond memories or not? It is what it is.......

I am not bitter. I don't give a shit. It is just funny to see people like you. Carry on.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

T REX wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
You're a tard if you think that. Why did he suddenly go off? Hmmmm, couldn't be because it was the team that left him at the altar. Nope. You aren't that naive, are you?

Not matching the opposition's pay offer isn't exactly "leaving at the altar".

And he went off like that because that's what MVPs do.

Calling me an idiot? How the fuck could you know that he still had fond memories or not? It is what it is.......

That was the implication of what he SAID.

You're the one claiming to be fucking telepathic here.

I am not bitter. I don't give a shit.

It shows. :roll:

ImageImage
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Hey, nice game. You just lost home court to the best home team in the NBA.

Uh, did you see the post game interview? The guy asked him about how he felt beating his old team. His response? "I would have liked to retire a Mav."

You stupid or somethin'?

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

What was it about this so-called "controversy" involving the lummox and Nash anyway?

If there was any controversy at all, it should have been between Nash and Duane Wade.

Or Tony Parker. :twisted:

Sorry, Dio, after Game 2, couldn't resist.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Here boy, man, dio-rrhea disappeared. Nice.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

RadioFan wrote:Tony Parker. :twisted:

Sorry, Dio, after Game 2, couldn't resist.
Don't forget Jerry Stackhouse. :evil:

If you don't follow the Suns, you might underestimate how important he is to them on both sides of the court.

We'll see what kind of shape he is in for game 3.

ImageImage