Rack Chi-Town and New Order concert Tuesday night.

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Rack Chi-Town and New Order concert Tuesday night.

Post by frodo_biguns »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went down for the New Order concert last night, best concert I've been to ever. Then headed over to a club called Neo grab some Boddington's on tap and watch hot lesbians making out all night. RACK FUCKING CHI-TOWN for providing an entertaining night.
Then we polished it off with a Chicago Style Hot dog, red-hot style!!!!

It's so fokken nice to get to a town that is diverse. It's almost a culture shock if you are from such a segregated sate like Wisconsin. Rack the lesbians making out a feeling each other up , and most of all "RACK" the black girl who took our order for our hot dogs while telling how she would fuck and suck my white ass. I tell you there is not enough love in this world for people like her.

Then we sat back and watched as she went to town on a couple of crackers who came in with no sense of humor. If you ever want to experience it head of to Diversy and Clark and grab a dog, she fokken rocks. As we walked out I told her our room number and said "Stop on by and I'll Donkey Punch ya." Rack the black woman who knows what a Donkey punch was. Priceless. She never showed up, I actually gave her the room a couple doors down.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Best concert ever? I'll find out for myself when it finishes downloading.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=40313
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Donovan wrote:Best concert ever? I'll find out for myself when it finishes downloading.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=40313
Won't be the same as being there, but Hook was on fire and Bernard sounded like he was in the studio.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i saw echo and the bunnymen and new order at red rocks in 1990. i can say honestly that e and the b rocked....and new order was awful. terrible. it was like watching solid gold. it wasn't a live show, it was a "performance".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

King Crimson wrote:i saw echo and the bunnymen and new order at red rocks in 1990. i can say honestly that e and the b rocked....and new order was awful. terrible. it was like watching solid gold. it wasn't a live show, it was a "performance".
I saw them in 1989 in Milwaukee and this show blew it away. A couple of the guys from the after bar party went to the show at Red Rocks and said it was good. Maybe they were drunk.

I heard the bunnymen are putting on some good shows too. If they make back to the midwest I for sure will have to try and make a show. I also heard that the Pixies are putting on a great show too.

Have you guys ever heard of Pulp?
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Review from the Chicago Sun Times
New Order crackles with energy

May 5, 2005

BY THOMAS CONNER Staff Reporter

When New Order finished playing "Transmission" -- a quirky song by New Order's doomed, post-punk predecessor, Joy Division -- singer Bernard Sumner hissed and said, "Enough of that rock s---! We want you to start dancing!" And, true to the band's hits-heavy set, they launched into "True Faith" as if it were a brand-new nightclub sensation.

Like most of the set Tuesday night at the Aragon Ballroom, these were songs they seemed obliged to play. God forbid a New Order concert should pass without "True Faith," "Bizarre Love Triangle" and the requisite Joy Division chestnut.

But during "Transmission," something happened that makes New Order shows still worth seeing after (gulp) a quarter of a century. This band -- a British outfit we sometimes know more from dance floors and John Hughes movie soundtracks -- actually rocked. Sumner matched the songs' quaint but deceptively foreboding mood with uncharacteristic growling and gurgling (it's a bit low for his range), while bassist Peter Hook barked and shrieked randomly. And for a few minutes, the New Order experience was about pogoing and pumping fists rather than twirling and dancing. Post-punk, indeed.

Tuesday's energetic show was spiced with such moments. Given that the band's live incarnation is a genuine guitar-bass-drums-vocals quartet, the occasional use of pre-recorded synthesizers and beats seemed surprisingly intrusive. The best songs were those that allowed guitarist Phil Cunningham to cut loose ("Regret," "Crystal") and let Hook show off his chiming namesake hooks in soloing poses at the edge of the stage (nearly every song, but especially the new "Hey Now What You Doing" and the opener, "Love Vigilantes").

Hook was manic, and once again he proved to be an invaluable asset in the band's attack -- something not said about many bass players. Looking like a bedraggled Alan Rickman, Hook prowled the spotlight all night, plucking out the alarmingly simple bass melodies that make New Order, like so many of the British bands from that early '80s era, sound as good in concert and on the dance floor as it does in the car or on an iPod. Sometimes he's providing the groove, sometimes he's taking the melody, often he's doing both.

Again, this magic peaked during a Joy Division song, the classic "Love Will Tear Us Apart." It had its typically lumbering moments, but when Hook stopped bellowing indecipherably, dropped the melody and started grinding into his black bass next to drummer Stephen Morris' explosive kit, the two sparked some crackling fire, which Hook tamed to the end with an absurd but wildly cheered one-note solo back at stage's edge.

Sumner introduced all the songs -- no suspense, no pretensions -- cracked jokes and thanked Chicago for waiting 12 years since the band's last local show. And, really, it's that down-to-earth attitude that makes New Order still so engaging at this late date. The band didn't break new ground, by any means, but it rocked -- no extended remix required
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Here's a link to some pictures from the show.

http://thebuntings.blogspot.com/