What team should I bandwagon until CU stops sucking?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

What team should I bandwagon until CU stops sucking?

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Definitely out:
Nebraska
Notre Dame
ASU
Any SEC team

Probably not gonna happen:
Any other Pac 12 team
Any team east of the Mississippi

Suggestions?
"Keys, woman!"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: What team should I bandwagon until CU stops sucking?

Post by Van »

TCU?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Hmmm. I can dig it. My first thought was Boise, but they're kind of a trendy pick. I definitely like the idea of pulling for a former mid-major making the jump to an AQ conference. Let's see...

Pros: cool mascot, underdog appeal, I'd only have to add one letter to my screen name
Cons: they're from Texas, they're Christian, I'd have to wear purple a lot

Verdict: In the running, but I want to hear some other suggestions.
"Keys, woman!"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

K State?

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Iowa seems like a natural fit.

They're not an elite team, so I wouldn't feel like a total frontrunner. It'd give me an excuse to continue fostering my intense hatred for Nebraska. My best friend since high school is an Iowa native and lifelong Hawkeyes fan. Black & yellow is pretty close to black & gold. Mace seems like a decent enough guy. Plus, they churn out like 46 NFL starters every year...
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

<--- No brainer.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Ouch....

69-14 to Fresno ?

There should be some room on the southern CAL wagon... if you're still looking ?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

No love for the Sooners?

They have their own TV network, somewhere...
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Rice.

We have good colors, are respected by all but a glorified HS, are the underdog and hosted a Super Bowl.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Keep it in-state, root for Air Force.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Arizona.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

49ers (SF, not Long Beach)
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Wags,
I might've been on board a year ago, but y'all are sleeping with the enemy now.

M2,
I actually respect USC quite a bit. I don't have anywhere near the hatred for them as 95% of this board - and the country as a whole - seems to have. But I don't think I could bring myself to out-and-out root for a team in the same division as the Buffs. Also, 69-14 is a little misleading. It could've easily been 100-14 if Fresno hadn't called off the dogs. I could see Oregon dropping 150 on us.

Carson,
No.

Lefty,
I considered Rice too. All of the pros you list are correct, plus, I played a few seasons as Rice in an online dynasty on NCAA 09 a few years back where we all picked C-USA teams. Jarett Dillard was damn near unstoppable on that game and I actually made it all the way to the BCS CG with them, only to lose to Ohio State. So I actually kind of pull for Rice already, but I'm looking for a team that isn't already an elite team but has the potential to get there. Sadly, I don't the the Owls fit that bill.

Danimal,
See above. I already do root for AF, but I just don't see a service academy ever contending for a BCS bowl.

Seer,
See my reply to M2. I actually kind of like DickRod, and Tucson seems like the lone bastion of sanity in this kooky-ass state, but I can't root for a team in the same division as CU. Plus, as an ASU grad living in Tempe, a lot of my friends would think I was just doing it to be obnoxious, and in truth, they'd be right.

Mikey,
I don't frequently admit this in public, but I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid. I've never even set foot in Dallas and I get why everyone hates them, but I just thought their uniforms were cool and I guess old habits die hard. Even though I like Harbaugh a lot and all the old 49ers I hated (Montana, Young, Rice, the Husker backfield) are long gone, I still have to turn away from the TV every time they start to show a replay of that Dwight Clark catch in the '81 NFC championship game. So while my hatred for the Niners has diminished over the years, I don't think I could ever become a fan. I am pretty stoked on the Broncos now that they have a real QB again, but my interest in the NFL is mostly limited to my fantasy team...
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as a longtime veteran of the empty Coors Events Center, the best sports entertainment dollar around (GA ticket, plenty of room to stretch out, nachos and 2 beers for about 20$ total inna day/Dick Tharp era).....see marquee Kansas, OU, OSU, MU, Texas teams up close in person....i never ever ever thought i'd see the day the University of Colorado became a basketball school.

War Tad Boyle.

was going to say AFA. i actually really wanted Calhoun at CU....but CU peeps, blinded by the McCartney nostalgia again...argued that TC would only win 6-8 games a year. how's that sound today? 55-7 at halftime.

jesus, this embrace of Colorado as my solid but very distant and first ever (minus Vandy, which doesn't really count) "2nd favorite team" experiment isn't going that well i must say.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

The Seer wrote:Arizona.
that's my new #2 team. happy with hoke but embarrassed by the raw deal dickrod got at umich. perfect illustration of why the media can go fuck themselves: complained relentlessly about no access out of carr's fort schembechler then jump all over dickrod for actually granting access to the program and answering their banal questions.

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Iowa seems like a natural fit.

They're not an elite team, so I wouldn't feel like a total frontrunner. It'd give me an excuse to continue fostering my intense hatred for Nebraska. My best friend since high school is an Iowa native and lifelong Hawkeyes fan. Black & yellow is pretty close to black & gold. Mace seems like a decent enough guy. Plus, they churn out like 46 NFL starters every year...
been an opening for that position over a year now. send over your transcripts from iowa state and you're hired.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jsc810 wrote:Reconsider your no SEC team position.

Go with LSU. We have more fun than anyone else in the country, our players smoke grass, and we're good.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Oh burn^^^^^^

:meds:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Carson wrote:No love for the Sooners?

They have their own TV network, somewhere...
That somewhere has 20 million more viewers than Allbarn's network . . .
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Do you seriously expect a Colorado guy to root for OU, especially after he said one of his criterion is that he doesn't want to feel like a frontrunner by suddenly glomming onto an elite team?

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Van wrote:Do you seriously expect a Colorado guy to root for OU, especially after he said one of his criterion is that he doesn't want to feel like a frontrunner by suddenly glomming onto an elite team?
Not at all. It was in response to Carson. He has been on high horse about the Sooner Network that has 20 Million+ viewers in four states while Allbarn has a rather liberal estimate of zero.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Oh burn^^^^^^

You seem to follow me around like a little bitch. Glad to see I'm in your dome...there isn't much else in there.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

That was a piss poor FTFY, already a bottom-barrel take. You deserved it, cunt.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I apologize if I hurt your feelings....I shouldn't be so abrupt...Could've just said that there are currently no jock sniffing positions available at the moment...and maybe you have time to kill from not beating Senora Ramirez to the laundry room. I'll work on my tact but please in the future share you unsolicited responses to those currently disabled or wallowing in your lesser league DNA arena.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

King Crimson wrote:as a longtime veteran of the empty Coors Events Center, the best sports entertainment dollar around (GA ticket, plenty of room to stretch out, nachos and 2 beers for about 20$ total inna day/Dick Tharp era).....see marquee Kansas, OU, OSU, MU, Texas teams up close in person....i never ever ever thought i'd see the day the University of Colorado became a basketball school.

War Tad Boyle.

was going to say AFA. i actually really wanted Calhoun at CU....but CU peeps, blinded by the McCartney nostalgia again...argued that TC would only win 6-8 games a year. how's that sound today? 55-7 at halftime.

jesus, this embrace of Colorado as my solid but very distant and first ever (minus Vandy, which doesn't really count) "2nd favorite team" experiment isn't going that well i must say.
War Tad Boyle indeed. I never thought I'd see the day when I was counting the days to CBB season in mid-September, but, ya know, never say never.

Caught the home game against Fresno last season. Hadn't been to Coors Event Center since my days as a student in the late '90s. Disappointed to see that they stopped serving beer, but still a great overall value. My mom, my sister and I got in for a grand total of $25. They still have GA seating and there was still plenty of room, at least against a non-con opponent early in the season. There's really not a bad seat in that building. I doubt CU will ever be a "true" basketball school along the lines of Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, UConn, etc., but the last couple seasons seem to have invigorated their lethargic fan base.

Maybe Boyle could pull double-duty and coach the football team too. He couldn't do any worse...
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Van wrote:Do you seriously expect a Colorado guy to root for OU, especially after he said one of his criterion is that he doesn't want to feel like a frontrunner by suddenly glomming onto an elite team?
Not at all. It was in response to Carson. He has been on high horse about the Sooner Network that has 20 Million+ viewers in four states while Allbarn has a rather liberal estimate of zero.

It's amazing how much I'm in your dome. Seriously. And don't EVEN try to deny it. :lol:
I make a statement to and about Carson and somehow you're in my dome?

I think you make it clear who has the obsession here son.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

SunCoastSooner wrote: I make a statement to and about Carson and somehow you're in my dome?

I think you make it clear who has the obsession here son.
I noticed dome smack has already been lobbed in this thread by bottom-feeders like Spray and The Suck, so don't feel too bad. First card played by the terminally smackless.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Mike Bohn is all up in my dome...
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

mike bohn knows more about being a "good corporate partner" than good football. he's a salesman and not a lot more. if you've ever met the guy, he is a total perception is reality type. a vacuous TV smile and an over-eager handshake.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Jsc810 wrote:Reconsider your no SEC team position.

Go with LSU. We have more fun than anyone else in the country, our coach chews grass, and we're good.
I'm an LSU fan forever after seeing that avatar.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Oh yes, definitely Iowa..be like old times..Thanksgiving weekend..your cranberries will forever taste bitter..
Go with it..PLEASE!!!!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Going with Iowa this year would definitely not make you a frontrunner.....but at least they dodged the embarrassment of losing to UNI last Saturday. They're not very good this year although they're showing some improvement each week. With the Big 10 appearing to be very down this year, Iowa might have a chance to win a few conference games. FWIW, I think Purdue might be the team that ends up in the CCG to play the winner of the Michigan-MSU game.....or possibly the fuckin' Huskers. The conference is so bad this year that it will be hard to predict who might win on any given week. Northwestern could even be the team that survives all of the weekly cat fights.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Notre Dame. You need to reconsider.

You're definitely not a frontrunner on this board if you root for ND. You can see them on TV every week (or almost every week) no matter where you live, and we're actually doing well this year, for a change. Plus, you gave ND's fanbase props a few years back for representing well at the Insight Bowl.

Plus, I could use some help. Killian is mostly a ghost around here these days, and Lax is more of an anti-USC poster than a pro-ND poster.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mike wrote:Any team east of the Mississippi

That eliminated a whole lot of teams I otherwise would have suggested.

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Alright Sam, credit where credit's due. I'm not about to hop aboard the Tidewagon, but that shirt is pretty fuckin' sweet...
"Keys, woman!"
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

CU basically quit in the 1st quarter. You could see it in their body language. Fresno took out their all-time rushing leader in the 1st qtr. They pulled Derek Carr and most of the starters out at halftime to let the 2nd and 3rd stringers play. The score could have easily been well over 100 to 7 and that's pretty sad for CU.

CU has the athletes but I wonder what their coaching staff is doing. They seemed to have started sucking when they brought the Boise State golden boy Dan Hawkin in, when in reality Chris Petersen is the magic behind Boise.

I'll tell you who might be vulnerable for one upset in the PAC-12 and that is Oregon. Fresno went up there the week before and got blown out in the 1st half. Oregon has the fastest team I've even seen. However, former ATM coach Tim DeRuyter is a defensive coach and all but shut down Oregon's offense in the 2nd half. They got one garbage TD late in the game with a 19-7 scoring over the Ducks. You didn't hear about it on the sports networks but the other PAC-12 teams have to be taking notice. Also, Oregon did not pull its starters out like they did against Crap State Jr College.

BTW Mike, I've spent every Summer in Tempe growing up off Rural/Scottsdale Rd near Curry right north of the Salt River. I wonder if the Devil House is still there. It burned down once back in the day.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Atomic Punk wrote:Also, Oregon did not pull its starters out like they did against Crap State Jr College.

Dang... you must have watched a TOTALLY different Fresno St/Oregon game than I did.

I Watched the one where Barner, DAT, Mariota, and pretty much all 11 defensive starters were cheering from the sidelines the whole second half.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

When he said "starters" he meant the players that started the third quarter.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Or maybe they "started" their enrollment at U of O for fall term.

The advantage to cupcaking the OOC so hard was having a whoooole buncha guys get a whole lot of playing time.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Moral of the story: BTPCF pretty much sucks to high heaven quite a significant bit of the time.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote:Moral of the story: BTPCF pretty much sucks to high heaven quite a significant bit of the time.
Arkansas was supposed to be a NC caliber team.
Of course they were.