Romney's VP, call it

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Romney's VP, call it

Post by Van »

Yeah, but would people living in Detroit even notice if the power went down?

:popcorn:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
lovebuzz
Still thinking about a new title

Post by lovebuzz »

Van wrote:Yeah, but would people living in Detroit even notice if the power went down?

:popcorn:
Can't say for sure because Grosse Pointe and straight up Lake St. Clair was my hood.
They probably do.
The shit goes dead even when you're stealing it, eh ?
Chicken wire all soldered up from the pole to your crib, yo.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

lovebuzz wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:55 million customers in the norteast US and Ontario in 2003

7 whole hours?
Actually, that was almost 24 hours in the NE suburbs (read: not black, not ghetto, not unwashed Arab, so save it) of Detroilet.

ps: i'm not bagging on the grid/aligning myself with Felix. I'm simply stating that it wasn't 7 hours for me.
It was fun - - neighbors being neighborly, grills ablaze, libations consumed.
All in all, we had a real good time.
Yeah, we had fun too when the lights went out in San Diego last year, at least after the two extra hours it took to get home from work. Took some steaks out of the freezer, grilled them up, opened a bottle of red and dined by starlight.

Thing is, the economic damage of the NE outage is estimated at $5 billion to $10 billion. But...it only lasted 7 hours and there are no guarantees in life, right? And what's $10 billion between friends?
I mean, come on we live in the US, what do you expect...a reliable electric grid? You want reliabilty go buy a fucking Honda generator for backup.
lovebuzz

Post by lovebuzz »

Mikey wrote:Yeah, we had fun too when the lights went out in San Diego last year, at least after the two extra hours it took to get home from work. Took some steaks out of the freezer, grilled them up, opened a bottle of red and dined by starlight.

Thing is, the economic damage of the NE outage is estimated at $5 billion to $10 billion. But...it only lasted 7 hours and there are no guarantees in life, right? And what's $10 billion between friends?
I mean, come on we live in the US, what do you expect...a reliable electric grid? You want reliabilty go buy a fucking Honda generator for backup.

Good on ya, Mikey. Same here, took me approximately 4 hours to make a typically 20 - 25 min commute. Whole bunch of assholes on the roads, panicking and trying to buy as much petrol, bread, milk and meat as possible. Kind of like they do when there are snow flurries that apparently mean "blizzard." People are strange.

All was well when I arrived home and I did make the best of it. Simple living, high thinking and all.

i did buy a generator, though not a Honda and ps: i do know how to operate that bad boy. thing is crazy loud. pretty sure the neighbors aren't down.

i do expect a reliable electric grid and i don't happen to think we have an entirely reliable one in this country.
10 years in/around Detroit and 1 fun, little tornado in STL last year shattered any illusion there.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

lovebuzz wrote:i do expect a reliable electric grid and i don't happen to think we have an entirely reliable one in this country.
10 years in/around Detroit and 1 fun, little tornado in STL last year shattered any illusion there.
You might have a different opinion if you weren't living in some of the worst shitholes in the country.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
lovebuzz

Post by lovebuzz »

Hiya pissypants.

I like it when you dissect my posts with a fine tooth comb.
I feel the lurve.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:Took some steaks out of the freezer, grilled them up, opened a bottle of red and dined by starlight.
You ate a bag of Doritos with some Diet Frescas. Stop lying, fat-ass.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mikey wrote:Took some Steak-ums out of the freezer, grilled them up, opened a bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red and dined by starlight.
:paul: :paul: :paul:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Mikey wrote:Took some Steak-ums out of the freezer, grilled them up, opened a bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red and dined by starlight.
:paul: :paul: :paul:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is also an acceptable "ftfy".
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mikey wrote:Took some steaks out of the freezer, grilled them up, opened a bottle of red and dined by starlight.

Opened a can of "Tactical Bacon" and fought my fugly wife for the last can of Keystone Light...then fired off an angry missive to Marty on T1B because he is in my dome.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:

One of the great lefty talking points... the United States has BY FAR the best, most reliable electric grid on earth. Remind me of all those times entire regions went without electricity for an extended time that didn't involve a massive natural disaster?
sure thing....back in september of 2011 a maintenance worker at the North Gila substation, near Yuma, Arizona was performing routine maintenance at a substation, short-circuited some equipment and caused an adjacent 500 kV transmission line to trip which in turn resulted in a cascading failure across the entire southwestern United States and cost an estimated 100 million dollars by the time the lights came back on.....in 2003 a power line falling against a few trees in Northern Ohio caused a massive power failure that affected eight Northeastern states, Canada, and 50 million people, four downed power lines overburdened the other functioning power lines, resulting in a domino effect leading to largest blackout in North American history—one that contributed to 11 deaths, and cost $6 billion in damages....neither were natural disasters...our centralized power system is based on 100 year old thinking....
But if you repeat the phrase "crumbling infrastructure" enough times, the Sheeple will eventually believe it. A giant lie to bilk current AND future taxpayers out of their money, while fixing precisely nothing.
your knowledge of the infrastructure of this country is dumbfounding
our highways are falling apart at the seams, yet you don't have a clue....our bridges are falling apart (as evidenced by the bridge failure in minnesota).....

nice "no response" any the other questions I posed.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

According to Duncedale a vehicle with tires possessing tread measuring 1/56th of an inch doesn't need new tires because it hasn't blown a tire or become involved in an accident rate.

Brilliant.

Would it have been acceptable to you if your metropolis had lost power for "only", say, ten hours during the last week? No big deal if some seniors kick the bucket due to an inability to stay cool and/or get to a cooling center...right?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Felix wrote:
nice "no response" any the other questions I posed.....
I suppose one would have to accept the actual premise of your questions first in order to address them.

Conservatives do not look to the Fed to solve our problems. Conservatives look to the Fed to stay the fuck out of 'em. In 10 years of message-boarding with folks who don't think like you, one woulda thought you mighta picked up on that by now...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Would it have been acceptable to you if your metropolis had lost power for "only", say, ten hours during the last week?

In my metropolis/region, we have these utility board people, and they approve/disapprove upgrades, and plan to avoid disasters.

They're fairly good at it.

See how that works? We don't need Big Brother stealing from folks in New Hampshire to keep our power grid up and running.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Would it have been acceptable to you if your metropolis had lost power for "only", say, ten hours during the last week?
We've had power outages that have lasted 10 days, Amigo.

They were the result of a phenomena we like to call "ice storms"[/dr.evilairquotes] in these parts.

We didn't die.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Diego in Seattle wrote:According to Duncedale a vehicle with tires possessing tread measuring 1/56th of an inch doesn't need new tires because it hasn't blown a tire or become involved in an accident rate.

Brilliant.

Is this DMV smack ?

Hmmmm.... just need to remember 1/56th of an inch.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Truman wrote:
I suppose one would have to accept the actual premise of your questions first in order to address them.
here are the questions...point out which ones aren't relative
where are all the new jobs going to come from

where are the revenues that keep this country running going to come from....how are they going to make up lost revenue from the tax reductions

what are they going to do to stop the exodus of companies from the us

how are they going to address the failing infrastructure in this country

what social services are they going to gut first

How is a voucher system for health care going to make it better for seniors
Conservatives look to the Fed to stay the fuck out of 'em.
exactly which areas do you want the feds to "stay the fuck out" of
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

This isn’t hard, Felix.

ALL of your questions are irrelevant.

It’s the Fed that creates our problems and spins us into Recession.

It’s the Private Sector that pulls us out. It’s a formula proven time-and-again.

As the Greatest President of the 20th Century once said:

You want to put your faith in a system that currently enjoys only 10% of the country's confidence?

Knock yourself out, Champ.

Oh, sure, you’re dying for specifics. You want quotes to parse to take this thread 10 pages.

Ten years of pile-ons proves that you aren’t worth the keystrokes. And a dose of Common Sense isn’t about to cure your idiocy.

You want answers? Google is your friend. Just go away, tard.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Reagan deserves some credit for helping restore a sense of pride in America that had seriously waned toward the end of the Carter term, but I'm not sure I would want to champion him as a guy who really shrank government.

DEFICIT SPENDING began to grow out of control during Reagan's 8 years.

He, along with a Republican Senate (for 6 years), ran up crazy deficits which were 3, 4, even 5 times as much as were seen during the Carter years.

Reagan as a small government guy is a bit of a myth.

One of America's greatest problems - the unconstitutional Department of Education, was promised by Reagan to be abolished if he were elected.

With a Republican Senate, Reagan had a realistic shot at making this happen ---> but he badly failed to nut up.

Just another pawn.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Truman wrote:This isn’t hard, Felix.

ALL of your questions are irrelevant.

It’s the Fed that creates our problems and spins us into Recession.

It’s the Private Sector that pulls us out. It’s a formula proven time-and-again.

As the Greatest President of the 20th Century once said:

You want to put your faith in a system that currently enjoys only 10% of the country's confidence?

Knock yourself out, Champ.

Oh, sure, you’re dying for specifics. You want quotes to parse to take this thread 10 pages.

Ten years of pile-ons proves that you aren’t worth the keystrokes. And a dose of Common Sense isn’t about to cure your idiocy.

You want answers? Google is your friend. Just go away, tard.

Bullshit, Trupid. Your canned Hannity line is so fake and evasive as to make Sarah Palin choke on Glenn Rice's power pole. Oh wait, that actually happened.

Reagan was a criminal who ended his career in a witness box lying under oath. So many of his staff, cabinet members and minions ended up in jail it makes Watergate look like an AA meeting. His policies were geared to the Koch brothers, not you or me. And his record is in fact abysmal. So if you can't actually deal with the pertinent and pressing questions offered, then it's really you who should just shut it down-- shut up, watch and learn.
Before God was, I am
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mikey wrote:Thing is, the economic damage of the NE outage is estimated at $5 billion to $10 billion. But...it only lasted 7 hours and there are no guarantees in life, right? And what's $10 billion between friends?
I remember the NE outage well. It happened in the afternoon in the Eastern time zone on a weekday, so yeah, lots of lost productivity.

I remember going home from work early, rounding up the family and heading to the town pool. Along with lots of other people who happened to be there that day.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Truman wrote:

Just go away, tard.
this hurts deeply
and way to put some thought into your response....your reflective intellectual acuity is equivalent to that of a toaster oven.....
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: It is not compassionate to take money from one person and give it to someone else. That is called theft. And it is immoral.
So saving a kid's life that would otherwise starve is immoral? You are one huge POS.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:So saving a kid's life that would otherwise starve is immoral?
If it involves stealing from somebody else, yes. If you're so keen to save that kid's life, then feel free to buy him a sandwich on your nickel.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Moving Sale wrote: So saving a kid's life that would otherwise starve is immoral?

Live for yourself...there's no one else
More worth living for
Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more.