Unions to Sue Democrat Mayor For Imposing Minimum Wages

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Unions to Sue Democrat Mayor For Imposing Minimum Wages

Post by poptart »

You keep lobbing the term 'the taxpayers' around as if a taxpayer in Scranton and a taxpayer in an unrelated location is the same thing.

It's not.

The taxpayers in Scranton actually vote for people to handle the affairs of the city, don't they?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

PSUFAN wrote:Also, $40 billion was the projected loss when the $80 billion program got underway - now it's looking to be closer to 14. Meanwhile, at the start of the bankruptcy crisis, the auto industry had lost 400,000 jobs - 113,000 have been regained.

As you well know, these dire conditions came together during the Bush 2 years. The bailout was initiated during his watch, and brought through successfully under Obama. Styling it and the Wall Street bailouts as some kind of boutique solution promulgated by the Obama people is flat-out disingenuous.

Saving the auto industry was definitely a sound investment, even if that doesn't jibe with how things have been categorized for you in this election cycle. I'd also love to know - exactly what administration would not have initiated the auto bailout? Any administration would have.
There was no need to "save" the auto industry. People weren't going to just stop buying vehicles. Both GM and Chrysler have successful lines which gave their companies some value.

We have a process here called bankruptcy. It's been around a long time. When an entity can no longer pay its bills, it goes through this process. Some survive it, some don't.

GM and Chrysler should have went through this orderly process. Looks like Scranton and a whole lotta other places need to as well. Does it mean than some folks associated to these organizations end up fuct?

Yes it does. Life sucks like that sometimes.

What the feds did with the auto companies is say fukk bankruptcy law, we gotta take care of our UAW homies. Secured debt holders? Sucks to be you. You're prolly rich anyway.

Yeah, that's a real nice way to run an economy. I'm sure there will be people lined up to invest in these "secure" investments in the future with their very modest interest rates. :meds:
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Roach wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:The Scranton situation is actually very similar to the one playing out in Harrisburg, the city that houses the state capitol. . .
Gotta jump in here. This Scranton problem is a microcosm of what is playing out in California and a few other states. And guess who will end up bailing them out? The rest of the country who have not been so fiscally irresponsible. I'd like to say "fuck 'em" and let them go broke and starve, but we are too hooked into their economy to let it happen. The greater society can't afford to let mob rule begin. Yet. The frugal will end up paying the bills of the greedy feel-good spend it now lazy turds.

It ain't right, but it will happen. Deeper debt, print more 'stimulus' money, and one day it will be defaulted. Then the Derrons of the world will rule.

Rightfully and morally, the people of Scranton deserve to suffer and go broke for letting their problem occur. But it won't happen.

What would they do in Korea? Line 'em up against a wall and shoot, or just march them into the sea ten abreast and nationalize the buildings and equipment I suppose.
Too big to fail, huh?

More like too big to prop their sorry asses up. The alternative is as you say, the parasite continuesw to grow until it kills the host.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Roach wrote: It ain't right, but it will happen. Deeper debt, print more 'stimulus' money, and one day it will be defaulted. Then the Derrons of the world will rule.
Fuckin a...it may be a while, and I may be dead and gone, but unless this shit gets straightened out and society fly's right and the corruption goes away it will happen. There are clearly two classes in this country, that is the government employees and the private employees. Many sub classes in each one of those, but today's government employee is a elite, pampered and well taken care of worker. They have wages and benefits far above private employees, and their primary job function is to make sure that the government jobs and their secure positions are safe at every turn. Seniority and time on the job count for more that competence and performance.

When we start to see these failures of government agencies of various kinds, we will see anarchy soon after. Government has continued to extract taxes and money from the tax paying public at a rate that is unsustainable. Asking taxpayers to bail out these mismanaged government agencies is asking to have society implode. Let it be what it will be. When the government rolls over and defaults, who will bail them out ?

There will be no change until there is catastrophic failure of the financial systems, from which there will be no rational return. This will start a domino effect that will take down what is left of our economy and financial system. Today's unemployment will pale in comparison to what we will see.

I am going to go buy another 500 rounds of .223 ammo this morning and add it to my supply.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:I am going to go buy another 500 rounds of .223 ammo this morning and add it to my supply.
Be sure to test fire a couple of rounds into the roof of your mouth, you tinfoil hat wearing simpleton.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Derron wrote:I am going to go buy another 500 rounds of .223 ammo this morning and add it to my supply.
Be sure to test fire a couple of rounds into the roof of your mouth, you tinfoil hat wearing simpleton.

Yeah I think 88 covered it here:
88 wrote:Save your money. If aimed properly, 1 should do the job.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

PSUFAN wrote:
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Chrysler and GM have been repaying the loans at interest
By borrowing more money from the taxpayers, idiot.
By restructuring their companies and selling cars, nimrod.
Shut the fuck up, fool.
GM and Ally Financial in trouble

Treasury, which invested more than $50 billion in GM via the Troubled Asset Relief Program, has not sold any shares since 2010. It would need to sell its remaining stake of 500 million shares at more than $52 each to break even on the bailout.

On Tuesday, GM stock traded just above $20, down sharply from its initial public offering price of $33 in November 2010.

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars ... -1.3833953
Yeah....GM is doing great.

:meds: :meds: :meds:
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Scranton could easily file for bankruptcy much like Stockton CA and San Bernadino did yesterday as well as Vallejo did several years back, sure the locals are going to get screwed but it stays local as it should be. Here in Fresno our pension system is ripping the city apart, the average union worker is collecting 50% of his last paycheck for life and healthcare after serving around 10 years at their job so a cop clears around $3500 a month + bennies after a minimal pension contribution over the span of his job....yes we are fucked...get used to it. The dominoes are gonna start falling nationwide, public employee unions have corrupted and now bankrupted the system and fuck them looking for a bailout!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Martyred wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

Yeah I think 88 covered it here:
88 wrote:Save your money. If aimed properly, 1 should do the job.
Maybe I've got 88 on "ignore". Did you ever think of that?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

88 wrote:
Save your money. If aimed properly, 1 should do the job.
Especially if it takes out a lawyer or two..that could not be a bad thing.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Y2K wrote: the average union worker is collecting 50% of his last paycheck for life and healthcare after serving around 10 years at their job so a cop clears around $3500 a month + bennies after a minimal pension contribution over the span of his job....
They need to take a lesson from the Oregon Public Employee Retirement System. Most of them get about 80% to 105% of their last 5 years of salary. I know people making 10K a month, and an average one is making around 5k per month..till the day they fucking die. And they put NONE of their own money into it.

My neighbor and his wife are both public leech retiree's. They get about $ 5,900 per month in PERS, plus social security of about $ 2,400. $ 99,600 per year in retirement and never put a dime into it. He still claims he is poor and puts a sack of garbage in my can every week, because he cannot afford it , so he says.
Derron
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Y2K wrote:Scranton could easily file for bankruptcy much like Stockton CA and San Bernadino did yesterday as well as Vallejo did several years back, sure the locals are going to get screwed but it stays local as it should be. Here in Fresno our pension system is ripping the city apart, the average union worker is collecting 50% of his last paycheck for life and healthcare after serving around 10 years at their job so a cop clears around $3500 a month + bennies after a minimal pension contribution over the span of his job....yes we are fucked...get used to it. The dominoes are gonna start falling nationwide, public employee unions have corrupted and now bankrupted the system and fuck them looking for a bailout!
If you don't think a cop is worth 42k a year, then you're a fucking moron, it's that simple. And yeah, it's "easy" for a city to declare bankruptcy...no implications there. No problems. Just hop in a U-Haul and drive off into the sunset already...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

PSUFAN wrote:
Y2K wrote:Scranton could easily file for bankruptcy much like Stockton CA and San Bernadino did yesterday as well as Vallejo did several years back, sure the locals are going to get screwed but it stays local as it should be. Here in Fresno our pension system is ripping the city apart, the average union worker is collecting 50% of his last paycheck for life and healthcare after serving around 10 years at their job so a cop clears around $3500 a month + bennies after a minimal pension contribution over the span of his job....yes we are fucked...get used to it. The dominoes are gonna start falling nationwide, public employee unions have corrupted and now bankrupted the system and fuck them looking for a bailout!
If you don't think a cop is worth 42k a year, then you're a fucking moron, it's that simple. And yeah, it's "easy" for a city to declare bankruptcy...no implications there. No problems. Just hop in a U-Haul and drive off into the sunset already...
It doesn't fukking matter what you think a cop is worth. if you don't have the money, you can't pay him. You can't just tell someone else to do it. And unfortunately for Scranton, they can't just fire up the presses like the feds are doing currently.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

So you'd best describe the relationship between Scranton and its creditors as notionary?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

PSUFAN wrote:If you don't think a cop is worth 42k a year, then you're a fucking moron,
Really? Why is that? They're juiced up apes who can barely tie their own shoes.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Y2K wrote:...public employee unions have corrupted and now bankrupted the system and fuck them looking for a bailout!
Pay them out in municipal bonds and tell them to fuck off.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sorry, the next even remotely intelligent cop I see will be the first. These people are low grade morons culled from the utter dregs of society then given a gun and all the steroids they can stick in their asses.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

88 wrote:It is summer in Cleveland, and the amount of tatted up zeros I have seen just hanging around doing nothing
Tatted up zeros hanging around doing nothing probably describes the lifestyle of 99% of the local PD prior to joining. Now they get to hang out in their squad cars doing nothing in between noshing donuts and shooting dogs. They've gotten all this high speed military gear and now they are bigger pussies than ever.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I've known plenty of cops. To a man they are gutless thugs and pussies. Most of them belong in front of a firing squad.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal, broadbrushing an entire profession based on a tiny sampling of anecdotal evidence is well beneath you. C'mon, you're better than that.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

88 wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:If you don't think a cop is worth 42k a year, then you're a fucking moron, it's that simple. And yeah, it's "easy" for a city to declare bankruptcy...no implications there. No problems. Just hop in a U-Haul and drive off into the sunset already...
What do you think happens when a city declares bankruptcy? It isn't like the Police/Fire/Sanitation etc. stop functioning. Those are the first things a city agrees to pay. And, surprisingly, they pay what the market rate demands for such services. The creditors that get fucked are the businesses that loaned the city money, mostly. It is basically a reset. The city sheds loads of irresponsible debt. Bond holders get fucked 8 ways to Sunday. And things move forward under a court supervised reorganization plan. There are probably a lot of shit investments and projects that get cut off at the knees. But aside from that, things move on. It isn't like they grab half the population and the city employees and start a big bonfire and burn all of them.
Points taken. However - if the concern is that others shouldn't share the burden when a city founders, then bankruptcy has problems also. When municipal bondholders take a hit, it causes rates to rise for cities nationwide.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

mvscal wrote:I've known plenty of cops. To a man they are gutless thugs and pussies. Most of them belong in front of a firing squad.
Yes...and your patiently crafted perception translates directly to our general experience - viola!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:mvscal, broadbrushing an entire profession based on a tiny sampling of anecdotal evidence is well beneath you. C'mon, you're better than that.
:lol:

Are you kidding? That's most of his schmickschtick.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: 3. Scranton can get bailed out by People who had nothing to do with and got no benefit from Scranton's reckless spending.
Option 3 is immoral, just like the auto/banking industry/etc. bailouts.
Only if you incorrectly think, like Ayn Rand does, that people are not social animals.