Saturdays Coachella recap.

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Saturdays Coachella recap.

Post by The Assassin »

fun. Thats the word to describe this years Coachella show. I got drun,I got high,I got sunburnt,I got laid,and I saw,and heard some good music.

The highs

The Kills put on a great set. Lots of energy,and great stage presence.
Coldplay was outstanding. They were having a great time on stage. Best part was when Chris Martin addresses the crowd.

"We played Las Vegas last night,and I have to say i've never been in a room with so much silicone in my life. That was by far the worst crowd we ever played for."

then again when you charge $300 for tickets what do you expect to show up?

The Chemical Bros rocked.The tent was so packed though,I was fuckin sweating my ass off,and could barely bob my head let alone dance.

Didnt see alot of Bauhaus,but what I did see,and hear they were good. We were too busy looing for our very drun,and very upset friend who had gottten into an aegument with her husband earlier in the day. so that took presidence.

the lows

fucking prices went up. $7.00 for beer last year it was $5.00.

Last year I bought a burrito that came with a side of rice,and beans for $5.50.This year the burrito alone was $7.00. Bottled water was actually tap water. The fuckers were filling up the bottles with water from the drinking fountains(I hope anyways),and selling them for $3.00. You'd think the seals being broken on the bottles would be a give away to not drink them. Dumb hippies.

Weezer's set fucking sucked. They half assed it. No energy,no stage presence. They looked pissed to be there,played 6 songs,and left. TERRIBLE performance. BTW the new Weezer CD sucks ass.

Parking once again was a problem. we sat 2 hours after the show ended. and then it took another hour to get out,and get back to the motel.
But I got laid :wink:

all in all coachella once again was cool. Despite a weaker lineup,and price gauging I had a blast.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

i would have been there for Bauhaus...
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

scritti wrote:i would have been there for Bauhaus...
I saw as much as I could.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Re: Saturdays Coachella recap.

Post by patsy stone »

The Assassin wrote:
Weezer's set fucking sucked. They half assed it. No energy,no stage presence. They looked pissed to be there,played 6 songs,and left. TERRIBLE performance. BTW the new Weezer CD sucks ass.
Looks like they haven't changed. I saw them open up for Live years ago (don't remember what year) and they were the same way! They stood there, didn't move, and played the entire album in the exact order as they appear on the CD. If I wanted to listen to the CD, I could've saved money and stayed home. I was very disappointed. :(
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

i just screened the video for Beverly Hills and it's catchy,but Riv needs to see a therapist more often.

then again,shooting it at Hef's place is fresh..
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL