Giants
Patriots
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Championship Games - Call It

Post by Mikey »

Hoping for Niners vs. Ravens.

I'm thinking it will be Niners vs. Pats.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Giants
Patriots

The problem with the 49ers is they only have Vernon Davis & Crabtree in the passing game. Greg Williams totally blew the Saints defensive game plan by using single coverage on Davis. I think the Giants will double team him & Crabtree (at times), leaving Frank Gore & zilch for Alex Smith to throw to.

The Ravens are old, & their road record proves it. They simply are not the same defense on the road, & Flacco is a lot closer to Boller than Dilfer when it comes to poise in the pocket. For whatever reason Baltimore doesn't use Ray Rice enough........

Giants - 24
49ers - 16

Patriots - 31
Ravens - 23
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:For whatever reason Baltimore doesn't use Ray Rice enough........

Yeah, it's not like he was #2 in the NFL in percentage of a team's total yards, second only to a player on an inept offense with one weapon MJD).

Anyone with a lick of common sense would conclude that the Ravens used RR too much. Second most one-dimensional offense in the league.

Any other "wisdom" to share?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

In the Ravens 4 road losses, Ray Rice averaged 9 carries a game. That's too much of the load on Flacco's shoulders. Cam Cameron forgets who is the foundation of their offense at times, after they fall behind.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Nice save.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Nice save.

Not bad, BUT...

a team playing from behind on the road stops running it up the middle?

Color me shocked.

And I suppose he got more carries playing from ahead in home wins?

That's just crazy talk.

I gess those coach guys adjust the shit to for the situation, or something.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Conference:

Patriots 38

Ravens 20

Niners 27

Giants 24 (OT)

Superbowl:

Patriots 31

Niners 21

MVP - Brady or Gronkowski
Go Patriots! ! ! !
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Nice save.

Not bad, BUT...

a team playing from behind on the road stops running it up the middle?

Color me shocked.

And I suppose he got more carries playing from ahead in home wins?

That's just crazy talk.

I gess those coach guys adjust the shit to for the situation, or something.
Two of those losses were by a combined 10 points, so it's not like they had to turn into the Greatest Show on Turf in order to win. They did suffer double digit losses to Tennessee and San Diego...and perhaps they fell behind because they didn't stick to their game plan, I don't know.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

G-Men over 9ers
Ravens over Pats
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mikey wrote:Hoping for Niners vs. Ravens.

I'm thinking it will be Niners vs. Pats.
What I'm thinking as well.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote: The problem with the 49ers is they only have Vernon Davis & Crabtree in the passing game. Greg Williams totally blew the Saints defensive game plan by using single coverage on Davis. I think the Giants will double team him & Crabtree (at times), leaving Frank Gore & zilch for Alex Smith to throw to.
And yet they somehow found a way to complete passes to eight different receivers against the Saints. Crabtree, BTW, probably dropped more than he caught on Saturday.

The Niners won't have to score much to win this game anyway.

No doubt the media will be behind Eli and the Giants all week but, seriously, they were playing against probably the worst pass defense and total defense in the league on Sunday. Eli threw for 330 and 3 TDs, which is barely above average against the Packers. He definitely won't have that luxury this time around.

Look for turnovers ('sup Marcus) to be key in this game. Plus, the forecast is for rain from Thursday all the way through Sunday - advantage San Francisco.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:And yet they somehow found a way to complete passes to eight different receivers against the Saints. Crabtree, BTW, probably dropped more than he caught on Saturday.

Don't confuse Joe with facts -- his mind's made up.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Mikey wrote:
No doubt the media will be behind Eli and the Giants all week but, seriously, they were playing against probably the worst pass defense and total defense in the league on Sunday. Eli threw for 330 and 3 TDs, which is barely above average against the Packers. He definitely won't have that luxury this time around.

Look for turnovers ('sup Marcus) to be key in this game. Plus, the forecast is for rain from Thursday all the way through Sunday - advantage San Francisco.

I'm the last person to defend Eli but in the regular season game against the Packers he had a worst completion percentage, less yards per pass and 1 additional turnover but more passing yards.

In the playoff game he was far more efficient with his passes and average more per pass yet he didn't have to throw for 350+ yards and finished with the same amount of TD passes.

Just as Eli must now play against a better defense, so must Alex Smith. And if you want to measure defensive performances, the Giants defense was far superior in their play against the Packers than the 49ers against the Saints.

Oh and the Giants were the road team.

I think this game comes down to final possession.
I'm routing for David Akers.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

NY/San Fran is about as close to a pick'em as it gets, imo. You could say SF has the edge since they're at home, but NY is obviously not phased by playing on the road in the post-season.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Eli was the only QB (IIRC) that had a higher QB Rating on the road than at home.

That said -- Niners have wayyyyyy to much defense for the Gnats to handle.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:NY/San Fran is about as close to a pick'em as it gets, imo. You could say SF has the edge since they're at home,
You could say that. It especially favors the defense which is just knocking motherfuckers out left and right. The Gnats can get after the quarterback, too, but when I look at both offenses, the only real matchup nightmare I see is Vernon Davis. He is looking every bit like a man on a mission and should be the difference again this week.

Forget Clark. This is The Catch.

He left his enemy broken and beaten like Conan the fucking Barbarian.

(Niners v Pats)
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

No, it was The Catch III.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

SF has a bad ass team, no doubt. I guess all there is to do now is wait until the game is played YaFJ posts his prediction.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:And yet they somehow found a way to complete passes to eight different receivers against the Saints. Crabtree, BTW, probably dropped more than he caught on Saturday.

Don't confuse Joe with facts -- his mind's made up.
WTF is your problem Dingle berry? Get the fuck off my nut sack chin drip. Your next good take will be your first, douche bag.
Plus, the forecast is for rain from Thursday all the way through Sunday - advantage San Francisco.
According to Mooch, the 9er's aren't all that proficient playing in the rain. His take is that most of the rain in SF comes after the NFL season is over. He did say the 9ers have an advantage because they used to playing on a soggy field, a field that is always damp because of its proximity to the ocean.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Dinsdale wrote:Eli was the only QB (IIRC) that had a higher QB Rating on the road than at home.

But the Cowboys could? Nice take dip shit.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

To the best of my recollection the Niners haven't played a single game this season in the rain, much less on a muddy field. Since the Giants practice back east, I'd imagine that they're a little more acclimated than the Niners to playing in poor weather.

Also, people seem to be forgetting that the two teams already met in San Francisco this season, back when the Giants weren't as healthy or playing anywhere near as well as they are now. The result? A close, hard-fought Niners victory.

This game is anyone's guess.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

NE
SF
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote: Since the Giants practice back east, I'd imagine that they're a little more acclimated than the Niners to playing in poor weather.
There's a big difference between cold weather and wet weather. I don't know the relative statistical success of these two teams in the rain, on wet fields, dry fields, or whatever, but my thought was that the Niners' style of play and their strengths would seem to give them the advantage on a sloppy field. I could be wrong, but do the Giants have anybody who can block Justin Smith on a dry field much less a wet field?

Don't forget, Jermon Bushrod is a Pro Bowl player.

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

BAL/NE- Unlike some of you I've actually studied for this game and know the key factors to who will win. My first thought on the Patriots is that their defense reminds me of that '06 Colts D which set RECORDS in the regular season for suckassity, and then won a field goal fest against the Ravens in the divisional round, and ended up playing kick ass defense in the playoffs. BUT, the Patriots don't have the same Bob Sanders/Dwight Freeney playmakers on D. In other words, last week was just a mirage where Belichick was smart enough to snuff out the bullshit offensive "attack" of Denver. So, in my thorough analyzing of the Patriots....their defense...SUCKS. The Patriots....SUCK. Here is the number to remember- 24. The Pats averaged 31 points a game this year in wins, and the Ravens held teams to 20 I think (fuck, I forget) but the point is, i the Pats can be held to 24 or BELOW, Ravens win. Plus, the Ravens need to limit Brady's possessions to like 10 for the whole game. Another stat is Red Zone efficiency. Again, I actually did the research here and saw where the Pats scored TDs about 50% of their trips to the red zone this year, but the Ravens D was stingy as balls down there, only giving up TDs about 20% of the time. They also were 4th in pass defense whereas the Broncos were middle of the pack. They are going to kick the living shit out of Welker and find a way to punch Gronkowski in the balls as well. Though Lewis can't cover him, he can intimidate his ass, as can Reed. Maybe the Patriots can run the ball and ....lol oh wait! This is he Patriots we're talking about.... :lol: No running game whatsoever. Ravens win this game and win BECAUSE of plays by Joe Flacco who silences the critics. Baltimore 27, Patriots 21.

NYG/SF- - should be a decent game here. San Fran isn't that hard to beat....just ask Romo who beat them this year. Giants are battled tested from playing in the NFC East (vs. Dallas twice) and can also look at game film of the 49ers/Dallas game for how to beat this fraud team. That pass rush will destroy Alice Smith, and Manning will be more poised. He also is great at completing amazing passes while getting hit than anyone in the NFL with the exception of Tony Romo. I also laugh at people who think that Vernon Davis will repeat his performance. Bullshit. The Saints fucked up and the Giants won't let that happen. Giants 19, 49ers 13

Rematch of Super Bowl XXXV on the way...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: I actually did the research here ..
:lol:

New years resolution on your part?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

So there you have it. Super Bowl will be the Patriots and the Niners.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Goober McTuber wrote:So there you have it. Super Bowl will be the Patriots and the Niners.
When it's Giants/Ravens (two best defensive teams) you'll all claim "yaFJ got lucky derrrrrr" :meds:

And don't say the 49ers have a better D because they don't. They played in a division that may as well have included Cornell and UMass.

Print my take out and keep it next to you during the games and watch it unfold. Those teams will not only win but win for the exact reasons that I listed....then you'll hide from this forum for about 12 months
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:So there you have it. Super Bowl will be the Patriots and the Niners.
When it's Giants/Ravens (two best defensive teams) you'll all claim "yaFJ got lucky derrrrrr" :meds:
No, I think I’ll assume that jiminphilly’s wife posted your picks.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! :doh:
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:When it's Giants/Ravens (two best defensive teams) you'll all claim "yaFJ got lucky derrrrrr"
So does this mean the Giants are no longer a "fraud" team?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: When it's Giants/Ravens (two best defensive teams) you'll all claim "yaFJ got lucky derrrrrr"
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1
:lol:

Giants are #27 in YPG, but if you look at PPG, they move all the way up to #25. Of course they're playing a lot better now than they did during the season, and the statistics don't include a lot of intangibles...like yaFJ's curse.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"I did the research, blah blah blah...."

So YAFJ = bradhusker?

Makes sense.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

New England 30-27 (but I am tempted to say 41-10 the more I hear about Reed's injury and his/Flacco's comments = they appear ready to implode.)

Giants 23-13. I don't care about the weather. G-Men have a legit D and Alex Smith will choke.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:Your next good take will be your first, douche bag.

So, in short, you decided you were of sound enough judgement to offer up this opinion after:

- Contending the Ravens don't employ the services of Ray Rice enough.

It was pointed out to you that Rice has a greater share of the team's offensive workload than any other player in the playoffs, and all other players in the NFL save for one.

You then pointed out he didn't run it as much when they were playing catchup on the road. While you were attempting to sound something besides clueless with that one, all it actually accomplished was to get Marcus Allen to call, and ask you to get the fuck out of his armchair.

Advocating for the most one-dimensional team out there to become more one-dimensional is your thoughts on the matter here? Think that one through thoroughly did you, Mr. Takejudge?

But no, we weren't done with your level of statistical analysis -- having it pointed out to you that your version of "no one to throw to" was in fact 8 different receivers, rendering your Good Take (praise be unto you, TakeGod) as the opposite of reality.

But not content to merely be a garden-variety dipshit, you then went for the coup de grace of your assault-on-you, and channelled the ghost of one of M2's dead turds, threw out your comedic "penchant" for breaking down real data, and went straight for the kill -- the Transitive Theory.

And despite all that, you still deem yourself the Arbiter of Takes?

I like it better when you post as Bradhuskers or Jon.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: I could be wrong, but do the Giants have anybody who can block Justin Smith on a dry field much less a wet field?
Or Aldon Smith (soon to be DROY) for that matter. Anyone who thinks the Niners D is a fraud is a fucking moron.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote: I could be wrong, but do the Giants have anybody who can block Justin Smith on a dry field much less a wet field?
Or Aldon Smith (soon to be DROY) for that matter. Anyone who thinks the Niners D is a fraud is a fucking moron.
I was going to make the same point, damn they have a lot of Smiths' on that team... who happen to be from Mizzou. Watch out for the next Smith DL, also a Tiger, Jaquies(sp?) Smith will be a beast in the NFL as well.

I like San Fran to roll almost as easily as the Pats.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

No need to waste more bandwidth quoting dingleberry's take.

Statistical analysis? Arbiter of Takes?

I gave my take, period. I never said it was based on statistics. But I did pick against SF, sorry that got your panties in such a bunch that you ended up with your head up your ass. I do believe this game will be the closer of the two, but think the Giants can limit Gore and Davis, making the other 9er players beat them. If the Giants can do that they should win. I also think the Giants have better options & are deeper on offense.

Then after riding my nut sack, you offer this?
Are you a hypocrite, arbiter of shit takes, or just a moron?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I've never seen anybody go after Joe before, well, except when we're arguing over arcane FFL rules. I can't imagine why anybody would even want to.

Good luck with that, Dins.

:popcorn: