Mulder v. Hudson

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Alkie
Swigmeister General

Mulder v. Hudson

Post by Alkie »

Anybody else looking forward to this one besides me?

Contrary to popular belief there are still a few of who enjoy pitchers duels.

I hope both guys are on tonight, and LaRussa doesn't fuck up managing a game where playing small ball might just win you the game.
IndyFrisco wrote:I was really into partaking in the art of fellatio
Dinsdale wrote:rack Al.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Being and A's fan I will be saddened to watch these two guys go at it. However it should make for one hell of a game.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Clemens v. Mulder turned out pretty good....
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

helmet wrote:Clemens v. Mulder turned out pretty good....
Fuck yeah it did, I heard Mulder say on the radio they have a bet going about who will get the first hit off the other one too.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mulder vs. Furcal and vs. their 2nd baseman might be problematic. Mulder vs. the rest of the Braves lineup will be a breeze. Problem is, Cards don't do so well against new competition. Great big Loss tonight, Cardsfan.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

So Bace, should I ask shutyomouth to mail you a Braves hat? Nice to see a true fan like bace with such a positive attitude about the home town team. Guess they really don't even need to play the game we've already got the outcome right here.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

go over there and read what I said about the series to buttsy.
http://www.thetrolls.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=110618
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

Bizzarofelice wrote:go over there and read what I said about the series to buttsy.
Which forum?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

link?
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

So fucking what Bace, and Link? is so overused. Over there you claim Saturday is the braves only hope, and here you claim they will win tonight.

Help a brother out, I don't expect a series sweep, but I don't know how you can say we don't have much of a chance tonight. Besides soft tossing lefties are the ones that kill us, not righties.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Alkie wrote: Link?
You are very correct. I was using that fact when I later attached the link. I'm just talking out my ass here, Al, and seeing where the discussion goes. Not trying to insult you or anything. Such behavior is limited to the main forum. Here, I am content to be the reigning champeen.

No... wait... I'm more than happy to insult Cubfan. More than happy to gloat when Dusty send his pitching coach out to the mound to sniff Zambrano's diaper to determine if he's due to throw a tantrum.
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

Well I do feel insulted, Bace.

Here enjoy this dissertation from a member of my fantasy baseball league on CBS Sportsline.

The Psychology of a Cubs Fan

The most pathetic team in baseball has developed in its fan base a mental aberration that some psychologists have diagnosed as a legitimate mental disability. Cubs fans are generally characterized by their delusions and their low self-esteem. In the more serious cases, these Cub "fans" can spiral toward self-depridation, masochism, and even complete madness. After years of study, Dr. Smith has determined that the mental disease of Cubs fans nationwide should be termed "anti-fanism."

The more serious anti-fans are immediately recognizeable by their constant delusions. Some of these delusions border on schizophrenia, where the anti-fan builds an alternate reality for himself in which the Cubs are actually pennant or even World Series contenders. They tend to exaggerate small victories, furthering their delusions. This process repeats itself, year after year, for the entirety of the anti-fan's life, until the victim is finally freed from this state of delusion by death. The only known cure for Anti-fanism is a full frontal lobotomy, a procedure that is recommended by this physician, since anything is better than being a Cubs fan trapped in this world of delusion.

Unfortunately for the anti-fan, they tend to spiral toward depression and extreme low self-esteem. When they reach this level of hoplessness, the Anti-fan tends to overcompensate in a combination of two ways. The first is the drunken blowhard and the second is the obsessive statistician. The drunken blowhard increases his schizophrenic delusions by drowning himself in a sea of alcohol and then lashing out at true fans all over the nation. The obsessive statistician loses himself in a world of meaningless numbers, twisting and corrupting them to make the Cubs pitching and batting look better on paper than in reality.

You see, a Cubs fan doesn't actually root for the Cubs. Their extreme self-loathing would not allow such a positive effect to occur in their psyche. Rather, the Cub fan roots against everybody else. By hating every other team more than they hate their Cubs, they trick themselves into thinking the Cubs are their favorite. Some part of them realizes, deep down, that their team is going to perform horribly, so they root for every other team to perform even worse.

Such negativity and self-loathing lead Cubs fans to seek attention in whatever means they can. They usually do this through negative-attention-seeking devices. Since an anti-fan cannot be noticed in a positive way, they find themselves wanting to be hated. Any attention is good attention, according the the anti-fan mentality, since it is really a way to compensate for their own low self-esteem. Just like a child who misbehaves to get the attention of a parent, the anti-fan will spew all sorts of loud nonsense at the ballbark, "cheer" at inappropriate times, and hurl curses and insults fueled by beer (see the drunken-blowhard, above), or in some cases, paint-thinner. They try and goad positive fans into participating in their negativity, since misery loves company.

The Cubs never win. They will never win. Not in your lifetime, not in any lifetime. I think the Cubs winning is one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Unfortunately, the only way an anti-fan will realize this is by removing major portions of the brain where the disease has taken root.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

this is Mulders game, he isn;t facing Pittsburgh or Houston tonight. THose 2 teams are worst hitting teams in baseball. Braves are and will be 1 of 4 teams in playoffs, so good test tonight against hudson!

Let's see what he can do against Braves.

Suppan,Carps,Jason m, matty mo all looked like cy young pitchers against pitt,mil,hou. Now comes the better teams!

Someone free So, all he is doing is hitting the ball, yet he sits unless Jimmah needs a day off!

:roll:
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

big time so taguchi fan, Jerry. runner being held at first and the man has the bat control to poke it in the hole almost every time. he should be THE pinch hitter in such a situation.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Clemens-Maddux
Backe-Wood

and

PRIOR-OSWALT

Kinda renders this thread meaningless.

Just adding a little perspective...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rozy wrote:Clemens-Maddux
Backe-Wood

and

PRIOR-OSWALT

looks like a cripple fight in houston.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rozy wrote:Just adding a little perspective...
It does. Reminds Cardinalfan that it is good to be in first.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Adelpiero wrote:
Backe-Wood

and

PRIOR-OSWALT

lol
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Adelpiero wrote:
Backe-Wood

and

PRIOR-OSWALT

Based on your average take for the last week, that doesn't surprise me. :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Q: What was the outcome of yesterday's Astros-Cubs matchup?
A: about 35,000 cheated fans.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Q: What was the outcome of yesterday's Astros-Cubs matchup?
A: about 35,000 cheated fans.
A: A Stros win

and

AA: Tendonitis for the master of all that is overrated.

So tell me, Bace, how is that a cheat? :lol:

Myself, I am going to enjoy 2 of the 3 best NL pitchers go at it today.

L to R~~Roy O. vs. Mark P. (not pictured-Josh B.)

Remember, I am the dude that predicted the Cards to win 110. But Mulder v. Hudson will never match O vs. Prior. Never has, never will.

What happened to knowledgable Card fans?

This place needs a GOOD dose of Ucant.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rozy wrote:But Mulder v. Hudson will never match O vs. Prior.
Playoffs. O vs. Prior on the 5th green will not be as exciting.
What happened to knowledgable Card fans?
He leaves when Astro inferiority complex takes over your mind.
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

Holy crap that Scott guy sucks the cork outta sammys bat. Oh and rozy care to revise your top3 list? Maybe taking the D-train to a clue might help jog your memory.

Nice week in nascar rozy.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Alkie wrote:Holy crap that Scott guy sucks the cork outta sammys bat. Oh and rozy care to revise your top3 list? Maybe taking the D-train to a clue might help jog your memory.

Nice week in nascar rozy.
Dontrelle, Mulder, Scmidt, Hudson, and Peavy make up that second tier. And all very, very solid. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, Alkie, based on one month. There is nothing to dislike about D-train. Nothing. But one month does not elevate him to Prior, Oswalt, Beckett. Not yet, anyhoo.
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

Prior still has a lot to prove in my book, he's not as unhittable as dtrain right now, and Oswalt and Beckett have some kinda high walk totals, and all three have an ERA much higher than dontrell right now. One month does not make a season, but if asked right now who I'd want to pitch if I had to win just one game, D-Trains the man.