Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Mr. Tebow

Post by Dinsdale »

Funny how perception and reality can be so radically different:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmle ... L&rank=110

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/946 ... th-quarter

Statistically, the best 4th quarter QB in the league, and has been for a long time.

Then again, I didn't find any stats on "QB rating with a few seconds left, where if the QB doesn't execute, the game is over," where I don't believe he would fare nearly so well.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:Funny how perception and reality can be so radically different:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmle ... L&rank=110

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/946 ... th-quarter

Statistically, the best 4th quarter QB in the league, and has been for a long time.
Sure...in September. The Boys have blown five 4th quarter leads this year and three of those were double digit leads. They've only blown two such games during the previous 51 years.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

What mvscal said.

Romo can throw the ball fine in the 4th quarter, but pisses down his leg at "winning time". The only difference to that formula is December, where he typically shits himself at kickoff.

What does he need to shake that stigma? Depends.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:The Boys have blown five 4th quarter leads this year and three of those were double digit leads. They've only blown two such games during the previous 51 years.
Romo had nothing to do with the loss to the Giants....he gave them the lead but the defense collapsed...still, he drove them down and put them in a postion to tie it and take it to OT bailey just couldn't convert....the loss to Arizona was Garrett's fault (nice timeout, way to ice your own kicker you fucking idiot) and Philly blew them out....but I think it's fair to say that Romo's inadequacies in the 4th quarter probably cost them victories against the Jets, Patsies, and the Lions....but the defense (or lack thereof) had a big hand in those losses as well
get out, get out while there's still time
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Tony Romo has been SENsational. He has GROWN up this year. Time and time again he has taken his team to a win. Stop the madness! Tebow will go DOWN this week to NFL royalty. PLEASE stop the madness!

-sin,

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Felix wrote:Romo had nothing to do with the loss to the Giants
Nothing? You must have missed that crucial 3rd and 5 in which Romo overthrew a wide fucking open wide receiver, which would have extended the Cowboy drive/sealed the game.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I wonder how Jesus will fare against the worst defense in football this week.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Nothing? You must have missed that crucial 3rd and 5 in which Romo overthrew a wide fucking open wide receiver, which would have extended the Cowboy drive/sealed the game.
I think it's patently unfair to single out a particular play and say "see, if he'd have executed this play, there's have been a different outcome".....was Romo's overthrow more significant than Felix Jones coughing the ball up on the Dallas 10 yard line which led to a gimme field goal for the Giants? How about the 30+ yard punt out of bounds that set New York up nicely at around their own 40 yard line....I could make a credible argument that both of those plays were just as significant to the outcome as Romo overthrowing Austin.....

I've always ascribed to the philosophy that a single player can win a game, but one player can't lose a football game
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Felix wrote:I think it's patently unfair to single out a particular play and say "see, if he'd have executed this play, there's have been a different outcome".....
I'm not singling out Romo. I'm just responding to your claim that Romo had "nothing" to do with the loss. Clearly, that play is evidence he had something to do with it, just as Felix Jones had something to do with it, and others. Of course, winning and losing is always a team effort.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:The Boys have blown five 4th quarter leads this year and three of those were double digit leads. They've only blown two such games during the previous 51 years.
:facepalm:

Damn that Romo guy for missing all those tackles.

I'm not disagreeing that when the spotlight is brightest, Romo seems preoccupied with wolfing down semen, but I'm not sure what he has to do with blowing 4th quarter leads. Seems like he's a big part of having a lead for the defense to blow.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I'm not singling out Romo. I'm just responding to your claim that Romo had "nothing" to do with the loss. Clearly, that play is evidence he had something to do with it, just as Felix Jones had something to do with it, and others. Of course, winning and losing is always a team effort.
I always forget that sometimes things are taken literally, rather than with the meaning that was intended......so let me couch my original comment by saying that Romo's contributions (or lack thereof) weren't the primary reasons the Cowboys lost...
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity Tom, said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a huge 3-story mansion with Orange and Blue sidewalks and driveways, a 50 foot tall flagpole with a n enormous Broncos logo flag waving, a swimming pool in shape of a horse, a Broncos logo in every window, and a Tim Tebow jersey on the front door.

Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 3 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Tom?"

"Well, why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tom, that's not Tim's house, it's mine."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"Oh oh oh, btw...Mormonism...all true, every single word...."

:waz:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

yeah, well tough to overcome 3 turnovers and 20 unanswered points in a quarter of football.....if Denver could just figure out a way to skip the 2nd quarter of every game....

still like their chances after the duh's blew the chance to upset the lions with buffalo and kansas shitty left on the schedule
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The way the Raider defense choked that one away today...buuuhrutal.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Van wrote:The way the Raider defense choked that one away today...buuuhrutal.

I was driving home from a mini-vacay with the radio blaring...lost my mind in those final 5 minutes. The Lions are in the proverbial driver's seat to get back to the playoffs. :hfal:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland's defense was comical in the 4th quarter.

Lechler pinned Detwat on the 1 yd line with 2:00 left - 27-21 lead.
No timeouts.

The Lions carved the Raiders up with ease - and scored a TD with 40 seconds left. LOL

Oakland didn't find any need to cover Calvin Johnson properly.
Cover him over the middle with a LB - with help from a slow second string safety.

Sure, that's the ticket.

Stunning loss.
Killer of a loss for the 'duds.

But not all that stunning, really.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

NFL Pregame Show: "Let's cut away to a live look at Tim Tebow warming up. Oh my god, it's only 26 degrees and he's warming up with no sleeves or no gloves! And this guy's from Florida! Amazing!"
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

That Tebow is throwing picks well, he's getting flustered under the pass rush well... he's doing everything it takes to lose a game 40-14. So you know what you do? You pat him on the back and you say "god job." And tell him not to praise Jesus so much. Or whatever they do when they're not throwing balls into the turf.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BSmack wrote:So you know what you do? You pat him on the back and you say "god job."
Even if that was just a typo, damn, that's beautiful. Maybe God is finally getting sick of him?

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:
BSmack wrote:So you know what you do? You pat him on the back and you say "god job."
Even if that was just a typo, damn, that's beautiful. Maybe God is finally getting sick of him?
One might think that God (assuming that fairy tale is true) has other more pressing matters to attend to on 12/24. Maybe planning his kid's 2018th birthday party? He owes the kid big time after that getting nailed to the cross practical joke.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, I'll bite...

2018th?

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote: Even if that was just a typo, damn, that's beautiful. Maybe God is finally getting sick of him?
"god" must have had other things on his mind....shopping for his kid's birthday I'll bet....

that was one ugly performance....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:Okay, I'll bite...

2018th?
Given that 7 BC is usually attributed as the birth year of Jesus, he would have turned 2018 this year. Of course since Christianity is made up bullshit designed to placate the masses, I doubt any celestial gifts were ACTUALLY purchased.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Bsmack, are you an atheist?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:Bsmack, are you an atheist?
I am an agnostic. I am open to verifiable evidence of a higher power. So far, none has been presented.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Felix wrote: "god" must have had other things on his mind....shopping for his kid's birthday I'll bet....
Why worry now. He's got till June.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:That Tebow is throwing picks well, he's getting flustered under the pass rush well... he's doing everything it takes to lose a game 40-14. So you know what you do? You pat him on the back and you say "god job." And tell him not to praise Jesus so much. Or whatever they do when they're not throwing balls into the turf.
And ask him not to serve fried chicken or whatever they eat at the champions' dinner.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
BSmack wrote:That Tebow is throwing picks well, he's getting flustered under the pass rush well... he's doing everything it takes to lose a game 40-14. So you know what you do? You pat him on the back and you say "god job." And tell him not to praise Jesus so much. Or whatever they do when they're not throwing balls into the turf.
And ask him not to serve fried chicken or whatever they eat at the champions' dinner.
I'm pretty sure he'll be serving bread and wine.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

JUST FUCKING AWFUL

Three fucking points? sixty yards passing?

denver is going to get steamrolled in the playoffs....
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

You will find that I am right about Tebow. Just as I was about Drew Brees.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Watch Bronco Fans get togethe, collect money and put up "Sart Brady Quinn" billboards now
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That was just embarrassing. Again. Pittsburgh is going to put a bullet in this stupid experiment.

Fortunately for the Broncs, they're in the same division as the Raiders, who remain "the dumbest team in the NFL." (Bill Callahan) Not only that, but the Raiders are also gutless. If there's a way to fold, they'll find it. In particular, that defense is the most talented bunch of pussies ever assembled. Do they ever show up big when it matters most? Ever?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:stupid experiment.
Who had Denver in the playoffs at the beginning of the season? Anyone?

That's what I thougt.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dungver getting into the playoffs on the heels of a stinker of a home LOSS is perfect.

Sums up the AFC West perfectly.

Nobody from the division would be a worthwhile playoff team.

Denver was the prettiest red-headed stepchild.

Props to them for that.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Denver in the playoffs? It should be the Raiders. The Raiders are better than Denver. You could also say the Chargers should be there because they SO underachieved. And we KNOW KC is better than Denver. Tebow is a joke.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

That was a seriously ugly football game, but THANK GOD we finally beat that little faggot Tebow....I cannot wait until the Steelers finish that pretty boy off once and for all next weekend.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote:JUST FUCKING AWFUL

Three fucking points? sixty yards passing?

denver is going to get steamrolled in the playoffs....
at least your team made the playoffs...

It was obvious TT was gun shy after that performance in Beefalo last week, he just couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger even when he had an open receiver. 4 INT games will do that to a young QB.

I'd like to be all smug about KC coming to play and whatnot but this game felt more like fucking your sister than it did what turned out to be a meaningless NFL game.

Nice job Raiders, pissing down your leg after being handed the fucking keys to a division title.

Ingrate Assholes.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yeah, KC did Oakland a great favor today - and the Raider defense COMPLETELY shit the bed AT HOME in a MUST WIN situation against a mediocre team that was BELOW .500.

Over 500 yds allowed.
MUST win.

lol

Just pitiful stuff.

Well, I was bustin' KC Scott's balls in here the past few days, but you know what?

He said in preseason that Oakland might have the worst defense in the league... and he was right.

:bode:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, pop, at least that second pick of Cincy's won't be a first-rounder.

:mrgreen: